Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Are You Serys-ious?

Are you Serys-ious?

Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys

Listening to Amani explain her condition, Mi'la was utterly fascinated. If she was Master Sakadi, this would have turned into a stern scowl of disapproval, with a pointed raising of the eye brow, and the self esteem shattering glance of shame. Thankfully, she was not the Grand Grump of the order. "Curious... I had no idea..." There was a hole in her force studies it seemed, a study that Mi'la was going to have to focus on more intently in the near future.

What caught her however, was hearing that Amani's hand was gifted to her by a Sith Lord, that got a startled glance from Mi'la, though she reasoned shortly after that it made sense. Where else could you get a Sith alchemical arm after all? Certainly not a store. "Well, there goes that idea." She mused, not seriously considering going after a Sith Lord to get an arm, but she'd be lying if she said it hadn't lingered for a minute.

Regardless, Amani had a suggestion for her to go after, seemingly safer than trying to get a Sith to gift her an arm that wouldn't destroy her way of life. "Yea, probably wouldn't be best to test that no? Honestly, red was never my color. Always preferred blue and purple, even a little bit of green now and again." She snickered, waving the notion away. "But if you had some references, I'd love to check them out, would be nice to be back to being flesh and blood."

Things were certainly looking up for her now.

"Sure, I can make a list and send it to you. Once you decide on one just message me back, and I'll let them know," Already Amani was pulling out a personal datapad and scrolling through a selection of contacts. "Kaminoans are arguably the best, although they're a bit hard to work with in my opinion. Ithorians have some really great natural healers, although I'm maybe a bit biased. One of my tutors was Ithorian," She shrugged. "Still, can't go wrong with any of 'em, I think. You'll have some time to think it over."

People have been capable of synthetically regrowing limbs since the Old Republic. But the question was always one of accessibility and cost. Mechanical limbs were always a bit better in both senses, and arguably came with more potential uses (Sith alchemical variants aside). But Amani was of a similar mind as Mi'la, that mechanical parts simply couldn't replicate the natural, tangible aspects of a genuine organic limb.

"How was the caf?"

Are you Serys-ious?

Listening to Amani's list of recommendations, Mi'la was taking in as much information that she was being told. Clearly she had several stops to make once she finished up with Amani, including a potential healing lesson with an Ithorian. There was always something to do now a days it appeared. "I think I need more teachers honestly. I spent so much time trying to train myself, but I think I need to try and find others to help me out there." She sighed, her Lekku's coiling around her neck. Sakadi had taught her a few mental tricks with mind trick, but she didn't really have a good idea of where else to go for more learning. Lightsaber combat she felt content on, her own master's techniques were known to her, but as for Force abilities, well, she felt she was reaching a dead end with her progression. "But I apperciate the listings, probably going to have to scrap up some credits before then, but, needs to be done, no?"

Smiling as Amani asked her about her drink, Mi'la shrugged. "It was alright, haven't had one in a long time honestly. All the flying around I do usually sets me on world that can hardly support speeders. How was yours?" She asked, her mind wandering to when the next time they'd be able to meet.

“A Jedi always has to be learning, right?” Or something like that. But it’s true that the training never actually ended. There was always another thing to learn, another way to grow. Especially when it came to the Force.

“Lab-grown body parts do not come free. That’s the unfortunate truth,” Except in her case, where she technically did get it for free. But the flow of economics was something she simply couldn’t help. Well, she could at least soften the blow, “Some of them I might be able to pull a few strings and you a cheaper price, or something. Dunno who all, or by how much, but it won’t hurt to try.”

Amani shrugged as Mi’la brought the question back to her, “About as tolerable as any of the drinks they make here,” She swung her head back to face the bartender, knowing full well that he would have heard her little joke. The mirialan smirked, and he smirked back, evidently in on the little back-and-forth. “It was good. And even if it weren’t, I still got the energy boost I needed.” Another smirk as she turned back to Mi’la.

Her datapad pinged, and Amani gave the device a double take as she read the information displayed, “Ohh, c’mon! I specifically told her not to use that!” The healer stood up and collected her things. “Guess I need to be heading back soon. One of the nurses tried to give the wrong medicine to a Duros patient.” She quickly clarified, “It’s not lethal, but if I don’t fix this his face is gonna swell up like a balloon for a week.”

“I guess I’ll uh, see you around?”

Are you Serys-ious?

"That's what they say, but I've talked with a few masters, I don't think they've learned a thing in years." She mused, pondering how many of them stepped outside the temple at all these days.

She was flattered by Amani's offer to get her a new arm, something she couldn't even begin to think of how to repay it. "Oh, you wouldn't have to Amani, I couldn't possibly..." She trailed off, feeling like she couldn't really find an argument against it. She had spent months selling produce on various farming worlds after all, she wasn't exactly rolling in credits.

She nodded in agreement with Amani's conclusion, a little energy boost went a long way. Mi'la had never been a fan of alcohol in the slightest. Caf was a much better alternative in her mind. When the Mirialan's datapad went off, Mi'la knew it was the Force at work telling the pair to conclude their talk, and that she would do. Seeing Amani moving to collect her things, Mi'la followed in kind. "Nurse Amani is always on call I suppose, better let you head back so you can save the day." She smiled, moving to collect a handful of credits from her bag. She was rather glad she never took up working in a medical office, much prefered the company of silent ruined buildings and ghosts.

At Amani asking if she'd see her around, Mi'la nodded. "I think we will, hopefully sooner rather than later. Take care of yourself, Amani." Mi'la waved with her one good hand, rather content with how this meeting had gone down. Perhaps she needed to reconnect more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom