Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apocalypse...Not Quite Yet

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
After Tegaea had departed for her mission on Tabaqui, Kaeshana was left in a tense situation. In the palace, in Santaissa they knew something was wrong, but few knew what.
Thus, when Countess [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] came to meet with the Queen things were even more on edge.

Queen Tirathana had been in a council meeting all morning, but when she emerged she was told her friend had arrived.
“Bring her to the conference room at once. I’ll handle it from there,” she said.

When Siobhan arrived the Queen came forward and gave her a hug. “I’m guessing you told Tegaea the news? I’ve heard your wife has left, but I’m glad you’re still here to help me. This is quickly becoming a nightmare.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

The embrace was a bit awkward since Siobhan was leaning heavily on her cane and thus had only one arm available, but nonetheless she returned it. "Yes, she took off for Tabaqui to help organise the search for the lost elf planet. She'll meet up with Taldir and Coryth," she said. Siobhan looked a bit tired, evidently the stress was getting to her, but tried to maintain her composure.

Hopefully Tegaea would not get into too much problem. Siobhan understood her wife's desire for action after having been in the background. Hell, she felt the same way, but it did not keep her from worrying. However, there were other, more pressing matters. "I'll be running things on the Kaeshana side. Firemane'll be giving you its full support in...getting as many of your people out as possible."

As many as possible. Not all, for evacuating everyone would be impossible. Siobhan had seen the initial statistics, and they were grim. Like it or not, hundreds of millions, if not billions, of Eldorai and other Kaeshana citizens would perish. And many of those who got guaranteed places would have those just because of their titles and money. She hated it, but...this was not a fairy tale. The massive asteroid was an opponent even she could not stop.

"We're still making calculations, streamlining operations, I've already given the order to close wasteful projects and pump out new Liorre-class fsuper reighters for transport. Tegaea is gonna meet with [member="Judah Dashiell"] of Salacia Consolidated. Last I heard, he's agreed to help. I may also give the Silver Jedi a call. Not a fan of that group, but I know their new leaders somewhat and they seem good people. I'll also talk with [member="Coryth Elaris"], she's been made Exarch. Firemane'll need financial support though to get the ships out in time."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
“Your help is appreciated as always, Siobhan,” Anya said with a smile. “Of all the people I’d end up trusting, I never thought it would be two humans and not my own kind. I suppose it’s a good thing in the end.”

She looked back to Siobhan and she seemed more focused and less maudlin. “We need to start preparing the support of those who can assist us, and selecting those to…save. We also need to do it in a way which does not let on that there is a crisis, we don’t need that yet. Do you have any suggestions about how this can be handled? My advisors suggested a lottery system for families in the general populace, but we can only do that closer to the event.”

“My suggestion was that we have the richest households sign what we used to call a Ishkavar, or confidentiality contract where we explain things and they must swear not to disclose it on pain of exclusion and jail-time. I suspect we can raise a good amount of money by having them ‘buy’ their seats. I don’t like it, but we need the financial support.”

“I’ve also imposed censorship on all observatories and other stations and had the area with the asteroid covered only with robotic probes. Thoughts?”

[member="Anya Venari"]

The words were grim, so was the situation. Select those who would survive. "Buy. The richest citizens will be guaranteed seats. I guess many of the poor will have little option left but to in desperation throw in their lot with 'Dashdae Eldorai' because they cannot afford a ticket off." The words came out harsher and more bitter than intended and soon after she had spoken she looked apologetic.

"I'm sorry. It's not your fault. I know we must make priorities, sacrifices must be made. I just hate the idea of people who live the life Tegaea and I escaped from being left behind just because they can't pay their way off, but I suppose it cannot be avoided." Perhaps the stress was starting to get to her. What was certain was that she was feeling a sharp pain in her flesh leg and so, despite her evident reluctance, she sat down upon a chair.

"Your advisers' suggestions are probably the most efficient. I'd suggest reshuffling personnel on the stations to bring Firemane people aboard. Your people will hate this, but I'd also recommend the the option of using ARGH droids. They come with an integrated killswitch and droids don't tell tales. Even if they did, very few Eldorai would believe them! Maybe also replace Eldorai fighter squadrons who'd pick up the asteroid first with droid ones" she spoke once she had taken a seat.

"I will have [member="Mirien Valdier"] liaise with Aeda to make sure strict censorship of infomation is being maintained and rumours do not spread. All Firemane operations relating to the exodus are being strictly compartmentalised. There will be...unrest once word leaks out. It will be water on the mills of the Dashdae Eldorai and ambitious aristos; the desperate and the impoverished will join their banner because they have no other choice. It would be wise if we make a list of known troublemakers and rabble-rousers and...preemptively deal with them." In other words, execute them. Either by immediately killing them or simply by locking them up in the Eagle's Nest. It was very unlikely that the inmates of the Angelii's top secret prison would be saved. So one could argue that a blaster bolt to the head would actually be more 'merciful'.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya looked pained at Siobhan’s words, by the time she reached the end she looked downright uncomfortable.
“I’m sorry, Siobhan, I will do all I can to save the common people. I am Queen of all the Eldorai, but not all Eldorai are equal. Those with the money to pay to fund this move, those with the skills to build our new home, and those with the training to protect it…they must come first. I will be getting as many people away as I can, I promise you that, but I cannot save everyone…or probably even the majority.”
The Queen sighed sadly.
“Your suggestion about the droids is well taken, and I will see to it. Machines at least can have their memories wiped if needed.”

Siobhan’s last words seemed to touch a nerve in the Queen. “No pre-emptive strikes. No, a list is something I will sanction, but I won’t strike without provocation. It may be naïve, or foolish, but enough people are going to die that pre-empting disaster is not something I can do. If that’s not the right thing to do…then I guess I’ll have to be wrong on this.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

You're right, of course. Priorities must be made. Like at Gehenna, Siobhan thought to herself, though she said nothing. Of course, her 'social conscience', if it even existed, did not extend THAT far that she would have given up her seat in favour of a poor family. Or left someone important to her behind. This one strongly doubts that Siobhan even remotely cared about the 'common people'.

As for Anya's refusal to sanction a preemptive strike she clearly disagreed but she would not push the point. However, if Mirien identified 'dangerous elements' she would have Siobhan's sanction to quietly eliminate them if there were signs of...danger and unrest. "They'll die anyway when disaster strikes and probably in a more painful manner. There'll be chaos, perhaps civil war when word leaks out and they think purifying Kaeshana will make Ashira intervene...but you're the Queen. I'll be talking with [member="Coryth Elaris"] about helping with evacuations. There's something else I'd like to bring up. Are we planning to save some of the Kar'zun? They did prove loyal when the 'Damned' invaded. The Old Guard will rail, but come on they'd be useful. For one they're good fighters and labourers. And they don't deserve to all perish because of their insane brethren."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
“Ah, the Kar’zun,” Anya said. This conversation was pushing all the controversial buttons!

“It will be incredibly unpopular with many if a single Kar’zun is chosen over even one Eldorai. However, I agree. Their numbers are small enough that we could move them all, give them their own land somewhere and emancipate them fully. I would be for that. However, I know the Council and others would not be. For this, Siobhan, you will have to take the lead. I couldn’t be seen to save them in preference, but you monkeighs have your own strange agendas,” she said the last bit fondly, as a parody of what other Eldorai might say for real.

“You have my permission to meet with the Kar’zun, make a deal with them, and take them in your ships. I’ll make sure there’s no interference on this side.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan felt like making a lame joke about her evil agenda, but suppressed the urge and turned serious, giving Anya a grateful nod. "Thank you, I appreciate this. I'll go meet with them then. I will travel to their habitat to meet with..Representative Nar'dvan I believe his name was. The Kar'zun who warned Tempest about the Damned. I am the one providing most of the super freighters after all, so I'll make sure space is assigned properly and the Eldorai hardliners don't suffer the 'indignity' of seeing a stone man."

Siobhan could not be considered a crusader for social justice and civil rights, but she did feel for the Kar'zun. At this juncture part of her was getting the impression that Anya's reign would be far easier if most of the Council was left behind! Presumably this thought gave her darkside points. But who knew, maybe if all went well House Kerrigan-Alcori would have Kar'zun vassals. Assuming, of course, that things did not end in tears. "Is there something else you'd like to discuss?"

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
“Only one,” Anya said. “I am moving my daughter to the Skyport very soon in case there is any…tension…down here. I’ll be detailing ten of my most loyal Angelii to guard her and the other treasures I’m storing up there. Have you devised a way to move the space station? Ideally we could store enough food, weapons and medicine on board for any colony to last for a year or more.”

“I am also going to begin dismantling the Citadels and moving their equipment and weapons with us. It’s kind of annoying that we just got this defence grid complete and now we have to take it apart again!”

[member="Anya Venari"]

"I was thinking that. We can dismantle Ashira's Crown as well. Firemane will likewise be taking its heavy guns. Really annoying, but we can make you a new hat...wherever we end up. While we're at it, we might as well 'requisition' the OP battleships you commandeered during your Exarchate. Not like OP's gonna use them for anything anyway."

Besides, the SQS Artemisia needed to be preserved! It would go forth to conquer, explore and 'educate'. "We were looking into developing our own hyperspace tugs to move the Tirathana, but turns out that's unnecessary because MandalMotors has interstellar tugs we can purchase. They should be sufficient to move the station. I've already made arrangements to move any...artefacts in my possession. Mirien's responsible for that. If you're looking for additional space to store supplies, weapons and such closer to where the lost elf planet must be, Firemane has warehouses on Tabaqui. To help fund our operations, we'll start mining silver on Arkas."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya had to laugh at that. “It was a hat which in the end did not fit well enough,” she said sadly.

“I will definitely take up your offer for storing materials off world. I have also started collecting the animals of Kaeshana to preserve them. The Jesters will not go extinct, even if sometimes I wish mine would just shut up for a while!”
The Queen had a Jester? Why not, it was probably good for little Ariane when she grew up.

“If there’s nothing else I’ll keep at this. I’ll start drawing up the list of people to save first, and start negotiating with the nobles. Wish me luck.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

"That's a relief. It would be sad if Grrbyrr was alone. Hopefully we can introduce Jester-resistant fruit to your new home as well," Siobhan spoke, though the attempt at humour rang a bit hollow. The situation was too grim for her to make much of an attempt at levity.

"Anyhow, I'll be on my way then. I'd like to take one of your Angelii with me. I believe her name is...[member="Elayne Saedaris"]. A Talon, if I'm not mistaken. From what Tempest said, she performed well during the Lost Kar'zun invasion and has a bond of sorts with the stone people due to being a terramancer. I imagine she'd be useful when I go meet them."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

“Grrbyrr is the most greedy of Jesters I’ve ever seen, and that’s saying something! Goddess only knows what would happen if we unleashed him on a new and unprepared world!”

“Elayne is one of my best. If you think she can help, I’ll gladly release her to you.”

The Queen came forward and gave Siobhan a quick kiss, a friendly one. “Take care, Siobhan. If you need to talk, I’m always here.”

Elayne had been alone in her bunk with an Ashira's Angel's magazine idly browsing through the articles. The one today she was skimming was all about how to do your hair for fall with lovely tousled curls. It all seemed more than Elayne could ever manage.

It was as she was about to flip to the next page when her comlink beeped. She read through it once, and frowned. It didn't make a ton of sense to her. There was some mention of the Queen releasing her from her duties with the Angelii temporarily to help Siobhan Kerrigan with a project involving the Kar'Zun.

With a sigh she slid down from the top bunk and quickly started to dress herself. It didn't seem the sort of task that she needed her armor for. Though she did pick up her Sarix, just in case. If they were going out to meet the stone people, the last thing she wanted to do was show up in a full suit of armor. Not when she had formed a tentative trust between them as she closely shared their element. Sighing, she gave a quick look to her mirror as she pulled her hair back into a tight braid, getting it out of her way for the day.

She then typed a message out to Siobhan, since the Queen had left her the human's contact information. I've gotten word that I am needed. Where would you like to meet so we may discuss what you need from me? From there we can head out to meet with the Kar'Zun.

[member="Elayne Saedaris"], [member="Anya Venari"]

And so Siobhan got a new minion! This one was especially special since she was not only a space elf, but a redheaded one! Needless to say this meant that Siobhan would have to make every effort to sleep with her. Especially since she had not gotten laid in this thread yet.

Anyhow, smutty desires and her apparent permahorniness would have to wait since Siobhan had some actual work to do.

"Say hi to Ariane from me," Siobhan said warmly and returned Anya's embrace before departing and leaving her Queen. Once she had limped out of the throne room - fortunately without tripping or stumbling because that would not only have been painful, but simply embarrassing! - she reached for her comm. Apparently the redhead had already called her. I'm just out of the throne room. My shuttle is at docking bay 03 in the palace. Meet me there. The flight to the Kar'zun habitat would take a while, so they would have plenty of opportunity to talk. Likewise the Angelii barracks were located right next to the palace.

A whisper of a beep alerted her to a new message upon her comlink. Her eyes skimmed over the text as she slowly ran a hand through her hair. Quickly she headed down to the docking bay, not bothering to respond via text when she could simply enough just meet her there in the time that it took her to say she was on her way. The journey didn't take all that long, and soon enough she was walking into docking bay three.

Spotting Kerrigan she closed the distance between them, "Countess Kerrigan." Said with a slight smile. She'd only briefly met the woman when helping to ensure Master Elaris' safety on Malachor V. "It's good to see you again." She glanced to the shuttle, "Shall we get going? I'm sure we can talk along the way and you may fill me in on the details of what we are setting out to do. Unless, there is anything or anyone else you are waiting on."

[member="Elayne Saedaris"]

Yes, the situation was serious. As a matter of fact it was very grim. Oh, and presumably Elayne did not yet know about the fact that her homeworld was doomed since she was an NCO. Still, this did not change the fact that Siobhan was clearly...appreciating her new minion. Well, temporary new minion.

"There's no one else waiting. Just you and me. Always nice to have pretty redheads assigned under me." Subtlety, thy name was not Siobhan. "Come aboard with me then, the situation and my negotiations with the Kar'zun are fairly delicate, but we'll have time to talk during the trip." That was said with a slight sigh. Siobhan doubted it would be possible to keep the exact content of the talks secret from Elayne. Hopefully the Angelii would not take the news too badly! And so they would end up boarding the shuttle, which thereafter would presumably take off from the special hangar in the palace.

Elayne couldn't help but take notice of the bit of ogling the Countess was doing. "Alright" She said with a nod before following her in. Then she couldn't help but offer just a little bit of snark."Well, then it must be that you have fine tastes, Countess." After all she was a redhead, these sorts of things were to be expected. "Especially if you enjoy such rare beauty." Maybe a little cocky too.

Stepping inside, she took a seat allowing herself to get a little more comfortable in the mean time. "So, you'll have to forgive I wasn't briefed on what the situation is exactly. Nor even aware there would be any negotiations going on." It did make her wonder what was going on, curious if it was more serious than things currently appeared on the surface. The reasons of course could have been numerous, but it certainly didn't feel like it was just a small matter. No, Elayne felt there was deeper meaning here.

[member="Elayne Saedaris"]

"I'm sure I'll enjoy it thoroughly," Siobhan said mischieviously. "That is...if you're up for the challenge." As she passed Elayne her hand snaked down the redhead's back before briefly making itself acquainted with the woman's shapely butt and stroking over it.

But then she took a seat next to the woman as the ship took off and her expression turned more serious, even somber. "I could tell you this is classified and way beyond your paygrade, which it is. Or give you a cover story, but if you're supposed to help bridge the gap and talk with the Kar'zun, you'll find out anyway. You must understand that this is severely classified. If you speak to anyone about this without authorisation, consequences will be swift and severe." All playfulness had vanished from her voice. The Butcher of Gehenna was not joking. By now they were high up in the air and en route to the Kar'zun habitat, which lay deep in the mountains close to the Citadels.

"Oh honey?" She said sweetly, giving Siobhan a sweet pat on the cheek. "Haven't they told you? I'm up for anything. Anytime. Anywhere." Well there was the small exception when it came to her work. Duty did come first so there was a limit. "Though, job comes first," She said with a sad little smile, feeling like she'd miss out on this particular moment. "I'm sure you understand." It certainly wasn't from lack of desire on her part.

Elayne had been watching Siobhan, the expression change and mood shift. That worried her. Even more so, Siobhan's words were more concerning. What in the Goddess is this about? We're not about to get abducted by aliens are we? Instantly Elayne shifted, sitting up straighter her attention completely on the matter at hand. She nodded slowly, "I appreciate you not doing either, informing me it's beyond my paygrade, and telling me off." The redhead did have a few insecurities about her position, rank and paygrade after all this time. Though she highly suspected a lot of that laid on her shoulders, and her relation to the Kar'zun to begin with. "Or giving me some crappy cover story, and doing the same. I understand the need for this to remain classified." No, no really she didn't. But she soon would.

A sigh fell from her lips, "I understand the consequences all too well. Not a word will be passed to anyone. Not a soul." Elayne had little idea what she'd just walked right into but she was about to find out. And that little secret was going to be without a doubt the hardest thing she'd ever have to keep from all those she loved in her lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom