Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Announcing the Magrath Family White Tie Formal

Yoru Shakou

It's still open, so yes [member="Lucien Cordel"]

I haven't set the thread up yet. I was waiting to see how many people would want to participate then judging if I would need to break it up into multiple threads. The last time I attempted this, there were so many people posting in one thread that it got out of hand and some people got left behind. [member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Unless it is a Top Hat or some form that would be considered 'Formal Wear' then yes. If it is what I think it is (the cowboy hat in your avatar image) then no. [member="Will Chain"]

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
[member="Baroness Magrath"] I would enjoy doing this, but writing out long posts isn't my specialty. If you would like to give me writing lessons, that would be phenomenal.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Cain Laatl said:
[member="Baroness Magrath"] I would enjoy doing this, but writing out long posts isn't my specialty. If you would like to give me writing lessons, that would be phenomenal.
It's really quite easy, dude. Just gotta keep your mind on it.
What I usually do is just set up different scenes or events into categories, and separate those in writing by writing each one as its own paragraph. Start with a simple introductory paragraph. Describe the scene as you enter it, what's around you, what your character is wearing for the event, how he got there. Paint the general picture for the reader. Pretty much from there on, just write in chunks. Start with a sentence that engages the subject, continue to describe different details or aspects of it, then cap it off with a light conclusion. Rudimentary stuff. Just keep bouncing from topic to topic until you have several paragraphs jotted down about your time, interactions and observations there. And separate different speakers or subjects of speech by spacing it out as though you're starting a new paragraph. That's about it, really.

Yoru Shakou

It's not always that easy for people [member="Særa Ayña Savan"]. We all started off somewhere so it's not to be ashamed of or anything wrong with small posts [member="Cain Laatl"]. I'd have no problem setting up a private thread to help you.

Yoru Shakou

More security is never a bad idea [member="Tal Kyramud"]

At this moment we've about 14 people showing interest in the thread. I believe I can work with that. I should have a thread up within a day or so.

Yoru Shakou

No, personal bodyguards wont be allowed. There will be npc guards and a couple of pc guards. If they were allowed, then yes, the bodyguards would also have to dress accordingly. Same goes with the droid; though to a lesser extent with clothing. They couldn't look like they just crawled out from under a scrap heap. The only droid in attendance though so far is [member="HK-36"] and I know that he'll show up in the proper attire. [member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Baroness Magrath"] - How much would I have to pay you to include my bodyguards in the detail? Since I know you're going to act like you don't want to get any more rich XD can they wait outside? I'm not expecting anything to go wrong, it's just that they're an integral part of the character concept.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Well I was going to come dressed in just one of those towels with dongs on it wrapped around HK's waist but I guess I have to wear some formal robes :p

Yoru Shakou

I can respect that; however I am trying to set up an event where people aren't boistering and puffing up their chest with shows of force and how many bodyguards they have around them. It's nothing to do with being against someone's character or wanting or not wanting more credits, etc etc. It's about trying to produce an event that won't break down to a measurement contest. [member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

At this moment I've broken the members up into two Groups; each of whom will have a thread written up for them to better keep the flow; and to prevent it from falling into chaos like the previous thread did. If you do not like your group and would like to change, please let me know and I'll try to work something out.

Group A
  • [member="Darth Vornskr"]
  • [member="Krest"]
  • @[member="Kung Seilois"]
  • [member="Mikhail Shorn"]
  • [member="Lucien Cordel"]
  • [member="Seir'ari"]
Group B
  • [member="Ashe the Reaper"]
  • [member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
  • [member="HK-36"]
  • [member="Tamara"]
  • [member="Eternae Raziel"]
  • [member="Alexandra Cinthra"]
  • [member="Tal Kyramud"]
IF anyone would like to join in after these two threads are up, then I'll be putting you in Group C.

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Baroness Magrath"] - There were only actually two. After all, Saera is a minor and can't legally be alone without them or a legal guardian... but I'll work that out some other way, I guess.

Edit: If you put Ashe and Saera in the same group, it'll work out, because that's her mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom