Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anime Fans?

Hey y'all I was just curious if anyone here is into anime at all. And if so which ones are some of your favorites? Secondly if anyone has ever been to an anime Con and if so any tips? A friend got tickets for us both to head to Anime Oasis here in Boise Idaho. So idle curiosity got the better of me and I of course posted about it. :)

Celiana said:
I was just curious if anyone here is into anime at all.
There are tons of people with anime avatars, so I assume so. I even used an anime character as an avatar for one of my characters, but I think I was totally the best with that.

Celiana said:
And if so which ones are some of your favorites?
Psycho-Pass, Eva, and Katanagatari to name a few.

Darth Vornskr said:
a96.png

In general, I am not a huge Anime fan as I used to be, but the last anime I really liked was Hetalia: Axis Powers.

As you see in my avatar, its Belgium from APH. And shes personally my favourite character (and nation irl though I am American)

Solan Charr said:
Fate/Zero
Anything involving the word "Fate/" is extremely solid. I powered through Samurai Champloo last week, and that was fantastic. Made by the same guy who did Cowboy Bebop, which is also fantastic. Favorite of all time, excluding Fate/Stuff? Fairy Tail. Erza Scarlet is my queen.

Cyrus Tregessar said:
You ever heard of Legend of the Galactic Heroes?

Also, UC Gundam. I learned to fleet on a Gundam RP board (if that makes any sense).
Nope, never heard of that one.

Fabula Caromed said:
Anything involving the word "Fate/" is extremely solid. I powered through Samurai Champloo last week, and that was fantastic. Made by the same guy who did Cowboy Bebop, which is also fantastic. Favorite of all time, excluding Fate/Stuff? Fairy Tail. Erza Scarlet is my queen.
Isn't Fate just awesome... also ya, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun too, forgot those.

I enjoyed Akame Ga Kill for a while. Very fun anime.

Berserk was awesome. Just... oh man. Loved it.

I also very much enjoyed Parasyte. One of my favorites.

Fate series is awesome over all.

Long time Anime Fan. Usually go to the Anime Cons near where I live in Toronto, i.e. Anime North.

I have a wide interest, slice of life, scifi, mecha, comedy and shonen action.

Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Fist of the North Star, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Berserk (read the manga its better), Cowboy Bebop, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Macross, just to name few.

Bhaltair Dhimani

A little Ruff can go a long way
[member="Celiana"]

School Days is a trap. I enjoy Nisekoi, except for the parts where they use the anime girls to appeal to the young male audience IRL (it's during those times that I expect the FBI to come knocking down my door at any minute). Golden Time was good. The Pet Girl of Sakurasou was also good, but had those heavy cringe moments that I listed in Nisekoi. RWBY is the best.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
I got into anime because the main character of Kino's Journey uses a Colt 1851 Navy. I had used one as my carry weapon for about a year by the time I found out, and was intrigued enough to give it a look.

500px-KinoCannon1.jpg

I was expecting something along the lines of DBZ or some of the other stuff I watched occasionally as a kid, but what I got instead as a mature, thoughtful show that blended violence with philosophy and observations on the absurdity of human life.

From there, I asked my wife for recommendations. She gave me Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei:

Sayonara.Zetsubou.Sensei.full.437732.jpg

and Black Lagoon:

234015.jpg

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is an absurdist black comedy that feels like a Kafka fever dream. This is something that the writers are aware of, evidenced by their naming of one of the principle characters: Kafuka, a pathologically optimistic schoolgirl who can pass off the teacher trying to hang himself as an attempt to make himself taller. It's wonderfully weird, layering a heavy dose of surrealism over bold, bright artwork that does absolutely nothing to prepare you when it dips into nightmare fuel territory.

Black Lagoon is a straightforward shoot 'em up. It's a love letter to 80's and 90's action flicks, steeped heavily in Asian crime drama. Over the top action, brutal ultraviolence, and slick visuals make for a thrill ride that isn't necessarily the deepest show ever made, but certainly one of the most entertaining.

I love anime! Some of my favorites are Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, 00 Gundam, Deadman Wonderland, Your Lie in April, Psycho-Pass, Aldnoah.Zero, and Knights of Sidonia. I also really like the classics too, like Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Inuyusha, Sword Art Online, etc.

Cosplaying is one of my favorite things. My current cosplay lineup is Sumeragi from 00 Gundam, Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist, Runner 5 from Zombies, Run, and Emma from Once Upon a Time.

Conventions are really amazing. You have the opportunity to meet so many neat people. I've made a lot of friends through cons, and had the good fortunate to interact with a number of really cool people. Brad Swaile, who I am (not-so-)secretly in love with, is always willing to hang out with me when he visits Detroit. Lauren Landa, the voice of Annie in Attack on Titan, wrote a letter to one of my students who really loves anime. I love cons, and would encourage anyone who was considering it to go try one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom