Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad booze and worse decisions

B'kik

The cutest capitalist thief you will ever see
After the bartender informed the confused B'kik mombay jawa juice was nyeta made of jawas and instead made with bantha juice B'kik decided to nye it.
Once he was given his drink B'kik decided it was time to talk to the ginger man.
He slowly walked up to the man and tapped on his back
In a heavy jawa accent he said
"m'um m'aloo. Ikee heard baa have infomation of the force."
Then B'kik realised he was interrupting the mans card game, something B'kik was told could lead to trouble.
In a more submissive tone he said
"Sorry"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Derin sat at the table, his face concealed by the darkness due to the corner of the bar being very poorly lit. No one sat here due to this reason except for people trying to smuggle in drugs or weapons of some sort. While in deep thought, he heard a voice calling out to someone, most definitely him.

"Hey kid, you got some good moves. Why don't you come back and site with me here while we play cards. I'll cover your drinks and bets while... we talk business."

He looked up to find the source of the voice to be someone that was either very old and looked healthy or someone that was just young. Maybe 20s, early 30s. Anyway, he seemed to be friendly, and wasn't here to arrest him, so why not? He rose from his seat slowly and came to a well lit area right in front of the table. Without saying a word he followed [member="Bryce Bantam"] back to the table where he came from and took a seat with a few other people surrounding the area. The bar was very populated.

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
"With a little more practice you can move objects around, using telekinesis, without crashing them"

Bogan? Last she heard about it, it wasn't a Miralukan-specific term, even though it was used to represent the dark side. But [member="Sadal Vas"]' comment about throwing lightning all over the place might be best applied to Sith Knights and Lords: usually one of the trials of acolytes is about making successful use of Force-lightning, one way or another. Perhaps Sadal realizes that it's a question of just how FUs use their brains that make FUs different from the grain, and that I'm not afraid to go against the grain - and that's why I'd rather alchemize than, well throw lightning all over the place, she thought, while her brain is playing tricks on her due to the brawls that occurred within the confines of the bar. By now, however, the contents of the keg of alchemized lum are now down to about 1/4 of its total capacity: she has a pretty good feel for how much lum is left in the keg thanks to the Force-energy contained in it. And she will pay the tab once the keg empties.

"You realize now what makes me different from run-of-the-mill Sith: most Sith I know about would throw lightning all over the place, or, if they are acolytes, swinging lightsabers. In my experience, those who would instead want to create or improve things have different thought processes"

In a galaxy filled with "I'm not drunk enough for this," there can be only one man who is, in fact, drunk enough. Unfortunately for Alkor, that man was not him, and this bar didn't have enough booze to get him there. What it did have would have to be enough; because the last job was still splitting his head, and he needed to take the edge off.

"Spiced rum," he murmured to the barkeep, "Dubrillion make, if you've got any." Alkor turned a credit chip over in his hand and let it clatter on the counter. The man on the other side wasted no time.

He hadn't bothered to look at the others when he walked in, but as he pulled the hood from his head, the familiarity of a Zeltron woman caught his eye. The Dark Jedi took a sip of his rum and stepped away from the bar.

"Gonna open a tab?" the man called from behind him. Alkor offered a thumbs up without turning around. Satisfied, the proprietor ran the chip.

He hugged the wall as several others engaged in some kind of commotion, not convinced he wanted anything to do with it. After all, if it wasn't paying, it wasn't up his alley. Not these days. "Best not to get involved in that racket," the man called from behind him, and Alkor glanced back. The barkeep was wiping down a glass. "They're a rowdy bunch. Bloody newcomers for sport. Lest y'fancy losing a few teeth- your call, though."

"Thanks for the tip," Alkor responded drily. He downed another sip of the drink, glanced into the glass, and frowned. "I think I'll have one more," he told himself, eyeing the players in a card game off to one side.

He downed the last of the rum in a single gulp.

Joza blinked as the man began speaking in Huttese, her brain shifting suddenly to keep up with the change in language. While fluent herself for her own weird reasons, she generally didn’t need to speak it in her everyday life.

“Oh,” She laughed a little as he kissed her hand. The Zeltron was in a good mood to begin with, and he wasn’t getting all handsy or sloppy so she didn’t mind the advances. “I think you’ll find that a lot of people in a place like this speak Huttese.” She tilted her chin to the crowd out in the rest of the cantina, ruffians and thugs alike.

Joza nodded and smiled as Jim went over to Sakka to check on the young man. He was alone, and she had to guess that he wasn’t used to these types of places. Leaning her back against the counter while seated, she sipped at her mug of lum as a familiar figure flickered into her vision. Surprise painted her features as it was none other than [member="Alkor Centaris"], her estranged husband.

She’d give Alkor a similar smile and nod in acknowledgement should he look her way, but otherwise kept her attention towards Jim and the kid. She and Alkor didn’t know eachother all that well, and all the technical infidelity didn’t bother him…mostly because he didn’t exactly understand it.

Sakka called out to her in response, causing the Zeltron to almost spit her drink back into the mug. Taken aback, she lowered her cup, eyes narrowing sharply as she looked the kid over for a few tense seconds. Then, she rolled her eyes and shrugged, taking a heavy swig of lum before slipping off of the stool and moving over to the table Sakka and [member="Jim Pehico"] were at.

“Prostitutes don’t buy drinks for Johns, honey. It’s the other way around.” She laughed softly, lips tilting into a smirk. “Enjoy your drink, but watch how you talk to people around here. Wouldn’t want to end up like that guy, right?” She gestured to the faceless corpse on the floor, courtesy of Doc. Though her mannerisms were composed, look on her face indicated that the kid would be eating his chocolate vodka shake through a very different hole if he decided to get wise.

Clasping a hand on Jim’s shoulder, she lifted her head back towards the bar. “Sorry about that, looks like no good deed goes unpunished. I’ll comp the cost of your caf, least I can do.”

[member="Mascoo"]

"what! huh?!!? uhhh?!!?" The young lad said to Joza, awkwardly replying to her offer.

"uhhhmm, ahh, hello their my lady. But as much as I want you to be on my side, I currently don't have any money right now to hire you. Try your luck to other costumers."

​Jim chuckled to himself, did this man truly think that she was a prostitute? This kid's got as much charm as a Gungan. The awkward young man then turned to Jim.

"I'm sorry bro, but I don't do that kind of stuff to the same sex."​ He told Jim.

Jim frowned, he was hoping for a more father-son thing, instead he was called a homosexual. Must be the lum. Jim thought about everything that had been going on this evening at Avalon, He had struck out twice, Janick, and Mascoo had all rejected him, Jim thought of what it could be? His hair? No, that's stupid, his hair's great. His breath? Alcohol kills germs that caused bad breath. right? His moustache? Blasphemous to even mention. Jim's inferiority complex was about to take over when the kid started moaning.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh" he said as he sipped on his chocolate milk.

The boy then turned to Joza who began walking over.

"but I'm gonna take your offer of paying my bill"

​"Of course, insult both of us and he still wants her to pay with my credits" Jim thought to himself.

“Prostitutes don’t buy drinks for Johns, honey. It’s the other way around.” Jim chuckled, at that, why buy a girl for a night when you can charm her and have her for the rest of your life.

“Enjoy your drink, but watch how you talk to people around here. Wouldn’t want to end up like that guy, right?” she said looking at the corpse of the gunslinger's victim.

Jim yelled over to Bryce who had recently pulled out a gizmo and sent a formerly unconscious man to a medbay.

"Hey boss, what can you gizmo do for this poor bloke?" Jim said lightheartedly. Jim thought it over, wow had the outer rim twisted his humor. He needed to go stay on Alderaan for a while.

Suddenly Jim felt a warm, soft touch on his shoulder. He looked over, hoping it wasn't going to be a sucker punch. No it was the complete opposite of a sucker punch, it was Joza's hand on his shoulder, “Sorry about that, looks like no good deed goes unpunished. I’ll comp the cost of your caf, least I can do.”

​Jim thought her proposition over for a second. "Well that would be the least you could do, the most you could do is go grab dinner sometime with this lowly scoundrel?" Jim shrugged. This was his first time Jim was nervous talking to a woman in years.

Before she could answer he blurted out "Also what do you think caused the kid to think I was homosexual, doll? Please don't tell me it's the moustache." Jim asked half jokingly.

[member="Joza Perl"]
[member="Mascoo"]
[member="Bryce Bantam"]

The bartender took the credit chits swiftly and pointed at [member="Bryce Bantam"]'s direction. Sirius' turned his head but mistakenly thought the man was pointing at the lady Zeltron encroached by men of dubious behavior.

Underneath his helmet, he raised an eyebrow before interrupting the man with a moustache.

"Bartender's saying you've got work to offer with decent pay." Sirius stated, his voice modulated by the annunciator within his helmet.

He did not want to stay in this establishment more than he needed to.

[member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Jim Pehico"] | [member="Mascoo"]

Sakka suddenly felt a dangerous aura from the woman as she pointed out the dead body in the ground. He didn't notice there was a dead body just lying around. In fact he didn't even tried to scan his surrounding like a good hunter does.
'I'm really at the bottom of the wheel right now' he says to himself. Sakka gulps down the remaining shake. and ignores what was happening around him until he finished his drink.
Stressed from losing his fortune, Sakka did not bring any of his weapon as he was just planning on walking to the city to clear his mind. It was a stupid move of him.
He quickly put on his hood and walk towards the exit. He bumps into a guy who was still on his spacesuit. He looks at the guy to apologise and expects the same with the guy but the guy didn't.
The guy was walking towards the red head woman who was still with the moustache guy.
"Bartender's saying you've got work to offer with decent pay."
Sakka heard asking the red head.
'wait, Is she some kind of informant in here? shocks,' Sakka thought. He pause from his current position who's now on the exit door.
She pissed off an important person of the bar, maybe she'll put my name for a hunt 'my head's now on danger'.
He slowly walks to a group of people in the side to camouflage and tries to eavesdrop their convo for the meantime.

[member="Joza Perl"]@Sirius@Jim Pehico

“ Even before that I sensed that you are special, but now I actually understand why, thanks”, miraluka turned to the crowd. He didn’t notice how many individuals with a strong connection to the Force were here. And he wasn’t the only one who was seeing that through the Force. The woman near him most likely could see through the Force as well.

“Did I miss the memo about free drinks to all jedi and sith?” asked Sadal in a joking manner to Janick and continued to talk after a little pause: ”speaking about free drinks. What are you going to do after your lum will be finished? You have plans or maybe you will stay here for a while? ”

After that young man noticed how someone gathered people, looking for someone willing to work for him. Sadal wasn’t interested: most of the time people are asking for mercenaries or pilots, and he was neither of those. But his new acquaintance was, so he turned his face to her with questioning expression.

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
"I might be wondering whether you have a request for me"

Could Sadal sense my mental attributes? He would realize that my mental attributes are quite different from those of run-of-the-mill Sith, and it's not just my thought processes that are, she thought, while realizing that so many in the galaxy are shallow, Force-using or not. But since [member="Sadal Vas"] mentioned again the alchemized lum, she checks on the draught lum keg she bought, and she gets a reading on the volumetric indicator that says that there is only a quarter-case left (in the world of lum, and of beer brewing in general a case refers to a set amount of beer, namely 24 servings 341-355 ml each) in the keg, with the ending of the keg meaning that she must then pay the bar tab.

"All right: I'm an alchemist first and a pilot second, and the lum keg is almost empty by now"

Dead Eye said:
Immediately he began to shuffle the cards, eying the other man, he slowly leaned back as he did so. His jacket opened again, showing both gun butts, but he did not do so threateningly, simply too relax. "Do you play?"

"Ah, guns no..." Bryce said pointing to massive hand cannons. "But if you want to play cards i'm down. Got some coin I need to piss away, deal me, the kid ..."

B'kik said:
"m'um m'aloo. Ikee heard baa have information of the force." Then B'kik realized he was interrupting the mans card game, something B'kik was told could lead to trouble. In a more submissive tone he said "Sorry"

"And Mr Sorry was it? Yes him in also. I'll cover everyones bets." [member="Dead Eye"]

Turing is attentions to his first guest ([member="Derin Kall"] )Bryce said. "We need to focus that rage a bit, as anyone ever talked to you about your gifts? If not I think I can help."

Turning to the Jawa ([member="B'kik"]) who he hope was going to stay and chat Bryce said. "Yeah I can help you with the force. It is a strange and wonderful thing, what ya need?"

Joza lifted a brow, considering [member="Jim Pehico"]’s offer. “Tell you what, I’m not much of a dinner person—but I’m always down for a drink or two.” The other brow arched at his second question. Did she think the mustache made him look homosexual? Her head tilted, looking him over with a slight frown of thought. “Nah, the stache is fine. I think he’s just not used to being approached in a friendly way. That, or he didn’t want to be bothered. I mean, I’m not even dressed like a prostitute this time!”

Which, at this point, was true.

From the corner of her eye, a man in a heavy set of armor approached the pair. Bounty hunter? At first Joza thought he was here for Jim until he spoke for her, mentioning that she had…work? A pause silenced her as she thought for a few moments before nodding.

“I do.” Pulling the datapad from her purse, a few taps and swipes brought up a picture of a rugged looking Zeltron man. Pink skin, violet hair and smoldering eyes. “You see him? I need you to break his legs.” Another swipe would send the information, including a picture, sparse demographics and a price to the man’s HUD.

She didn’t have any work from him before he’d approached, by why not get revenge on a scumbag ex when you can have someone else do the dirty work?

[member="Sirius"]

The kid seemed to have gone as quickly as he came in. That left Joza and Jim. J & J. The only thing left for her to do was reply "Yes" or "No"

“Tell you what, I’m not much of a dinner person—but I’m always down for a drink or two.” ​Though he's not technically taking her out for dinner, this does mean he gets to see the beautiful Zeltron again. In Jim's book you win some and you lose some. His ego just received a sudden jump start. He better play it cool.

"Of course, Doll, Name a place and time." Jim said as usually flashing his signature smirk. as for the second question.

​“Nah, the stache is fine. I think he’s just not used to being approached in a friendly way. That, or he didn’t want to be bothered. I mean, I’m not even dressed like a prostitute this time!” Jim's mind tried to process the thought of that, but alas, it couldn't.

Just as Jim was about to make a smart aleck comment an accented man walked in front of him. Jim didn't appreciate it, and despite being slightly drunk (His coffee really did help), He still knew better than to pick a fight with a guy without knowing what they were packing.

"Bartender's saying you've got work to offer with decent pay​" the suited man with the funny accent said, cutting off Jim by stepping in front of him. Now he knew how the blind man felt. But as always with Pehico, he was going to handle it far worse than any force user.

"BaRtEnDeR's SaYiNg YoU'vE gOt WoRk To OfFeR wItH dEcEnT pAy." Jim thought, mocking what the man had just said. Jim frowned.

"Oh noooo, excuuuuseee meeeeeee." Jim muttered feignly.

Why was it when he was with a beautiful woman a suited man always had to come steal her away. He remembered the time when he was on Mandalore in similar situation however the lady flew off with an armored Mandalorian warrior. Jim checked to see if the man had a jet pack. Apparently not, which was seemingly good news to Jim, as he thought woman would be magnetized by men wearing one.

“I do.” Joza replied. in an instant she went from casual bar patron to professional businesswoman, she whipped out her datapad and showed the suited man a profile of a male Zoltron.

“You see him? I need you to break his legs.”​Jim was scared and intrigued by this woman. Jim loved that.

But Jim thought of why he had originally came into the bar for and tapped on the suited man's shoulder until he paid him some attention, finally.

"I think the bartender meant the other Redhead, at the table enjoying the cards. He's offering half the bar patrons jobs. Hell, I think the Bartender even got a job" Jim said half jokingly, pointing at his new boss Bryce, who was currently enjoying a game of poker with the gunslinger who took cowardice far too seriously. The bartender heard his comment, muttered to himself and walked away to serve one of the less annoying patrons.

"Anyway dear," Jim said bringing his attention back to Joza, "Where were we?"

[member="Joza Perl"]
[member="Bryce Bantam"]
[member="Sadal Vas"]
[member="Mascoo"]
[member="Sirius"]

B'kik

"Ikee got information that baa know someone who can train me in the force. Now ikee know there is a big chance ikee got false infomation"
B'kik noticed tha @byrce bantam had a device that looked like a lightsaber
"Baa have lightsaber. Baa are a Ja'bo'ba so baa can train me?"

Not the sort of job Sirius was looking for. The female Zeltron did not look like one who'd hand a job like that. Perhaps it was a con.

Before he could respond to her, a man he had initially ignored cut in correcting Sirius' belief the Zeltron dealt with job offers here. The helmeted man's head tipped up to see where the finger pointed at. After noticing the man playing cards, Sirius looked back at the female Zeltron and man with a moustache.

"Is he now?" Sirius' question of whether the man truly did offer job was directed at both but slightly more at the pink lady.

Something about her demeanor and attitude seemed far fetched than typical Zeltrons of the female gender.

[member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Jim Pehico"] | [member="Bryce Bantam"] | @Mascoo​

“Ah,” Another swipe, this one in the opposite direction and the data would disappear from the man’s HUD. Lack of interest was apparent. Really, she shouldn’t go around trying to break people’s legs anyway.

“Mhm,” She confirmed, chin tilting in Bryce’s direction. “Sounds about right to me.” She hadn’t been present when Bryce was handing out jobs but didn’t doubt that it had happened. Fether could give her a run in the charisma department! Friendly guy, people person. Plus, who didn’t like red hair?

Turning back to Jim, she took a moment or so to recount their conversation before the armored man had interjected. “I think I was mentioning how I wasn’t here as a prostitute this time.” This time. Hadn’t done anything like that in ages, somewhere around her teenage exotic dancing days. Had to earn credits to live somehow, and life on Zeltros was surprisingly difficult for some of the inhabitants. Like a lot of worlds, they had their rich and poor.

“Coffee sobered you up some, yeah? Where you from Jim?”

[member="Sirius"] [member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

B'kik said:
B'kik noticed tha @byrce bantam had a device that looked like a lightsaber "Baa have lightsaber. Baa are a Ja'bo'ba so baa can train me?"
"Sure lil guy, I have been known to glow stick once and a while. Not the best in the verce at it but I can hold my own. So sorry, I'm working through this accent a bit so let me be sure I got this story right. You have a saber and need training or we need to start looking into getting you one?"

As Bryce talked to @B'kik he motioned for the bartender to send over the wait staff.

"Ok next round and food is on me, what can I get ya?"

[member="Dead Eye"] [member="Derin Kall"]

B'kik

"Ikee do nyeta own a lightsaber nor do i know where to bye po or kenza po"
B'kik was so happy he was given correct infomation and is on the way to become a force user
B'kik always wondered why force users use lightsabers and buja they were able to beat blasters with them.
Po thing b'kik hoped for was to learn the knowledge to use force persuasion and force mind control and maybe a few abilities good for stealing and assassinating

“Maybe“, Sadal smirked a bit after Janicks words and answered, ”I would actually like to know if I could contact with you again sometime. Maybe I could try this drain trick again to know your contacts, but I prefer more traditional methods of getting to know each other ”

After that miraluka chuckled for a bit. He noticed how through the whole conversation he didn’t even introduce himself properly. Maybe he was just too carried away and forgot for a while even the basic rules of etiquette, but he remembered them now. What can you say: better introduce yourself later then never. And since the lum is almost ran out-it may become "never" soon enough. Sadal started to talk with a little laughter:

“Oh, my apologies. I was so interested that I even forgot to say even a few words about myself. Name is Sadal Vas, but you can call me Sad for short. I’m one of the Wretched Hive crew. One of the mechanics, to be exact“

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

"Yea, vine-coffee always did the trick." Jim said chuckling. he hadn't even noticed his hiccup had stopped. As for where he was from.

"Formerly a resident of Naboo." Jim said sorrowfully, he didn't typically like thinking back to that.

"However these days, the only place I'm from is the nearest cantina." Jim said chuckling.

"So I'm assuming your from Zeltros?" Jim said with a smirk.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom