Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech BD-12 "Little Chirp" Ion Disruptor Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 1109
jHiLsO.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Disruption Projector Charge
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Explosive Type: Ion Disruption Wave
  • Delivery Method: Thrown / Placed / Fired
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Area Of Effect: High
  • Damage Output: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Variable Trigger: The Little Chirp can be detonated on a timer, on impact, via proximity or by remote.
  • Maintenance Wave: The weapon surrounds a field projection unit which maintains the weapons charge for a duration.
  • Delivery Method: Personal Variants of this weapon can be thrown as a grenade and used as a larger placed breach charge. While munitions variants can be used as mines, fired from launchers, missiles or torpedo tubes.
  • Balanced / Unbalanced: The Little Chirp with a quick refitting can be a tidy sphere, or a disco ball of Disruption death.
  • Magnetic Tracking: When used as a Mine in a zero grav atmosphere the mines are able to pull themselves towards metal targets within range.
STRENGTHS
  • Persistent Hazard: While other grenades and bombs simply explode, the Little Chirp detonates with a one way energy field maintaining the energy to prevent it from dispersing, reducing its overall potential AoE but allowing it to act as a hazard on a battlefield. Objects that make contact with the sphere are disintegrated on contact as with any disruptor weapon so long as it persists for the 15-20 seconds it takes for its energy to deplete or be used up.
  • Shield Destruction: Many shields find weaknesses against disruptor and Ion weapons, The little Chirp combines the two, however this weapon emits a continual field of disruptor energy lingering for some moments against the shield dealing incredible sums of damage over time if not outright destroying it.
  • Mag Pull: The Little chirps EM field projector is useful for more than just containing this weapons' explosions. It can also double as a method for its payload to find its target in zero gravity environments pulling itself towards metal structures while active making the little chirp an apt defensive mine.
  • Imperfect Seal: The BD-12's energy field is a low powered EM field, the massive amount of energy maintained by the EM field cannot contain it all without a pricey upgrade, causing arcs of disruptor energy to lash out in a radius around the orb as it slowly depletes much like a Tesla coil. Though this effect is optional, some buyers considered it desirable. That said, the more balanced option allows the energy sphere to last up to one minute.
  • Variations: This weapon has a host of options, supporting use as a Heavy Grenade, Land or Space Mine, Bomb or Ordinance weapon from almost any class of vehicle so long as it can fire a solid projectile. Additionally with the options to have them set to detonate on proximity, on a timer as a standard grenade, on contact, on proximity, or by remote as well as set to any conjunction of the two. Ie, set to be activated by proximity after a timer. Giving the charges limitless uses.
WEAKNESSES
  • Stationary: Once this weapon is deployed, the sphere cannot be moved by any means, the mechanisms which project the EM field lock the grenade in its spacial location. Meaning the sphere of death cannot be further manipulated.
  • Simply Erased: Should the EM Field generation unit at the heart of the blast be shot with a thermal round, its able to pass through the sphere and destroy it, disrupting the field and forcing the orb to end.
  • Weighty: The Little Chirp when configured for artillery or munitions is large enough and weighty enough to require it to be launched by larger units. Any Projectile launcher that is not of weight class Heavy or Heavier is incapable of launching the Little Chirp.
DESCRIPTION
Wanting to create something to be set around a battlefield as a defensive measure at the commission of Venari Krayt Venari Krayt and her MOTHER, he decided to create something that was akin to an ethical disruption weapon. One that used a high enough energy load-out that the eradication of a biological creature that was caught within the blast would be instantaneous rather than the cruel unavoidable disintegration through chain reaction caused by standard disruption weapons.

Thusly the weapon uses purified Ion Charge Tibana Gas to create a much more dense cloud of highly charged energy which disintegrates most matter on contact, however with a standard EM projector the power could not be contained, causing a fallout effect much like a Tesla Coil as lashes of energy tore at everything around it in a chaotic effect which sent mixed messages. As a standard house Aquila sells the product with the upgraded EM field in order to keep the sphere of power safer and more ethical, though others are able with simple alterations to revert it to its prior form.

All said and done, this weapon was an answer to the outlawing of the Disruptor weapon in the modern galaxy, a powerful anti-tank charge, breaching grenade, mine and even grenade that can be used in any terrain in almost any scenario.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Felix Aquila Felix Aquila

This is a very interesing and very powerful techology.
  • You forgot to add the Superman picture's link, pease fix it.
  • I found a little contradiction here, these are contradict each other, so please fix it:
    • Delivery Method: This weapon can be hand thrown as a grenade, used as a larger breach charge or mine or fired from a launcher, missile or torpedo tube. (spec feature)
    • Weighty: The Little Chirp is large enough and weighty enough to require it to be launched by larger units. Any Projectile launcher that is not Heavy or Heavier is incapable of launching the Little Chirp. (weakness)
  • And one last thing, weaknesses are not nearly in line with strengths, so please add one more large weakness to your list, or two smaller.
That's all, please let me know if you edited these.

Felix Aquila Felix Aquila

This is a very interesing and very powerful techology.
I aim to please <3 MANIAC MANIAC

You forgot to add the Superman picture's link, pease fix it.
  • I found a little contradiction here, these are contradict each other, so please fix it:
    • Delivery Method: This weapon can be hand thrown as a grenade, used as a larger breach charge or mine or fired from a launcher, missile or torpedo tube. (spec feature)
    • Weighty: The Little Chirp is large enough and weighty enough to require it to be launched by larger units. Any Projectile launcher that is not Heavy or Heavier is incapable of launching the Little Chirp. (weakness)
  • And one last thing, weaknesses are not nearly in line with strengths, so please add one more large weakness to your list, or two smaller.
That's all, please let me know if you edited these.

Issues should be fixed.

The intent was to say that 'if this weapon is fired from a launcher (because then you'd be using the launchers range) that launcher must be a heavy launcher.' It's an attempt to say the fact that it's heavy always matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom