Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At The Stake.

Since you were kind enough to offer me some truth.

My only issue that i have is that at times you seem rather full of yourself in your writings. I'm sure this is just a natural IC response to character growth, but sometimes it can be rather off-putting, both in OOC threads where you maintain an IC presence and in IC threads themselves. There are a few people who share in this, and I'm sure I'm guilty of it myself given that i have the ego the size of a garbage truck. It's something to watch out for :)

It is the critique that i can think of, you're a great writer and very fun to thread with.

[member="Darth Vitium"]
I've only RP'ed with you once, but I have seen you regularly around the forums just like everyone has :p

My only critique I could reasonably give from my experience is the same as [member="Soliael Devin Talith"].

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Pros:
  • Excellent choice of Avatar, The Sexy
  • Great taste in media and Sigs
  • Factory Judge kudos
  • Active OOC and remarkably constructive poster
  • GIFs. So much yes. Moar GIFS plz.
  • Helps everybody, all the time.
Cons:
  • The easiest person to trick into an argument EVA'. :p

[member="Darth Vitium"]

You're an excellent person and writer, it's why I pushed for you personally and wanted you groomed as a potential Staff Member. I do this often with new members - Codex and Factory Judge roles are where we look first for leaders in the community. But lately I've seen a lack in humility and humbleness... it just seems like you rose in popularity too fast, too suddenly.

It's understandable, I've seen a lot of people do way worse with what you have, but I'm still rooting for you to tone down the smugness OOC and turn up the heat IC and in your Factory Judge duties. You've got real potential, but like some (Soliael) you're so self-aware of this facet that it becomes off-putting.

Tefka said:
but like some (Soliael)
WmMFSMi.gif

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Pretty much the same as everyone else has said.

You're really smart and you can really be helpful when other people aren't. But then you sort of take this transcendental attitude most of the time and it makes me conflicted with my thoughts about you. I think you're a nice person at heart, but you don't come off that way very often.

It's OK, though. We all have to work on things, and I'm 100% sure there's something that could be said about me that isn't the most flattering.

Tefka said:
But lately I've seen a lack in humility and humbleness...
I have noticed this as well and am not entirely sure when/how it happened. Have tried to change it, and I attribute it mostly to work related stress and my desire to be acknowledged rather than put down (I have a boss who has.. issues.. ) so I take it out on everyone else. That's a real-life flaw, something I can't seem to change, though, so I guess I'll be stuck with that glaring crack in my glass, so to speak.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Darth Vitium said:
This is an issue I have in real life as well. Sort of feeds into that boss issue mentioned above.
Lol. I know what you mean. There was one week where you said you hurt yourself and I was sad. Then, you proceeded that week to absolutely eviscerate other writers in a few discussions. Just, totally wreck them. Haha. ...So I was like: "Somebodies on pain pills." Lol. :p

In truth, I'll say what works best for me. Sleep on it. ...If you see a post that you really-really-really want to eviscerate somebody on? Even if you are right? ...Sleep on it. You can always slap them around with Internet Justice tomorrow. Ya know. If you still care by that point or the conversation hasn't moved on by 100 posts.

Worked wonders for me personally. :D

chrisgelderd

Half Bond, Half Bean.
[member="Darth Vitium"]

I've managed to write with you just once and haven't really had much interaction with you, so here's a little feedback:

- You're rubbish. (What? You asked it to be negative?!)

:D

Jest.

Seriously however:

- I think your dedication to the community is brilliant, and while sometimes it can be hard to guise if there is a great amount of wry sarcasm behind certain posts, I love how you are always there to help others and provide information with many questions that are asked, and that confidence as an established member shines.

- Your thought in your writing style is very interesting to read, and I love the effort you put into the character, to create all the thoughts, feelings and emotions needed to understand you. I hope to experience more writing with you in time as I think you really understand good RP writing and forging relationships in the community.

Jay Scott Clark said:
Lol. I know what you mean. There was one week where you said you hurt yourself and I was sad. Then, you proceeded that week to absolutely eviscerate other writers in a few discussions. Just, totally wreck them. Haha. ...So I was like: "Somebodies on pain pills." Lol. :p

In truth, I'll say what works best for me. Sleep on it. ...If you see a post that you really-really-really want to eviscerate somebody on? Even if you are right? ...Sleep on it. You can always slap them around with Internet Justice tomorrow. Ya know. If you still care by that point or the conversation hasn't moved on by 100 posts.

Worked wonders for me personally. :D
Man, this is my personal advice to anyone if they are having issues. Don't make a decision until you sleep on it. It's the best way to deal with things and really does help (I should do this more often).

[member="Darth Vitium"]: I have noticed that there are certain situations where you are very almost bubbly to people and then, at the another time, almost combative or cold in your responses to individuals. I think you blame this on your style of writing...which makes sense. I don't think this has to do with any particular person but more reflects your mood at the time. And don't worry, you're not the only person who does this (I think I did it to [member="Jay Scott Clark"] at Manaan, sorry broseph). In fact, I think everyone is this way BUT...I think you are way more active than most, especially in the factory, so it has more opportunity to show itself.

I think you are a fantastic writer. I do think you have a high opinion of your character, but I have one of mine as well. I'm sure most people do. Either way, I'm mostly sad cause I think it would be fun to have Vitium and Rev interact beyond the slaying of a certain traitorous Sith that shant be named.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Darth Vitium said:
The timing for it didn't quite help either.
No yeah. Sorry, bad joke. I only saw your interior world through the filter of the Internet. .01% of it. My bad.

Again, you're great. We all think you're great. And I hope you understand that the effort I put into my feedback is just a reflection of how hard I want you to succeed in everything you do. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom