Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are You an Angel? [Silver Jedi Dominion of Iego]

Mark wondered what sorts of monsterous creatures they might encounter on the journey. Mark hadn't heavily studied the history or biology of Lego in his studies, but if there was any supposed extinct species returning, Mark was in. If he could collect samples of DNA, then he could study it and learn more about the animals.
Given that he had a few minutes, he moved back to his ship to prepare. He took off his flight jacket and replaced it with his usual, light tunic. Shades of dark brown in color, it would protect him from the elements whiles till allowing him to move freely. Grabbing a few containers to store samples in should he find any, he headed back to the group to ask [member="Connor Harrison"] more about the creatures they'd be up against.
(2)

Okay, enough waiting. Eenes pushed past [member="Kei Amadis"] and exited the ship, almost immediately stopping again to take in the surroundings. This place is beautiful.

She finally joined up with the other Jedi, just in time to hear Grandmaster Heavenshield's speech and Connor's call for volunteers. Combat wasn't her primary focus, but it was certainly higher than diplomacy. Besides, making an impression on the leader of your division is always a plus. She approached him at the edge of the crowd. "Shimmer, ready to serve."

[2]​

As Xieza approached the area where everyone else was, he overheard Grandmaster [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] tell [member="Connor Harrison"] that he is in charge of security. Xieza stood by and listened to the conversation. After it was over, he walked up to Conner to ask him if he could accompany him on the security mission.

"Master... Harrison, is it? I come to see if I can accompany and assist you on the security mission."

[member="Connor Harrison"] , [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] , [member="Gwrtheyrn"] , [member="Nagate Hei"] , [member="Coci Heavenshield"] , [member="Mark Sage"]

To'pau Namman

During our darkest moments, is when we must see th
[2]

To'pau watched as the doors of the ship which open, and out walked the Master of his Order, and his own Master. When he had been first apprenticed to her, there had not even been a hint of the belly that was to come. Now it was quite obvious to the naked eye, though To'pau knew that this did not hinder her very much, if at all. 'I am very fortunate to be apart of an Order such as this, with such a noble mission. And of course, he was equally as fortunate to have such a good master.

As he watched the Diathim Emissaries greet Thurion, he couldn't help but attempt to listen into the conversation, despite himself. He couldn't help but watch the Maelibi people, and compare them to the Diathim who were their supposed counterparts. No one could deny the Maelibi or the Diathim were indeed aptly named. Angels and Demons. About as beautiful, and just about as deadly as their namesakes. He would be sure to do all he could to help these people in their time of need.

Finally, Thurion turned back to the crowd of various different Order members that had gathered there, and addressed them. He listened to what he had to say and nodded his head as a sign of agreement. As the rest of the Order members and the relief workers that had accompanied them on this trip spread out, and moved to begin their respective tasks; To'pau was left alone and unsure of what to do. 'Do I join my Master? or perhaps she my presence is not needed at this current time? I don't want to be a burden...What should I do? What should I do?' He thought to himself. Finally, he mustered up his courage and slithered into place next to his Master. He would accompany her wherever she went unless instructed otherwise. He hoped he wasn't doing anything he wasn't supposed to be doing.

[SIZE=12pt]Mark Sage[/SIZE] | Connor Harrison | Taiden Keth | Nagate Hei | Eenes Kokad | Serana | Kei Amadis | Gwrtheyrn [SIZE=12pt]| Thurion Heavenshield[/SIZE]

[member="Mark Sage"] [member="Xieza Blade"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

Serana listened and heard what was happening as she moved to go with the master and join him in the creatures. Her head turning back to pull away her robes a little and let the flaps open as she shook her head turning back around and speaking. "Master Harrison if you do not mind I would like to come along with you." She saw him gearing up and there was a smile on her face now while she moved to stand in a more open area. Her wings extending to stretch while hovering a training saber near her mouth and biting it like a bit. The padawan let her grin remain while she stepped back pulling her wings back in and noticed the others around but swished her tail in joy at this. They were a good team from the looks of it all.

tumblr_inline_mm3aavB3gF1rhdmab.gif

[3]

Purple atmosphere gave the light a slightly darker look planetside, nothing too noticeable but it was there, and it took a moment for his eyes to adjust. Rolling valleys with dotted mountains greeted him. “Quite a ship isn’t she.” [member="Eenes Kokad"], Kei clapped his hands together, admiring the old piece of rusting metal behind him with a sense of oblivious pride.

@All “I’ll be forward making sure the area for the shelter is safe, can someone look into the negotiation's security.” Two places they needed to be sure were taken care of, he could try to cover both but not as well. With that he dusted off Kira, adjusting the power cell, checking the scope, and fixing the rifle securely on his back, he did the same with Unity, giving his saber the once over. All somewhat pointless as he’d done this on the journey, but old habits and all that.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] Taking the orders as an old soldier and now Jedi would, Kei would go ahead to recon the area to ensure the safety of everyone on the ground, as was his way, putting himself in a position to react should anyone need it. “Who is up for recon?” The large epicanthx grinned, rolling his shoulders around, and his neck side to side, breathing out the tension, Ease tension, the force around his immediate body and the energy of anyone nearby might feel relaxing, any muscles that were tense letting go, breathing perhaps easier.

Anyone who wanted to follow him was welcome, and given a grin. Moments later off he was across the surface, getting the lay of the land. The old sniper made for the high ground, his training taking over, and his steps were not slow, large strides, a march almost, old habits for anyone keeping up. He’d want somewhere he could survey the area for the shelter, and keep tabs to make sure everything went smoothly. Steps ascending him up higher, one large rolling valley below, his eyes remained watchful, training taking over.

Keeping this vague so I can put him where he needs to be, negotiations or helping with the building for example

Connor acknowledged the Padawans, [member="Mark Sage"], [member="Eenes Kokad"], [member="Xieza Blade"], all fresh-faced and eager, and actually ones he hadn’t met. And…a pony - [member="Serana "]? He couldn’t help smirk and shake his head at the beast that certainly had a majestic beauty about her. With a satisfied nod, he introduced himself.

”Thank you all, your eagerness is noted. I am aware we haven’t met before – you may know my name; Connor Harrison. Now, Master I may be, but it’s known to many I don’t play by all the rules because there’s no fun in that. You just call me Connor, it’s fine”

He smiled, hoping to make the others at ease who may be nervous or intimidated by a new face.

”Now I suspect in the tunnels we will come across the likes of beats native to the planet including the Xandu; winged beasts who will grab you with large talons and smash you into the rock.”

Looking past the group to where the Grandmaster and the others were assembled, Connor stepped forward and spoke a little quieter, looking across each of them.

”Be aware that the cultures here, the Diathim and Maelibi, may still want to shatter any peace we are trying to form here and they also could be out for blood. The Diathim are the angelic sirens of the galaxy and have been known to seduce beings with their hypnotic auras, so don’t let them inside your head. They will get in your head if you let them. The Maelibi are most commonly underground dwelling so we may encounter them, and they are vicious, strong and hostile and won’t hesitate to make sure we don’t achieve our goal.”

He let the warning hang over them. Even on planets as beautiful and full of hope as this, danger was always present and the Padawans couldn’t be under and false impression.

”But, this is just a warning. It doesn’t mean we will encounter all, if any, but you need to trust your senses and let the Force enhance your physical and mental strength. Be alert and don’t be afraid to stop if you see or feel anything. The Dark Side is never far away, so be vigilant and let me help you if you need it. I understand if you’d rather stay here and help with the building.”

With a satisfied nod, he turned to look out beyond the settlement.

”Any questions?”

If there were no questions, he would lead them on.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

"The locals said that these creatures were supposed to have been extinct for hundreds of years. Do we know which species there are besides the Xandu? It would be good to know what we're up against and if it would be possible to collect samples of organic materials from them. Might as well get all the good we can get out of this. " Mark asked, hoping that he didn't sound too nerdy. If there were actually extinct species down there, then they could have so much information to contribute to science.
[member="Connor Harrison"]
(3)

[SIZE=10.5pt]After the words of Gwrtheyrn son of Hyledd, Grand Master Heavenshield moved to order. It was clear the situation was direr than first anticipated, not only had they to discuss a unification between the two great races of Diathim and Maelibi but to rid them of a common ‘enemy’. Master Harrison would lead that mission with those up for the task and would succeed, of this she had no doubt. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Grand Master Heavenshield I would be delighted to lead the discussions”,[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] she gave a small smile as she took her hand gently caressing her “I will call you, I will always call for you”, she whispered and spoke privately telepathically with a voice gentle with love, today both stand together representing the Order and she will always give Thurion the respect of his station, and she moved away she gave the grand master a revered bow. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She turned to both of the delegates, “Lady Lyala and Ambassador Gwrtheyrn may we move to more conducive quarters to begin? If you are uncomfortable with the ship I would be more than happy to arrange other accommodation in which we can talk with ease of mind”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]To reassure the two emissaries, “We have come with many of our Order to help in what capacity needed to assist in bringing more security and peace to Iego, there is much work to be done for all parties and as you can see Jedi are already organising to move out. All you need do is tell us what you require to set up more structure and facilities. Grand Master Heavenshield will lead a team to begin construction of hospitals and infrastructure for mutual governance”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt](3)[/SIZE]

[member="Mark Sage"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Kei Amadis"] @Serana @To'pau Namman [member="Xieza Blade"] [member="Eenes Kokad"] and [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Finding a good spot higher up, Kei settled in for a long period of watching and waiting. The ex solider was careful to get a good lay of the land, to take in points of note or positions of weakness that might need to be covered. He was thorough when it came to those lives on the ground, he had always taken personal responsibility to keep them safe, and here his personal responsibility extended to civilian lives facing underground threats. Thankfully so far it looked like things were going smoothly, but you couldn’t let your guard down too far at a time like this.

Mission Assist [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] constructing the settlement.

Spotting the first of the transports unloading the Silver Jedi’s supplies, he was spurred on to act, to make a difference here for their lives, and so up and left his perch overlooking events. Taking anyone with him who was nearby, humble Kei Amadis? That'll be the day.

Kei had done his share of engineering and construction work no doubt in his republic and then AoL days, but they were military installations, these were civilian shelters and populations he was trying to setup. How did you begin to meet a subterranean race’s needs above ground, the first glaring thing that came to mind, was to deal with the constant sunlight, and to use underground shelters where possible, with easy access to surface areas so the Maelibi could meet the Diathim more easily and integrate.

Striding over, his thoughts continued. The problem with that approach was, any assault from the native Maelibi who were against this would come from underground most likely. So the settlement would need to be erected somewhere where the ground was dense, or slightly elevated, with hard fortifying minerals making tunnel up from underneath difficult and then reinforced to make it near impossible.

“No not there!” Kei called out to the lead driver waving his hands, and pointing out a nearby mountain range “we need harder ground, much harder.” He pulled out his holomap and laid it across the front of the speeder transport, gathering those around him who were arriving to the site and made his case. Hopefully he would reach Master [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] before things began to be setup and unloaded. Defense he could do with his background, but he wasn't big on the details after that, hopefully [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] had some plans for the workings of the colony or settlement, however he wanted to play the construction.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Objective: Help fend off wild predators

"Keep your man on edge, commander. Those predators look very hungry today." She told the commander, which looked a little scared. "You have two lightsabers at your side. There's nothing to fear. Let them fear us." She gave a reassuring nod, and she felt the man calmed down a bit. The word Jedi giving people hope, this feeling was the best. As she finished her instructions about what to do and how to do, she felt her Padawan was nearby, as brave and naive as ever. She gave a small nod and patted on her Padawan's shoulder and looked at his eyes, who looked brave and ready for action. "My padawan. Follow me." She called her Padawan to her side, as she moved quickly towards the tower which saw the area very clearly. At the top of the tower, she then turned to her Padawan again, and showed the predators looking directly at the camp they were staying right now, and by the Force, they looked pretty angry. "Taiden, what do you see there?" She asked, without showing any sign of fear or confusion.

Looking from the top, there were a lot of them. And if they were smart enough to attack in groups, they would be pretty outnumbered. But seeing the fire in her Padawan's eyes, she knew that she would count on him. And, this would be a great training for him to begin with, learn to fight in the battlefield. Not many Padawans had this luck. She smiled again, now she had him as a responsibility and she needed to show no weakness. Because weakness was like dominoes, starts from one, destroys everyone. Most of the Order were in the negotiations, and they were here, doing the fun thing. Well, unlucky them. The thought put a smile on her face.

[member="Taiden Keth"]

1​

To'pau Namman

During our darkest moments, is when we must see th
[3]
Coci Heavenshield: "We have come with many of our Order to help in what capacity needed to assist in bringing more security and peace to Iego, there is much work to be done for all parties and as you can see Jedi are already organising to move out. All you need do is tell us what you require to set up more structure and facilities. Grand Master Heavenshield will lead a team to begin construction of hospitals and infrastructure for mutual governance”.

He made no comment and was sure to avert both his eyes and his thoughts as his Master embraced Thurion Heavenshield, the Grand Master of their order. It was not his place to question the actions of his betters, and he would wait his turn until his Master specifically spoke to him, and/or asked something of him. He refocused his mind as his thoughts started to wonder back to the job at hand.

To'pau listened quietly as his Master spoke to the various different Diathim and Maelibi delegates that were to represent their respective species in the negotiations. It was quite a task and To'pau was unsure how he himself would react if he was ever forced into such a situation. He couldn't even imagine being put in that situation and he was perfectly fine with letting those who were wiser and more experienced handle the job of brokering what could be the rise and fall between two species. It was not a job he envied.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Objectives:
  • Aid the construction of shelter for the Maelibi community.
  • Establish a medical centre to care for any injured or sick Maelibi.
With everyone grouping up, Thurion saw no reason to not get started right away. As per [member="Kei Amadis"]' suggestion, they would need to find suitable land to begin constructions. If rival Maelibi were to attack, they would do so from underneath. There were other predators, of course, but these paled in comparison. There was a reason the Demons were the dominant species on Iego. As Kei laid out the plans, Thurion invited everyone in the immediate area to gather round. "He's right," he chimed in. "We need somewhere that's untouchable by conventional means." He gave it a ponder before continuing. "We'll build platforms, like the ones found on Kashyyyk. Keeps the community safe and sound above ground."

Thurion turned to the chief of construction. "We're gonna need the strongest support beams you can muster. Get started on the platforms while I set up the medical centre." He wouldn't need much to have it up; a set of tents to keep out the dust would do it, and they're large enough that both Diathim and Maelibi can walk in and out without trouble. With help from the locals setting up would take no time. Once the tents were up, medical supplies were brought inside, complete with stretchers, monitoring equipment, etc. Of course he was not the only healer or doctor at the scene, as medical staff moved in to start attending to any injuries or illnesses.

[4]

Objective: Help fend off wild predators

Smallest of smiles, holding a great deal of meaning, then a bow of his head to his Elder [member="Nima Tann"], eyes open at a level, he raised back up. Taiden’s steps were careful, considered but with purpose. An Echani language of motion, his spoke of calm consideration for where they were, but he followed with youthful spirit and enthusiasm for his role here. Though his face didn’t express often given his race, his body language did, and he took cue from his Master, direct with no confusion, that’s how he stood as well.

Approaching closer, what did he see? Taiden didn’t look at their appearance, he looked at how they moved, how they were standing, or acting. He saw hunger because of how they snapped at each other, more than that because of how they were resting and restless at the same time. The predators below looked like they were uncertain of who was leading them, if leading such a group was possible, it simply fell to who was the most dominant, of which there were three or four by their bearing and posture. It looked like they were competing for the attention of…

“I see three alpha males, one alpha female, they are hungry, there is little love between them, and they vie for her attention.” His silver glinting eyes had seen these things before leaving wodenstam, that thought actually had a wave of joy escaping her padawan, even if you’d never know it in how he stood, there was just the slightest easing of his muscles, family meant a lot to Taiden Keth.

“Do you wish for direct action or a ruse Master?” He understood his fortunate at learning to communicate as a Jedi would this early in his training, conflict is how his species communicated, duels deepened the understanding between two people gradually, dangerously so if repeated, until they knew each other on a level no other could. It was the same with a species on a more general level, and he was keen to know this one.

(5)​
[member="Nima Tann"]​

The question from young [member="Mark Sage"] was a good one, and he was clearly a thinker, in tune with the world around him.

”Padawan Sage, to be honest, I don't have a clue what we are up against. Maybe that's a bad thing, or maybe a good thing. Don't want to scare ourselves with something that could be nothing but a legend here.”

He turned to Mark and pondered.

”We will go ahead without intent to be hostile. We may only need to show our presence for any beasts to scatter, and we can seek for your samples if you wish. I am sure you could paint a better picture for us all with your findings, young one. Well done."

Connor gave a smile and sharp nod. He turned back to the others.

”Anything else before we head forward?”

[member="Eenes Kokad"] | [member="Xieza Blade"] | [member="Serana "]

Iego
Post 1/20
Allies: [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Xieza Blade"] [member="Gwrtheyrn"] [member="Nagate Hei"] [member="Serana "][member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Mark Sage"] [member="Taiden Keth"]

It was weird to say the least for Ana to be out here without most of her gear. The flamethrower, jetpack and most of her weapons had been left at home. There were still somethings of course that she couldn't bare not to bring with her so Ana had kept them on her person. If those were not the things getting her the stares she knew the other option was the pink armor was second. She was going off on a strange planet, there was no way that she wasn't going to wear it. Her helmet she at the very least had removed for the moment to better speak with the Jedi surrounding her.

The Rally Master always heavily relied on what she knew weapon wise and true grit strength. She used the force sparingly to save Vode when she had to though she rather stitch them up the old fashion way if there was time. There never was such time. Coming here was to help her grow within the Force not suppress it like she did. The visions she got from time to time would be useful if only she could understand them. This hopefully would assist in that either way the hunting trip would be fun. She wasn't one to back down from a fight. She had seen many of these Jedi before but her time was spent with her family most of the time. So, working with people she didn't know was different.

"I'll go with you," she nodded picking up her pack. His name was Connor, right? She had seen him before at the temple.

Mission: Building the Shelters with [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Kei nodded, "Grandmaster”, a broad grin, with a sense of relief that he’d been so receptive, and come up with a decent plan. He scratched the back of his neck, it showed a good sense of leadership. If it was possible he found he was wanting to get hands on more than usual to help. Picking up his map, then some tools, to load them up. Kei began carrying them and taking a load for some of the engineers as they moved their locations.

Sharing a joke the working men, the Epicanthx if he was honest, would always be one of the men, in this case one of the engineers, the laborers, when he could he would get right in the mud with them. He’d be right there with them when the pillars were going up, the force was going to be helpful of course! The Epicanthx had never used it to build before, that was a welcome change.

Plans were drawn up, debated, and he stood in the command tent listening, he wasn't an engineer but he could help in other ways. When construction started and droids, or machines moved the metal, he would steady it in the force when it needed it, making corrections as the engineers called for it.

After a short time, the ground metal sheeting, and the pillars were standing ready for first platform to be fitted, one of several he assumed. Kei had a mild sweat on, but it was good training in the control needed to adjust things so precisely, different to his usual brute force work with the force.

“Bit to the left, that’s it, that’s it hold it there, don’t shift it.” The construction manager ran the numbers, and calculated exactly where the supports would need to be set, the calculations had to be exact to ensure an even load.

“Got it.” Kei cleared his throat, and wiped his hand on his forehead, exerting a lot of force energy to shift each pillar even a short way, the large droids and other machines they'd brought did most of the work, but the small adjustments he was finding fitted easier when he used the force to adjust them.

(6)​
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]​

Gwrtheyrn listened attentively to the Lady Heavenshields words. To tell the truth the situation had an air of unreality about it. Nothing changed on Iego and indeed even time itself acted strangely on the planet. If age and time themselves could not touch his world then what hope did change and progress have to propagate in such a place?

But seemingly greater than either linear progression or entropy the forces of flux had pierced the barrier that warded the planets inhabitants from the laws of the universe. Gwrtheyrn was not naive enough to think that all the outcomes of this would be positive - he had seen after all the pollution and poverty that much of the galaxy lived in during his brief time abroad. There was also the terrible mechanical dolls that other sentients refereed to as droids. Those things were unnatural and they made Gwrtheyrn's carapace crawl even thinking about what evil they dreamed up in their clockwork un-brains.

But even with these perils cooperation with the Silver Jedi Order was preferable to what would follow otherwise. In the worst case the Darkside powers that had taken root in their planet would make life a living hell for the Maelibi or they would return to their old habits of hunting other races for food and sport. Gwrtheyrn would do his best to stop both and with a resolve stirred within he replied to Coci.

"Lady Heavenshield I am honored that you would ask our advice in the matter. However what my people know of architecture relates to solely to subterranean dwellings. In this matter I think it wiser to defer to your expertise. For the setting of our discussions the ship will be more than adequate. Having carried out some small measure of travel myself I am familiar with such vessels and can reside in them comfortably."

As Gwrtheyrn neared the ship he put words to a question that had been dogging his thoughts for some time.

"Excuse me for my abruptness Lady but I would ask of you a question. My people have been nothing but antagonistic and violent towards yours until now. Make no mistake I am immensely grateful for your efforts in assisting us but I can't help but wonder why you are doing so? Many have called us monsters and indeed given the behavior of my species that would not be far from the truth. Surely there would be little in the way of personal gain to be had for extending the hand of friendship and yet you do so anyway. I would know the reasoning behind your actions should you be willing to share it."

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Xieza looked towards Conner.

"Yes, master Harrison. How long will this mission take? I would like to know how much I should pack for supplies and I would like to know how long we will be gone from the rest of the group."

[member="Connor Harrison"] , [member="Mark Sage"] , [member="Serana "], [member="Anastasia Rade"] , [member="Eenes Kokad"]

Connor shifted to move forward but a female voice stopped them, and he turned to see one he knew of from the Temple, but had never really got to know after so long. He nodded and indicated for her to come over with his hand.

”Come along then. Ana…right? I’ve seen you around. Nice to meet you finally.”

He gave her a smile, and turned to [member="Xieza Blade"] when he fronted his question.

”Oh I would say…a day or two at the most. We’re not here to sightsee, we are here to clear the tunnels so I suspect a day for each section. One North of the grounds - ” he pointed behind them, and then ahead, ” – and South.”

Connor deliberated.

”Take what you need for three days – but don’t weigh yourself down. Water, basic nutrients and your lightsaber. That’s all you’d have if you were thrown into battle. The land will help you survive naturally with the Force as your ally. Don’t rely too much on material goods for a mission such as this as you will only delay yourself if you need to move quickly. And don’t worry about the rest of the group – even if we are here for 2 weeks, I will be with you and won’t go anywhere, ok?”

He slung his satchel around his back.

”Ok let’s make tracks – any other questions we can answer as we go. Eyes peeled, and keep your senses alert. And if anyone gets tired, Padawan Serana I’m sure will be happy to carry you along the way.”

He smiled to himself and waved them forward. He glanced at Ana and gave a small nod.

”I’ve seen you fight Ana, if you keep our six covered we’ll be just fine. ”

[member="Anastasia Rade"] | [member="Eenes Kokad"] | [member="Serana "] | [member="Mark Sage"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom