Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beyond Blue Skies

This one was being elusive. Don't let your guard down, Trasker.

"I see. What, are you some special ops? You're not checking up on me are you?" Smiling, he finished his drink. A nice caf fix was always welcome.

He had lost Tamara now due to his conversation with Kiskla, but only fate would bring them back together again if that was what was to be intended.

However, her words were teasing to the fact she knew more than she was letting on.

"I don't mean to be sound like a jobsworth, but if you know something you're not telling me, it'd be in your best interest to let me know."

That sounded more harsh than he intended.

"I don't want to have to hold you for preventing the course of justice now."

That sounded more suggestive than he intended. Damn.

"Can I get you anything else...if you're sticking around?"

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

At his statements, Kiskla wondered just how much of his life he'd dedicated to fighting crime, and how much he'd spent actually learning about people and how they interact. She'd met a soldier like him before, and it had been awkward. But that soldier had been produced from a tube -- Ben... she doubted had a similar birth.

"Merely speculations, Agent Trasker." Kiskla projected a visage of faux-offence. "Although, I'm sure that's not the first time gossip has impeded justice." She glanced idly at a chrono on the wall and back at the remaining of the trio before running her fingers through her light hair.

"I would offer you transport back to Coruscant, but I'm afraid my business takes me nearer to Onderon's system. Perhaps though, I'll see you again around there." Today was going well for not announcing she was a Jedi, and she'd leave the information-seeker deprived of her title until they ended up serving justice on a cold plate together again.

"I'm fine, thank you. And you should be making your way to your shuttle." Kiskla rose, signalling that she was not planning on accepting his offer. "I'll walk with you, if you'd like some additional protection." The last part was a jab.

@[member="Ben Trasker"]

"I don't believe in gossip. I'll leave that, and shopping, to you." He couldn't help but smile. This one was a real pro. An attractive quality for a defender of justice.

Standing with Kiskla, he left a couple of credits on the table and signalled to a tall humanoid waiter behind the counter they were finished.

"Onderon? Very nice. You must be a freedom fighter, or something just as exciting."

He made his way out of the caf unit, holding the door for Kiskla to follow.

"I will be fine to make my way back, but I will accept your protection as you did so well with that thief earlier." A little eye-roll signalled his little jab.

"Thank you." Kiskla commented to his Back into the open deck they walked, the blue skies their shield to inbound and outbound ships. She took in a breath, somewhat expecting a sweet scent but was greeted by various oils and gasses -- the blue sky had temporarily thrown her expectations off. Once more, she coughed slightly, just a single wheeze before tilting her lips slightly below the raised collar of her navy jacket.

"Or something." She replied simply to his observations, beneath the thick fabric before reaching up and running her fingers around the rim, patting it down slightly. A freedom fighter? Interesting that he would associate that with Onderon. Onderon was a Republic planet and had been established in their government for quite some time. For all he knew, she was after some ultrachrome for researchers of the Republic's blacksmiths. She'd make a cute little errand girl, would she not?
No. Too mouthy.
He was jesting back, not something she had anticipated from the justice-driven operative based on his prior sentences. "Freedom fighters have to be selective with their targets." The blonde replied, glancing to the side slightly as they wove their way toward the stairs. "I mean, technically, he was doing his own act of freedom. Far better to leave those sorts of crimes in the capable hands of the law."

@[member="Ben Trasker"]

He breathed in the air of life around him, suiting him fine due to the constant hustle and bustle of Coruscant. Glancing at Kiskla as she talked, he made sure not to cut up any commuters and tourists on the way towards the shuttles.

"Hey hey, I was just kidding! Of course you're far to righteous to be a freedom fighter. No, I have no idea what line of business you're in, as long as it's legal, that's fine by me."

He side-stepped a passing protocol droid. So annoying they never moved out of the way for anyone.

"And I doubt he was making any sort of freedom act; freedom of paying, probably. That's about it."

Turning down a small flight of steps, another droid blocked his path, as Kiskla seemed to effortlessly navigate around them.

"And I thought you were the law, or some part of it? So what are you, a Jedi working above the law or something?"

He laughed to himself. May as well have one last dig before leaving her, which was a shame, but their paths were calling.

"Jedi," she sighed as if considering the definition of the word unattainable in her own vocabulary. Her light eyes darted upwards, uninhibited until she met the beams that held the station up. "Always the last resort, poor proverbial souls. Do you really think they work above the law?"

They operated by their own code and mandate, but they were currently in a very close marriage to The Republic that they wouldn't work against the laws that were a part of the government they sought to protect. In fact, such governance kept them in regulation. Otherwise, what was to stop them from mastering their counterparts and taking over the galaxy?

@[member="Ben Trasker"]

"That's not for me to say, but I've crossed paths with some Jedi in my time and although they work on the side of good for now, what's stopping them from tipping the balance in their favour to make the galaxy a "utopia" where only their type survive?"

He looked over at her.

"I don't know. I don't understand them. Funny how back in the golden age the CSF were tasked with hunting down their sort and...well, putting them out of action. Dark days for the galaxy."

The shuttles were booming over-head, it seemed to be nearing the end of their meeting.

"Kiskla, thanks for your company, it's been interesting. Listen...I hope we cross paths again one day, for old times sake. Swap stories how the galaxy is shaping up in our side of the battlefield!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom