Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apocalypse...Not Quite Yet

[member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

"I do not expect it to be easy or old resentments to suddenly vanish within the blink of an eye. But you shall be granted emancipation if you help us, as I said. The planet I mentioned, Tygara, is very vast. Its people are fairly technologically underdevelopd and we have been mapping it. There's mountainous areas that could serve as a habitat for your people. I don't want to subjugate the natives, but I cannot rule out hostilities. Or foreign parties coming to the planet as pirates came to Kaeshana. If your people help as fighters, I will see to it that you get the equipment to defend yourself. Talon Saedaris will be my liaison to you."

Obviously she would not be giving them bolters, but slugthrowers and older blasters were on the cards. She gave the old Kar'zun a nod. "I would appreciate the location of this treasure. Thank you. Perhaps it can help save many lives. I will make sure it is saved."

This conversation, Elayne didn't feel like there was much she really could add to the conversation. She unfortunately didn't have the details that Siobhan did. Even she still felt so much out of the loop on this.

Then at her name, she nodded slowly. "I'll be more than happy to be able to assist between the Kar''zun and Firemane. Anything that will help make the transition easier for all. I could also help with training your people in the use of more modern weapons to prepare them for what is to come." It'd be a simple enough matter to help train them. At the same time making them incredibly useful to Firemane and the Eldorai together. Certainly will come in handy for all that is to come. At least that was what the redhead was thinking.

The redhead did glance to Siobhan at the mention of treasure, a little uncertain of that part of things. Personally she didn't want to take anything at all from the Kar'zun. They had it bad enough as is. But if it was going to burn anyway .... why let something like that go to waste.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Elayne Saedaris"]

By their very nature Kar'zun were not inclined to rash reaction. It was inaccurate to say that they were unmoving as stone or even devoid of emotion. Indeed, they could feel and love just as much as any Eldorai. There was also the fact that for centuries they had lived under an oppressive regime that at best tolerated them. Kar'zun live long lives and have long memories. Many still remembered a time when the Eldorai had used them as forced labourers.

Finally Nard'van spoke. "My people would be the strongest of allies to someone who gives them freedom and land. If we are treated as equals and not as pawns. We do not want much, but a chance to live our own lives free of the yoke. Be warned that I see many Eldorai will not take kindly to us accompanying them to this lost colony, but you are going out of your way to help us and for that you have our gratitude."

Having said this he glanced over to Elayne, his deep eyes never blinking as he looked at her. It was difficult to discern facial expressions in a Kar'zun but he seemed to soften a bit. "You are one of the few Eldorai I know to be a true friend of our people, so I gladly accept your offer. Our young love you." One of his large hands moved across the table and he passed what looked like an old datapad over. "There, these are the coordinates for the treasures. Long have we hidden them deep beneath the mountain. There was a time when they were supposed to be the source of rebirth by helping us rise against the Eldorai, but the time for that have passed. One of my scouts can take you there. Be warned, the majority of my people want peace, but some still sympathise with the Damned."

Elayne listened as Nard'van spoke. Glad the negotiations were going well. It was something the Eldorai needed but also the Kar'zun. If they were to survive and make it off Kaeshana as well, they needed the deal as much as the Eldorai needed it. Well perhaps moreso. And it would win them their own home, land and a place to call home and be left to their own devices without interference. It was a good life for them.

She then smiled brightly and bowed her head to the Kar'Zun leader, "Thank you." Spoken softly, "I'd be most honored to provide the help, and I too love the little ones. You all deserve a chance for a better life and if this helps provide it for you.... It's the very least I can do."

After he handed the datapad over, Elayne bowed her head slightly out of respect before she rose from her head, only waiting a moment for Siobhan to lead them out of the tent. For they needed to get to the treasure now, to see what it was about before they could do much more. She said little to Siobhan in this, feeling a need to stick to her training and duty. No need to get too familiar with Kerrigan. She thought silently to herself. Don't need to chat about everything in the world. Just need to get the job done and then we can focus on more ... enjoyable pleasures.

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"] [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

A few moments later a young-ish Kar’zun appeared. They carried a heavy warhammer and had a pistol at their side. The hammer alone was heavy enough that a human would have trouble swinging it, let alone using it in battle.
“Greetings, friend Elayne and friend Siobhan. I am Scout Isa’vark, a pleasure.”
For those who could tell, they’d see this was actually a female Kar’zun, though it was very hard to tell them apart.

“The Representative has given me instructions of where to take you. If you have a vehicle it will make it quicker, it is some thirty miles, and you may not wish to walk all that distance.”

[member="Elayne Saedaris"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

The sweet redheaded elf would feel a telepathic brush against her mind when they met the Kar'zun scout. You're very cute when you're being serious and professional, Siobhan said to her. Suffice to say the redhead would be getting an invitation to join Siobhan's harem. Later on we'll have a good time, but be on your guard now. I would not rule out some Kar'zun being less friendly than these here.

Siobhan had had very little exposure to the stone people before today and so she would be thoroughly unable to see that the one in front of them was a female. At the risk of sounding a bit racist, in her mind they were rather hard to tell apart! "Thank you for your help. We have a speeder aboard our ship. We can take that," she gave Elayne a nod.

"Thank you." She said politely to the scout. Feeling Siobhan brush against her mind, drew a shiver from Elayne. That certainly was not something she was used to. Oddly enough, it wasn't a skill she was gifted in, and could not return the communication. Though, she gave a soft smile and a nod of understanding.

Following alongside Siobhan they headed back to the ship and their speeder so they could set off, for the hidden treasure.

[member="Elayne Saedaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Isa’vark followed them to the ship, then piled into the speeder. She was able to give directions which led them across a barren salt plain to the foothills of some of the great mountains. By this time the sun was at its maximum and revealed the sheer and barren cliffs.

At one point the Kar’zun bade them stop so they could go the rest of the way on foot. Using her massive hammer as a support as she clambered nimbly over rocks and scree, she at last brought them to a sheer cliff-face far above the plain.

“This hiding place was built in secret by my sires and foresires when the great wars ended. It has escaped notice though the Eldorai searched for it most diligently.”

A barely noticeable crack in the stone right at chest height for a Kar’zun was where Isa’vark inserted a crystal. She then used her hammer to tap certain parts of the door rapidly. With a grinding sound a doorway opened into blackness and a series of rough-cut stairs into the abyss.

[member="Elayne Saedaris"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Maybe Isa'vark and Eyrecae Alzari should become buddies. After all, both of them had a thing for massive hammers that were probably impossible for humans to wield. Presumably they were good at using both to crack the skulls of opponents in battle. "It's an honour to be trusted so much that we get to see it, Scout Isa'vark," Siobhan said respectfully. It occured to her that she did not know that much about the Kar'zun and their ways. As surprising as it might seem, ever since moving to Kaeshana she had taken an interest in Eldorai culture beyond the obvious carnal delights of Ardarvian festivals, yet only really started concerning herself with the stone people after the failed Return of the Damned.

Perhaps this was something she should change. She waited and leaned on her cane while the Scout made an entrance for them. A series of rough-cut stairs leading into a dark abyss greeted them. There was a flash behind Siobhan's eyes from the buried robotic photoreceptors before they faded to the more human brown as she switched vision modes, adjusting it to the darkness as they stepped inside.

Coming into the more mountainious region, surrounding by high barren cliffs... So much stone, Elayne couldn't help but feel right at home. Her element, to be completely surrounded by it, there always was great comfort in that. There too was great power, should she choose to tap into it.

Hearing the scout's words, she gave a gently nod feeling rather special. To be Eldorai so trusted to be able to see this now. Something that reminded her, her relationship with the Kar'zun was an odd thing. In truth, she more than sympathized with the creatures and wanted nothing more than for them to finally be rewarded with a better life. One that didn't involve being under the Eldorai's heels.

Elayne finally managed to tear herself away from her thoughts enough to speak. "An absolute honor." Truly, she counted herself most fortunate to be able to be here and witness this today. Stepping inside behind Siobhan, it took a few moments for her eyes to adjust to the darkness.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Elayne Saedaris"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Siobhan at least had been to many tombs, temples and ruins before, but most had been very different to this.
Down the rough stairs were more doors, each opened by a unique sequence of taps and crystals. Built into a mountain, and to last the ages, it looked as perfectly new as when it had been finished centuries before.
With Isa’vark moving ahead, the passages were wide and tall for a human or Eldorai, but only just enough to fit a Kar’zun. There were no side passages, just a long tunnel occasionally interrupted by doors.

Finally they came to a last passageway which Isa’vark performed the most complex series of movements on yet. When it opened it did so into a vast chamber beyond. The Kar’zun’s eyes, naturally adapted for looking in the dark, and even Siobhan’s mechanical ones could not truly see the end.
In the small light of their torches they could see the reflection of gold, of silver, of gems, of fine wrought items and magnificent works of art.

treasure.jpg

Isa’vark looked gravely on the hoard. “This is the material treasures of my people…but there are more valuable things yet in the far vault. There will be plenty of time to take it with us, I hope.”

the_hobbit_the_desolation_of_smaug_sneak_peek_hd_mp_4_21.jpg

And so our three heroines found themselves under the mountain looking upon the hoard of Smaug. Hopefully no dragon would suddenly arise and try to burn Santaissa down. Then again...science and magic had advanced a lot, to a point where poor Smaug would probably not be able to get far before he lost his head. Or got bashed to death with his own wings.

But for now Siobhan was focused on the breathtaking sight before her. She had seen many tombs, temples and ruins, though most of the time this had been during fighting and bloodshed, but the splendour still took her breath away and gave her pause. In order to provide some better illumination she activated a glowrod while she took in the gold, silver, gems, magnificient works of art, religious icons and items. The entire treasure of the Kar'zun, all they had gathered over the millennia before their fall and managed to save after Ariane's crusade almost wiped them from the face of the planet, was laid out before her.

It was a humbling experience and for a moment she felt pangs of guilt before she clamped down on the sensation. She was not one to question the things she did. "It's beautiful. Thank you for taking us here, Scout, Isa'vark. It will take plenty of time to make an accounting and remove these items, but I'll dispatch droids to help and we can get it done in a timely manner. Please take us to the far vault," she said once she had regained her composure. Unbeknownst to her they were not alone...the hall was vast and much that could otherwise be seen was buried in the mass of riches, but shadows danced and if one paid attention, stony thuds could be heard upon the ground. Not at all Kar'zun were was friendly as their companion, after all...

Tombs, temples and ruins weren't Elayne's forte'. That was certain as she stepped inside. An eerie sense of nearing danger tingled at the back of her senses. Something was coming, as for what it was exactly the firemane could only guess. So many dangers could lurk around the corners from Kar'zun to traps. Though she suspected less traps with their guide and more of others present that had lurked along their journey.

Along the way she kept quiet for the most part, not feeling the need to speak but that tingle had set her on edge. Making her more alert and looking for trouble, knowing it was bound to come soon enough. At least here in the depths of the tomb there would be plenty of stone for her to use, and more than enough energy to draw from.

So much treasure surrounded them, it seemed self-explanatory as to why the Kar'zun hid it from the Eldorai. It all made so much sense to her now. Who knew, they had amassed so much wealth, none the less they had managed. Still for her part, Elayne felt the need to remain quiet. This wasn't her place or time to speak.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Isa’vark led them through the mounds of treasure to the far end. As she walked she picked up a gold coin, a flat bar rather than a round disk, and bit it thoughtfully.
“It is good quality, from the mountains of Khash’varron.” She spat out the piece of gold she had chewed on.
“We never esteemed gold the way the Eldorai did as it is food for us. However, since the Eldorai were not…developed…enough to understand a sophisticated economic situation at the time, we stockpiled this for barter and trade. Before the war, at least, we found it useful. After it we had no use for it.”
Piled there were crates filled with the real Kar’zun currency, flat bars a couple of inches long like a modern galactic credit chip.

Eventually they came to the end of the passage and to a final great door. Again she carefully tapped the door with her hammer, and eventually it opened.

Inside was a long, dark room. To each side were shelves filled with niches. Each niche contained a glass cylinder, airtight, containing ancient computer data cards. Each cylinder could hold as many as a dozen of these, and there were hundreds, thousands possibly, of cylinders.
“When this stronghold was built, the treasures here are the most valuable. Each of these computer storage units holds a different aspect of our civilisation. Some are genealogies, some are legal and financial records. Some are recordings of our laws and sagas. The Eldorai destroyed all they could of our culture, so this is the last resting place of our people. We would see them saved and preserved. One day the Kar’zun might be worthy enough to reclaim their heritage.”

And so here they were in the treasure room, the holiest of holies of the Kar'zun. The only thing they really had left from their old culture. Siobhan stepped inside the room and looked around, her bionic eye glowing in the dark as she took in the hundreds, possibly thousands of cylinders.

Before her eyes last the final resting place of a culture the Eldorai had almost eradicated. "Yes, we'll do what we can to save your people's heritage," she said solemnly and meant it, but then she tensed when she heard noise coming from outside, heavy footsteps. "We're not alone. Someone's coming," she spoke to Elayne, indicating that the Angelii prepare herself.

So much gold ..... Elayne had never seen so much valuable items in her life, and yet this was not all of it. No, not at all. Coming into the back room, her eyes widened as the Scout explained just exactly what the glass cylinders were. Knowledge. Knowledge and Knowledge of the past were extremely powerful things. Something that had to be protected no matter what it cost. They had to protect these items and ensure their safety, so they they too would make the journey safely to Tygara. "You have my word as well. We will see that this is saved, that it is done. For there is no greater treasure than history and knowledge of your own people. Such value that cannot ever be counted in coin." Elayne said quietly.

Then she spun on her heels as she heard the same noise that Siobhan did. "We should seal this room and step back out into the other. To fight here, should it come to that, risks every ounce of this data. We cannot afford that. It's irreplaceable." Elayne said firmly as her eyes skimmed the darkness, seeking the source of the noise.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Isa'vark nodded slowly, and did as asked.

Heavy footfalls, but in the echoing chamber their location could not be detected. Great statues surrounded the edge of the room, but one seemed out of place, then it began to move.
From the shadows a most extraordinary creature emerged.
gold_golem_by_sixfrid-d75cxz3.jpg

A Kar'zun, massive and golden in colour. Kar'zun had the strange ability of becoming more like the minerals they consumed over time. This creature, seemingly trapped here for a thousand years with nothing but gold to eat....

"A murderous she-elf, an alien and a degenerate descendant of the noble kin of old! It would be amusing were it not blasphemy! I have waited in the darkness for so long to see who would disturb the treasures of the all-fathers. Now you will die!"

"Wait, ancient guardian. Much has changed, the old ways are gone, we come to save this treasure. The whole world is in danger!" Isa'vark pleaded.

"I would rather see it ground to ash and dust than be in the hands of traitors and stone-breakers!" the guardian roared. With a sweep of its hand Isa'vark was picked up and slammed into the wall, falling to the ground with a crash.

The creature hefted a massive hammer, and from one hand came an unearthly chill. An ancient Force-using Kar'zun made of gold...truly a boss battle to remember!

It was becoming cold. Very cold, as an unearthly chill emanated from the ancient Kar'zun guardian. As the chill swept through the hall Siobhan, who was obviously not wearing any armour, found herself shivering and clattering strongly. Figures that the one stone guardian just had to be a cryomancer...and a clearly very cross one. Already frost pearls were spreading across her skin.

"Elayne, let's crush him. You're a terramancer, yes? So you can manipulate gold as well." Clearly getting him to calm down would not work, and then Isa'vark was chucked into a wall. Inexpert tapas kept Sio's body temperature at a level where the chill was uncomfortable, but not yet oppressive. She drew upon the strands of power of the Force. Aphotic energy writhed inside her as she drank from the fountains of power and unleashed a shattering telekinetic blast to slam into the stone guardian with absurdly crushing force.

The walls and the ground itself shook under her might. She needed distance and to break the stone guardian before he could get close. She knew how strong Kar'zun were and did not relish the idea of getting her head crushed by one of them. Unfortunately gold was not conductive, so lightning, which was normally such a weakness for the Kar'zun, was not an option in this case, but she had mass destruction telekinesi. The rage of the stone guardian was so strong that it was almost palpable, but on the other hand the massive guardian had been deep beneath the earth for ages and probably not fought that much since then! Assuming he had ever had cause and opportunity to fight anyone in the first place.

Elayne watched as the scout was tossed aside so easily. This was hardly what she expected to find here. Her eyes moved to the gold, there was some logic to being able to manipulate it, though she'd never tried it before. Then again she'd never had the chance until now.

"Not sure I can." She managed quickly as the temperatures began to drop. I hate cryomancy. Hate it! A thought she didn't share aloud. Truthfully here in the cavern she was a little bit nervous about using her powers. If she wasn't careful she could easily bring the whole place down on them all.

So, she chose a simpler route first. From the floor, Elayne ripped a series of stalagmites and send them hurling towards the ancient guardian with a tremendous amound of speed. With some luck it might do significant damage, or at the very least be a distraction until she could pull something else out of her bag of tricks. Trying what she knew, seemed better than the unknown. Though there still was the option of attempting to manipulate the metals and see what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom