Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being Bullied? Do Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

http://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/index.html
http://www.stopbullying.gov/laws/california.html

The secondary is specifically my state, Cali, but it gives a good description of what counts

There are hundreds of sites like this on the web. Explaining what is defined as Cyber Bullying, and how to stop it. First off, Im going to be blunt. If you have multiple members that are vanishing repeatedly because of being bullied, the site is broken.

But the moment THE STAFF are included, thats wrong. So im saying this now. If you feel a man is impeding you, harrasing you, all in all being rude overtly, you CAN do things beyond the site.

There are places where reports can be made specifically against a persons IP address and the like. Report them to people that actually hold power over them. Think a troll will feel it worth it if they cant access the web period?

Ps. Dont know if thats exactly how it works, but the point is there are places to go to get help. And remember it like this, a manager at a store whom happens to be a part of bullying gets the worst of the results. What are Moderators of a site if not the managers?

Matreya

This all coming from someone whom has felt the urge to permanetly leave the site multiple times. From more then one Staffer and the like

Xero

X
I have never had a problem with cyber bullying, bullying in real life sure, but not online, but this will sure as hell be useful in the future if I am cyber bullied, thank you for this [member="Kasamann"]

Matreya

10386958_10204193751032814_6660532190253437925_o.jpg

I had a really long post written up, then decided I'd keep it short.

1. If you feel Staff is bullying you, report it to the Head Admin. Seriously. We've removed staff members before for going over the bounds. We do not publicize it for professionalism's sake.

2. Outside of Skype, I've only seen... one actual instance of definitive cyberbullying on this board. It was handled pretty promptly by Staff and things moved on.

Everyone's tolerances are different. Staff are here to help. But if we are not aware of a problem we cannot work to fix it.

And frankly, 95% of the time? We don't hear about the problem.

We just get the aftermath.

I wish to reassure everyone when I say this: NO MEMBER OF STAFF OR FACTORY JUDGE IS LOOKING TO BULLY ANYONE.

We're all just trying to keep the peace around here, be it a dispute concerning IC shenanigans, a Factory submission, or the site in general. Any member experiencing discomfort on an emotional level should make sure to voice their concerns. We do not wish to cause chaos, even though the site is so ironically named "Chaos". I believe I speak for the entire Staff team as well as our Factory Judges when I say our door is always open, and we certainly don't mind receiving critique or feedback, be it publically for all to see or in private.

:)

Also, [member="Sarge Potteiger"] and [member="Valeria Aetani"] both totally sniped me. :p

Well, mocking about my constant character creation isn't good, but I don't report it as I fully understand it's a joke... just gonna say though, it'd be better if I had a bit more help than mocking sometimes. Just saying cause of the fact that I can't seem to think of a good character that needs an avatar and a biography period, I can get one, but the other always leans to the abnormal for me

Yes we are here to help, please let us know. We can't do anything if we don't know what is happening. The worst thing you can do is keep it to yourself. My awesome fellow staff members already covered this but I rather make sure it be known that staff takes bullying seriously.

Matreya

Valeria Aetani said:
Do not expect everyone to agree with your definition however.
This is the point of posting this in the first place. The average player is likely to realize this, and that Admin are obviously going to lean towards the side of one whom works for them. Its the same in a real life situation. You cant go into a store, get hurt with minimal real proof, expecting the person responsible will be fired. And by such they get away with it.

Your going to protect your own. For example, how would the situation with Janus bullying Sparda be if I hadnt reported it? Or is there going to be anything to begin with?

I can right now source other positions where he was unnecessarily rude, to me at those times.

Also, masses and admin alike, despite being....overtly passive aggressive. This was simply to get my point out. What happened to Sparda, myself, and others, isnt acceptable. However, as said, this whole thread being posted is a good thing. Now you all know the Judges and Admin arent psychic. Someone being rude? Report them. Hell report them to both Admin and the Cyber Police!

Ok. Now, no more from me on this end. Just trying to be aggressively helpful lmfao.

#AdminsRHuman
#Dwn2Bullying

I really wouldn't admit that on the internet.

Ever.

TMI.

I shouldn't have t to tell you that if there's a problem you should probably report it. Communication with the other writer should always be attempted, but if it isn't going to work, Staffs here. We can't be everywhere at once, so seriously.

Seriously.

Report things you have a problem with if talking to the other writer doesn't work.

We're not going to know half the time otherwise.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Bullying is wrong. But bitching or arguing about being told 'No' is also wrong. Luckily, Staff can tell the difference from when someone is being bullied and when they are just are just hosting a pity party for attention.

The later occurs more, than the former. Sadly. :(

Matreya

Jay Scott Clark said:
TMI? >.>''
Ever see a black guy turn purple? I hadnt till then. Had to help out. The cops actually said if they had seen they likely would have shot the man. I was only even arrested on a technicality: overt violence in school.

Might be considered TMI but for me, being told I did the right thing was enough to feel proud for helping save a guy.

Then my friend denied anything happened. Said it had been a game. All cause he feared the guy. And ok. Fine. Wasnt actually the neck it was the shoulder. But it was close.

Anyway, i deleted it. So...delete the quote from your post for a homie?

Matreya

I figure this. If im going to get in trouble for saying this, might as well make sure others can end up aware of this:

Janus - don't be discouraging to other members, especially since it's clear others are looking up to you. I don't care what you choose to say in private. That's in private. But in public do your best to not blatantly shoot down new ideas without so much as a helpful word.

Zaiden - Seriously. Don't file a report about bullying... and then essentially bully the staff member in the report about bullying. Seriously.
If you wind up bullied, pass over the RPJ and Admin alike as they strictly dont care. A staff member can say what they like, as long as they cant be held responsible for said commentary. This in itself, is almost breaking the Cyber Laws aforementioned. I would look it up to find exactly which yours are, but i dont know where the main sites rules would be from (ie state etc).

TL;DR
Sarge himself, per my reporting of the post Janus rudely talked to another, admitted Staff can do as they like so long as in private. This is against the Laws of most places

Matreya

Also, from Dictionary.com:

1. a group of persons, as employees, charged with carrying out the work of an establishment or executing some undertaking.

Staff. FJ are staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom