Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anime Fans?

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
Samurai Champloo, Sengoku Basara, Berserk, Spice & Wolf, Deadman Wonderland, Guilty Crown, and One Punch Man.

These come to mind.

I lived in Japan for 7 years throughout my 20's, during which I was converted over as an anime/manga fan.

Since so much has already been covered, I'll address a few I haven't yet seen talked about.

I'd have to say that Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (lit. "The Town Without Me", English title "Erased") is probably the best anime made in the last year. It combines several aspects of different genres, primarily slice of life, time travel, and a murder mystery to boot. I'd compare it to Quantum Leap, except the traveler is leaping back to events and moments in his own life.

If you're in for movies: Colorful and Grave of the Fireflies are on my "must see for every anime fan" list

This character that I'm writing was heavily inspired by the main character from Jormungand, which I'd recommend for a more action oriented series. And another in the sci-fi realm is Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars.

Vustia said:
DRAGON BALL
DRAGON BALL Z
DRAGON BALL SUPER
DRAGON BALL GT
NARUTO
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN
SWORD ART ONLINE

dsgstd.gif

You can do better than that, hon. Just because it's mainstream doesn't mean it's worth watching.

*deep breath, edits out hostility*

I can appreciate that you have different tastes. I still firmly believe that those are some of the worst excuses for anime to dominate the mainstream, but your opinion obviously differs. I will lay off.

This thread is over a year old, but I've just realised that community has a completely different taste in anime to me.
I'd be interested to see what [member="Fabula Caromed"] like if they're still active. Personally I've not got into many action series, just because they bore me after the first few episodes unless they have a good story to go along with the action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom