Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Age of Iron (Siobhan)

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Kinda trusting the man in how he spoke, and his willingness, she could have touched their scrolls and peeked but this was private, not fair on sis to take her memory. Shifting feet unsettled, Natoline was very animated, very much motion not sitting still for all too long, wanderlust another might call it, only now she looked to wander between the places or people she cared about. So desperate to be there for each of them so she didn’t lose their family, too desperate, too much hinged on it after all that had happened.

“You’re so brave mum.” Nato said to Sio, because she put her heart out there, especially doing this most of all, risking everything. Kissing her mums cheek if she would let her, then she would scuttle her way to tegs, and depending on if her other mum withdrew, or not, would speak and comfort, heart on her sleeve as always.

To tegs she whispered too, but not beyond hearing of all, “she loves you all so much,” still Nato separated herself in the words, but not in emotion she felt it from all of them beyond the anger, and fear for losing those they loved or being hurt by the strength of that expression. “Don’t be angry with her, please.” Her last word accentuated most of all, if tegs let her, she stood on her tip toes to kiss Tegs cheek too, and then scuttled off to stand behind Galina somewhere not wanting to push her luck with anyone.

Natoline was proud of her sis when she spoke next, Galina's courage, wanting to know, and kept herself hidden away now, having done all she could, she felt a bit drained truth be told. In a way this was Nato risking herself going between these strong emotions, and was somewhat timid as to how her act would turn out, or what they'd think of her when she retreated like a mouse to her proverbial corner.
[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]​

"It is what I want." Galina said quickly.

Her attention then turned quickly to Siobhan as her mother grew more angry as the conversation progressed. Truth be told Siobhan being angry actually frightened her a little bit, though she was careful to not let that show. "Mum, please .... don't." She said quietly. The last thing she wanted was for this to escalate into a fight and for people to get hurt.

As for Hans, "Died... I see." He frowned, deeply concerned with what Galina had to endure alone. But he hardly had time to say a word on that as Siobhan went on. He cringed slightly as the woman lifted the table into the air, though he was more afraid than he was letting on. "Point made." He said quickly, wanting to end the tension with the force at play quickly.

She did catch something that she hadn't before. "T-those weren't my parents?" She asked voice trembling as she spoke.

"I'm sorry Galina but, I'm afraid not. Your parents died a long time ago. You're mother soon after giving birth to you, and your father in a battle with the Rahls."

She nodded taking that in, feeling a bit numb if truth be told. "My siblings?"

He shook his head. "The two guardians who cared for you, they were their children. But they might as well have been your siblings, just not by blood. They did love you, all of them."

That hit her harder than she imagined. In just a few moments her entire life and what she thought she knew had been turned upside down.

"You wanted to see the letter, yes?"

Galina nodded without a word. The words just weren't there for a verbal reply.

Stepping forward he handed the letter to the young redhead. "Your birth mother wanted so much to be there for you, Galina. Just, well .. read the scroll. I'm sure you'll have many questions after. I'll answer what I can."

Sighing heavily Galina took the aged scoll into her hands. Carefully she broke the seal and unrolled the paper. Already she could feel her heart pounding within her chest. Are you sure you want to know? It's not like this hasn't already turned my life upside down. To walk away now, I'll always be curious to know what she wanted to tell me. She finally took a seat on a nearby couch, feeling she'd need it.

The letter wasn't written in basic but in her native language.

My daughter,

I don't think you could have been born under harsher circumstances. The harshest winter yet has clung to this word, and outside the battle rages on. I want you to know, I believe in you. You've already survived much. I know you are a fighter.

I wish I could have been there to tell you this myself. The world unfortunately doesn't always let us have what we want. And these are dangerous words to write, especially as the Rahl's advance further, and their spies are everywhere.

You are now the last of the Valade line. There is no one else. No one else who can rally the people behind them, who can overthrow them. The time will come that you are going to have to fight. Fight for yourself, your people, your world, your throne. You will be queen, I know it. I feel it in my bones. You will be a force of nature. You will be unassailable.

I have asked Hans to hide you, to see that you are safely tucked away with the Guardians. I trust that they will do all they can to protect you, continung to do their duty as they have been sworn to do. I am sorry that I will not be there to see you grow up. To see you take your first steps, say your first word. All I have is this one moment with you in this life. But do not forget I'll always be by your side, in spirit I will be there watching over you, angel.

I'm leaving you alone to a terribly uncertain future. I wanted the world for you. I wanted the Rahls to fall at your feet. To see you regain your crown. And as much as I wish I could, I cannot protect you when I'm gone, I have to trust others to do that for me.

Be strong my child, you have the same gift that both your father and I have. It is a powerful tool. And while the Rahls have used it for great harm, it can equally be used for good. You have the power to heal and unit the people under one banner. Even the mages are not happy with the Rahls. Turmoil is spreading within the ranks and by the time you are of age, I doubt that will have changed. It is discontent that has been bubbling beneath the surface for over a thousand years. You can harness that and build a follow on name alone. Show the people you are there for them, believe in them, and they will believe in you.

Galina, you can do this. I fear without you, Sigma will fall into darkness forever. It's people suffering endlessly. Be the force of good that changes all of that, I know you can. I believe in you, little one. You are so much more powerful than you know. Trust yourself. Believe in yourself. Fear nothing. You are a Queen. Destined to save our home. Fated.

For me, time is running out. I love you, but I have no doubt I'll see you again someday. Goodbye Galina. May the stars guide your way.

Galina reached up wiping a tear away as she finished reading it. Things in her past that seemed odd, strange were starting to make more sense to her. This letter just helped to put everything into it's proper place. She set the letter to the side and slumped against the back of the couch. It didn't seem real, but in her heart she knew it was. Anxiously she glanced up between her family members.Still she couldn't seem to form a single sentence to speak, nor a question to ask. It was as if something had stolen them away from her. Shock was probably the right term for what she was feeling in that particular moment.

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

As had been amply demonstrated before, Tegaea was no great of hereditary rule in general, and monarchy in particular. Her jaw had clenched as the tale of woe unfolded, angry, angry with the deception and misdirection of Galina’s family. She eyed the scroll and its unfamiliar script.

“Chesna,” she said, fixing the probable demi-goddess with an intent look.
“Yes, Mistress,” Chesna said. “Relax, Galina,” she said, moving over and picking up the scroll. Eyes closed, Chesna started to speak aloud, telepathically translating the language from Galina’s own memories.

When she was done and had laid the scroll down, Tegaea turned to the man.
“So, is this how real monarchies work? Someone who never even knew they were royalty magically has a destiny and lineage to become Queen? A family who has not ruled for what, nine hundred is it, still has a mystical claim to the throne? Were this not my daughter we were discussing I would throw you from our house with my own hands.”

Tegaea trembled slightly as she brought her temper under control.
“I have heard you out, Hans, but I am not enlisting Galina to play puppet in your glorious restoration. Birth does not grant you the right to rule over someone, you must earn it. And would my daughter magically fix your planet’s problems by taking the throne? If Emperor Palpatine’s long lost descendant came and claimed the Galactic Empire’s crown I would not bow before him. Maybe when Galina is a mature woman, a leader, then she can choose to play your game of thrones.”

She regretted letting him in, to spread his mirage for her daughter to fall into, but it was too late. Besides, she had not expected millennia old dynastic plots.
Clearly Tegaea would not have approved of ‘Return of the King’.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

"I'm alright, Nato, I'm glad you're here," Siobhan said softly, giving her daughter a pat on the back. She watched, more or less in the background while Galina read the letter from her real mother. "She was just moving on from her horrible past, now she gets pulled back in." Then she looked it over herself, or rather she had Chesna translate it for her. I should've just thrown him out, she thought to herself bitterly. The only thing preventing her from doing so was Galina's probable reaction.

"I said the same from the start," Siobhan muttered to herself after Tegaea had finished her speech of righteous anger. No, she was not even remotely in a good mood, but at least she was no longer directing her foul mood against her wife since they seemed to be on the same page again

"This is preposterous and cruel. Our daughter never knew she was royalty and now, like by the wave of a magic wand, is supposed to 'reclaim her destiny'. Leaders aren't made that way and it's absurd to expect us to send her back to that hellhole, so that she can be a pawn. After all, that's what she'd be isn't it, since she's never learned to rule herself. All she wants is a normal life. I know this sounds harsh, but Sigma's people should stop chasing myths and take their fate in their own hands. You've had almost a millennia to topple your tyrants yourself," she said bluntly.

The claim that Galina had a 'royal destiny' because her family had ruled nine hundred years ago, struck Siobhan as absurd as the Fel Empire. Turning away from Hans she walked over to Galina. "Dear, I'm...so sorry," she said, at a loss for words because seriously, what did you say in a situation like this? Not really knowing what to do, she pulled her daughter into a hug. "You're still my little angel."

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Flump, her nose tensed and she felt her toes curl up uncomfortably at Galina's scroll being read, kinda like your whole world just dropped out from under you, yeah, memories. Her mums more than had the protective bit covered, she felt sorta sorry for their messenger by this point, but her little heart was breaking for Galina. What could she do? Biting her nails awkwardly, natoline went to the fridge and made Galina's favorite or at least what Nato assumed was her favorite drink, as well as some tea, poured it into a cup and squatted down beside her, leaving it within reach and rubbing her arm.

Sio picked her sis up in a hug and Nato half smiled, all feels for her sis, taking a moment to offer their messenger a cup of Sapir tea, everything was better with Sapir tea, maybe, she felt helpless but she could do tea. If he didn't take it she just sipped on it herself, but by the end everyone in the room had a cup of sapir and if they were lucky sapir and mint tea beside them, whether they really wanted it or not, steaming away. If nothing else well... no it was a stupid gesture, but flump, better than crying for Galina.

Leaning on top of their couches back, she was fidgety, “sis,” but Nato didn't want to ask more, when the world had dropped from under her, she'd felt numb and she couldn't talk then either. Quietly putting a hand to her Galina's arm softly, like she sometimes did with care in her eyes. Her expression open, any response, anger, hurt, grief, anything would be okay and help more than closing up.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]​

Galina shook her head. Her mothers seemed to have it figured out, but she knew it was further complicated by her own feelings. For a moment she let Siobhan hug her as she thought over her own response, carefully wording it despite the angry that was beginning to well up inside. She pulled away and glanced between her two mothers. She glanced to Nato. Her mind was set on this path now, even if her family didn't yet realise it. The world certainly had been ripped from under her and so much had changed in a single moment.

"The people there have been suffering endlessly, pushed down and crushed beneath the heels of the Rahls. So many people, children even caught in the middle. I'm just supposed to do nothing? Leave them be? My friends, people I cared for. It's not that simple."

"And Mum? Normal life? When has life for me actually been normal? There's nothing normal about my life, from child soldier, to surviving a crash that by all means should have killed me, to the million to one odds of surviving a harsh arctic island with fearsome creatures with no survival skills and no tools save what I could make alone, to the one in a billion chance of being found on said island, to the Force and learning I have it, to this very moment. What in any of that has been normal? The closest I had to normal was you and Mum, but even that wasn't quite normal. You know it. I know it."

"And this is not a reflection upon you or mum and how you have cared for me, loved me. But since I've been here there has been this inexplicable pull back to Sigma. Dreams of events there, things I know haven't happened yet. And things that have." It seemed Galina to some degree had the gift of foresight, even if she wasn't quite willing to call it that.

"I've wanted to go back for a long time. I have people I care for, people I don't even know if they are even alive, and I need to know. I just ... I didn't want to tell you, because I was afraid of this kind of reaction. Because I knew you'd never allow it. And I didn't want to break your hearts in the process, or hurt you in any way. I love you all. So, I said nothing. Sigma is still home to me. It's in my blood and in my bones, that hasn't changed. Only thing that has, is the second home and a real family that I gained. Which leaves me torn somewhere between two worlds, two lives."

"And while this may sound harsh, Mum ... You don't know what I want in life. You never asked. Neither of you have."

"And because they have been a set of non-force users, playing by the rules for a thousand years, while the Rahls simply do not care what it takes to crush them, I again am supposed to let them be. Let them suffer and die? That isn't right."

"You seem to forget, it's a war I've personally fought in. I know what I saw, what I felt. I've bloody well been there and know exactly how hard, and how many lives, including the lives of young children it's cost trying to remove them! So don't you dare blame them for not removing them! You haven't a clue what it's like there!" Galina was getting more than a little upset, and that just pushed her over the edge.

"And how many more people have to die, before it's okay to step in? A million? Two million? Ten million? A hundred Million? When will the rest of the Galaxy notice? The Jedi? The Sith? Anyone?! The rest of the galaxy hardly gives a crap. It's just a backwater world, with few resources worth anything and a low tech level. Why would anyone care? It's just another war, right?"

"Wrong." She said coldly.

"It's my home, my birthplace. Which makes it my war. And even if I didn't have an ounce of royal blood, I'd still care. I'd still want to do something."

"And for the record, I'm no one's pawn!" She snapped, fiercely angry at that point. So much so that the temperature in the room was starting to drop. Her cryomancy skills rising to the surface unintentionally.

Closing her eyes she took a deep breath in, trying to gain her composure back while still being incredibly upset. "I want to help them. This isn't something I can just walk away from and let it go. They need help and no one else in the galaxy is coming. So do not ask me to do nothing. I still love you both, don't ask me to let this be. I can't do that. Not this time."

Even Hans seemed to shrink down, not wanting to get involved in what he saw as an argument between mother and daughter. It wasn't his place to intervene now, only to protect. He hadn't exactly expected the reaction from any of the women involved.

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

Tegaea stared at her daughter in astonishment. Then her jaw clenched and her mind began to form words which she knew she would regret. A long and somewhat bitter distrust of fate as an instrument, ingrained republicanism and just a little scorn filled her.

‘Then go, Galina, if you must! We love you as a daughter, but it is clear that your birth family holds a hold over your sanity as well as your mind. What will you do, oh returning Queen, go to Sigma and ask them to give back the throne? Maybe you can convince them that it’s the Fate and that the Force will make things better and favour the return of the Queen? After all, isn’t it natural that we should all want the return of an unelected despot to rule over us?’

Fortunately Tegaea thought much, much better of that and said nothing. Her daughter was only trying to do what was best. It was her job to help where she could, not hinder.

Incidentally, any telepaths in the room would have felt a serious backwash of emotion in Tegaea’s mind, and Chesna had winced, as if expecting a storm.

“I…see…” she said after a long moment. “Well, if that’s what you think is right…we will help you as we can, Galina. That is…if you want our help.”

She took a deep breath, let it out. If anything, Chesna seemed more relieved, letting out a small giggle which she shushed with a hand over the mouth.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Siobhan's jaw clenched tightly as she stared at Galina. As a matter of fact, she was so shocked that she released her from her embrace and pulled away.

Unlike Tegaea, Siobhan did not have much of a problem with monarchies in principle, as long as she liked the monarch. No, as far as she was concerned Galina was being foolish and...ungrateful! Siobhan and Tegaea had given the girl everything, now she was throwing it away to chase a fantasy in the name of a birth family she'd never known.

Galina might be an adult age-wise, but she had the maturity of a child. You queen and mope any time Tempest wants to teach you the Force, and you want to go back to that hellhole run by evil wizards. What do you think they'll do, throw the towel just because you're waving your little flag? Because your ancestores were rulers once upon a time. If I were a Sigma native, I wouldn't give you the time of the day. Do you know how to lead? No.

She felt like lashing out. Galina had made up her mind anyway and wanted to ride boldly and well. Fine, let her go. Then she took a very deep breath. Poor Chesna was probably suffering a serious backlash since Siobhan's mental barriers were all down and she was emoting like crazy. Perhaps Tegaea's words helped calm her down, perhaps she saw how earnest Galina was.

After all, if she'd been in her shoes, would she have acted any differently? Probably not. "You're my daughter. I'm not letting you go back to that hellhole," she said. There was a pause for no real reason over than drama. "Not without me. If we want to help Sigma, we're doing it the right way." Her hands were shaking and there were tears in her eyes.

Congratulations Rahls, congratulations to anyone who ever hurt Galina. You just pissed Siobhan off and she wants to kill you all.

Galina cringed as Siobhan pulled away, she expected a trirade to follow and fierce anger. She expected similar from Tegaea. The reaction that followed wasn't what she expected at all. Galina had expected there to be more of a fight from both her parents. But that didn't happen. She glanced nervously and looked a little confused. It took a moment for her to compose herself once more.

"Of course, I want your help. I do love you both, and leaving you behind isn't what I want to do. I only want the suffering to end that has lasted far too long. Kids should never be conscripted for war. Not like I was. Not ever."

Seeing the tears in Siobhan's eyes made Galina realize that her words might have stung more than she intended. Sighing heavily, she took a seat on a nearby couch. Her mind was still reeling from the news. From the reality that the people who died in the crash onto the island, weren't her parents. And that her parents had been gone for much longer than she even knew. And then of course there was the matter of her lineage. Though that part of things seemed the most distant to her. As if it was some foreign concept she couldn't quite grasp.

"I just want to help. If I don't, we don't .... There isn't anyone else who is going to do so." She said with a sigh, before leaning forward to rest her head in her hands.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea stood silent listening to them. Siobhan’s offer to help was not unexpected. Tegaea did not offer the same; she would be of little use and someone had to run things whilst Sio was away. However, she did smile slightly.

“Even though you are not our daughter by blood you have gained personalities from us as if you were. We will gladly offer what support we can.”

It was at this moment that Tempest stepped forward. She had watched the discussion with varying levels of irritation, worry and resignation. Unlike Tegaea she didn’t object to royalty and was all for Galina reclaiming what was hers…but she felt she was unready.

“Galina, I’m coming with you two,” she said in a tone which brooked no argument. “And we’re bringing backup. If these mages are as bad as you say then we’ll need heavy firepower to break them up. And you need more training before you can face them yourself.”

[member="Tempest"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

And that means no more chickening out of training because you're afraid of turning evil, Siobhan thought rather harshly. It felt to her like she'd been far too soft and irresponsible with her child.

"Ok. But when we return, you'll have to be prepared," she said, nodding towards Tempest and Tegs. "Because when we set foot on Sigma, it'll mean war. You've experienced it as a victim, but this time others will be dying in your name. You'll have to learn to fight, but also about responsibility and leadership - and not avoid training because the mages will stop at nothing to kill you."

Galina sighed, and glanced up to Tegaea, Tempest and Siobhan. She couldn't really smile at that point, far too much was weighing on her mind. "I'm glad to hear that." The young woman said quietly.

"Thank you, Tempest." The redhead then nodded knowing Tempest was right. "It's going to take a lot to uproot the Rahls, that I know." The girl felt entirely out of her depth. Galina simply carried little knowledge about what this would truly require. Something she was going to have to learn and quickly if they stood any chance.

War. A part of her knew that was where all of this was leading. A part of her had never considered what would happen if she were to get pulled back to Sigma. The idea of people dying for her, in her name was a hard concept to wrap her mind around. It would take time for her adjust to this new reality. "I'll do whatever it takes, mum. I want to help set Sigma right again." She gave a sad nod. So far she had gone unnoticed in life. Her life had been somewhat normal. Somewhat. Now, however it was all going to change. "I understand. It's what I have to do, and I'll do it." Maybe the girl just needed a cause to fight for to put her on the right path where she didn't resist who and what she was. Much less who she was becoming. Maybe she'd finally stop resisting the training and teachings that she'd been so concerned about. One could hope.

"Where do we go from here?" She asked after a long moment of silence.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

“Well, there’s a great deal to do before you go anywhere,” Tegaea said flatly.

“We’ll need to send recon to Sigma to determine the exact situation and threat levels of the Rahls. Perhaps your man here can help with that,” she said, gesturing to the messenger.

“Next, you will need to complete your training with the Force to Tempest and your mum’s satisfaction, you’ll also need training in modern combat and strategy. Sergeant Solveig can see to that. We will then need to assemble an expedition, equip it and dispatch it, after having determined where the revolutionaries are located. Mixed in with all of that you’ll have to learn how to be a queen. I can’t teach you that…maybe Anya can give you some etiquette lessons…but I can teach you a few things about ruling.”

“If we get through all that and the time is right and you’re still determined to go then Siobhan will lead the expedition to Sigma.”

Needless to say Tegaea was clearly betting on Galina losing interest before all these necessary steps were taken.

Siobhan nodded after Tegaea had spoken, then glanced over to Hans. "I'll require any information you can provide us on the Rahls, the revolutionaries and the current social and economic situation on Sigma. My head of intelligence, Colonel Valdier, will debrief you. Anything of import is vital."

That would definitely be fun. Then she turned her attention back to Galina. "We all help you, but in the end if you want to do this you'll have to take the plunge. If you become queen - and remember, it's been almost a millennia since your family sat on the throne, that's ancient history - , every part of your life will be under scrutiny, you will have to make the big decisions, even if they upset people. And make no mistake, if the Rahls are overthrown the troubles won't be over. The real work just begins then given what a hellhole it is. And not everyone who claims to be your friend will have your best intentions at heart." Hans seemed an alright sort and she believed his devotion was genuine, but the same could not be said for others.

"I figured as much." Galina said quietly, her eyes down mostly thinking things through.

The girl then nodded, and looked up to Hans. Galina didn't doubt for a second that he had plenty of information about the current state of affairs on her homeworld. "Of course I can help with that." He replied quietly, mostly just trying to stay out of the way in an otherwise delicate situation.

Galina nodded again. She might dislike the idea of training and her powers, but now for a change she saw a potential use for them beyond herself. Still, it made her nervous, but Galina couldn't push it aside any longer. She'd have to step up if she was going to do any good at all. And now, there was a danger she could see to herself that merited learning how to protect herself.

"Okay, mum." The redhead said softly to Tegaea, acknowledging her point and not resisting in the least. It all made perfect sense to her. If only Tegs and Siobhan knew how stubborn and determined Galina could be. Her mind was made up as far as she was concerned.

She then turned to Siobhan and listened closely. "I understand." At least she thought she did. In time she'd figure out on her own how little she really did. "I'll do whatever it takes. Whatever I have to do. I know, there's a lot I have to do. A lot I have to learn, but I can do it and I want to. If anything just to free Sigma from the grip of the Rahls. The people deserve that much."

Hans nodded to Siobhan, "I'll give you every last bit of information I have, gladly. Anything to help our people. I'm sure through the Guardians we can obtain almost any information you desire, beyond what knowledge I personally have." He turned to Galina, "Any resource I have, is readily available for you. You only have to ask."

There was one small matter left in Hans eyes to address. "Galina will need protection. The Rahls are relentless. And they do have prophets on their side. There is a distinct possibility of them being aware that Galina is alive and that plans are being set in motion. I have little doubt that it's only a matter of time before their agents become a legitimate threat to her."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea’s mood had hardly improved, and now Hans was painting a rosy picture. When she was in OP she called it the ‘Exile Syndrome’; the Exiles were always the rightful leaders dispossessed by a small group of radicals, and always had universal support. Or so they said when they wanted their planets liberated and themselves put in charge.

Though it might be true that Sigma was afflicted by civil war Tegaea wondered whether the noble and virtuous rebels who would support her daughter would be any better. She’d seen civil wars on Eriadu and elsewhere and both sides were never so easy to label as ‘good’ or ‘evil’.

She felt like making a sour comment that were they to win all manner of people would sprout from the woodwork claiming they’d always been against the Rahls and only fear had prevented them overthrowing the tyrants.

Unable to contain her irritation anymore, but equally unwilling to drive her daughter to rashness, she nodded to her and Hans.
“Then we will begin preparations in the morning. Good evening,” she said curtly and left.

Measured steps, casual stance, blank expression. She’d mastered all of them to mask her emotions over the years. Once she was out of earshot though she swore viciously, and at length. A walk would cool her down, she figured, and with things as they were she might even find a crown under a Hawthorn bush….

Siobhan's expression was determined, blank. She did not trust the plucky rebels who supposedly believed only Galina could save them - and according to Sio's cynical mind might just want to manipulate her - as a matter of fact she largely saw Sigma as the place that had put her daughter through hell.

She was here for her daughter. Anyone from the planet who wished her ill was fethed. "When Rahl assassins come, I will slaughter them and send their heads back to Sigma," she said flatly. This was not a joke.

Tegaea left and Siobhan felt troubled. You did not stay married to someone for so many years without knowing your partner well. Well, you could, but then it was probably a very shallow marriage. "It's alright, Galina. I just need to...talk to your mum. Tempest, can you please stay with Galina and give Mirien a call?" So that Hans could be debriefed and stuff. Giving her daughter another hug, she quickly turned away and limped after her wife. Fortunately Tegaea was not running because otherwise catching up would be a bit difficult.

Galina looked to Tegs as she headed out of the room. A sigh followed. There was little she could do at least in this moment to ease Tegaea's mood. Her mind was made up, and well Galina probably was a little too stubborn for her own good. But she did worry and wonder what Tegaea was really thinking. Still she wasn't about to ask. No way.

No one needed to tell the young Firemane that Siobhan was deadly serious. Remind me never to get on her bad side. She thought to herself. Galina quickly hugged Sio in return and let her leave to follow after Tegaea. "Okay mum." Spoken quietly as the redhead retreated into her own thoughts for a moment.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tempest nodded and sat closer to Galina. “So if you’re going to do this, you’re going to have to put maximum effort in. No more holding back.”

Meanwhile Tegaea had finished her tirade against the empty air by the time Siobhan appeared. She gave her wife and grim look.
“You were right. We should have thrown the man out ass over tip. But our daughter is an adult, in body if not in mind yet. She deserved to know, just like it’s her right to pursue this quixotic and foolish crusade. I do not like any of this, Siobhan, and if I did not have affection for her I’d just give her a bolter, a ship and some well wishes. Now we’re going on a full-on liberation mission against a barely known enemy.”

“But I think we’re both on the same page here, Sio. We’re not committing a single woman to this unless we think there’s a chance to win…and some hope of return. If that’s not good enough for Galina she can try herself, if she is so obsessed she puts dreams above people.”

Tegaea stared up at the sky, let out a long breath. “So, any thousand year old queendoms you’re heir to? We’ve probably got a 2-for-1 deal this year,” she said with a chuckle.

"Oh, I'm totally the princess of Nar Shaddaa. My family ruled before the Hutts!" Siobhan stepped towards her wife and gently wrapped her arms around her.

"I don't care about Sigma. I bet once we're there and the Rahls were beaten, everyone will suddenly claim they were just 'waiting' for the 'true queen' to return, so that they can manipulate her. If the band of rebels can't muster the pluck to do something about their situation and need a child to guide them, then they're pathetic."

Very cold and self-centred, but Sio had clear priorities. "But I care about our daughter. She's being rash, naive and foolish, but she's our little girl. I can't let my little angel go to that hellhole alone and get herself killed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom