Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'

bd3d9b344421dbbcc8ce04e8ddfd2fdf.jpg

These MAY prove to be more fun than the movie...!

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
midnight showing for my birthday with friends...

I feel conflicted, on the one hand there were some moments that were amazing. Moments here and there but the rest was just so... so disapponting.

and for a movie so long somehow it feels rushed cramming other movies and blowing so early some of the big moments and arcs.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Did not enjoy this movie.

When Superman isn't angry, he's depressed. When Batman isn't killing people, he's depressed. When WW isn't being fashionable, she's apathetic. This. This is no place to build a foundation. This is a movie about broken people, breaking things.

Dawn of Justice? Nah. Dawn of Brooding is more like it. This movie has no soul. Which... Is really kinda sad. Meh. :(

Jay Scott Clark said:
Did not enjoy this movie.

When Superman isn't angry, he's depressed. When Batman isn't killing people, he's depressed. When WW isn't being fashionable, she's apathetic. This. This is no place to build a foundation. This is a movie about broken people, breaking things.

Dawn of Justice? Nah. Dawn of Brooding is more like it. This movie has no soul. Which... Is really kinda sad. Meh. :(
A coworker saw it last night and his opinion pretty much matches yours. Basically he called it a waste of money if you pay more than $1 to see it.

Vengeance said:
A coworker saw it last night and his opinion pretty much matches yours. Basically he called it a waste of money if you pay more than $1 to see it.
I went for free but I'd say you need to see it at least once, at least once whether you pay for it or other means is up to you but there is a lot in there. There is some interesting ideas very poorly executed but there is the ideas of something that could have been amazing.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Vengeance"] - BvS is like bad sex. ...I mean, Is it still sex? Sure. It's still sex. It's just... bad. You frown and shrug, and just hope it doesn't leave an itchy rash the next day. When your friends ask? Hey! Did you have sex? You can say, yeah. I did. And they smile and pat you on the back. Meanwhile, your staring at the ground. Shamefully. Lost in bitter memories.

Like that one time you went and saw BvS Dawn of Justice. You just kinda wished you'd told them no instead. :(

Jay Scott Clark said:
[member="Vengeance"] - BvS is like bad sex. ...I mean, Is it still sex? Sure. It's still sex. It's just... bad. You frown and shrug, and just hope it doesn't leave an itchy rash the next day. When your friends ask? Hey! Did you have sex? You can say, yeah. I did. And they smile and pat you on the back. Meanwhile, your staring at the ground. Shamefully. Lost in bitter memories.

Like that one time you went and saw BvS Dawn of Justice. You just kinda wished you'd told them no instead. :(
................. I don't even know how to respond to that. :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Vengeance"] - That feeling your having right now. That uncomfortable feeling of shifting in your seat and wondering what to say in reply? ...Yeah. That was me. As the credits rolled down the screen at the end of the movie. :(

Ugh.

Vengeance said:
Call me curious but why was Bale the all-time worst Batman?
Christian Bale's forced voice (Batman/Bruce is known to have a gruff voice, not a gravelly voice), for one. The other reasons more have to do with the actual movies themselves than him as an actor. It was just the batman he portrayed was entirely different than the actual batman, except for in a few key moments.

Maybe he suffered because the producers and directors were aiming for a non comic-book, realistic, movie. The director had explained that he wanted to be at least somewhat believable, which is really where it suffers.

Basically, his batman suffers from the "stock" problem. It's where a character in a movie is named and based on something with a pre-existing following in order to garner attention, sell tickets, etc, but the actual character and/or movie are so removed from the original that you could swap it out with a different character/title and it would have been the same experience.

Christian Bale's version of batman could have been, quite literally, anyone else and the movies would have been received the same.

Jay Scott Clark said:

sounds like jay has experiene grenade jumping for friends

Jay Scott Clark said:
[member="Vengeance"] - That feeling your having right now. That uncomfortable feeling of shifting in your seat and wondering what to say in reply? ...Yeah. That was me. As the credits rolled down the screen at the end of the movie. :(

Ugh.
Fair enough.

Braith Achlys said:
Christian Bale's forced voice (Batman/Bruce is known to have a gruff voice, not a gravelly voice), for one. The other reasons more have to do with the actual movies themselves than him as an actor. It was just the batman he portrayed was entirely different than the actual batman, except for in a few key moments.

Maybe he suffered because the producers and directors were aiming for a non comic-book, realistic, movie. The director had explained that he wanted to be at least somewhat believable, which is really where it suffers.

Basically, his batman suffers from the "stock" problem. It's where a character in a movie is named and based on something with a pre-existing following in order to garner attention, sell tickets, etc, but the actual character and/or movie are so removed from the original that you could swap it out with a different character/title and it would have been the same experience.

Christian Bale's version of batman could have been, quite literally, anyone else and the movies would have been received the same.
Good points. Personally Bale is my favorite Batman but then again I was never a Comic Book reader. While not everyone's favorite Batman you are the first person I know to say he is the worst. Was just curious thanks for the point of view.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom