Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cle_rKBpZ28

So how are we all feeling about the Son of Krypton v Bat of Gotham finally on the big screen?

Will Bat-fleck deliver following Bale's legacy?

Will Henry Cavill deliver more than just an angsty Superman?

Will Gal Gadot be in the film for more than 5 minutes as Wonder Woman?

Thoughts?

[member="Darth Prazutis"] And what's betting we've seen ALL her best Wonder Woman bits in that trailer. I bet she's on screen for like 5 mins at the end. I still think it's too busy...some films work with that, some don't and I feel generally this has too much trying to cram into it at once.

A new Batman. Superman. A new Alfred. Lois Lane. Perry White. A new Lex Luthor. Wonder Woman. Aquaman. The Flash. Cyborg. Doomsday (if that IS him). Zod's return in some form?

Hm. Dunno. At least 'The Avengers' established the characters before throwing them together to please everyone.

I have a little hope that Afleck can do a decent Batman, I might be the only person going in and not planning to judge him by Bale's performance, but I don't have a lot of faith in his acting.

Cavill will likely give the same portrayal of Superman that he has been, but maybe with more confidence, judging by the bowing Spec Ops people in one of the trailer.

Gadot will steal the movie if she is given more than a passing part. I understand that they are using this as a backdoor pilot for her, but they really don't need to. The field is ready to go for a female superhero movie, and if DC can do it before Marvel does, they'll be back in the game.

I think it's impossible to judge Affleck after Bale. It's too different. It's another DC universe we are playing in now; new Batman (older) and new Joker and villains upcoming in 'Suicide Squad'. Bale was a winner by getting the world to fall in love with Batman once again - the Arkham games continued it across the gaming world, and now it's Ben's turn to carry it on into the wider DC universe.

Not my Superman, so really don't care much. My Superman would never kill. Too much darkness, too much rain. Already a promise of an R-rated cut for the DVD. Meh. If this is the way the DC Cinematic Universe is going to play out they can keep it. I'll watch for free when it comes to cable.

The nice thing is, I can read back issues, listen to radio shows from the 40's, & watch the TV series where he was a hero, not an angry alien plot point, so it's all good. :)

[member="Harley"] : Heart? Substance over style?

[member="Jack Sparrow"] Agree. This Superman is so hard for me to swallow in this "dark" era of film. Christopher Reeve will always be Superman. His portrayal coupled with John William's iconic theme is a global recognition where words aren't needed.

Can't really compare Affleck to Bale as this Batman is more in line with Miller's before he went crazy and got to have all creative control. This superman is darker yes but presents in the first movie an inexperienced superman. it wasn't like in the first movies where he learns his heritage as a teen and we skip ahead after he has had some real time to master it. I liked that idea that he didn't have all the answers and in the end chose humanity over his people. KIilling Zod was a place few would ever go and Superman has killed before so it isn't unheard of.

Batman on the other hand just looks like he is going to be angry as well and they gave a lot of stuff away in the trailers.... I mean really major plot points that have some twists. Wonder Woman looks right but haven't really heard her speak and they didn't reveal if like Batman she has already been around. They had images for aquaman who looked badass but again it might be getting so crowded with all these new people and just kind of continuing Superman's story. I get wanting to catch up with Marvel but at least when they get everyone in a movie they have had additional movies to provide backstory over trying to cram it all in. Civil War is overstuffed with people and it feels a lot more interesting then this.

I know I am going to see it and will liekly enjoy it but that is because not going to compare it to the rest of the material. Comics where Batman and Superman have fought rarely are well done.

As expected, after fan-boys have calmed down saying it's "the best comic book film ever" blah blah blah, the non-bias reviews are coming in and it's a very mixed bag, leaning more to negative.

Too dark to be fun, too gritty to be thrilling. Boring, sloppy narrative and trying to do what Marvel did over 7 years in the space of 2 hours for setting up an entire cinematic universe.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-review-round-up-1201736676/

batman-superman-meme.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom