Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Atollon Vagabond - Looking for fleeters, pilots, spacers, and other interested partners

In-character Background
unknown.png

Persistent rumors and fuzzy holos of the Vagabond have spread through the seedy spacer cantinas and the highest levels of governments alike. They say the slate gray battlecruiser seemingly appears at random throughout the galaxy, dangerously lurching into real space far closer to worlds than normal for a starship. Satellites and hapless civilian ships have been obliterated in its sudden reversions into congested areas before it usually just jumps away again. But sometimes it doesn't, sending out strange undecipherable broadcasts or firing sporadically at military vessels and large space stations. Sometimes it languidly lingers over a world doing absolutely nothing. No attempts to communicate with the vessel have been successful. No attempts to fight the vessel have been successful so far: powerful shields and exotic weapons have made short work of all attackers sent against the Vagabond until now. Governments and military officials have been thrown into a panic trying to deal with the random destruction and chaos it has been spreading in the Outer Rim.

Military patrols and credit-thirsty adventures alike have been dispatched to solve this conundrum, but the Vagabond has always eluded them until now.

Finally, the Vagabond's home port has been found: the (currently) uninhabited Atollan System.

A host of peoples and organizations descend into the system, finally looking to solve this menace or take advantage of the .

Out of Character Notes
The Atollan Vagabond is an excuse for a bunch of us to have a good old-fashioned space battle, where people can team up to take on the Vagabond or have a reason to encounter each other and fight among ourselves. The Vagabond, of course, will try to defend itself and its anchorage. Aside from the Vagabond, I will likely GM some pirate and unaligned NPC government forces as well to make sure there are enough opponents for everyone who shows up.

I'll be making a Factory ship submission for the Vagabond - it will be probably be a small battlecruiser that's several thousand meters of length.

Because of this, I'm going to request that people don't show up with combined fleets or ships larger than 2 kilometers (In other words, your character could up with up to four 500 meter frigates, a single 2000 meter long star destroyer, a 1000 meter long heavy cruiser and two 500 meter long frigates, etc). This thus prevents people from showing up with a 5000 meter long battlecruiser or an SSD and attempting to one-shot the Vagabond. It also means that smaller actors such as independent pirates, new PC characters, and minor factions can have more impact on the event itself.

I intend to start the thread next weekend (July 16th - 17th). Please let me know if you're interested in joining so I can do some more planning, and feel free to ask questions or offer any suggestions below. Thanks for reading!

I'm tagging people below who I think may have some interest in the idea, but it's not intended to be exclusive by any means.

Mig Gred Mig Gred | Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta | Izah'zore | Liram Angellus Liram Angellus | ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar | Ari Naldax Ari Naldax

I'm willing to join as piracy opposition if so wish.
Sounds good! My pirate character ( Lofdrrl Lofdrrl ) will be there too, probably as an ally of yours (unless you want to fight him). If you want, feel free to grab any ships from CorelliSpace for your character's forces.

Could be fun. Not just in the sense of Fleeting but also because the Consortium could use this ship for themselves.

Think I'll have to show up with a boarding party.

I'm planning on keeping this pretty open-ended with no set plan, so it's entirely within the realm of possibility that the HSC takes the Vagabond in the end. But there's no guarantee of that (especially if everyone just tries to destroy it).

But I am planning on making a participation factory sub for everyone who's involved, and there should be plenty of pirate NPC ships to take if you absolutely want to end up with a few extra ships out of the deal (They'll be CorelliSpace ships of some sort).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom