Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Lagoon (Vulpesen/ask)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Vulpesen"]

"I was raised by a Genoharadan guildmaster. He was not kind and used by guardians family to gain more knowledge. A tradition of assassin's and killers serving the highest bidder. I suppose it is why when it comes to emotion and death I am practical. A life is a life and all are precious but everything dies." Matsu took a seat though and listened fully to Vulpesen as her pupils dilated growing sider and her fingers danced over the datapad. Typing up the information as she spoke and stopped when done to offer a small smile. She reached across for a datapad and brought it down to them. "There is some more information you could use on here, along with research notes I have collected on several artifacts in mythology that I believe are real. With some of my work taking me beyond shadows I am going to be looking to find an old object. The mind harp."

Vulpesen let out a small twitch as he heard the guild's name. He hated assassins and as secretive as they had been, there were records of Revan, one of his favorite historical figured meeting them. "I've heard of the Genoharadan. I studied as a councilor when I was first becoming a jedi. In that time, I studied jedi such as Revan who had come in contact with your order during the great sith war." As she pulled up the artifact in question, Vulpesen leaned forward, raking his brain for information. He'd heard of it before, but he couldnt quite place it. As she finally brought it up on a datapad, his memory finally clicked. "Oh, that! I remember hearing about it during the battle of Tund. I believe a friend of ours had gone after it and may have retrieved it. Known at the time as Darth Vazela."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"The mind harp is something many want but use have paid attention to its use. I still do find some of the artifacts I have researched interesting. Study of the codex on Tython proved invaluable and there are several holocrons that should always be observed." Matsu remained by her desk and hearing he had studied she smiled lightly touching the desk. "Few people know what the order is, even less who figure it out see value in having skills or training. What else do you know of the past Vulpesen, tell me what you know of Emberlene."

Vulpesen let out a small smile as a voice in his head started t chatter away. Most people would be crazy in such circumstances, but Vulpesen was quite well. No, it was only Ace reporting what he had seen through the telepathic bond he shared with Vulpesen. Still, the master had long ago learned to converse with others despite the wolf's speech in his mind. "Actually, very little. I know they held a group of assassin ad warrior women but for the most part, I studied great force orders. People such as the Aing-Tii, Baran-do, and Dathomir withches were the ones that truly caught my interest back then. Is there something on Emberline that I might find particular interesting in ways of the force?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"On Emberlene the shadow guards who can feel the force and use it are sent out to learn from different orders. They collect the knowledge and bring it home to be kept and studied, thousands of years of learning and different orders that can then be practiced. It isn't that they have one special force sect it is that they collect many to allow generations to learn and refine. By the time I came to Emberlene to see and give what I knew of the Imperial knights for the records they had teachings of the shapers, the fallanassi, the mutaki, the jal shey, the zeison shal, the Yusanna, the Baron-do, the AIng tii, the witches, ember of Vahl, kasi warriors, the mandalorians and many more. It is where I got interested in research. While maintaining my own lessons among the jedi." She kept her smile though to that. "Though the real question is how good are you at concealing yourself? Where we have to go and search we will want to be very very careful and there is still plenty I can teach you about the force."

Vulpesen felt his eyes widen as she spoke of all the different forms. Suddenly, Emberlene became a haven for him, a paradise where learning all these skills he wished was possible. While he could never be a shadowguard assassin, he could certainly take lessons form them. Such a place might have helped cut down his two year Sojourn. As for concealing himself to fly off to another place, Vulpesen spread his arms with a grin. "Before Carn disbanded us, I was a shadow." As he spoke, he felt the force flow around him, bending away the light and running past as a stone in the river, leaving him in the center of its splitting flow. After only a few minutes, Vulpesen had completely faded from view.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu saw it on his face.. that look of surprise at what she said and gave a nod. "My family from Emberlene are vast and stretch out through generations. We have talents, namely perfect memory. It is why gathering information is easier and I can recall as needed instead of falling back on problems much like the council. We have adapted sects of the force to make stronger bonds and a family line. It is also why I need to ask you to train one of my cousin's. Noriko has some special talents, Nico has her master, Junko even managed to get a master being from a noble family on Atrisia. I have even learned from my family who have went to the CIS and is in the protectorate about some things all the way down to the gods of the Moross crusade in the deep south. We however will be heading to search Karsol."

He listened intently to her proposal. Padawans hadn't really been hi specialty as those he trained seems to dissapear from the face of the Galaxy, but perhaps thisone was a bit different. There was only one way to find out. "I'd be happy to. Its the least I can do for the training you're giving me. As for Karsol, may I ask what I'll find there?"
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Could be anything, my searching a world with another padawan led me to some research notes. Karsol came up and one never knows what they are going to find." Matsu straightened up and led the way back while she held some more notes offering a small grin to herself. There was always something to find on a planet the value just might not be known as she got to the ship and set the course for them to jump to hyperspace.

Vulpesen nodded to her words and went after the master. Taking care not to forget his smaller blue companion, the master sent Ace a quick telepathic message. Just as he reached the loading ramp, Vulpesen felt the familiar weight and a brush of fur on his shoulder and cheek. Good, no doubt Ace would howl this planet awake all night if he accidentally left him behind. As they prepared for a jump, Vulpesen found himself a seat and sat down. "I sometimes do enjoy a good mystery."
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Mystery indeed but her work with Jeela had revealed the world through sheer random chance. Searching and fidning what information they could from the library had given coordinates and when a library filled with artifacts from before Ossus fell to being poisoned said 'point of interest' you listened to the jedi master saying it. Looking at the navicomputer Matsu set the course and jumped while speaking. "I discovered the coordinates while searching ruins with my padawan, there were several locations one going into the unknown regions and one into the void. I'll be exploring those eventually but we shall see what comes of it. For now all I have been able to get is this world is old, statues from Coruscant's ruins and Tython are there same as several places in the galaxy."

Vulpesen nodded and listened. Whatever this artifact was, it would likely be his first large find, Normally, all he foundw as low level sith artifacts and if he was lucky, a holocron for the archives. Now he was finally on the trail of what could be an important discovery. Maybe this time he would keep Ace close to him, He would just have to make sure that his little friend stayed under the phrik plate on his armor. "So where do we start? Unknown regions, or the void which actually sounds rather interesting."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"We start at the sky temple, and go from there. If my research is correct.... we will not have to find it... Once we have the key it will find us." Of that she was more certain, the idea of finding a large pyramid of myth and legend in the galaxy was harder and harder as more of it got filled in... Strange but as she set the coordinates for Sakuub and the jump to hyperspace commenced. Matsu had a grin on her face. "There are many mysteries in the galaxy Vulpesen, some like this date back long before. Before the Zhell and rakatan... from the carbon dating of the grotesques several tens of thousands of years but the beings are not the old gods, they aren't the architects and creators of myth who made places like center point they just came from the sky and would make civilization reset for a time."

Vulpesen nodded and sat back to relax in his seat. "I am familiar with quite a few of these legends. I take it our target is the object of one of these stories?" He watched the coordinates being typed in, bringing out a datapad to type them in and find their destination. "So, what lead are we following to Sakuub?" He was somewhat unfamiliar with the system, but hopefully such inexperience with the planet wouldn't prove to be too bad of a hindrance.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Yes we are, a few years ago I found myself on a world where I found several statues. At first I wasn't sure what they were or where I had seen them but they were old.... Older then most things, then later I remembered they were on Coruscant in the oldest ruins but were not native. The ruins had been built around them, there were some on Tython in the Old City, on Dathomir and several other worlds where legends from oral history of beings from the sky come. I am looking to see what they are, if it isn't the ancient Gree, if it isn't the Kwa or the Rakatan, then we have other things, older mysteries." She had a smile though while thinking about it.

Vulpesen laid back as he listened to her. Ancient technology like this was beyond anything he had ever seen. He couldn't wait to find it and he was honored to be chosen for an opportunity such as this. "Well, lets just hope that our trip proves to be worth it." He reached into his robes and pulled out a weathered datapad. Clicking into the device, Vulpesen started to bring up information on their destination.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

That was the hope and Matsu continued to wait there laying back in the seat a little while the ship continued for several hours. Enough for them to get rest and arrive outside the system. Matsu looked at the starlines came back into view before she smiled. "We are here." Matsu took the controls off auto pilot and started heading down as she expanded her senses outwards to see the planets. The coordinates for the Sky temple was there while she moved in her seat and scanned the horizon. Then it was there as she worked in the clearing and prepared to land. "I'll set it down over here, be ready, there is no telling what we might find."

Vulpesen looked up as [member="Matsu Ike"] told him of their arrival. "Good, I was just running out of things to study about the place." He rose to his feet and adjusted his robed and belt. "I'm always ready for a conflict. I just hope this trip is worth it." He walked back to the ship's ramp. Honestly, he was alright with leaping out right not, but not everyone was up for jumping out of a perfectly good craft before it even touched the ground.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Do not always be too eager for conflict you might find more then you have bargained for." She rose and moved getting dressed in more comfortable clothing but still retaining the saber on her hip while she moved down the boarding ramp. Hopefully they wouldn't have to charge back up it running for their loves as she started walking the length towards the temple in the distance. "I have learned Vulpesen we often find that which we do not want because the force has a sense of humor, I don't want o end up like some of the stories told about you as I am sure you don't want to end up like the ones told about me."

"you confuse me master Ike. A readiness for conflict does not always constitute an hope for it. Besides, I don't need to find it. It tends to always find me." As they continued walking down the ramp and she spoke about the force's humor, he couldn't help but find truth in the words. "Agreed. So, I'll take it that we'll proceed with caution and when things go south, we either take it head on like its a womprat, or we go running to the hills like its a rancor." Ok, maybe the last point wasn't completely accurate sine Vulpesen had roared back at a rancor to tame it, but that was a simple negligible detail.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom