Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to the Future | CIS Dominion of Zolan

ObjTemp.png

As the music shifted through various forms and types, Ultimatum was beginning to grow accustomed to the surroundings. He wondered if he was underdressed if such a thing were possible for a robot. However, he tried to maintain a somewhat more dignified appearance, the smile diminishing until it took an appearance Ultimatum could only describe as courtly. He had been fortunate, this world still had the HoloNet, and his mind had rushed to find several examples of people in this sort of setting. There was limited information, but what he had seen revealed a more formal, of course, and neutral expression to be the norm. Ultimatum had adjusted his face accordingly, but perhaps the damage had been done.

The artificial being noted a group coalescing, only one of which he recognized, and that just because he had happened to view a picture of the Sith Lord in a Confederate bulletin not too long ago. Armed with one recognition, Ultimatum theorized that the group was the one he should integrate with. If he were incorrect, his next course of action would require several formal apologies; hopefully, if it came to that, then he would have located information on suitable apologetic verbiage and wording in such a setting.

Integration. That was his goal. In order to connect with his new allies, he required interaction with those allies. He had to know them, preferably connect a visual appearance with a psychological background. The former would be reasonably simple to obtain; the latter would require far more time and patience. Few people, as far as Ultimatum's experience suggested, willing subjected themselves to a psychological examination. Therefore it often required subtler approaches to the concepts.

With these thoughts circulating his mind, the droid took several tentative steps towards the group. He bowed before speaking; his voice was deeper and more organic than his small robotic frame would have suggested, "Salutations." Unsure of how to continue, Ultimatum fell silent, gazing upwards to those gathered here, almost all of whom stood at least a foot taller than he.

Compatriots: [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Rex Taff"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Damien Van-Derveld"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Hadashah Verd"], [member="Izak Verd"]
Objective: Hypermatter Reactor Tour
Post(s):2

JDZolan.png

ObjTemp.png
Zolan_CISDiv.png

This was most unfortunate.

Jonpas Audotora watched the holo-screens in the central meeting room with a stern expression. There were laugh lines around her eyes but it didn’t seem like they had been put to use in quite some time. Of all times for the Zolanders to start trying to rebel, to show that they were still, somehow more than washed out wastes of old genetic building blocks—It had to be now. They had taken so much time and had made so many efforts to make Myst suitable for the Confederacy.

Dutifully, the Minister directed all coverage of the disaster to end immediately. The local militia would put an end to the nonsense soon enough, while environmental control would begin to seal off the area, and keep any other civilians from suffering. Authorities were still uncertain as to what kind of event had taken place but the Minister of Myst had not risen from nothing by letting the largest political move Zolan had made in centuries crumble into nothing. Rumors of chemical warfare were unacceptable.

The dark-haired woman, as Jonpas currently chose to be, turned and left the room after giving a few final commands. She had kept the Vicelord and his people waiting long enough. Walking across the mezzanine that overlooked the Embassy lobby she couldn’t help but notice a theme. Was it customary for the CIS to dress in a similar fashion? Jonpas wasn’t certain, but, a painted expression of welcoming warmth heralded her announcement. “Confederacy! Zolan welcomes you!”

The rather loud announcement would get the attention of everyone that was slowly coming together for the tour to their pride and joy.

“Please forgive my tardiness. You must know, Vicelord, that work for an administrator never ends.”, Jonpas clasped her hands together with the pale green folds of her sari flowing down the staircase. The Minister began to lead everyone out of the area and toward the eco-friendly transportation that had been arranged. “If you will all follow me we can sojourn to the Hypermatter Reactor. I know that all of you must be dying to see it. As you all must know hypermatter is made of tachyonic particles that have been charged—“

The whirring lecture began. The Confederacy members would be led with gilded landspeeders that seated six individuals each to the warehouse that housed the hypermatter reactor. It wasn’t a long drive, considering it was in the City of Myst, but it would be made to seem even longer with Jonpas Audotora droning on and on and the beauty of their invention. The sights were lovely, exposing a well-kept city, businesses, and more than enough green to make any nature lover happy.

The Warehouse where the Reactor was being held had extremely high levels of security. The Confederacy would have to watch while the Minister entered a half dozen codes, bio-scanning, as well a key to bypass only the front set of blast doors. “We’ve added the best security that could be found in this sector to keep our work safe. With that in mind I would advise all of you to stay with the group. No wandering off!

Turning key members of CIS into dust certainly wouldn’t win them any brownie points.

The blast doors would electrify for each quadrant if security was tripped. There were a literal plethora of defensive capabilities. Zolan had purchased as many Droidekas as they could afford and had installed more than enough automated blaster turrets to stare down a small army. There were even culture tanks full of modified miniature Rakazzak Beasts enclosed in the walls, held frozen in stasis, that were specifically designed to target anyone without Clawdite or Zolander genetic markers.

It may have seemed like overkill but the Guile Company wanted them to be prepared. There were long hallways full of transparisteel viewports and durasteel doors. It was a muddy grey color, drab, but aside from the reinforced viewports the walls seemed incredibly thick.

“Now I know that this building isn’t as aesthetically pleasing as the Embassy, but, we favored function over beauty.”

[member="Nemesis Nemonus"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Izak Verd"] | [member="Hadashah Verd"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] | [member="Damien Van-Derveld"] | [member="Ultimatum"]

Valgærd

Chit.

I had thought I was so mature, walking away from Kalee without complaining to her about the way she was talking to me. But she caught up to me, grabbing my shoulders and spinning me around so we were facing each other. She spoke, shaking her head and holding the credits out to me. Her words had a twofold effect. On the one hand, they cut deep. I felt very much like a small child, chastised for throwing a tantrum. And a tantrum it was.

But at the same time... while there was heat in her words, frustration maybe, I felt none that sickening emotion of superiority that I had expected to feel. That kind of infuriated me, because I couldn't righteously be mad at her. There was no cruelty coming from her, no desire to pick a fight. She was coming to me as a friend, the kind of friend I actually wanted to have; one that wasn't afraid to pull me up when I was out of line.

And today I was out of line.

I sighed, defeated. Avoiding her gaze for a moment, I accepted the credits she offered me.

"Ah, dammit Kalee," I replied softly, "Why do you have to make so much sense? I can't even be mad at you."

I chuckled, partially at the joke, but mostly at myself. Slipping the credits into my pocket, I turned my attention fully to her. I had sensed power in her... but she'd dropped a significant tidbit about her past. She was worshipped as a goddess. I couldn't even begin to imagine what that would be like. Yet, she wasn't meaning to make me feel guilty about accepting help when it was available, but I did cringe at how I'd shunned her credits earlier.

"Look... thank you." I said, "I'm sorry I snapped."

I was going to say more, going to make excuses as to why I was like that. I was on edge about spending someone else's money. I was nervous about impressing her. I was uneasy about being on an unfamiliar planet. But honestly, it didn't matter. It was in the past now. It was apparent that shopping was not something Kalee did often, even at all. She didn't appear to expect to enjoy herself. She'd shown me a glimpse of her life, I wanted to show her a glimpse of mine. I slipped my hand into hers, stepping forwards towards the street proper,

"Right, so, the coat I lost was weaved from this thread that was much more protective than I gave it credit for. It was light, but really warm and sturdy. It was a lot more practical than I realised. So if you see any places advertising armoured coats, let me know?"

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"]

Objective: Tour the Reactor Factory
Wearing: This
Company: [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Hadashah Verd"] [member="Izak Verd"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Damien Van-Derveld"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

ObjTemp.png

Zolan_CISDiv.png

Earlier today, Anastasia had arrived at Zolan accompanying her Father and had gone to see the sights of the planet she had never been though, not as far as she knew. Shortly after, having returned to the room she was using on the ship, she'd found a box on the bed which contained a dress. She'd gone and assumed Father had done this though she wasn't too sure at first. But why? Anastasia wondered almost immediately. She'd packed a dress she was going to use, it was pretty simple and light and had none of the colors this one. Yet, she wasn't a bad daughter, she'd wear it even if it seemed so out of place for her. There was a tiny bit of problem though, she didn't have shoes to go with. She did have shoes she'd intended to wear though with her own outfit and so, she'd had no choice but to put them on. With the way the dress was, they were pretty noticeable. Is that wrong? The young Verd had wondered though nothing in her confusing memories told her the answer to that. The Monster that had once kept her captive knew how to dress but she didn't think too much about it. Most of the time, she preferred simple and dark clothes which allowed for movability and nothing that stood out. On rare occasions Anastasia could remember herself wearing dresses, she didn't really know where they were later. It was as if she had obtained a dress, wore it and then disregarded it because she had no use of it after an event. As such, it had left Anastasia's collection rather bland.

Once ready, she had joined her siblings and Father and they had gone to the Embassy.

Anastasia hadn't realized but as she moved, her fingers her pulling against the black bracelet on her head as she felt herself somewhat nervous in an unfamiliar outfit. Father seemed to enjoy himself in white, her siblings she couldn't fully read yet but her sister seemed less thrilled by the looks of her. Though it was only when they'd walked into the waiting room and her dark eyes landed on the blonde that was more often than not at Father's side that she realized the other woman was in white and soft blue combination as well, clueing her. Is that why? She wondered as they drew closer. It is your father's side that she keeps, gaining attention you will never have, the memory of the Monster's voice suddenly sprung to life, a crystal clear voice in her mind. Was the Monster right? The feeling that took over her instantly was one she didn't have a word for but it was definitely unpleasant. Why do his children have to match his favored apprentice? The thought popped into her mind before she'd even realized, dark eyes still looking into Srina Father introduced them, first the twins and her last. Anastasia wasn't aware of it but her gaze to the Echani had gone a little darker, the thoughts still plaguing her, distracting her before she'd spotted him boop another blonde on the nose. She was in Sinner's Well, she recalled now.

Her hand released the band on her hand as she gave a low wave to the gathered crowd even though she didn't speak.

Then they were approached by an older brunette, her head turning to her as she greeted them, asking for an apology for her tardiness. Anastasia couldn't help herself from glancing back at the faces she should have known. Father, his apprentice, the other blonde, the man Father called Minister and the droid, the one who hadn't spoken yet, their faces seeping into her memory as people she should have known while the hostess continued speaking, before they'd be on their way. Anastasia began to listen as they were seated into the landspeeders, her brain paying attention to the bits that sounded more important and crossed out what wasn't, trying to keep herself entertained in the process as to not lose focus. It wasn't like she was that good at sitting down and listening, she'd never actually gone to a normal regular school where children sat in chairs and listened to teachers... or how she knew about them, for that matter, was another fun question for her to think about later when she wasn't trying to keep up.

Long ride and longer speech later, they came to a stop, Anastasia finding more interest in the time the woman took in entering the coding, examining the doors as they waited before their hostess would point out they shouldn't wander off. She had no intention of though.

Objective: Tour the Reactor Factory
Company: [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Hadashah Verd"] [member="Izak Verd"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Damien Van-Derveld"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

ObjTemp.png

Zolan_CISDiv.png

Katrine didn't actually like champagne, which she'd already decided a while back but as she'd learned, alcohol from different places didn't quite taste the same. This was true on both times she'd tasted it before but each time, the taste hadn't been right. It didn't work for her this time either, making her return the barely touched beverage as the waitress had passed. The woman had intended on offering something else but Katrine had already noticed Damien had something quite different in his hands, making her reach her hand. "Can I try that?" It looked like wine and wine usually tasted different. She didn't know why that is because she'd once heard champagne was kinda like wine, just the next step or something like that. Well, if that was true, she didn't like the next step.

Another song had kicked in, her head moving slightly to the beat as she listened to the words before it had come to its end, and another began slow before picking up.

It was when she'd felt the presence of her Uncle, sapphire gaze looking for him to find him wearing all wine. Surprising. After him came three more, each of them matching. He'd introduce them soon enough to Rex before he looked at her, tapping her on the nose as his mouth moved. Katrine giggled immediately. Uncle Isley was clearly in good spirits, the blonde realized, more so than usual, which left her smiling as her her hand hit the beat lightly against her thigh. She definitely didn't mind the music. Just as the song was slightly winding down, she heard the words from behind her and turned, looking at the woman in the beautiful turquoise outfit. She was clawdite, right? Katrine wasn't really too sure from the looks of her but she wondered. There were so many more questions she wanted to ask the woman again but right now might have not been the time, a soft tap against her shoulder from the spirits had been a reminder of it.

The woman spoke to Uncle Isley first, before they'd begin moving, getting into landspeeders leading them away from the waiting area as Katrine tried to keep up with lecture given. It wasn't really her thing, listening to lectures. At least not like this. If they could explain the reactor in no more than ten sentences, the Lupine would have been a lot more interested to hear what they had to say. When the ride finally ended, the waiting began as the woman kept entering a lot of coding before warning them not to wander off. "Why not? What exactly could happen?" She perked up finally, curious to know the answer.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
ObjTemp.png

He nods to [member="Srina Talon"]. "I have heard of you through many a grape vine." Along with a network of agents feed me whatever information I require. "Indeed it is a necessary evil to do these, to meet and greet but it gets me out of my office. The Viceroy is coming excellent I have been meaning to meet him, but you know how it is." He watches as [member="Darth Metus"] enters with three others at his heels.

He has three children, I need to speak with my agents they missed that one. He though to himself as Metus asked if he was late and Srina told him he wasn't. Actually that minister should have been here by now. "Greetings Vicelord, I am very well as I am out of my office for a while." Rex replied with. Then he was greeted by the two youngest behind Metus. They looked like twins "Greetings to both of you as well." He said to [member="Hadashah Verd"] and [member="Izak Verd"]. I Really Need to Talk to my Agents.

He then saw the night mother and her brother further back. [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] and [member="Damien Van-Derveld"]. He would need to introduce himself to Damien properly as the first and last time he had seen the man was back on Ryloth when they had both been present at the choosing ceremony. He sighed inwardly to many things to do not enough time. He also saw his old master [member="Kurenai Yumi"]. I wonder what she is doing here, I will have to find out because I am sure she doesn't need to be here.

Then he saw [member="Ultimatum"] a HK-36. He had only heard about them he had never seen one in person. He would have to find out more about them. My Agents have a lot, a lot to answer for. He sighed internally again. He noticed that Metus last child [member="Anastasia Verd"], didn't say anything at all. I wonder what is going on in her head. Then finally the Minister had show up, he listened to the lecture with intent asking many questions about the construction among other things. He continues to the speeders, follows through to the start of security. Lots of security measures he thinks to himself. He follows through as Katrine ask what could go wrong. Nothing I hope.

ObjTemp.png
Objective: 1 (get swamped by important people, question objective choice)
Company: [member="Ultimatum"] - [member="Rex Taff"] - [member="Srina Talon"] - [member="Anastasia Verd"] - Darth Metus - (somewhere? [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Damien Van-Derveld"])

Kurenai felt off, very off about her current situation, in the matter of a few moments the number of people present had doubled, [member="Darth Metus"] showing up with his entire family almost in the blink of an eye, or had time just become to irrelevant? Regardless, now there was a huge array of really important people walking around following along with this reactor inspection. When thinking about it Kurenai kind of contemplate why she had come here in the first place, it was not like she really knew enough about physics to pose any possible question or understand an answer, nor was she in an afflent position that would render her views on the subject important.

To top it all off her attire was nothing like those already present, from the Vic Lord himself to his children all had fancy high class looking clothing. The, (still very sus) [member="Anastasia Verd"] donning a very elaborate and nice dress that was probably worth quite a tidy sum, her sister [member="Hadashah Verd"] not skipping out either, finally Metus son [member="Izak Verd"] neety bundled up in a snazzy suit similar to his father. When thinking about it a bit more this was the first time she had seen the enitre family togther, yes Kurenai had met them all at least once, having worked with Anastasia in the past on certain mission, but all of them, here at a reactor inspection, now that was something new.

Back onto the topic of clothing, when looking the her own attire Kurenai probably looked like a bum, the woman having her old battle worn Operator Class armor, the dark grey full fitting combat pants, short sleeved shirt, tightly laced boots, knee protection and combat flack vest. The outfit topped off with ammo pouches on the chest, holsters for knifes and pistols all topped of with the woman's fringe covering her right eye, not having much time for body care as of late with a new student she picked up, said hair becoming frazzy and unkempt. The only think that she felt somewhat related to during this tour was the array of battle droid that the Minister had eluded to, 'that is quite a lot of destroyer droids they have here, I wonder where they keep them all'?

For the most part of the trip the Dark Jedi had kept to the side, allowing the more affluent people to converse and discuss matter, or squabble with one another, judging from the way Metu's children acted. [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] and [member="Damien Van-Derveld"] a little ways back talking with one and some other guest, typically the two dressed in their usual attire that suited their them, nothing really different there, though once again people of high importance that had far more reach and influence then she did, 'May as well be sitting on a roof pelting bean bags at people, at least that it somewhat productive'. Heck even this [member="Ultimatum"] person seemed to being doing more when herself, at the very least the HK droid had actually spoken with someone, even if it was just a single word, then again droids where not socially inept like herself, talking with so many people in a social setting, still not her think.

Letting out a small sigh Kurenai leaned up against a nearby wall, waiting for the Minister to finish their small lecture before moving on, this was going to be a longer then usual day, 'I really need to make some friends while I am here'.

TourMyst.png
Allies: [member="Umai"],
I don't know how I felt it, but with the sudden release of pressure on my chest leaving me, I felt somewhat better. Umai pointed out she couldn't be mad at me because I was right. Because I gave her information that she needed to hear. Not because I wanted to bring her a peg down, but to simply critique her. To aid her in becoming a better person. She chuckled a bit through her words and even stated an apology. I didn't smile, but I did nod my head once to her. My face was not meant for a smile. Even if she was joking and playful. Its been years since the last time I actually smiled.

There was one thing I did not expect though. She moved her hand to be interlaced with my own. I was about to ask her why she grabbed my hand, but she was already quite literally carrying me along with her as she walked. Speaking up herself about the coat being made out of a textile that was stronger than your average cloth or leather. Likely Spacers leather, or Armorweave. Considering there were many who would easily sell jackets with spacers leather, I opted to say that first.

"Spacers leather or Armorweave. However the leather will be more comfortable and will likely cost less."

She just held onto my hand though. Sure, I had held onto my fathers hand as a child. My brothers hand when we were younger, and even a little girl that I had rescued from being abandoned by her parents. However, that was so long ago, that I don't remember the last time I held onto someone's hand in this fashion. She just... didn't seem to care that I was mystified with this. I shrugged my shoulders and just went with it. Part of my mind wanted to yank my hand from her, but she had already been chastised just a second ago. So I let it slide this time.

"You know, looking for a jacket that would fit that description, may have to be near a weapon's shop, or we might have to just purchase the material to make it ourselves."

TourMyst.png
Zolan_CISDiv.png
Wandering streets seemed to be the thing Asher did best lately. The last time they had gone to another world Asher had been doing the same thing in minding his own business before the parade had been attacked. The attack had led to him meeting [member="Eirene"], a handmaiden whose life he had saved. He thought her beautiful, even though the attack left her scared. Asher would always keep that to himself however because he was still convinced he was cursed. Feelings were no longer a luxury for him. He did his best to remain secluded, isolated, and unattached, though his bond with Lylek had made that difficult to do.

For some reason the spirit had chosen him, and Asher could not discern why. The scared man was scared further by the bonding process, and the scales which took shape on his skin were still fresh. He liked them and thought they made him look... well Asher liked them. The man looked like the broken person he had become, and the scars which he carried on the inside covered him on the outside as well.

He sighed as his feet carried him through the streets. He remained in the shadows, vigilant to watch for any sign of trouble. Asher felt at home there. There was no one to worry about, nothing to fear as long as he remained distant from the others. A chain with the ring he had given his wife rested in his hand as had taken it off his neck for a moment. Taking in a deep breath, Asher closed his eyes and said a quick prayer of remembrance to the gods for her and their son. This was his legacy in life thus far, a legacy of death. Those whom he loved, died.

Damien Van-Derveld

D
ObjTemp.png

Company: [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Rex Taff"] @Ultimatum @Kurenai Yumi [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Darth Metus"]
Zolan_CISDiv.png
Katrine reached for his wine and Damien let her take it, clearly not happy with the flavor of the drink she had just disposed of.

Damien shrugged.

"Never take the champagne, or the first drink you are offered. The best stuff always comes out second."

Damien didn't really know it it was true or not. It seemed to make sense. Those who liked the taste of the cheap stuff would stay with it, and less of the expensive stuff would have to be served. When everyone was well full of the taste of their choice, then the cheap stuff would flow in perpetuity. It's how Damien would do it. What did he know though. He was only 19.

Katrine was always distracted and yet aware of what surrounded her. It was a thing to get used to about his cousin. Where he could monopolize her time, Damien had to learn he could not. She was important to the CIS and to the Mandagora. He knew all of these things, but the pull of family made him wish he did not have to share. It was selfish perhaps, but when all he had really known from being a young pup was the presence of his grandmother, Damien sometimes felt entitled to a little selfishness.

The ride was short, or to Damien it was. All attention seemed to be focused on what was being said about the reactor. Science, Damien wanted to vomit in his mouth at the idea. Was there to be nothing to kill on this adventure? The wolf in him was thirsty for violence, and he wanted something to do other than escort his cousin and learn about the reactor.

He yawned.

"This is boring," he whispered to his cousin before looking around the room to see if there was anyone he didn't know.

He joined a beast almost like him called [member="Nemesis Nemonus"], He only knows the man wished chaos and all his ties to the Ancient Eye was severed before coming here so that the eye and the Confederacy which was the target in question here will not clash, Perhaps the reason behind it was that he wished to see how strong the Confederacy really is....especially the more magic focused sect that he has heard so much about but patience was needed as he knew little about what Nemesis had in mind for these people or this place entirely. For now he simply sat and meditated letting his senses spread out and explore and keeping an eye on the life that surged around them, Such interesting creatures if this was before his resurrection he might not have such a interest in the concepts of life and death but now he has a fascination for it and where they go when there time among the living passes on. Do they goto the same world he broke free from? or was there another place for them instead, The only way to find out is through experience and hopefully Nemesis wont wait too long to put it to the test.

Valgærd

Kalee, for all her wisdom and experience, seemed taken aback by my grabbing her hand.

When I was a little girl, my uncle would hold my hand whenever we were planet-side. I suppose I never really grew out of it. I walked with Kalee in tow, trying my very best not to drag her along. She had so much more wisdom than I, so much more knowledge. Even though we appeared to be not that far apart in age, it felt like she was superior to me in so many ways. In that sense, I guess I felt a little like an eager child around her, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed while she behaved somewhat like a world-weary parent, too wise to be excited about anything anymore.

I pushed the thought out of my mind as she spoke, suggesting Spacer’s leather or Armorweave.

“Spacer’s leather… that sounds about right.” I replied.

Kalee mentioned that we may find what we’re looking for near a weapon shop, or that we may need to purchase the leather separately and make it ourselves. I wasn’t much of a tinkerer, but I’m sure with my magic at hand I could whip something up…

“Alright, let’s head towards the weapon shops and see what we can find. And Kalee…” I stopped to turn and face her for a moment, “Thank you.”

She was hardly forthcoming with affection, nor did she seem terribly excited to be around me. But she was putting up with me today. I can be impulsive at times, even aggressive. The woman back on Dathomir found out as much. But the truth of the matter was, I actually didn’t have any friends. Not a single one. Kalee, for all her disdain for my attitude, was perhaps the closest I’d come to having one.

ObjTemp.png
At last, the minister had arrived. Ultimatum felt a tension in his circuits subside as the focus shifted from a social meeting to a technological exposition. It was far simpler to think about the quantum mechanics and mathematical theory than to try and discern etiquette protocol. As far as Ultimatum was aware, this was not a belief that most agreed with. While others were seemingly bored with the explanations, Ultimatum listened with rapt attention. The beginning struck Ultimatum as a bit slow, if only because he understood the mechanics of conventional Hypermatter Reactors if one could claim Hypermatter Reactors were conventional at all.

When they had entered the facility, Ultimatum wondered at its size. Then again, when it came to power generation, size was nowhere near as important as efficacy and efficiency. Ultimatum hoped this new reactor was better in those two areas. If the advantage was significant enough, Ultimatum imagined a revolution within the research and production industries. Of course, at that point, it would come down to the money. He had resources aplenty from different worlds, but little in the way of currency.

His curiosity was piqued by the mentioning of defenses. It was entirely logical that an overpowering force be placed to guard the facility with the potential to be turned into a bomb. The appearance of the facility to not phase the robot, he comprehended the need for function over form, especially in a place like this. Ultimatum tried to look for other staff, not parting with the group of course. Of the two significant points he wanted to see, one was definitely to be fulfilled, but the other had yet to surface. The first, and most apparent was the Hypermatter Reactor. The second was the Clawdites and Zolans. He had noticed a few Zolans around. However, the Clawdites he had seen, if they were indeed Clawdites, had been in other forms. Their natural appearance had eluded him, and while he could and probably would view them on the HoloNet, there was an element in direct physical observation that could not be entirely replicated.

Compatriots: [member="Srina Talon"], [member="[COLOR=#7a98a2]Rex Taff"][/COLOR], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Damien Van-Derveld"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="[COLOR=#7a98a2]Hadashah Verd[/COLOR]"], [member="[COLOR=#7a98a2]Izak Verd"][/COLOR]
Post(s):3

JDZolan.png

ObjTemp.png
Zolan_CISDiv.png

For a moment the perfect visage of Jonpas Audotora flickered. Beneath the mask of a benevolent old woman reptilian eyes flashed and gaunt cheeks exposed themselves at the question posed by the perfect flaxen-haired human a few paces behind her. No doubt, some of the others were curious, but the Minister of Myst had no true want to explain all of the gruesome effects of their defenses. The Clawdites didn’t want their new friends to see it as a threat to their personal safety.

“There are many things within the facility that could be dangerous, child, and many other things that could be accidentally broken. Hypermatter reactors are delicate no matter their advancements. Very particular.”, Jonpas responded kindly, before continuing to lead the way, hands clasped neatly in front of her. “To your left you will see many of our self-loading reserve tanks of reactant fuel. It has been optimized to produce the least amount of waste and yield the least amount of damage to the fusion systems that contain the annihilation cores.”

“Our results have been phenomenal. The majority of Myst is being powered by this singular unit.”

It was then that the Minister tried to open the doors to the next area that she first realized something wasn’t right. The dividing blast doors would not open. She waited for the biometric scanner and slid through her keycard again. Still, it did not respond. Suddenly the lighting in the room became a dull orange shade and screeching alarms began to sound.

“Unidentified personnel in access hall number four. Unidentified personnel in access hall number four.”

Jonpas stared, eyes widening, and tried to again submit the override protocol. Sweat began to roll down the back of her neck. The people behind her didn’t know what was coming. The Minister did. “Don’t panic everyone. Stay calm.”, she ordered, as coolly as she could, while really trying to calm herself. Why wasn’t this working? It had let them in thus far—what had changed?

“Lay down your weapons or emergency depressurization of access hall number four will commence in sixty seconds.”

Jonpas turned toward the camera strip along the wall, for the first time, seeming to break composure. “We have no weapons! We are not intruders! Stop this at once.”

There was no response from the automated voice save for the slowly descending count of numbers. The carefully cultured face of the old woman she wore blinked, slipping beneath flowing skin, revealing the less attractive Clawdite face beneath. If the oxygen was sucked from the room—the organics present would die.

"Fifty-Eight."

Jonpas Audotora did not want to die.

"Fifty-Seven."

“Disengage the defenses! Do you hear me! Disengage or I will have every single one of you fired!”

"Fifty-four."

[member="Nemesis Nemonus"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Izak Verd"] | [member="Hadashah Verd"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] | [member="Damien Van-Derveld"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Rex Taff"]

TourMyst.png
Allies: [member="Umai"],
Umai was changing ever so much. Slowly she was starting to understand how I operated. Who I was. The little tidbit of my life, and the implications of it made it very clear who I was. However, she didn't shy away from me. In fact, she accepted me. It was a strange turn of events. While I welcomed it with open arms, it was still strange. Stopping for a moment, the woman turned around and thanked me. I just simply nodded my head. Squeezing her hand just a bit to let her know that I understood and accepted it.

"There is no need to thank me. I just do what I can."

It may seem humble of my words, but it was the truth. I never sought to lead people astray. They had their own path to go down. I had mine and no one would stop me. However, I do not mind veering off my own path to aid those who desire it of me, and who I feel are fit and worthy of my attention. Umai had shown much promise in the various times we have worked together. It was... nice to see this from her. While she was not a direct fighter like myself, she was of the fighting spirit. That garnered respect from me that I rarely handed out. Despite this, I went ahead and decided to talk to her for one of the few times that I do.

"What was so important about the jacket you want to replace? and why a bo staff?"

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
ObjTemp.png

Team Tag: [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Hadashah Verd"], [member="Izak Verd"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Damien Van-Derveld"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Ultimatum"], [member="Anastasia Verd"]

He listens to the woman as they continue on making notes of the defences. It was well defended perhaps he would have to make his similar when he finally got around to properly to creating it. He was surprised by the amount of work that had gone into the building this place was phenomenal. Then she mentioned that is was basically powering the whole city. Rex was quite surprised by this fact "Really interesting perhaps we need to create more of these things to allow our power consumption in our cities to go down." Rex rattled off a few other ideas, he was the minister for science after all.

Then the next door didn't open. "Minister what is wrong with the doo..." Just then alarms started going and the minister was frantic, I could hear what shortly after the alarms started decompression "Kark" He said looking around at everyone. "Anyone got any ideas, I might be able to slice the door but I wouldn't be able to do it in under 50 seconds." He was scared he had no idea what to do. "Please tell me someone has an idea of how to get out."

Objective: Tour the Reactor Facility
In the Company Of: [member="Hadashah Verd"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Damien Van-Derveld"] | [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Izak Verd"] | [member="Anastasia Verd"] |

ObjTemp.png

Zolan_CISDiv.png

Silver eyes slipped over the droid with almost human affectations when he introduced himself to the group. This, at least, she found interesting. She had several questions that almost seemed too rude to ask when the automaton had such human eyes. Srina was distinctly curious about who the manufacturer was. She moved to follow the Minister, her small fingers wrapping around the arm of the Vicelord, though a little engrossed. “You’re interesting. What do we call you?”

Where had he come from?

Srina would not find any answers before they were shuffled off to the reactor facility. [member="Darth Metus"] sat at her side and she relaxed back against the cushioned land speeder, finding herself looking at the back of Katrine’s head, or at the countryside. Either view suited her fine. She remained silent for much of the trip, the soft wind whistling through her hair, with the comfort of her Master beside her. “So…Where have you been hiding these two? There are only so many stones large enough in the galaxy to hide them under.”

If she found one more brother, sister, clone-child, bio-child—she would honestly just start giving them numbers over names. It would be far more efficient than actually memorizing them all. Which, was saying something, considering all of her people appeared identical. The group approached the facility easily enough. It was an eyesore, compared to the rest of the very natural looking city, but it did seem fairly high tech.

‘It’s more than I would have given them credit for.’, she mentally spoke to Darth Metus, focused on their objective, versus any interpersonal reactions. She would not notice how her favoritism toward the Vicelord could be seen, and even if she did, she would not care. To any that took issue, she would simply advise that they improve themselves as she had. Then they would be worthy to stand at the side of the Sith Lord. Not a moment before. ‘But looks can be deceiving…’

Srina was not being pessimistic. Simply practical. She did not miss when the guise of the Minister temporarily faltered either. The inside of the complex seemed just as technologically advanced as the outside. Her eyes moved over the walls, following the camera strips, and the places where it seemed that automated defenses might appear. What she did not expect, however, was for the blast doors at either end of the access hall to lock them in. The one behind them immediately electrified.

The sirens started going off. Lights began flashing.

“Minister—What is happening?”, Srina questioned, but sure enough, she got her answer from the security system itself. The oxygen would be sucked out of the room. It saw them as a danger, and since the reactors could be so volatile, it did not have any sort of non-lethal protocol. Something within their system was broken. Be it a bug or otherwise they had only seconds to figure it out. ‘Master…’

She called mentally, silently willing Darth Metus to see what she saw. It would take a significant amount of Force to push in the blast doors. Shattering the viewports on either side would take just as much effort, not to mention, run the risk of causing an explosion with the fuel stores nearby. Surely, however, with the Vicelord of the Confederacy and the Nightmother of the Mandragora in the room—they would manage. “We need to do what we can without breaking the glass. I’m sure they have a failsafe but an explosion here could cause a chain reaction—“

[member="Rex Taff"] mentioned trying to splice the security system and Srina nodded her head, without waiting for the Vicelord. "Do what you can. We'll try and buy you some time."

Could the Force Users wrap a telekinetic bubble around the organics to protect them? It wouldn't buy them long, even with everyone breathing as sparingly as possible, but it might be just enough. Some Force Users could hold their breath for quite a long time, but, it wouldn't save anyone else. Her last though revolved around throwing everything they had against the blast door that was locked. She hesitated, only because she didn't know what it was attached to, or what may be triggered because of it. More traps?

Srina paused as she realized the counter was down in the teens. Whatever they were going to do, they needed to do it now, or the droid would be one of the few left standing before the air was sucked from their lungs. She had a rebreather in her hidden armor. Yet, it would only be enough for one. Perhaps it would be best to give it to Rex? If he could stay functional longer he might be able to save the majority of them from dying of hypoxia.

Zolan_CISDiv.png

Valgærd

I could sense… well I thought I could sense respect from Kalee. But surely, I must have had my wires crossed, acceptance, perhaps. She did mention that I didn’t need to thank her, that she just did what she could. I could believe that. She seemed to pay little mind to the trifles of day-to-day life, she did what she could, and moved on. There was little use being caught up in them.

I supposed I could learn a little from her in that regard.

Kalee’s next question made me think for a moment. An absent sigh escaped my lips as I answered,

“Well, this old thing is not nearly as thick as my old one. I don’t feel as safe as I used to. It was a fair bit warmer than this as well, had some deep pockets.” My shoulders slumped a little, “honestly, I regret that I cut up my last one. I’m looking to rectify that.”

I let my eyes wander to the store windows as we walked, considering the second half of her question. I didn’t like to speak about mother. It wasn’t that I had a problem with it, I suspect it was because Uncle never approved of such talk, so in my unceasing attempts to please him, I had stopped bringing it up. However, now that… I was on my own, maybe it was time to change,

“My uh… my mother used one.” I shrugged, “in the book she left me. She carried this weapon… it was like a bo staff, but she could bend and string it like a longbow. Designed it herself. I figured it’s about time I learned to master at least one of those two things.”

ObjTemp.png
A veiled threat perhaps? It was obvious that this place would be well protected, and of course, it would be lethal to those who wandered. It was safer to have a dead person than a live terrorist on the loose. Whatever the reason for the safety measures, it was vital that they protect against intrusion. What better inhibitor was there than the threat of death? Ultimatum could think of none. It was impressive that an entire city was powered by a single Reactor. That alone proved the value of the design. It did not matter what others would say, Ultimatum planned to find a way to learn more about it. Whether it be a purchase, trade, or underhanded deal, this modern marvel was too much to pass up.

As the lighting in the room changed, Ultimatum shifted to his right leg and gazed at the lights. "A drill? Now?" It would indeed show off the safety of the Reactor if a demonstration of the emergency protocols were successful. It was a gutsy move, perhaps all the more effective because of it. This theory was vaporized within seconds as the calm visage of the guide changed. Either she was an actress, or this was not a drill. The percentages were less than preferable towards the latter. Which begged the question, who had a weapon?

Ultimatum knew he did not. Perhaps a scanner has mistaken one of his components as a potential threat? Being generous that had a nineteen percent chance of being the answer. An overwhelming fifty-three percent went to one of the other occupants carrying a weapon of one form or another. Twenty-three percent was allocated to the possibility of a system error, accidental or otherwise. The last five percent bore the responsibility for several minor options. A joke by security personnel, a hydrospanner in the room somewhere, an armed and cloaked person in the room, just to name a few.

The threat of oxygen deprivation was most severe. Not for Ultimatum, of course, his robotic form required no oxygen, or other components of air, to survive. A loss of pressure might damage some of his more fragile components though, potentially rendering him incapacitated. The greater concern was for the organics. He doubted that many, if any, of them could survive indefinitely in a vacuum. Within a second several inquiries flashed through the artificial mind, cold and logical. How long could each survive? How long could a Clawdite last without air? Did the shifting in appearance cause higher oxygen consumption, like flexing a muscle? What did a Clawdite look when dead? Was the form currently visible the most basic appearance, or was there something else? How long would it take to cut through one of the doors, assuming that a rescue team would begin immediately?

Then the mind clicked over to problem-solving. Potential escape routes: Doors (advisable), windows (inadvisable), walls (inadvisable). Rescue potentials stood low at seventeen percent, though Ultimatum was uncertain of the measures taken in these circumstances and therefore decided that the numbers could change. Slicing through the system fell to a twenty percent, Ultimatum was unaware of the abilities of the others in regards to computer skills and overriding complex security measures. Ultimatum knew he could not do it. A Force based solution remained at a hopeful, forty-three percent. He believed that several of the people present were Force users, at least one was definite. Between them, there could be a potential answer. Blasting or otherwise forcing the doors lay at thirteen percent, assuming that there were no tools readily available. Ultimatum could probably have his body rigged as an explosive, but he was certainly not going to suggest that unless absolutely necessary. Random concepts, supernatural intervention, coincidents, and other concepts took up the last seven percent.

"There are no emergency releases on the doors? Manual winches? Explosive bolts?" He directed his query to the minister.

Compatriots: [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Rex Taff"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Damien Van-Derveld"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Hadashah Verd"], [member="Izak Verd"]
Post(s):4

As the procession of people, both Confederate and Clawdite, began to enter the facility the man pressed a button on the comlink attached to his wrist to summon an attendant. As he waited he turned his attention to the other man in the room. The anubian towered over all, a height that was rather imposing to most sentients. However Nemesis was not like most sentients. And Skorvek was not merely a vertically blessed individual.

The two men were powerful in the force. And this was not their only attribute shared. Each were curious about death, about the after life, about what occurred to others when they tasted the bitter end. An ancient saying filtered through his mind to escape in a near silent Muse.

"Death is only the beginning."

As the zolander entered, a thrall on her face the man turned his attention from his comrade and to the woman. They, the zolanders, would be their proxy for most of their endeavor. Lightly he tapped his wrist with a long, finely manicured finger in the Galaxy known motion for "it was time". Turning the woman moved to the desk, her steps tracking mindlessly through the coagulating blood to leave crimson steps to the chair. Activating the computer terminal she began typing in her commands.

Below in the facility the trojan vius would begin locking down the building, purging the administration control, erasing files pertinent to security, and beginning both the reactor overload and the automated defenses. Additionally Zoolander rebels would begin attacking on the fringes of cities throughout the planet. Their rebellion would be doomed yet the distraction would serve his purpose. Finally a coded message would escape the facility, the only transmission that would leave the building, warning of Confederacy treachery.

The outside of the facility went active, automated turrets strafing the exterior and killing and maiming the crowds panicking below. Glancing at Skorvek, Nemesis motioned toward the scene below.

"If you wish, you can partake of the death. Tasting the fleeting life energy or perhaps creating another aspect of fear?"

His face turned back to the Research and Development building as he mentally counted down. Inside the codes to the system and door would rotate based on an algorithm. He did not know the key, and neither did anyone else as the creator of said key had met an unfortunate end moments after implementing the security code. The automated turrets would begin tracking those within and fire on the targets. Oxygen would begin to be vented from the rooms to prevent a fire from destroying sensitive equipment. The walls and doors would be electrified. And from the center of the facility droidikas would be dispatched.

Though that did not matter as the timer had counted down. As the counter hit zero the facility reactor began to overload. As he watched a flash enveloped the entire facility in what surely was a critical failure that would have left a crater where the building had once stood. And the Confederacy would be crippled by the loss of many of their leaders.

Yet as the after image of the glaring light faded from his sight, his eyes fell on the facility and watched as the exterior bullhead doors closed. As if time for that block had been rewound. Leaning forward in his seat he removed his shades and stared down below.

Loop
Welcome to Groundhog Day. Live. Die. Repeat.
You are trapped in a building trying to kill you and will explode. You will die.
But fear not, this is the easy setting and you will respawn at your starting check point.
So enjoy as you try to die in inventive and unique ways before respawning.
But remember, have fun and stop that reactor!

[member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Ahani Najwa"], [member="Ailuros"], [member="Aithne Charr"], [member="Akabane"], [member=”Alden Kyr’Nau”], [member="Aleksander Miles"], [member="Alistair Myre"], [member="Alyva Terrix"], [member="Amaya Cardei"], [member="Anastasia Verd"], [member="Anya Malvern"], [member="Aoker Veru"], [member="Aova Nerys"], [member="Arabella Darkhold"], [member="Aria Lyr"], [member="Arlox"], @Averin An’Arach, [member="Aya Clarke"], [member="Asher Mossa"], [member="Aston Jacobs"], [member="B1-990"], [member="B2-D34T7"], [member="Ballen-Ist"], [member="Bulthos Dorrir"], @Bartic Myth’rand, [member="BBZ-20"], [member="Ben Mentel"], [member="BX-22222"], [member="BX-24601"], [member="BX-25233"], [member="BX-72967"], [member="BX-73300"], [member="BX-75244"], [member="Causstik Rahn"], [member="Chalim Vern"], [member="Chek Zun"], [member="Chikako Liona"], [member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Dakita Calfur"], [member="Dalton Kenway"], [member="Damien Van-Derveld"], [member="Darth Atrox"], [member="Darth Illisus"], [member="Darth Inanis"], [member="Darth Malus"], [member="Darth Nius"], [member="Darth Phren"], [member="Darth Rixas"], [member="Darth Seraphic"], [member="Darth Zurvan"], [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="DE-16"], [member="Derek Dib"], [member="Dinah Vekarr"], [member="Drauchir"], [member="Duidatos"], [member="DV8-420"], [member="Eirene"], [member="Ella Nova"], [member="Emberly Carrick"], [member=”Er’in Tenel”], [member="Faa Vera"], [member="Faustina Beryll"], [member="Fidelis"], [member="Galven Hansol"], [member="Gorm"], [member="Ginnie Verd"], [member="Hades Dai"], [member="Hircine"], [member="Hypatia Najwa"], [member="Iris Issey"], @Irys Arist’lar, [member="Ithiel Verd"], [member="Iskander Verd"], [member="Izak Verd"], [member=”J’Raa”], [member="Jack Anderson"], @Jahn Harrington, @Jasmine Zittoun, [member="Jaya Tandris"], [member="Jayce Pryde"], [member="Jennifer Blanchard"], [member="Jia Darkhold"], [member="Jorco Czeku"], [member="Jaron Lesan"], [member="Jerad Lettiere"], @Kaiya Halcyon, [member="Kal Jaii"], [member="Kal Kandossii"], [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"], [member="Kas Varad"], [member="Katria Vekarr"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Kayla Wylen"], [member="Keric Dynt"], [member="Ket Van-Derveld"], [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"], [member="Kas Varad"], [member="Kip Ridel"], [member="Kyle Ajahn"], [member="Khia Varad"], Kilia, [member="Koda Fett"], [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Lady Psyona"], Lanna, [member="Lera DeVana"], [member="Lewis"], @Lola An’Arach, @Lord Metallum, [member="Luna Terrik"], [member="Lyla Quinn"], [member="Lera DeVana"], [member="Meira"], [member="Maple Harte"], [member="Marcus Lund"], [member="Marek Starchaser"], [member="Maxerian Gron"], [member="Meira"], [member="Miki Starfallen"], [member="Mira Talus"], [member="Muad Dib"], [member="Mythira"], [member="Nasho Vesh"], [member="Natasha Darkstar"], [member="Nayru Wyndaru"], [member="Nicholas Covosi"], [member="Nilia Saavilin"], [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"], [member="Pitts Carnegue"], [member="Nyx"], [member="One-Eyed Jack Varren"], [member="Orion Trex"], [member="Paige Blossom"], [member="Pitts Carnegue"], [member="Prime"], [member="R4N-JR"], [member="Rale Elysar"], [member="Rapax"], [member="Rashae"], [member="Raziel"], [member="Rex Taff"], [member="Riggs"], [member="Rima Orwray"], [member="Rosaline Rousseau"], [member="Ryker Wylde"], [member="Samantha Jade"], [member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Shadar-Pox"], @Sko’saht, [member="Sol Damerin"], [member="Space Prius"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Sungie"], [member="Super TD-T47"], [member="Surnin Strenger"], [member="Taran Holt"], [member="Tevro"], [member="Tarssin Destat"], [member="The Fallen"], [member="The Slave"], [member="Titan"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Tyrande of Isobe"], [member="Tyris Hayes"], [member="Tytos Ardik"], [member="Valis Marr"], [member="Valjan"] Hon’rey, [member="Verd Skirata"], [member="Veronika Fleischer"], [member="Viktor Hawthorne"], @Vinter Veers, [member=”Vuh’kis”], [member="Vulture 21"], [member="Vyra Silara"], [member="Werah Unon"], [member="Xero Wran"], [member="Yuna Hart"], [member="Zenva Vrotoa"], [member="Zephyr Carrick"], [member="Zesiro"], @Zhorin Cenvax

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom