Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Be able to restrict comments on Character Biographies

Pretty much title. Some people have taken to trying to directly recruit writers from their character bio, and there are probably people who would like their biography to look clean and pretty without some random person going "come join my faction!" right under it.

Instead of out outright banning it and punishing those responsible, which just ends up being more work for the staff team, why not make it a toggle to whether anyone else can post on your character biography? This allows people to manage it themselves, and some might even want people to come and comment on their bios (boosts the views, yo).

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
That's a decent amount of content to erase because a couple folks aren't tactful about recruitment. Maybe just ban faction recruitment in the character creation forum.

Also, the chin parallels may have skewed my thinking:

aT99PeI.png

While I like the idea, I think it should be dependent on the person who owns the profile to say if they want those type of OOC comments or not.

I think if you just say, plz don't comment on my profile, people will be fine with it. At least, that's been my experience anyway.

Bunker-level Normal
I'm a big proponent of this. I love that some people welcome comments and enjoy the discussions in their character bios, but I also think it's worth respecting those who don't want this to occur in their bios. And tbh, some of the comments can get downright weird.

For my part, I prefer my character bios to be only resources for reference, and my PMs/DMs are always open for those who want to chat about the character and possibilities.

As far as the technical side, I did a little digging. While Xenforo (Chaos's board software) doesn't have the native ability to give users permission to lock only their own threads in a board, there are a few addons that let this happen. Sadly, very little in life is free and this is not one of those special cases of free, but here's two options for Tefka to consider: Option One, Option Two.

I’d be cool with somehow hiding the replies or just not allowing them. It is sort of annoying to have to explain why you don’t want to join a faction two seconds after you just made the character

It feels like more a request to be able to beautify and control the beautification of profiles. Not opposed to that idea.

All I have experienced have been people I know posting smack talk or googly eyes over the face chosen for the character. Might be that I simply do not attract faction attention, or I don't make characters that attract the attention of the factions that profile recruit...ooooh. dawning realisation

I like getting comments on my profile. The dopamine hit is rad. Some way to hide the comments would be my preference.

If I have to start looking for chemical stimulants elsewhere it could get hairy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom