Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad booze and worse decisions

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"We need to focus that rage a bit, as anyone ever talked to you about your gifts? If not I think I can help." The man said as Derin took a seat at the table and set his weapon behind him. Derin looked around to notice a Jawa, a man that seemed to take pride in gunslinging, and a few other people that seemed to be apart of this man's group. Pondering on the question for a moment, Derin responded with

"What gifts?"

(Sorry about the short post, couldn't think of anything.)

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
"In the heat of it all, I also forgot about etiquette and introducing oneself: Janick Beauchamp in full, but you can call me Jane. As for contacting me in the future, yes, I suppose that could be done" she told [member="Sadal Vas"]. "With that said, the alchemized lum has run out, so goodbye and see you next time"

Now the lum keg was going to be empty. She watched the whole tab for the keg of draught lum and, apparently, the cost of the empty keg that she had to lug along to her craft, storing it in the bomb bay because there is no room for this otherwise. It comes out to a whopping 200 credits for the whole deal: 56 servings of lum, because she decided to go alchemize the whole deal and make people allergic to alcohol all over the place. Already now people that drank the free alchemized lum were paying and leaving the bar in complete drunkenness, despite having drunk only one, maybe two servings of alcoholic beverages other than the alchemized lum. Vomit was now everywhere where there used to be alcoholics, yet they will realize in time that Janick's face is turning red after rendering about two dozen people prematurely intoxicated a little embarrassed, alongside herself. The whole situation was forcing her to keep her head down while carrying the keg of lum back to her craft, and also to tread lightly to avoid the spots where the barf was. Hopefully some of the patrons will realize they have alcoholic problems thanks to alchemized lum, she thought, while placing the sixth-barrel keg inside the bomb bay of her craft.

Derin Kall said:
"What gifts?"
"Come on kid, tell me you never notice how you punch harder when you get angry? That you can sometimes know what others are thinking and see something before it happens. It speaks to you. I can feel it flows through you. You have been touched by the force. So I ask again, you want to understand it better, learn to control it, and yourself?"

Bryce waited for his statement to sink in. As it did he listed to the Jawa that continued to quiz him on the force.

B'kik said:
"Ikee do nyeta own a lightsaber nor do i know where to bye po or kenza po"

"You don't buy a light saber, you craft one my good Jawa. I can help you with that when the times comes and you are ready. So you interested in learning. Force skills are not the easiest to learn, it will take time a discipline on you part. You ready to do what is needed?"

Formerly, huh. Joza sipped at her drink, mindful not to mention anything lest she push Jim into uncomfortable territory. In the Outer Rim, it wasn’t uncommon for people to escape their rough pasts.

“I am,” She replied, placing her glass back down onto the counter. “Though I’m only half if you can believe it.” One half pink, the other half deadbeat Corellian spacer.

She never was very good with ships. More aggressive and quicker to anger than your average blush, too.

“You an odd-jobber?” There was no negative connotations with her tone. Not from the former exotic dancer—no matter how dirty the job, do it well.

[member="Jim Pehico"]

Jim finished the last of his vine-coffee before he answered.

"Yea, you could say that." Jim said, "I'll typically take a Job as long as I think there'll be a way to talk out of a situation. Never enjoyed killing anyone. Of course, I've killed more men than I care to admit, but I've never killed out of cold blood." Jim asked the bartender for another vine-coffee and continued, Jim suddenly felt himself pouring out to this lady he barely knew.

"It's just that I've never done anything irredeemable, sure I've stolen, but that was from bidders at a slave auction. I've killed, But that was self defense. I guess I'm just afraid if I ever do anything worse, How can I ever go back to my former life?" Jim took out a flask and poured some lum into the vine-coffee into the cup.

He then looked back over at Joza, realizing he sort of lost his cool, "Sorry doll, didn't mean to bore you with my sob story, How about you? What do you do?"

[member="Joza Perl"]

B'kik

The cutest capitalist thief you will ever see
" Ikee am ready" B'kik yelled
In truth he wasn't sure what he was saying he was ready for
It was to late to back down now and B'kik has come so far

"Come on kid, tell me you never notice how you punch harder when you get angry? That you can sometimes know what others are thinking and see something before it happens. It speaks to you. I can feel it flows through you. You have been touched by the force. So I ask again, you want to understand it better, learn to control it, and yourself?"
He said, and the statement actually clicked with Derin this time. Something was always weird with him, he did see things before they happened.. Was he a Force Sensitive the whole time? Maybe he could find out if he kept talking to this guy, or maybe he was just some guy trying to hire him into doing some sort of odd job.

"You know... you are right. I do want to understand it and control myself, as well as the force... How can I do this? Isn't it too late for a regular guy like me to join the Jedi Order? Dont they have some sort of thing where they recruit little kids first?" He said, not truly convinced he could learn about the force. But talking to this man he felt like he could find out. He had nothing else to do, so why not?
[member="Bryce Bantam"]

[member="Derin Kall"] - "I have a few connections, know a bunch of good folks that can help you turn the anger to a righteous cause. They will show you how to hone that rage. Use it to protect the weak and take down those who would enslave them. I can feel it in you, you want something more. You know their is a calling you should follow. I think the Judges will give you that."

The kid has the gift, and he could feel he was one who had been wronged. That would serve him well if he decided to sign up with the Judges, become a warden of the sky.

Joza listened to him, nodding in the right places while she took sips from her drink. While she was a little surprised that he was telling her all of this, she wasn’t exactly put off by it. Zeltrons were emotive and expressive by nature, so it wasn’t anything new.

“Sometimes none of our options are ideal.” Shrugging, it was clear that she wasn’t exactly concerned over his mention of killing. Didn’t seem like the type to take a life in cold blood, but rather just a guy making his way through the galaxy. Scoundrel? Perhaps, but who at this bar couldn’t be called that in some way?

When he turned the question on her, Joza thought for a moment before her eyes were drawn to the flask he pulled from his person, pouring it into his coffee. Rather than make a comment, she opted to answer. “I spend most of my time hanging out in seedy bars looking for a husband who’ll take care of me.”

Smiling against the rim of her glass, she polished off what was left of her drink before injecting more of the truth into her next response. “I work in entertainment. Started out as a dancer, now I own a few clubs and cantinas myself.”

[member="Jim Pehico"]

She was right. Sometimes none of the options were ideal, He could work in the underworld and get enough credits to find out who sliced his starfighter or he could turn himself in and be killed for treason. Of course he wouldn't be able to get anywhere close to the planet without being shot down, but even if he manages there's no way he'd survive. She continued to answer his question.

“I spend most of my time hanging out in seedy bars looking for a husband who’ll take care of me.”

"Of course, have you found any acceptable suitors?" Jim chuckled and smirked. She was joking of course, but Jim knows that every joke has a grain of truth to it.

She then told him a more serious answer. “I work in entertainment. Started out as a dancer, now I own a few clubs and cantinas myself.”

​"Zeltron and a dancer?" Jim thought to himself, he knew this typically meant exotic dancer, but as he didn't want to offend her, he asked her another question.

Jim paid the bartender an extra couple of credits and whispered in his ear, as he went into the back, Jim then looked over back to Joza

"You don't happen to be familiar with ballroom dancing are you?" Jim smiled sincerely

Back when he was an honor guard for the queen of Naboo, Jim typically had to attend many ball room dances, and other events of the royal kind. Jim typically hated it, but the dancing? He always had enjoyed dancing, preferably with another woman. He was not only one of the best pilots from Naboo, but also one of the best dancers as well. Jim typically said piloting was a lot like dancing, it's all about timing everything perfectly. When done properly, it's beautiful.

[member="Joza Perl"]

"I have a few connections, know a bunch of good folks that can help you turn the anger to a righteous cause. They will show you how to hone that rage. Use it to protect the weak and take down those who would enslave them. I can feel it in you, you want something more. You know their is a calling you should follow. I think the Judges will give you that."

These words sank into Derin's mind as well, putting him into what had almost been a deep thought. But it wasnt that deep of a thought, because almost immediately after he came out with "I'd be glad to learn to use these 'skills' you say I have for good. Thank you."

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Ket knew all too well. After having been across this poodoo laden galaxy more time than he'd been alive in years, he knew FAR too well. This new crop, they couldn't hold a candle to those who came after his own generation, let alone himself. He was indeed a relic from a time BEFORE the time past. Such was his luck. But He looked to Garith, and that ever present toothy grin held true as those around them spoke and gave way to the machinations neither of them were privy to. Yet, Ket, He knew all too well. These pups knew nothing of the old ways, regardless of which ways he might speak of. Good, bad, great, dark, light, or evil...They knew not what it was to hold real power in the palm of their hand.

But Garith? He had an inkling. And that alone put him head above shoulders from the rest. He thought of Malice. Malice was a man who began to come up when Ket had already reached the top. Ket was the ancient Methuselah among little children. With a chuckle, sapphire eyes close, and he raised his murky, dusted glass to his lips. And he sipped. As the familiar brown liquid slithered past his pallid, thin lips and warmed his body, he grinned with a content sigh.

"My dear Garith...You alone could decimate all here with but a thought. Yet you still try to prove yourself to one such as I. When will you accept that you are better than them, that those better than you number in the few, and those better than I do not exist?"

[member="Garith Darkhold"]

There had been much that had happened in the time cantina in such a short span. That is being the point in reference was the words last spoken by Garith and when [member="Ket Van-Derveld"] spoke again. There was gun fire, bar brawls, and exotic dancers talking to boys who drink milk shakes. Even a old Sith having another drink of Corellian Whiskey and remembering chit of the long distant past.

[SIZE=14pt]~ Flash Back ~[/SIZE]​
There encased in near darkness. The red glow of runes written in the old dialect of the High Sith, was the only light. Runes of mighty power marked upon black marble. Sith Sorcery of a terrible kind meant for a great dark purpose. The room with no corners that lay thick with a darkness. It was a darkness that is not seen with the eyes, but the heart. A nexus of energy that consumed the good and only gave evil in return.

It was a Sith Alchemical device of great horror and infamy, an oubliette with a sinister purpose. Those strapped to the upright blackened metal pillars in the form of an X was not just left in a darkened room. The room held power. It was a room where it twisted and deformed your thoughts and dreams. It was a room where you would never die of thrust or hungry, though you were still left with the pain of needed food and drink. How long you can defend your mind from such intrusions was not a question. If that was not enough, the room kept you alive in other ways. If you were cut, the wound would slowly heal over time. When the cut was given the pain would have been intensified, and when it healed….it would not fully heal right. The memory of the pain would linger. With bones braking or crushed…the intense pain would be the same. It would not heal right and the memory of the pain would linger like a horrible nightmare. It was a place no sane living person would wish to be. It was a special place to bring your worst enemies. It was also a special place for a Sith to train. It was a place where a Sith Juggernaut learned to instinctively heal their wounds in combat. How to train their mind to reduce damage beginning dealt to them in combat, with barely much thought. It also cultivated their aspect of fear and channels it to inflict others on the field of battle. It empowered the Sith’s rage to inflict crushing blows. All power did come with a price. Such beast could not control their rage when released.

It was a brief moment Garith’s mind flashed back to a time, back to a time when he was strapped to such a device. For training he had spent years on such a device. A man named Raven Koran, better known as Darth Umbra. That man knew Garith better than most and what was close to a trusted friend of Garith’s. Even after the man tortured Garith for years…even after that the two still called each other Ner’Vod.

[SIZE=14pt]~Present Time~[/SIZE]​
Ket spoke again trying to make another point, to get Garith to do something. That was a good question, what did Ket want? He had an agenda, what was it? If Garith could all here with a thought, just because he could…should he? Garith was tainted by evil. By nature he was not chaotic, he sought more structure. Was he trying to prove anything? Were there better them Garith? To what was he being measured to? Was it Ket? Everything had a limit. A glass could only be filled so far. A body could only be honed to endure so much. Was Ket stronger then a Celestial? No he was not, Ket believing such was only part of his madness.

Garith was a being of action; his patience was limited. “What is your point Ket”, Garith trying to get Ket to spit out what ever plot he had in mind, “Do you have something in mind that has true meaning”, Garith was trying to hint Dark Scheme, without saying it out loud in a bar full of people. “If you do, just spit it out. You know we’re not getting any younger”, he did not know where this was going. It had better be interesting.

Translation:
Mando’a
Ner’Vod / My Brother

“No.” Her tone was still polite and pleasant, but matter of fact. He knew that she wasn’t husband hunting, no longer pining after the fairy tale image of a man who loved her and would care for her for the rest of her days. Been there, done that, had a baby and then…well, he wasn’t in the picture anymore. Which was the nice way of putting it. Fairly tales sucked.

Her eyes slid over to Jim’s little whisper party with the barkeep, noting the credits he passed his way before he turned and asked if she knew how to ballroom dance.

“I do. I’m familiar with quite a few styles of dance.” Had she made her living as a stripper at one point in her life? Absolutely, and that was not a fact the Zeltron would shy away from. Now she owned strip clubs, which hinted at upward mobility in the least.

She raised a finger lazily, swirling it around as if gesturing to the room as a whole. “You’re not about to turn this dirty cantina into a dance floor, are you?” The barkeep glared at her from the corner of his eyes before moving into the back, but she could only give a mild shrug in response.

[member="Jim Pehico"]

Jim smirked at her "You've read my mind."

Jim always enjoyed a nice dance, especially with a lovely Zeltron woman.

Before Joza could react, Jim guided her from her seat to a clearing on the floor of the bar, and Jim bowed.

"May I have this dance?" Jim looked at her as he smiled with a hopeful look in his eyes.

Suddenly ballroom music began playing as some of the patrons began complaining. Jim didn't mind though, he paid a good amount of credits for this song to be played.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Having recently joined the ORC, Deedra Waran had spent the last few days asking around for information on available work. The search now brought her to Avalon, a prominent space bar within the faction, where she would likely find [member="Bryce Bantam"], a member of the Coalition's Navy who could probably provide the answers she needed. Going off of the little information she knew about him, she was looking for an olive-skinned, fiery-haired human male in this crowded space.

He actually wasn't too hard to find, and Deedra let out a sigh of relief when she saw him, sitting at a table and conversing with a Jawa and another man, it looked like from here. She decided to let them finish up their individual conversations, and turned to the bar to order herself a drink.

"Can I get an Ebla beer? Thank you."

The Twi'lek woman's voice was husky and accented, as though Basic was not her first language. Accepting the drink from the bartender and sliding him the requested credits, Deedra turned back to the spot where Bantam was sitting, her thick lekku drifting behind slightly as she walked purposefully in his direction. She stopped in front of his table, eyes acknowledging the other two sentients that had been talking to him, and rested with a hand on one hip, the other holding the drink.

"Captain Bantam? I was wondering if I could talk to you...about joining the Navy."

Bryce looks up from his conversation with the two potential new students @B'kik and [member="Derin Kall"] so the twi'lek that has got his attention.

Deedra Waran said:
"Captain Bantam? I was wondering if I could talk to you...about joining the Navy."
"So a voidsmen, well woman huh? Yeah, the navy or search and rescue can always use a good skipper. Any experience or references?"

Bryce would hold off play cards till [member="Deedra Waran"] spoke, he would instead sip drink his lum and wait for her response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom