Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beyond the Veil

There was a bit of humor in her voice when she spoke next.

"In all my life I never thought of names I would want for my children. What about you?"

​Jairdain now started throwing names around in her mind. Sienna called to her if she had daughter, but would leave naming a second child up to him. Boy or girl, it would be his choice.

Finishing eating, she set the plate down on the table. Still really tired, she turned to look in his direction.

"I'm sorry, I am so tired."

[member="Mr. Bones"]

"Well, you get some rest...I've got some more meditation to do about...something." Dopi made his way back outside as he let [member="Jairdain"] go to sleep. He wasn't understanding the cold feeling he kept getting. As if the winds were blowing just enough to be ice cold...but it made no sense, they weren't on an form of an ice ball of a planet, they were on the exact opposite of ice. He went back to his spot in the crops to continue meditating on this, and a few other things that were important to him.

"I will. You'll have to make dinner too, I think."

Jairdain waited until Dopi had left their house before moving into the bedroom and got out of her clothes. Laying down under the covers, also having that same chill he had. Maybe she was getting ill, but it didn't feel that way to her.

Next thing the knight would know was when he came inside.

[member="Mr. Bones"]

Dopi kept on thinking and thinking about the chill...He couldn't explain it. He just simply couldn't understand what it was...until he thought of something. Something that made him wish it wasn't true. What if all of this...the home, the news of children, even the months of time he and her spent together...was all just another vision from Ilum? He jumped down from where he was, and ran inside. He had to tell [member="Jairdain"] what he thought the chill was, and if she was feeling it as well.

The dreams Jairdain had while she slept were troubled. Shadows hunted her, spirits of her people called to her. Lives flashed through her mind, souls she had met and were now gone. Her first test on Ilum was there too. Raging through her dreams was a not so gentle nudge that none of this was real, that she needed to wake up and do it now.

The knight did just that, her eyes opened, not on Iridonia though, but back on Ilum. The chill in her body was real and whatever had caused her to wake up was unknown to her. Her frigid and almost frozen body still lay in the cave where she found her magenta crystal. Taking a brief moment to give thanks to her gods, she focused on moving. If she was in this condition, what kind was Dopi in.

Thoughts of her dream crossed her mind, none of it was real. Tears came to her eyes and froze as they ran down her face, but she needed to make sure he was safe too. Standing up, her glare at the cave was obvious.

"Never again."

It was a bare whisper and she ran out of the cave to try and find Dopi. ​She found his almost lifeless body just outside the shuttle. Opening the shuttle up, she brought his still form inside. Shutting the door, Jairdain moved to find him blankets and get them back to Kashyyk.

The warmth of the shuttle did wonders for her she was almost her normal self very soon. Hoping none of her fingers or toes got frostbite from exposure, she brought the shuttle up and the droid on board got their course set. That done, Jairdain sat down. For now, she had done everything she could to get them away from that horrible place. It was on Dopi if he woke up or stayed in his test and thus fail.

[member="Mr. Bones"]

As Dopi went into the house and got closer and closer to the bedroom, the cold was getting worse, and the chill was getting stronger. When he opened the door, he saw something truely frightening. There was blood everywhere. On the walls, the floor, the sheets, even the windows had blood staining them.

As Dopi walked in, he felt something else in the room. It wasn't [member="Jairdain"], or anything he sensed before..as if the culprit was still in the room. Soon, a huge, shadowy figure walked into the room, and spoke. "You belong to me now...your soul will be mine like hers was."

"AH! W-What?" Soon, Dopi jumped up and he was in the shuttle. He couldn't believe it...he just couldn't believe it. His soon to be kids, his lifestyle with her, all of it. "I...No...J-Jair?" He looked around the shuttle, not knowing where she was at all.

Jairdain sat in the cockpit and barely turned when Dopi woke up. The fact he had pleased her. Knowing if she made a noise he would hear where she was located. Moving slightly, he should hear the rustle of her clothing and cloak to know where she was. She did not break her silence yet though.

It was all a test for both of us.​

The thought went out to him. She sat alone for reason and not in the cabin. Not yet ready to speak to him over what happened in the vision. Jairdain had thought these trials were meant to be done alone. The fact theirs hadn't been made her wonder what it meant.

She also went through her own feelings. There was person she loved and then Dopi within this test. That love wasn't real between then and she knew that. Time and separation was what Jairdain needed right now and in a small shuttle that would be hard to get.

[member="Mr. Bones"]

"I just...I...I understand."

He moved over to one of the chairs and sat down in it. He took notice that since she sent that notice to his thoughts instead of speaking was most likely that she wanted the silence. But he couldn't take it...He loved the time he had with her, and the feelings he gained for her he kept outside of the vision. He just didn't wanna let go of the emptions he had for @Jairdain. He silently cried to himself, since the vision hit him down to the core...He was having a very difficult time letting go of what he saw.

When he spoke, it broke the silence between them. His words were a lie though, he didn't understand. The tone indicated that much. Letting out a sigh, laying her head back for a moment before standing up, Jairdain moved out of the cockpit to be next to Dopi.

"What is there to understand? That was our test."

Her voice was flat, unemotional and almost distant. It wasn't cold, mean or hurtful though.

"It wasn't real."

[member="Mr. Bones"]

"I...I wish it was...It was beautiful."

He had been crying to himself for a while before [member="Jairdain"] went back to where he was and explained the situation in a flat tone of voice. He knew that she wanted to be real just as much as he did...He sensed it within her...right? She had to at least wished it was real. He didn't want to accept the truth of the current situation, as tears kept flowing down his face.

"But it WASN'T!"

A brief flash of anger filled her and faded away to a dull ember. Very much like that ember of love had been in the test. The anger wasn't at him though, but the situation. Did she want to have been real? Maybe, but she loved another. Jairdain would have to tell him this.

Facing forward, her hands went to her lap and Jairdain could not look in his direction...not physically or through the Force.

"In the real, where we are now, I love another Jedi."

[member="Mr. Bones"]

He went silent. His crying stopped dead in its tracks as [member="Jairdain"] told him that she loved another Jedi. His heart nearly broke at the seems, as he went cold as could be, for the first time in a long time for him. He had to accept the truth, wither he liked it or not.

"I see...Well...Keep me in mind...If things don't work out."

He then went into a meditative pose, and began to do just that; Meditate. "Always have a back up plan...even in life changing decisions like who to love, and who to hate...always have a contingency plan."

The cold detachment, his pulling away from came as a bit of a shock. Her words caused it though and her own tone. The last thing Jairdain spoke to Dopi before she returned to the cockpit came with a light touch to his shoulder if he allowed it. The tone was true to her words as well as how she felt through the Force.

"I'm sorry..."

Her own tears came then ​and she fled from the cabin.

His words followed her about making a back up plan, but in the vision and test he had been so much more than that. Dopi went to meditate thus shutting her out and it left both of them alone.

[member="Mr. Bones"]

"It...It's okay."

The last thing he had said to her were those words, with the light touch of her hand on his shoulder as he prepared to meditate. He wanted to get a quiet moment so then he could put his composure back together, before he bursts out into tears again, and does something that he'll later regret. He started to meditate, as he was contemplating on many things that he needed to think of later...though every once in a while he did think of [member="Jairdain"] again.

Sitting down in the cockpit alone, Jairdain actually felt like curling up into a little ball and withdrawing from everything. So for a time, she did that. While she didn't meditate, she didn't focus on anything either. Her past, false past, truth and lies passed through her mind. The vision of the test, her feelings that had been formed within it and her feelings for Yuroic all crossed her thoughts. They never stayed on one for long before moving on.

Jairdain felt her heart breaking with it all, but her mind stayed stable for once. This was an excellent sign to her. This test had proved to her, she was ready to move past being a simple knight, but now a master. Maybe that was its purpose. Confident now, Jairdain opened her eyes not knowing they had been closed.

Soon enough the droid alerted her they would be arriving on Kashyyk, she just nodded and stood up. Returning to Dopi, he would need to know.

"We're arriving at Kashyyk."

There was very little emotion in her voice or felt by her in the Force. At the moment, she was still numb from what had happened.

[member="Mr. Bones"]

"I do thank you for your assistance...and I'm sorry for the journey's unexpected...Set back."

He, at this point, has truly accepted the fact of the trial not being real. He needed to accept it so then he could do more on Kashyyyk without having to emotionally break down all the time. He needed to understand that what he went through wasn't real, and probably wouldn't be, no matter how badly he wanted the relationship between himself and [member="Jairdain"] to be real. That decision would be mainly up to Jair, as he needed to be patient on what she chooses.

The only thing Jairdain was able to really accomplish at his words was a small, but bitter smile. Through the Force, her own emotions were hidden and kept buried. She would deal with them on her own. However, unlike when she had been Jedi before, she didn't box them away. They were still there, but now was not the time to display them. Once she was alone, she would.

"You helped me too, Dopi. I lo..."

Not wanting to cry, she turned away and closed herself off. Once those tears were under control, Jairdain faced him again.

"I am as well. Maybe we will have that chance."

[member="Mr. Bones"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom