Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Are You Serys-ious?

Are you Serys-ious?
felucia-history-1-retina_fec2ad29.jpeg

Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys

Coming in for a landing, Mi'la had to ponder how much longer she'd have to stay confined to her starfighter. The N-Wing was nice of course, but the sores on would get from having to stay in that cockpit for hours on end? Ugh. Even when she was sleeping or in a trace, it was still unpleasant to deal with. Sadly, credits were not something she could count on flowing freely right now, and truth be told, Mi'la couldn't see a reality in which her credits would be worth much in today's galatic economy; especially with spaceships. With the Jabberwocky touching down, she began to climb out of her ship, shedding her flight suit as some crewman began to try and swindle her for even more unneeded repairs. Waving him off, she insisted on keeping to a simple refueling, and nothing else.

Clad in a more comfortable attire now, she locked her ship, and collected up her damaged cybernetic arm. Bracing for the worst, she began towards the nearest medical center, knowing all too well what it was going to cost to repair her damaged limb. She really, really, really wasn't looking forward to paying for a new one, but she wasn't fond of being limited to one arm for the foreseeable future either.

In a way, it was her own fault. She never should have shoved her arm down that rancor's throat.

Amani had not originally planned to be on Yitabo for long. In fact, she'd hardly planned to be here at all, save for a quick stop to trade, refuel, and be on her way. But as fate would have it, the local region was depressingly short-staffed on medical personnel, and she was unable to keep to her own business. With her schedule cleared for the near future, Amani could at least help manage the current influx of cases they were currently dealing with.

Itinerant healer wasn't her most consistent line of work, but it was always quite the blessing for whoever was in need of help.

Outside of the medcenter, she had been in the middle of a minor debate with a Saurin nurse over a batch of meds, when the distant silhouette of a lavender-skinned Twi'lek caught her eye. There weren't many of those; Amani couldn't help but be a little curious. Their conversation faded, and the nurse begrudgingly walked off with the med supply in tow.

"...Mi'la?!" The mirialan called out to the figure. She waved her over, reasonably confident she had the right Twi'lek. The question being, would Mi'la even recognize her? They'd had classes together, sure, but it had been years since they'd so much as been on the same planet. Probably.

It was always the strangest places that she seemed to meet familiar faces.

Are you Serys-ious?

Mi'la tried to work out the math for how much she'd have to pay for her arm to be fixed. She hoped it wasn't a lot, but frankly, well it sure seemed it would be. Mi'la wasn't exactly swimming in credits, frankly she wasn't sure how she could keep this up. Odd jobs weren't going to be enough to keep herself afloat for another two months. She needed to find something more consistent than this. She had just gotten towards the medical center, when a voice caught her attention, and the Twi'lek was brought to a halt.

Glancing about, she initally didn't catch it, until she saw a Mirialan woman waving her over, then it clicked. Her eyes widened, as familiarity came over her. She hadn't seen that face in sometime, especially not with that hair. Smiling, Mi'la moved towards the woman, the name coming back to her now. "Amani? Amani, is that you?" She tried to think back to when she had last seen the woman, had it been Taris? Or Kashyyyk? She couldn't remember, but what she did remember, was that she had nothing but good memories of the woman. They had both been padawans then, and hearing what she last heard about the woman hadn't helped with how low Mi'la had been brought by her own personal tragedies. Moving to meet the woman, Mi'la had seemed to have found her distraction for today. "It's so good to see you again, and you look great! I mean, when I heard-" She stopped, shaking her head as bringing up a painful past wouldn't do no good. "How have you been?"

Out of all the places to run into her here, had to be this little backwater didn't it? The force certainly moved in strange ways.

Amani silently congratulated herself on correctly deducing the Twi'lek's identity. She met Mi'la halfway with a pleasant smile. The almost-mention of past events had not gone unnoticed, but the Mirialan made no indication of this; Her sensitivity to the subject had simply faded over lots of time and introspection. "Hey! I- yeah, thanks! It's great to see you, too!"

Piecing together thoughts was a bit of a hassle, as she was still reeling from the surprise of seeing an old classmate. Amani would have been more surprised, but this was actually not the first time a seemingly random time and location had brought her together with a familiar face. The Force continues to work its magic in strange ways.

"I'm… better," She admitted, alluding to the less than perfect years since they had last spoken; But still, there was no dour note in her voice. "Been doing a lot of this," She paused, then realized a bit of clarification was needed, "Medical outreach stuff, that is. It's kept me busy for the most part."

"What about you? It feels like it's been forever."

Are you Serys-ious?

It was rather nice to see someone, especially another fellow jedi after her time away from the order. Truthfully, Mi'la couldn't recall when she last went to Kashyyyk. It had been a while clearly, but she didn't feel she needed to go anyways. She couldn't contain the smile that spread across her face, eyes studying over Amani, trying to figure out what the woman was doing here, something that the Mirialan had informed her of not long after their exchange.

It was rather nice to hear that Amani had been doing better, heck, everyone was doing better. Sort of, in their own way. It seemed Amani had taken herself to becoming a healer, which was amusing to Mi'la, as she was looking for healing at current. "That's great! You always had a gift for that sort of thing!" Though as the question turned to her, Mi'la's smile dimmed just a tad, though she had been making progress in the last few months. "Well, erm, I got promoted to knight, and sorta...went away. I spent a long time in the Unknown Regions, finding myself. Just-" She motioned with her stump, cybernetic arm hanging from the bag on her hip. "I mean, after what happened, I just tried to find my purpose again, and I think I have. Like, so many places you wouldn't believe and-" She stopped, realizing she was going on. "It's a long story, honestly. I was just coming to have my arm serviced but, if you aren't busy, we can get a drink, catch up, I mean, if you'd like." Her smile returned, her tone remaining upbeat and chipper as best she could.

She wasn't sure how many people knew what happened to her.

Amani gave a demure shrug at the compliment on her gifts. Healing was the one thing she had always strove for, and always excelled at. It was the only natural evolution of things.

It was hard to hide a bit of a frown as Mi’la gestured to her lack of an arm; It was something she could commiserate on, even if it didn't exactly look that way on the Mirialan. She shook her head as Mi’la seemed to feel she was running on, “That’s good, though. I did a bit of that myself over the last few years.” Amani smiled, “I’d love to. Should be clear for the rest of the day, just had to talk one of the nurses into getting rid of a med batch.” She laughed a bit, then gestured past the clinic.

“There’s a cantina pretty close to here. Don’t worry, it’s not too seedy or anything.” Another laugh.

Are you Serys-ious?

Mi'la's energy perked at hearing Amani was fine to stay for a bit, which meant Mi'la now had something to do other than glance at her notes. Though Amani's smile put her at ease. It was nice to just have things be easy like this, especially with no overly complicated danger looming in the background. "Well, seems we have a bit to talk about then." Nodding as Amani motioned to the clinic, Mi'la glanced down at her bag, unsure where she could go and have it dealt with. "I was gonna drop this arm off, was expecting it to take a bit, so that leaves plenty of time for us two old ladies to talk."

At the mention of seedy cantinas, Mi'la snickered to herself, taking the bag off her shoulder and moving past Amani to drop it off. "Oh, don't even get me started, one time on Nar Shaddaa, I mean, I can tell you about it here in a bit." She tapped the side of her head for emphasis. That Rhea lady had nearly gotten her killed. Having dealt with her little exchange, she returned to Amani, one armed as ever, but ready to start delving into the, erm, somewhat not so bad times of the past. "Alright, lead on, haven't done the one arm routine in a bit." Mi'la mused, trying not to think of how badly it had gone the last time she tried this.

Amani laughed back, "Any story that starts on Nar Shaddaa is bound to be interesting," Thankfully, business had not driven her back to that moon in a long time. She waited for Mi'la to get through her business with the arm, then led her on a short walk just a few buildings over. "So what brings you out here, anyway? Anything in particular?" Evidently she had some work to be done with the arm, but the agriworld Yatibo wasn't exactly a bustling center of travel.

The cantina itself was relatively small, but always seemed to have a healthy occupancy, seeing as it was the only real watering hole in the spaceport. Not grungy, as Amani had assured, but not a lavish establishment either. More homely, like it were hand-crafted by the owner with more love than expertise. She pushed in the old-fashioned saloon door with her back, and kept it open for Mi'la.

Are you Serys-ious?

Mi’la kept pace with Amani, all to happy to entertain her fellow Jedi. “Well, I needed fuel, and I’ve been bouncing around from system to system trying to follow my sense.” She explained, unsure how she could have it all make sense, but she wanted to try. “I spent a long time out in the Unknown Regions. There’s this force sensitive planet out there, and I stayed on it for….well I honestly don’t know. Anyways, it helped me sort myself out. I got told that to become the Jedi I need to be, I need to make connections. So, I figured if I fly to all these planets, that’ll be the best way to do it.” She explained as best she could, though Mi’la knew that her story was a bit insane if one thought about it.

Seeing the dainty cantina was nice, as she had been in her fair share of rough places before. “Yea, so, Nar Shaddaa? I met up with this woman Rhea, and she nearly got me killed. Fool tried to pick a fight with a Gendai.” She said with a bit of disbelief, as she nodded to Amani as they entered the establishment. Looking back to the green skinned woman, she smiled. “Well your the local girl, where should we get set up?”

Truthfully, Mi’la just hated having to make decisions like this.

Amani nodded, "Well, connections are pretty useful in any field. I've made a lot more since I split off from the Order. Kinda the same method as you, actually." Perhaps a bit more method to her own madness, but nonetheless it was the life of a drifter.

The healer whistled at the mention of a Gen'Dai, "Why would anyone want to do that?" She'd never actually met one herself, but stories she had heard about the worst of them were enough to make the thought unenthusiastic.

"I dunno about 'local', but…" She chuckled and took a moment to scan the room, before pointing to a table in the far corner, "There." Amani led the way, sliding into her chosen seat and gesturing for Mi'la to do the same. "How's this?"

Are you Serys-ious?

It seemed the pair had strayed down a similar street in their spiritual journey. It was funny to Mi'la that they had both gone off in that route, trying to find their own path forward by looking for it anywhere but within the order. In a way, it made sense. Despite what people thought, the jedi certainly did not have any answers. On the Gen'dai story, Mi'la could only shrug. "Hell if I know, they nearly got us killed." She still didn't know what became of that woman, and at this point, she believed she never would.

Seeing the space being pointed out, Mi'la gave a short nod in agreement. She really wasn't very picky about this type of thing. "That'll be fine, long as I can get a coffee with extra sugar and cream, all will be well." She chimed, taking a seat across from Amani, rather happy she wasn't having to fight with a bunch of nutcases or duel with some Sith Lord over a volcano.

Amani smiled, “I’m sure they’re good for it,” She nodded at a gentle giant clad in a barkeep’s apron; The owner of the establishment, one would assume, who nodded back as he worked to finish the order from another group of his patrons.

The mirialan yawned, “Soooo, Gen’dai fights on Nar Shaddaa aside, what has Mi’la been up to for the last…” She blew a strand of hair out of her face, calculating the span of time, “...three years? It’s not four now, is it?” It didn’t matter. Amani reclined in her seat, taking the rare occasion to drop her posture, and indulge in a bit of laziness.

Are you Serys-ious?

Returning the woman's smile, Mi'la leaned forward on her one good arm, as the pair waited to be serviced. She could only wonder the sorts of things that Amani had been up to, what she might have done, it had to be better than whatever the hell she was up to.

Shrugging at the Gen'dai comment, Mi'la's mind began to wonder onto what all she had done. "I think four years, erm, it's been alot honestly. Lost my connection to the Force, wandered around space...I lived on a planet of mushrooms for over a year. That was something." Mi'la said as if it was the most casual thing to bring up, waving her hand as to dismiss it. "I...don't know, alot of things really. Frankly, I haven't felt this good in a long, long time." She nodded, unlike Amani, Mi'la was invested in talking, as the knight leaned onto the table in a rather drawn fashion. "I can only imagine what trouble you've gotten yourself into."

To be fair, Mi'la was certain they had both gotten into a bit of a spot now and again.

Amani whistled low, “Well aside from the mushroom planet, not too different honestly,” Force dysfunction was a bit more epidemic than she had realized.

“Let’s see… I fought pirates… I fought witches… I fought anarchists… I fought Sith…” She strained to think of what else she had gotten into over the last few years, then shrugged, “Y’know for someone who fancies themself a pacifist, I sure end up finding myself in a lot of fights.” There was a laugh that started with amusement, but ended with a tired sigh.

Around then, the man she had noted earlier came by and asked for their orders. Amani blinked, “Just a caf for me. Black.” She used to like a lot more extra with her coffee, but after spending three years on planets that were almost always light on luxury, she had become accustomed to just making do. Both her and the waiter turned their sights towards Mi’la now.

Last edited:

Are you Serys-ious?

Listening intently to Amani’s words, Mi’la pondered what the woman had undergone. It sounded like she had done far more work than herself, though not all of Mi’la’s ventures involved fighting, how many people has she truest been able to help? Probably not as many as Amani here.

Was just a reminder that perhaps she needed to step up. “Well I mean, you should try and defend yourself. Else you’ll end up like me.” She chuckled, waving her stump as a jest.

Probably not a great joke, but Mi’la had long since accepted her injuries.

As the server came to their table, Mi’la waited for Amani before ordering her own drink. “Caf, but with crème and extra sugar. Like a lot of sugar, please.” She smiled politely as the server left, and looked back to Amani as her smile faded. “You…haven’t seen Master Sakadi at all, have you?”

She probably shouldn’t have been asking. The Selphi probably could hear her from Lothal right now.

"Master Sakadi? Sorry, can't say I have." Amani remembered the Sephi, although all things considered, had been relatively light on interactions with her prior to leaving, "I really haven't gotten into contact with hardly anyone since I left…" She frowned. As eye-opening as seeing the galaxy had been, the camaraderie she had felt among her Silver Jedi friends had yet to be replicated.

Her initial sadness quickly reverted, though, as she continued her line of thought, "There have been a few though, actually. Let's see, well, you for starters," A laugh, "Uhhh I met Okkeus. Not sure if you know him. He wasn't in our classes, he was already a knight when we were there. But he's cool."

"Or… Kyra? Did you know Kyra? Saw her a while back, too. That was nice."
She steepled her fingers and hummed in thought. This conversation was bringing to light something that Amani had not really taken into consideration, "To be honest, you and I never really got much chance to talk, outside of classes or missions, huh?" She had just been so excited about seeing someone familiar, that it hadn't struck until now that she didn't so much as know who all they were mutually acquainted with.

"Why do you ask about Sakadi?"

Are you Serys-ious?

Amani's comment deflated the woman's confidence for a moment. She really needed to get over this hurdle. She couldn't avoid her master forever, she had to face it. "That makes two of us." She admitted, she had been avoiding certain planets for the reason alone. There was a wave of sadness that seemed to wash over the pair, but the comfort of having the woman near by stalled that. It was nice to be among friends again.

She managed a smile as Amani spoke of the others, some she knew, though she was certain that there were many more she did not. "No, I've met both of them actually, Kyra, I think was on Yavin and....Okkeus I think helped me with nailing a technique some time ago." She nodded, Lekku curling as she was certain of her thoughts. She shrugged a tad as Amani commented that they themselves hadn't talked much, and that was certainly true. Aside from a class and a mission, there was little to pull from, yet Amani lingered in Mi'la's mind. Perhaps because she saw her own struggles within the Mirialan's tale. "No, but I regretted that. Everyone felt so loud, so...out there. I never really made any friends. You were reserved though, and smart and stuff from what I remembered. I liked that, wish we could have done more together, but we aren't padawans anymore." The smile she wore now was not one of happiness, but of acceptance.

Until Sakadi was brought up, then it faded. "Erm...she was my master you know? I...left. I didn't tell her where, or why, I just left. So, I wasn't sure what happened to her, or where or-" She stopped, rubbing her missing arm as if it was still there; such a bad habit she had of doing that. Her head-tails curled defensively in the process. "We didn't leave on great terms."

Amani shrugged at the compliments. She almost found her once-intense devotion to study to be a bit embarrassing now. It was just another victim of her ideological swerve; From someone who was unquestioningly loyal to the Jedi Code, to someone who regarded that same level of dogmatism with great skepticism.

“Well, we’re doing stuff now. Don’t have to be padawans for that,” She offered with a smile. They may not be classmates anymore, but that didn’t mean any attempts at friendship were suddenly a ship sailed.

The tone changed as the topic rounded back to the Jedi master, and Amani shifted a little awkwardly, “Oh. I’m sorry.” The mirialan had probably burned a few bridges with her little jaunt down the dark side. Frankly, she hadn’t really stuck around long enough to find out just who all she had pissed off, but she assumed the worst.

“You could always try to… reach out?” Amani suggested, even if the look on her face was one of uncertainty. “It can be pretty awkward, but… If you want to build that back up again, somebody has to be the first one to offer.” Frustratingly, you couldn’t always tell when the other person was even interested or not. It made it easy to give up on the idea. But since they couldn’t very well time travel back to undo the problem, the only option was to press forward in the here and now.

Damn. Should’ve said that part out loud.

“...Feel like that might have fixed a lot of my own problems…” Amani shook her head, refusing to let her concerns take the limelight, “Do you… wanna talk about it?” She left the option open, but gave no pressure regardless.

Are you Serys-ious?

Mi'la's smile lingered for just a second longer with Amani's comment. "Yea, I'd like that. Can never have too many friends, right?" She asked, already knowing the answer to that question. Though when Amani seemed to react to her story about her master, Mi'la began to ponder if she should have just excluded the story from conversation. Everyone always ended up getting upset from it. "Don't be sorry, just, it happens I suppose." She tried to rationalize it, but truth of the matter was Sakadi hurt her. Intentionally or not, she...idealized the woman so highly, and in the end, she had fallen so short of her ideals.

In that regard, Mi'la felt herself a failure, though in a sense she felt that wasn't true. But it lingered within her like a parasite. "I don't know if I should, or if she even would accept me back. My...my force connection, who I am? It's...changed. Or, I have at least. I don't know." She waved her lone hand dismissively, right as their drink order arrived. Managing a small thanks and smile, Mi'la took her drink with her lone hand, eyes looking to the cream that had formed at the surface. Amani offered to talk about it, and Mi'la very much did.

She didn't share her...story with many anymore. Perhaps, just this once, it would actually do some good. "Not at all, just....I was captured by a Sith several years ago, tortured, and...." She halted, her gaze staring hard at the drink in her hand. Long hours, kept in chains, beaten, poisoned, mind racked with horrific images. She closed her eyes, and sighed, forcing the pain and visions away. "It was two weeks under her. I...the Force left me. Sakadi, she, I think, she blamed herself for that." Mi'la shrugged, taking a sip, her eyes glancing up to Amani just a tad. "That time on that mushroom world? I learned that when I lost my connection, I had actually become a 'wound'. I don't really know what it means but, the way I use the Force has changed now. Sakadi didn't understand that, and she tried to help me reconnect but..." She trailed off again, shaking her head slowly as if trying to keep her feelings in check. "So, that's me."

She finished, her sad gaze looking to Amani, struggle to force a smile now.

Maybe she should start calling herself 'Mi'la the Mood Killer'. That seemed rather fitting right now.

Amani reached for her cup right away and took a sip to fill the awkward pause, definitely burning the tip of her tongue in the process. She put a great deal of effort into hiding the reactionary scowl, and simply listening to the story instead. It was a good thing the waiter returned before Mi’la had gotten into it, because it would’ve been a hell of a story to eavesdrop onto.

Sith sure knew how to ruin a good thing. The thought made her heart sink, a feeling which was only magnified by the secondhand guilt she carried. Amani had, after all, spent some time among the Sith Empire.

The wound explanation made sense, considering how Mi’la’s presence had registered. Amani smiled sadly, “Well, from what you’ve told me, it seems like she still cared,” At least from what she had been told, which obviously was not every little detail. It certainly wasn’t a simple problem, “The only way to move forward is an honest conversation between the two of you, I think.” Assuming that was what Mi'la wanted, anyway. “Your life doesn’t have to be split into two separate halves, if you don’t want it to be.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom