Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apocalypse...Not Quite Yet

[member="Elayne Saedaris"]

Siobhan would be definitely keeping Elayne around. As a matter of fact, she might want to 'keep' and convert her. She really wanted to find out whether the rumours that the snarky redhead had once had sex on the front lawn of a church were true. Far as she knew, Elayne always attended prayer, was devout, had a pleasant singing voice and Eileithya's favourite Angelii.

However, crochet would have to wait, if it happened at all, because the situation was grim, if not terrible. It was not easy to tell the Angelii that her homeworld was doomed and billions of her people would perish in a cataclysm that even the Goddess could not save them from.

"There's no way to soften the blow, so I won't try. If word leaks out there'll be chaos. Kaeshana is in the path of a giant body. We suspect an asteroid. All efforts to destroy or redirect it have failed. It will impact on the planet in just about a standard year and destroy all life. It will be an extinction event. No one on the planet will survive. Firemane is working with your Queen to evacuate as many people as possible, by providing super freighters. We have received reliable intelligence that there is a lost colony of your people, out in Wild Space, after having freed elf slaves. We don't know how your people got there, maybe the Goddess had a hand in it. Regardless, my wife is helping look for this planet. I am aiding the Queen in supervising the evacuation."

There was a pause before she continued. "I want the Kar'zun to have a chance to survive as well. You leaders won't lift a finger to save any of them, I will. That's why I asked you to accompany me since you have a bond with them. Once the evacuation begins chaos will break out, many won't make it off the planet, but I will do anything I can to help your people and the Kar'zun."

For once, Elayne couldn't crack a joke. Couldn't laugh it off, to soften the impact of Siobhan's words. All joy, all happiness, gone in an instant. In that moment she was nearly positive her heart had stopped beating, because she certainly couldn't feel it within her chest any longer. Breathe. She actually needed to remind herself.

"Say it again. I need to hear it one more time." Her tone quiet, measured, doing her very best to keep it together when she very much wanted to fall apart. Surely she had misunderstood. Though a small part of her knew she hadn't.

Leaning forward she ran a slow hand over her hair, trying to let her catch up with the rest of her. Finally she spoke, "Of course, they won't. At least someone else is looking out for their interests." Slowly she shook her head, the Eldorai's mind still not wanting to believe any of it, well except for that detail about the Kar'zun. That was easy enough to believe. "So, if I may... What is your plan for them exactly?" Maybe it'd give her a decent idea of how best she could help. Because other than being a familiar face, she wasn't certain she had the skills but someone had to try.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"I'm sorry, Talon. There's no way to soften the blow. This planet has become my home as well," Siobhan said softly. Maybe she could help the redhead forget for a little while!

"I want to help the Kar'zun survive, but I need their elders' cooperation and support. They're strong, sturdy labourers, I'd appreciate their support in moving the equipment we need to put down roots again. And, yes, they'll be compensated for that. Likewise they're tough fighters and I'll need those because once the Queen makes her announcement chaos'll break out. If they understand the terms, space will be set aside for them, on freighters reserved for their use. When we reach the lost elf planet, they'll get their own home. Without the restrictions past Star Queens imposed on them."

In other words, they would be emancipated. One imagined that this would make them rather grateful to the Countess who helped them off the planet, if all went well. Since Siobhan was sort of acting like their protector. "The situation is delicate because we believe the Lost Kar'zun were the ones behind the asteroid. I'll have enough trouble with Dark Eldorai, so I need the Kar'zun to keep their own troublemakers in line and under control."

"Nothing ever lasts forever. I suppose this isn't that much different. And there is at least some time to keep us from being completely wiped out in the night." She said quietly, trying to distance herself from the painful reality for the time being. Siobhan was right, there was no way to soften the blow of learning her homeworld would be gone. The only world she'd ever really loved. Nothing would ever be the same again.

Though there was one thought that did seem to finally cross her mind, "Does Elanil know?" Her twin. She knew her sister had spent sometime with Siobhan, but did wonder the degree of the knowledge and if her twin, even as much as they may not get along knew what was coming. Somehow Elayne didn't see Elanil not knowing by this point. Maybe that does explain some of her behavior of late. Actually, never mind .. she's just strange all the time.... So maybe that isn't the best measure.

"I'm sure, something can be worked out between them and us." The need for them, for their help becoming clearer as Siobhan went on. "They'll be happy for an opportunity for a place of their own, without restrictions. Freedom, finally after all this time. I really can't see them not taking this chance for survival and a future."

"I have not spoken to her, but I would not rule out her having known before everyone else," Siobhan said honestly. What with Elanil having a massive brain and all that. Truth be told, the other person she was certain would have found out independently was [member="Mirien Valdier"]. Come to think of it, she needed to have a talk with her dark angel.

She gave Elayne a nod at her further words. "Good. If they cooperate, I'll do everything my power to grant them freedom. I have the Queen's words and if nobles on the Council make trouble, well, it's not like I care about what they think." By now the transport shuttle had left the beautiful city of Santaissa behind it and was now shooting through the sky towards the mountain habitats, past the Citadel of Dawn that only recently been erected as a proud sentinel to defend this world. How ironic that its first trial of fire had been against the Legion of the Damned. Yet now there was a threat that even its mighty cannons could not destroy and soon work would start on dismantling the base again and taking the guns with the exodus fleet.

"Somehow, it wouldn't even surprise me in the least.What with her sciencey knowledge, big fat degrees and many many experiments." The redhead shook her head, a smile coming to her lips, "You know I still have a bald spot from her early work with lasers." She didn't mention that Elanil had lost both eyebrows in said experiment, either. That was the part that really amused her. "Some of her plans, didn't always work out. But some did. Suppose she always felt like she had to make up for something, and I can't really blame her entirely for that. Think I'd have done the same in her shoes." Two kids, same embryo, still one ended up with the force and one without. Amazing how that worked out in the end.

"I ... They I'm sure will appreciate that. A single race shouldn't end here, because of this. Not when it can change." Elayne scoffed, "I'm sure the nobles will make a fuss and trouble. They usually do." She nodded, "At least you don't care. It's not like they can entirely make your life hell but I'm sure one or two would try." Her opinion of the Nobles incredibly low.

"They can try. Doubt they'll survive long," Siobhan said bluntly, looking unconcerned. To an extent she thought it was a good chance to get rid of some of the more troublesomes nobles on the Council who did nothing useful other than get in the way of progress. Not a particularly moral position? Undoubtedly, but then she happened to be a Dark Jedi!

"I like you. You're direct and...very pretty." Ah, Siobhan, such a wordsmith. Her hand might have seemingly of its own accord found itself covering Elayne's and gently stroking over it. The Saedaris twin was so very different from her sister, but not unpleasantly so. As for the trip, well, they would probably reach the Kar'zun habitat in say two or three posts. This one has not forgotten that there's an actual plot here.

"Oh, I would pay good money to see that." She couldn't help but laugh. It would be a most amusing way to get rid of the really annoying ones. At least her mood was somewhat improving.

"I like you. You're a keeper." She shook her head, smiling for a change now. For the moment, happily distracted with the attentions of Siobhan. "Never imagined I'd ever like a Countess. Has to be some kind of record. No offense. Just don't like aristos personally." Spoken as she leaned in closer, but still waiting for Sio to make the first real move.

"I'll take that as meaning I'm a novelty. To be fair, dear, I was born in the gutter," Siobhan said sweetly. Of course, these days most of the time Siobhan was a pompous aristo and mixed in exclusive social circles, but it did not escape her attention that many of the snooty aristos still looked down on her due to her social origins.

At this stage, she could not care less. Unlike them she had actually worked and fought to get where she was. Her hand travelled up to cup Elayne's cheek. "Speaking of gutter, I'm eager to find out whether the stories about you do you justice," then she suddenly pulled the redhead towards her and pressed her lips against hers, engaging her in a deep, passionate kiss as her lust took over.

"You are certainly unique. Not like any aristo I know." Elayne nodded, "That might explain why I feel you to be more honest than any other noble. Ones that just says pretty words to your face, only to stab you in the back two seconds later."

Elayne couldn't help but grin brightly at Siobhan's words. She had a reputation to uphold after all. One arm instantly snaked around the brunette deepening the kiss as her other reached to undo her own shirt. After all it was bound to get in the way. Though for the protection of kiddies we can say no more on the matter.

I want to claim you. You'll learn to serve me...and love it, Siobhan thought to herself, feeling very smug and satisfied. There was no need to waste more time with words at this point and so she turned her mind to...crochet, kissing Elayne fiercely and ferociously as she sought to claim her lips and exert dominance over them.

After all, a fiery redhead would expect nothing less. Her skilled hands would quickly liberate Elayne of her clothing and...well, for the protection of kiddies we cannot say anymore. Suffice to say that both ladies had enjoyed each other very thoroughly and vigorously by the time their shuttle was about to land at the Kar'zun habitat in the mountains. Siobhan had decided that Talon Saedaris was her favourite Angelii and that she would like to keep her around in the future.

[member="Elayne Saedaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

And so as the merciless curtain of kiddie protection descended, and we cut, like a 1960s movie, to an exterior of their ship as they sped over mountains and forests.

Finally the ship came to rest on a rocky outcrop fashioned into a landing pad. Below was a collection of huts and settlements, and caves cut into the rock walls. It was in this rather sad place that the largest clan of the Kar’zun lived. It was here that Representative Nar'dvan, the closest they had to a leader, lived.

Having called ahead when not engaged with crochet, the Representative and several of his associates were waiting for Siobhan and Elayne when they descended.
“Welcome, Lady Kerrigan, we are pleased by your visit,” he rumbled in as friendly a way as a seven foot tall stone man can be.

The redhead quickly managed to disentangle herself from Siobhan to get dressed, quickly taming every hair back into place. After all nothing showed an indiscretion like hair gone wild and she did have appearances to keep. "At least you know the story about the church lawn is true now, funny how you heard about that." Said before they ever stepped from the ship.

From there, descending the ramp she couldn't help but feel perfectly at home. So much raw power sitting around her. Glancing around she saw a few familiar faces, Nar'dvan of course. There were others too, from her time stationed on the reservation. Still it hardly felt her place to speak, letting Siobhan take the lead for the moment.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Elayne Saedaris"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

The signs of misery, squalour and deprivation were clearly in evidence when they disembarked and approached what passed for the largest settlement of the Kar'zun. It probably said a lot that this sorry collection of huts and caves carved into the rock walls was an improvement compared to how things had been before Anya took over.

Siobhan felt...something like a surge of compassion for them. Contrary to what one might think, she was not heartless, though inherently self-centred, arrogant and brutal. Along with ready to utilise any means necessary to defend what was hers and take what she believed she deserved. Still, she genuinely wanted to help them and save them from the cataclysm that would destroy Kaeshana. Purely out of humanitarian motives because it was the right thing to do? Probably not. They were good, strong fighters after all.

"Thank you, Representative Nar'dvan, It's a pleasure meeting you, though I wish it were under better circumstances," she spoke politely to the large, grey coloured, rocky creature. "I hate being cryptic, but there's a very important matter I must discuss with you, away from prying eyes. It's of grave importance for your people...and the Eldorai."

[member="Elayne Saedaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

The Representative looked at Siobhan closely for a few seconds. It was not stupidity, but close, complicated thoughts.
“Of course, Lady Kerrigan. Please come this way.” He rumbled something to his companions and they faded away.
Leading Siobhan and Elayne into the largest of the huts he sat on a stone chair and offered two more such massive seats to his guests.
A young Kar’zun brought out glasses of water for the guests, and a ceramic mug of some bubbling liquid for the Representative.
“Talon Saedaris, it is good to see you again,” Nard’van commented before turning back to Siobhan. No one will overhear us here, Lady Kerrigan. Please tell me everything you wish.”

Before Elayne could get much further a small, well relatively small and extremely young Kar'zun came running from the crowd to embrace the Eldorai, hugging her leg tightly. "Elayne!" The youngling exclaimed, clearly happy to see the redhead. With both arms, she hugged the stone being tightly before releasing her.

"I brought something for you, sweetie." She said with a grin.

"You did?"

"I did! I told you I'd bring you a present next time I came!" Reaching into her pocket she withdrew a little bouncy red ball.

"I'm afraid I can't stop to play right now, but I may be able to before I go." She managed a soft smile, "Now run along, dear. I'll see you later." She gave the little Kar'zun a gentle pat on the back before sending the young one on her way.

Then turning she followed along behind Siobhan and Nard'van. Stepping inside the hut, Elayne soon took the offer seat, happy to accept the water from the young Kar'zun. She figured she would let Siobhan speak first. After all the countess had far more details on the situation than she did.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

"What I tell you know must be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Premature disclosure will bring chaos," Siobhan began as she sat down on the stone chair and took a sip from her water.

"We have detected a...massive object. We believe it's an asteroid and it's headed for Kaeshana. It's our belief that the Lost Kar'zun put it on its course, probably as a last-ditch effort for revenge. All efforts to destroy it or knock it off course have failed. When it impacts on the planet, in a bit less than a standard year, it will be an extinction event. No one left on Kaeshana will survive."

She paused for a brief moment to let those words sink in before she spoke up again. "We - Firemane and the Eldorai - have started preparations for a mass evacuation to get as many people as possible off the planet. We have found a possibly suitable world." She did not mention the lost Eldorai yet. "But it will take a massive amount of resources and many will not make it. I know the animosity between your people and the Eldorai still runs deep. To be frank, most elf aristocrats would not lift a finger to help you. But I'm the one providing the ships for the exodus and I want to give your people a chance to survive the disaster."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

Nar'dvan stared at Siobhan closely, his deep eyes never blinking as he looked at her. "I see. But you would aid us? In return for what, as you can see we have little."
"The Eldorai would not weep to see us gone forever. My father fought in the great wars but he taught me not to hate them. We were defeated and there was no purpose to continuing to fight. But now we are faced by a threat which transcends the Eldorai, a threat to everything on Kaeshana. Where would you take us? I can assemble the disaspora, and whilst we dwindle in numbers we are still many. How many can we have escape?"

[member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

"It is a planet at the edge of space, very far away from Kaeshana. Inhabited by what we believe to be a lost colony of primitive elves. As for what I require, I will not demand much of your people, but I will need your assistance. As labourers to help with the evacuation and to aid in construction once we settle, and as fighters. You will be compensated, of course," Siobhan replied, taking another sip of her drink. Obviously if she got Kar'zun soldiers, they would need weapons. Needless to say Siobhan would be providing those...though she would not give them bolters!

"We estimate that we can evacuate most, if not all of your people, given how...diminished their numbers are. I have the Queen's word that you'll be emancipated. If Eldorai nobles cause trouble because they can't let go of a war that ended centuries ago, they'll have to deal with the fact that you'll be under my personal protection."

"Being saved from annihilation would be considered compensation enough by many, " Nar'dvan said softly. "We will do whatever you wish of us. Where do you plan to resettle us? On this lost colony? Would that not just create further resentment? The Eldorai, whether you protect us or not, may not be happy if we survive while some of their kindred does not. We also wish to be free of them...there cannot again be thoughts of Empire like we once had."
The old Kar'zun laid his hands on the table. "As I said, we have little to give in return...though you ask for nothing. There is one thing I know though; the location of treasures of my people. It has remained buried for a thousand years to protect them from the Eldorai, but I would have them saved if all will burn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom