Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beyond Blue Skies

( OOC: If I have missed something, or diverted the thread a little, my apologies!)

Turning on his heels, Trasker was still on alert for anything suspicious going on around him, and he made a quick sweep over the Spacestation, accompanying the two women. It was still irking him a little that @[member=Tamara] had seemed to be watching the events unfold with greater interest that she should. Perhaps he was over-thinking things...? Probably. Maybe...?

"Tell me," he asked casually, "what attracts you to the Spacestain? Are you here on business, you can't be here just for the shopping, right?"

Time to press on them a little he felt.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

"You underestimate the draw of a good deal to a woman." Kiskla remarked casually, completely playing to the stereotype of a lady and her purchasing habits. This stereotype had already been stamped out like cigarette ash when neither herself nor Tamara seemed too horrified or distressed by the robber and Ben's full-force reaction. They hadn't shrieked, nor had they swooned -- nor..anything really. Which piqued Kiskla's curiosity once more about her enigmatic companion.

"I'm here because I was interested to see how people operated beneath The Fel Empire." The blonde woman shrugged, adjusting a button on her robust jacket and continuing her sentence "As far as recent politics go, Empires aren't known to flourish these days."
That was what she had told Tamara -- to an extent -- and now Ben too shared that knowledge.

@[member="Tamara"] | @[member="Ben Trasker"]

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Ben Trasker"]

Tamara smiled. “As Ms Kiskla says, going shopping is the most powerful attractive force known to womankind,” she said with a self-deprecating laugh. It was pretty obvious that neither Kiskla or herself were stereotypical mall rats, but it hurt her not at all if Ben believed this.

“Yes, Empires rise and fall with amazing rapidity. After a while you feel like opening a betting book on how long they’ll last before collapsing. Terrible for the people caught up in it of course, but interesting regardless. As for why I’m here, well, I’m just waiting for my ship to be fixed.”

Trasker nodded as they spoke, and it sounded like politics was the order of the day for these two.

"So you're observing the running of the Fel Empire? So, are you in politics?"

They sounded almost like their ideas were the same but they were here to see and do more than just shop.

"What you say rings true. I can't say I have experience of operating under the command of such an Empire, but I know those that do are quite unique in what they do."

@[member="Tamara"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

@[member="Ben Trasker"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

"Consider me an interested observer, an amateur in such matters. Politics is not my style, too much wheeling and dealing for my liking. I prefer to watch and observe."

Tamara smiled. "Oh, they are quite unique, yes. I've never seen such righteous sanctimony masquerading as policy. I think, Agent Trasker, you are far better off in the Republic. At least you have a Senate which theoretically answers to the people."

That was the second mention of The Republic within just a few hours. Kiskla bit her tongue this time, unsure of whether or not Tamara was being sarcastic or not. She was after all, still somewhat of a stranger!

"Indeed, just curious." She shrugged jovially "You hear so many things, it's best to put your own eyes on them." The trio wandered into a coffee shop that looked amicable enough, and instantly the bitter aroma of caf beans attacked them. There were many patrons littered about the facility with no pattern to their seating arrangements, but there was an exit behind the counter as well as the front. Kiskla quickly visually assessed the establishment in case of any sort of threat. As she had been trained. The routine was simple, head count, steps to door way, estimate the amount of travel time from one area to another, where were the exits, were there obstacles? Potential hostages? ...Okay. The list goes on. Maybe it wasn't simple.

Not picky, Kiskla chose a seat for the three of them and flipped up a menu after setting her bag down. She was definitely going to have to pee soon, what with the wine and coffee. That's a lot of liquid!

"I'm surprised you haven't heard anything from your mechanics yet, Tamara." Kiskla mused, setting the menu down. It wasn't a trick, she was genuinely curious. Oh, curious?! Surprise, surprise.

@[member="Ben Trasker"] | @Tamara

Trasker was on alert now, things seemed to be happening around him that never usually did. Befriending two women at once and preventing a crime in the space of moments with conversations regarding galactic empires and politics?

These two were more than just shoppers, but he didn't know what. He should tread careful. He wasn't on holiday after all, so there was certainly no reason to feel relaxed around him.

He followed @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] and @[member="Tamara"] into the small caf unit, a pleasant place which a rich, warm smell that greeted him as he sat down.

Making himself comfortable and looking out of the window into the Spaceport, he looked like he was distracted with people watching. But he was thinking - why was he here? He was regretting lowering his defences as he felt something else was a foot. Maybe not sinister, but something not all quite right with his two accomplices.

Accomplices. He made them sound like a trio of criminals.

As the two girls started to talk, he listened intently.

Tamara raised an eyebrow, then seemed to remember. "Oh yes, of course. Thank you for the reminder. They have taken an unconscionable amount of time."
She left the table and spoke into her communicator. After much gesticulation and facing away from the table she returned.
"Another hour yet. The hyperdrive motivator is being replaced. I sure hope it's more motivated this time," she said with a laugh.

"Well, I must use the washroom, I think. I'll have whatever Kiskla's having," she said. She dropped some credits on the table then left. One of the credit chips left on the table was much older than the others, being a virtual antique of a 'New Republic 10 Credit' from many centuries ago.

Trasker listened to Tamara talk. Trasker smiled at Tamara leaving. Trasker watched Tamara walk away.

He looked at Kiskala and inditected over to Tamara with his head, sitting up to indicate to the credits on the table.

"What do you know of her?" He asked, thumbing the credits quickly. He picked up the New Republic credit.

He held it up. "Look at that - this thing must be eons old. How has she got something so old and pretty historical as this?"

He put it down and sat back, rubbing his jaw.

"Forgive my questions, she just sparks a curiosity in me. I don't think she's all she seems."

Leaning forward to look at the menu, he pointed to the choices of drink.

"Shall I order? 3 plain old cafs?"

Before Kiskala could answer, Trasker made the move to stand up and order the drinks.

@[member=Tamara] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

If you give a woman the opportunity to stir the pot, she will take the ladle and make waves.

"I only met her an hour ago, Agent Trasker." Kiskla replied to his musings, as they reflected her own. But Tamara had respected her privacy, and she would do so in turn. But she could still have fun. "Although I have to agree-" a slender digit pointed toward the antique in Ben's grip "-that's not the first strange indication. And it's tangible, not argued as a slip of mind." She waited for him to return before continuing the gossip and idly wondered if Tamara was going to slip out the bathroom window like a bad date.

Kiskla simpered knowingly, although her reply projected innocence. She avoided the doe-eyed look though, because her gaze was too busy being transfixed on the ancient tender. When Ben left, she reached into her own pocket and replaced Tamara's ten with her own, and producing another to match it. Kiskla had her own secrets; owning twin planets might have been one of them, and the main contributor to her comfortable bank account. She would examine Tamara's producing later, as when she touched it the coin sparked her psychometry and a most interesting image flashed before her eyes. Something she would investigate further in her own comforts.

@[member="Ben Trasker"] | @[member="Tamara"]

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Ben Trasker"]

As Kiskla touched the credit chip, there was a sudden flash of a brief scene for the Jedi.
Long ago, judging by the clothes anyway, Tamara was in a blocky building. A Bothan was there, depositing a bag of credits onto the table. "The New Republic thanks you for your assistance, Ms Tamara."
Tamara picked up the fateful credit chip from the bag, examined it, dropped it back in. "Thank you, Councillor. It's always nice doing business with you."
The scene faded.

Tamara returned a moment later, all smiles. "Well, they do have nice bathrooms here. Everything alright? I should get going in a moment."

Trasker was seated seconds before Tamara returned, each with a steaming drink in front of them. Over priced for what you got, but that was the way of most Spacestations in the galaxy.

He stood up to greet her as she returned, ever the gentleman.

"So where are you heading off to next then on your travels? Pardon my asking, I couldn't help notice your New Republic chip - that looks like an antique! Do you travel much?"

He decided to probe her a little on the suspicious credit chip on the table, as he couldn't help feel she was now in a rush to go s it was only minutes ago she had an hour to spare for her ship repair. This girl wasn't all she seemed.

The fact is wasn't any of Trasker's business irked him, he had a scent and didn't want to let it go. BUT there was no need to pursue it.

He looked over and smiled softly at Kiskala.

Tamara looked at him blankly. "New Republic chip? Did I give you one by mistake? My apologies. I'm a collector of antiques. You'd be amazed how much old junk goes for. I'm often travelling around to pick up things at a good bargain. I have an appreciation of the past, you might say ." She smiled disarmingly.

"I think I'm heading back towards the core. I've heard that Kashyyyk is nice at this time of year. Hmm, or perhaps Onderon. We'll see how I go, I guess. And you, Agent? Returning to fight the good right soon, hmm?"

Poor Ben, unable to use The Force or be the one in a hundred born from his species with a gift. Although, those numbers seemed to be up these days.

Still, Tamara responded with due diligence and have Ben an answer to his question; one that worked well enough. Although a careless collector was indeed rare--- she half anticipated Tamara to approach the counter and trade her old coin for a new one. Thank goodness the lady wasn't so diligent.

Onderon? Kiskla had just said she was going to Dxun-- they could very well continue their travels. But no, they both had their separate ships.

The conversation was interrupted by the clink of ceramic against the table as one of the pretty waitresses set down their orders. Kiskla thanked the girl before she turned away with a flip of her skirt.

Merely an observer to the conversation at this time, she wrapped her fingers about the warm cup and took a sip. It was bitter. Very, very bitter.

She choked a little. Apparently she didn't get along with any sort of darkness.

@[member="Ben Trasker"] | @[member="Tamara"]

Frowning at Kiskla's little choke, he was hoping it was the heat rather than the lack of sweetness and milk in the caf. He grimaced a little. Oops.

Tapping his fingers on the table, he pondered what had been said.

"Kashyyyk? A very nice planet. Probably a little bit sparse for you I'd have thought?"

Just a little hint at what she was doing, nothing more.

"I'm heading back to Coruscant, yes. Keeping an eye on the planet and probably into more criminal webs, small and large, spanning the places you think most safe."

He took a sip of his hot drink, looking straight at Tamara as he did.

"That's the best thing about being back planet side, you can tell a criminal operative from the way they look; how they act. Little things, y'know."

"I like the Wookiees. They're my sort of people. I can understand at least some of their language. It's nice to get back to nature sometime." She sipped her caf and nodded. "Oh yes, you can always tell a criminal. It's in the eyes, I've been told," she said with a a straight face.

She rose. "Well, Kiskla, Ben, it's been great meeting you both. Ms Kiskla, I appreciate your understanding today. When you need to get in touch with me again, here are my details. I can certainly arrange a meeting with you again whenever you wish."
She handed over a datachip with her contact details. She was absolutely confident that the other woman would want to, almost as if she knew something would urge Kiskla on later....

Trasker simply nodded. There was nothing more he could do, which was fine. He just needed to remember the face and name and possibly check her out back on Coruscant.

He watched her say a brief farewell, but he picked up there was something else between the two that he wasn't a part of, but again, that was fine also; he was only a ship passing in the night at this point.

"Best of luck on your travels Tamara, I hope you find more...antiques out there." A small smile was offered.

He took a nice slow swig of his warm drink, letting his eyes scan around the caf unit once more.

@[member="Tamara"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Kiskla took the unit and looked it over once before pocketing it.
"Thank you Tamara, safe travels." Was all she offered, along with a genuine smile. When @[member="Tamara"] left, it was simply herself and Trasker left. To which she responded by attempting to take another sip of her caf, and choked it down.

"So Agent Trasker, how long have you been a CSF Operative? And how are operations going?" She was curious of course, only to know that The Jedi could release their hold on bringing justice.

@[member="Ben Trasker"]

Trasker met Kiskla's eyes over the drink. It was clear she didn't enjoy it, but at least she was polite. @[member=Tamara] was still in his sights...she was making her way out. But to where...?

"All my life. So it seems anyway. It's all I've known, and probably will for years to come."

He placed his drink down and smacked his lips.

"This is good caf, huh?"

Smiling, he continued.

"Operations are going well - nothing out of the ordinary. The CSF have been able to keep a tight hold over most of the planet, in each division at least. Galactic City is my domain, and bar a few uprisings you may get, it's not usually too bad. Keeps me in work, put it that way."

She was a pleasant creature, Kiskala. He was curious about her. He didn't have long to either stay and wait for the next cruiser back to Coruscant or cut it short and leave sooner.

"You never said, what is it you do?"

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

"We work in a similar field." The blonde replied, and set down her caf. They did, both of their headquarters were stationed on Coruscant and they both worked to guard justice. She was just a little more metaphysically gifted than he, but they shared goals.

Her light eyes recognized where Ben's gaze tracked, and she leaned back slightly, deciding that it would be polite to defend the woman from the man's curiosity. Tamara had already obliged to Kiskla's demand for privacy, and she'd do her part to uphold her part of the transation.

But then again, the blonde liked to stir a pot.

"I'm gathering you'll see her sooner than you may think." Kiskla commented idly, obviously referring to the dark-haired woman that had just left their company. "I'm almost certain she didn't come in the same ship she intends to leave in."

@[member="Ben Trasker"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom