Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Age of Iron (Siobhan)

Galina and Siobhan certainly had a good run at Monopoly, but as usual Galina won in the end. Curled upon the couch they settled in to watch the documentary on Cylixes. Siobhan certainly knew the perfect thing to distract her little one with.

Time passed and once again Tempest would soon be able to join them. At least now Galina had relaxed a little bit and the lakeside events were a little more distant to her. Something she could not in the least complain about. Though, those events she was unlikely to forget for sometime.

[member="Tempest"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tempest"]

And so time passed and when Siobhan woke up she would find that she had fallen asleep with little Galina. The telly was still on. Right now it was running some sort of cartoon. Aww, wasn't this scene adorable? In any case, she gently disentangled herself from her little one and, after giving her a kiss on the cheek, got washed and dressed.

Apparently it was not that early anymore, but the maidens had prepared breakfast. Presumably after such a vigorous night of worshipping the Goddess Ardarvia Tempest needed something to get her strength and stamina back! After all, the rituals could be very taxing and intense.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Tempest entered. Her white hair was a bit disordered and she looked a bit sleepy still. However, she pulled up a seat beside Galina.
“Sleep well, dear?” she asked in a friendly way. When Siobhan entered she gave her boss a nod of welcome.

Galina woke soon after Siobhan did. It had been a restful night for her. Something that she needed. It didn't take her long to get changed, and head into the dining room. Tempest soon enough joined them.

"Yes." She said quietly, still seeming a bit shy and a fair bit guarded towards Tempest. Though, her thoughts soon drifted back to the previous events. "So what is the plan now?" The young woman asked, wondering if Sio or Tempest would speak first as she glanced between them.

[member="Tempest"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tempest"]

"Good morning, sweetie," Siobhan spoke warmly to Tempest, then gave the Dahomian a kiss, then sat down herself. Seeing that Galina was being shy and guarded towards Tempest, she reached out to stroke her daughter's hair, giving her a hopefully encouraging smile.

"I don't have any big plans for today, but I'd like to spend some time with both if you. Both of you could use a break from training today," she said, hoping to make things less awkward. Little did she know that soon little Galina would be receiving an unexpected visitor!

And so as the Force Gods will it, there would be a lengthy time skip bringing our beloved adventurers to present day on Tygara. Change was in the air in more ways than one. Galina had grown more comfortable with her talents. However, she still didn't like to use them unless there was no alternative, or training required it of her. She was also finally starting to settle into her new life on Tygara and all the things that came with it.

Change was always inevitable. And while it seemed like things had settled mostly for the Kerrigan clan, there was another surprise that was about to walk right into their lives. One that would forever change them. Once more the trio, Tempest, Siobhan, and Galina were all seated at the breakfast table in the Kerrigan-Alcori home on Tygara.

At this very moment the doorbell would ring with a most unexpected visitor. This time a fair haired manling would be standing at the door, looking for one single young woman. His clothing had more than seen better days, and he looked quite worn, as if having traveled long and far to get here. In hand was a simple paper scroll, with Galina's name upon it. "I'm looking for a young woman by the name of Galina. It's quite important and urgent that I see her." He said quickly in a heavily accented basic. An accent that the young redhead would no doubt recognize.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"]

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

And so, because this writer was at a loss at how to write this time skip, Galina’s writer has kindly stepped in.

And so, another day, another breakfast, another planet. This time Tegaea came in to join them, since by this stage she was much more active in her daughters’ lives.

Of course, the manling had not been able to reach their door without notice. His descent and arrival had been shadowed by Eldorai, none of whom were particularly PC about males. One couldn’t trust them after all! As a side note this had spawned the slightly absurd #malelivesmatter movement.

Chesna greeted him at the door, wearing something a bit more family friendly than usual.
“I can take you to Galina. Might I know what this is about?” she asked.
She quickly deduced that the man before her was quite earnest in his intent, but she had her senses attuned for any odd note or lie he might say.

‘Manling wishes to see Galina,’ she communicated to Siobhan. ‘Seems legit’.

[member="Tempest"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Siobhan resolutely dismissed the #malelivesmatter movement. Ironically, when it came to gender roles her views were pretty much the same as those of the Eldorai Old Guard with whom she otherwise quarelled. In any case, she received Chesna's telepathic message and frowned. She did not like strangers randomly appearing!

"Ask him who he is, how he knows her and what he wants from her. Have the guards search him for weapons. If he protests, I don't care," she transmitted back to Chesna. She glanced over towards Tegaea. "Unknown manling showed up and wants to see Galina." Her tone was very suspicious. "I'll go see him." With that she got up and departed from the dining room. However, before she went to the ante-room she took a detour and got herself a shatterpistol.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Kaeshana… Natoline, with all her feelings of discontent, or emptiness at losing her home she’d found so much joy in, and badly missing her lover, was smiling, as happy as you like, because that was her. Didn’t mean she wasn’t hurtin’, but she wasn’t letting that show either, even if perhaps she had been late to her meals or left her room's cupboards fuller than usual, that wasn’t too much to worry about!

What was more worrying was the many days she’d spent at the memory vaults not too far a walk from her new home. Thousands or more artefacts that Fyor had brought for her, taken from their shelters they had built, from refugees or older couples who made peace with their fates, and people that Nato had promised to take memories of to let them live on. One day she'd have that place full of love, but at the moment her vaults were a cluttered mess! Much like her room!

Clutching a whole bag of those same memories she wanted to investigate in her little arms, she plopped them down on their breakfast table, sitting herself up beside Galina, opposite everyone else. Been a little while since they really had a chance to talk, with her rescue and her time at the vaults, she was often away, maybe they'd get chance!

Bright Nato smile on to everyone, “Heya everyone, sis,” she said pulling out some juice from their fridge, “want some?” Offering around, and hopping up beside Galina, her ears perked up when she peeked her head toward a departing sio, “erm you kinda got'ta visitor.” Drat! Nato pulled her hair back, wearing some as usual red looking overstyled and under-practical outdoorsie looking getup. Everyone hopefully distracted, if nobody wanted juice she swigged her score from their carton before sneaking it back in their fridge, stealthy! Even if she got an eyebrow raise from a servant, she just winked!

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]​

He only eyed Chesna for a moment and gave a small nod. "I would rather not disclose everything until I've seen her. But it has to do with her heritage, her birthright. It is rather urgent and lives are on the line, hers included." It wasn't said in any bit of a threatening manner, but one filled with concern, worry and burden. He'd kept this secret for far too long. Galina was needed back on Sigma. If she could accept who she was. If she couldn't well then it was his duty to warn her that despite being so far away from her home, it would not stop the Rahls from chasing her, trying to kill her. After all, the redhead was just a loose end, one that threatened their throne.

As for weapons, when searched none would be found. He hadn't thought that carrying such an item into a situation like this was a good idea. And he wasn't about to resist. It was too important to bring the news to the royal, even if she had no clue that she was one.

Galina perked up hearing her name across the breakfast table and seemed a bit confused. Who could possibly be here to see her? She glanced to Nato, her brown knitted together, not quite understanding the situation. "To see me?" The redhead then started to get up, keen to follow her mother to see who it was. "Are we sure he isn't lost? And looking for another Galina?" Because that would totally make sense to her.

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Though it might seem like a slightly over the top reaction to a visitor, the family had reason to be cautious! In the past mysterious visitors at the door had turned out to be far less pleasant than they let on.

Tempest gave Nato and Galina a nod, then rose and took position behind Galina. With Siobhan behind the visitor and Tempest in front, he would be exceptionally foolish to try anything.
“I’m very sure there’s no other Galinas on this planet,” Tempest said grimly.

Chesna meanwhile folded her arms and looked at him doubtfully.
“This isn’t a Dahomian Prince scam, is it? What’s your name? Random tales of doom aren’t going to convince me to let you in. Does Galina know you?”
So she decided to have a little rummage in his head unobtrusively and see if his surface memories told a story.

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tempest"]

Over the top? Perhaps, but Siobhan did not care. She had always been a bit overprotective and what had happened to Nato on Kaeshana only made her more cautious. Besides, the clan had a history of mysterious visitors popping up with malicious intent. "Galina, stay with Nato and Tegs," Siobhan said before she entered the ante-room where the mysterious visitor was.

Her shatterpistol was on her hip. Maybe it was a bit over the top to bring a pistol-sized railgun, but she did not care much! "Answer her questions. You won't see Galina unless you do and if your answers satisfy us. I'm her mother," she said sternly, crossing her arms. Nothing like having an overprotective, femnazi mother with superpowers!

Starleaves n Stimcafs
After letting go a giggle at prince scams... Nato guarded their fridge, well really she was mimicking the others, her place plopped up near her sister was not without some little tact, if only maybe to offer emotional support or reach out with her more emotive sense. Something stirred inside the Kiffar girl, and her crystals ached inside of her gain, like muscles needing a rest.

“s'okay,” Nato whispered quietly to galina so that only she might hear, “sure that things are okay.” Why, well Nato was part empathic and she was getting waves off their visitor, but y’know, they warmed her heart so much to see how protective everyone was of her sis, she didn't dare or even want to interrupt their moment. If you looked close enough you might see little teary eyed reminders that was wiped away quickly from her face.

“Kinda feels, dunno, okay Galina.” Nato gave a little pffft of her hair out of her face, and nibbled on a cracker of some kind, pressing her shoulders together inward, to feel familiar shivers when something important was in their air. Her feelings were always vague about stuff about to happen, her head too far in their past, but they were there all the same.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]​

"But Mum..." Galina started to protest but soon gave in and sat back down in the kitchen to wait for whatever it was to be settled. All of it left her feeling uneasy and unsure of what was happening. There was however, a sense of familiarity that rang out to her in the Force. She felt like she knew whoever was out there in some capacity. And that alone made her itch to go and see who it was.

Galina nodded to Natoline. "I hope so." The young woman just was trying her best to shrug the situation off, but the whole thing was making her antsy. "I just .... I have a feeling I know whoever is out there... I don't want to sit here and wait for mum and Tempest to sort it out. I just ... I want to know." She whispered quietly to Nato.
____________________________________________________________​

The man looked confused for a moment, utterly unsure of what Chesna was referring to exactly. "Daho-what? This isn't a trick, a scam, a prank. I would not have traveled this far, risked this much on such a foolish notion!" He shook his head after taking a deep breath to calm himself.

The man then sighed, trying to keep his cool in an otherwise tense situation. "I am Hans Stein. And yes, Galina does know me, but it's been almost ten years since she last saw me ... So what she will remember, I cannot say." His thoughts mostly formed in another language before he translated them into Basic. Easily found would be thoughts of a distant desert world, where civil war ravaged the landscape and dominated the society.

"I come from Sigma too, and was entrusted with finding her when she came of age. We, Guardians were entrusted with her safety after her mother - Kalira Valade died giving birth to her. Galina was taken from the planet by a set of Guardians, two people she believed to be her parents. And I, kept a blood trail on her, so she could be found when the time was right."

With a sigh, he offered the scroll written entirely in the Simganese language. "This is from her birth mother, to her. It speaks of her birthright, of what she was expected to do for her home. Our home." He sighed again, "It's complicated but Sigma needs her now. Galina is the last of her bloodline, the last of the Valades. The blood that courses through her veins is royal blood. And she is the only person in this galaxy with a rightful claim, a more powerful claim to the throne than the Rahls. And well, Galina is also the only one who can gather the people, and gain the power needed to finally overthrow the Rahls. The people will rally around her, once it is known to all that she lives. She is needed, before they destroy everything that Sigma ever was."

"The fact that Galina is alive today, was supposed to remain a secret until the right moment. A secret that we Guardians would happily carry to our graves. However, it didn't work out that way, and that secret was ripped from one of our brethren's mind. The Rahls know now that she is alive. Galina is nothing more than a loose end to them. One they are keen on destroying. Her life is in danger. Her life will always be in danger." He desperately hoped they would believe him and what he said. So many lives depended on these women, believing his word.

"Please, she has to know who she is, and what she is destined for. Can I see her, please?" He asked, more than a little worried that they'd not allow him such. "At the least to deliver this scroll to her, so she may know what her mother wished of her." The seal on the scroll had remained unbroken, thus far. Even Hans had little idea what was contained within, other than that it was from Galina's mother, and meant only for her daughter. "Even I haven't opened it. I don't know exactly what was written in it, just a vague idea of what Kalira wrote and that she wanted her to have it when Galina came of age, and only then."

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea had decided to come and see what was happening. There was enough people to guard her daughter, and she wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
She managed to arrive in time to overhear the messenger’s words.
“Galina’s heritage is royal? The rightful ruler of Sigma?”

To Tegaea it was a slightly uncomfortable piece of news. She had never been a big fan of hereditary monarchy. For Anya she had made an exception because she had won her place. Likewise herself and her wife had earned their titles, they had both been born with nothing.
There was of course the matter that the usurpers would not give up, which meant if Galina embraced this heritage she would indeed have to fight for her crown.

Sharing a look with Siobhan she nodded. The man was not dangerous, especially not when there were multiple people far stronger than he.
“Come in, Mr Stein. Galina is mine and Siobhan’s adopted daughter, so I’m sure you can understand why we are so protective of her….”

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Natoline Kerrigan"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan was not happy, not in the least. The messenger's words just worsened her mood even more. Tegaea's reaction pissed her off as well. "No, we're not letting him in," she snapped. "Your people can sort out their planet on their own. It's caused our daughter more than enough sorrow and pain. If your rulers are so bad, maybe the people should get the guts to kick them out themselves instead of dragging my child back because she's the 'rightful ruler'."

To Siobhan, the notion that the people needed a 'rightful ruler' to give them leadership was absurd. Besides, Galina was her daughter! No even remotely responsible mother would force this on her child or allow it. "I'm not sending her back to that hellhole just because of her genes. She's not a pawn in a game of thrones. We've got nothing more to discuss." Concern, anger and fear, all these emotions were emanating from her in waves. She was angry at Stein and irritated at Tegaea for indulging him. Frankly she felt like having Chesna mind wipe the intruder.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
They really want her...” Nato said softly to herself, eating her food, “you,” she corrected herself to Galina. Which was more than a lot of people got from home, but then her weight of expectation, of being expected to be something just because of your name or who you were, ate at her too, she knew all about that.

“Okaies Galina, gimmie a sec sis,” giving her knowing wink, time to make her magic happen.

“Look mr!” One agitated little Kiffar girl popped up out of her seat, deciding being angry and over protective would be the best thing she could be right now, blame Kei, and also Sio’s best qualities! Storming her little self on over, and crossing her arms, which next to sio might be laughable if you didn’t know she could also spin little mini tornadoes, or build air pressure inside people’s heads till they popped, well at least when her family or life was threatened, and kinda only bad people.

Her agitation only lasted a bit, still glaring at him. Time for her plan! “Mum, maybe let Galina speak to him, she kinda wants to, you know were here, n'we won't let them hurt her, promise” she touched her hand too Sio’s arm, speaking softly and glancing to [member="Tegaea Alcori"] too, saying kinda heeelllllp….. Her plan though amounted to more than a pleading looking, she gave Sio a knowing wink, "Can have a'little looksie to go waaay beyond words.” Natoline had a very clear and easy way to be sure if people were playing games... but she wasn't going to take that first look or privacy from Galina, only if her sis said it was okay. "Just know if you are lyin'," she looked to their messenger, then both mum's, galina, everyone that had stood up for her sister, as one family, "that'd be bad," she smirked, deep down feeling so much pride at being her as part of their family. You don't even know the pride and love she felt at that moment, with everyone standing up there, well maybe you did because she was still kinda teary eyed and not hiding it.

Galina OOC:
Any memories or impressions or emotions you’d like Nato to find if she does. Just let me know for the plot to help your RP, also refuse to let her too and no probs.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]​

"Yes, she is. She is a royal. The only person in the galaxy who rightfully belongs on the throne of Sigma. The Valade line, before the Rahls came in and killed nearly every last one left almost a thousand years ago, one escaped and the line continued."

"Adopted?" His brow furrowed together, "Where are the Guardians that were sent with her?" Clearly Hans had no idea of the death of Galina's 'parents'. "They raised her, took care of her. They were supposed to be here with her. What happened?" He seemed so confused on that note.

He glanced to Siobhan and frowned heavily, "It's not about her being a pawn in a game of thrones. There are millions of lives that are caught in the middle as the Rahls tear apart the planet and anyone who stands in the way. And you must understand, even if she remains here she is still in jeopardy. The Rahls have dispatched assassins across the galaxy in search of her. They find her, do you think for a second they will let her, or anyone that is hiding her live? I can promise they won't. They'll burn whole worlds to ensure she perishes. They aren't going to stop. It is my job to protect her. And my duty to bring this letter to her. What she chooses to do from there is up to her."

At least from the kitchen the exact words that were spoken, Galina couldn't quite make out. But that accent ... that she could. The accent ... the voice the male, it was so familiar. "I know that voice Nato, I ... I think I know him." And that alone was making the redhead even more antsy. She wanted to see him, to try and piece together who he was and how she knew him.

He turned to Nato. "I'm not lying, I wouldn't dare. Not when I've spent my life in service to the Valades, seeing that their secret remained that. It's too important to me and my honor is on the line for this. Lying is not something I would do. Not to those that obviously have cared for her in the absence of her assigned Guardians."

"If you are wanting to look inside my mind? Go ahead. I have nothing to hide. No ill intentions." He sighed again, "But if you are going to do so, at least have the kindness of letting me have a seat in your home. I am only here to deliver the message. What Galina chooses to do with it, is up to her. I am not here to force her back to Sigma if that isn't her desire. It is my job to protect her, no matter what. Considering that the Rahls have already sent out people to find her and kill her, my job, my place is at her side to defend her. No one is forcing her back to Sigma, but she deserves to know the truth. She has a right to know what her birth mother's final words to her are. Surely you would not deny her such."

Galina finally had all she could take of waiting and walked into the ante-room behind everyone else. Seeing Hans, she couldn't help but be stunned. The face she knew, the voice .... She most certainly knew him from a long, long time ago. Admittedly he was a little older now, more worn and looked more worried than she recalled him as ever being. "I .. I know you," Galina whispered, mostly to herself.
She had caught the very last part of the conversation, "My mother's final words? What did she say?" Speaking a little louder now. She had missed out on the talk of Rahls, royalty and assassins .... She had only heard something about her mother's last words.

Hans turned catching sight of the young Royal. "Your Highness." He said quickly bowing to the redhead. Memories would flood through his mind of the first time he had laid eyes on Galina, the day she was born, wrapped in a tattered blanket. Her mother quickly writing the letter that Hans now held, moments before she died. Then another memory of Galina in a marketplace, and he following close behind. Not close enough to keep the little one from getting injured with a stray bullet. But he was quick to push her out of further harm and into an alley where he treated the wound. And the final memory of Galina, no older than ten where he stole her away from the front lines in the middle of the night and helped to place her on a ship to get her off the world and try to save her - protect her from the Rahls.

"It's so good to see you alive and well, Galina. It has been some time." He seemed quite relieved to see her at last. Knowing she was alive and well made all the difference in the galaxy to him.

"I don't even know your name. But I do remember you, from the market, yes? Pushing me out of the way, helping me. I remember that." Galina then glanced between her two mothers, Nato, Chesna and Tempest. "I want to hear him out. No one would travel this far to only deliver a letter. I want to see the letter, and hear what he came to say." She still hadn't quite caught the royalty part of things and heard the title he chose to use for her. Galina just seemed completely overwhelmed by someone actually from Sigma finding her here. Things weren't quite making sense to her just yet, but they soon would.

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Tegaea was surprised, even hurt by the vehemence Siobhan directed at her. However, she did not argue, and fortunately she didn’t have to. First Natoline and finally Galina entered the discussion, anf the man was taken in to see Galina.

“If that’s what you want, Galina,” she said with a nod. “The letter must be important, let her read it, Hans.”

There was much to consider from his words. Though extremely reluctant to let Galina involved she knew, at her core, that she wasn’t her real mother. Galina was an adult now, and had a right to hear, a right to choose…even if it was a choice she didn’t approve of. One of the parts of parenthood was being able to let go of one’s children when the time came.

Still, that discussion with Siobhan could come after this.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

Siobhan was moody, abrasive and overprotective. This was not a winning combination, especially in situation such as this. Tegs' points had merit, for if Galina decided she wanted to go save her homeworld from a cabal of doomed mages, they could not stop her. Well, they could theoretically lock her in a tower or mind wipe. However, contrary to what some people might think, that was something Siobhan would never do.

The vehemence of Stein took her aback, she felt like smiting him. For right now Siobhan was, to put it bluntly, afraid. Actually she was terrified. At the moment when her daughter was finally settling in and having a normal life, she was being pulled back into a hellhole that had caused her nothing but sorrow and pain. Her daughter was being pulled away from her...and it scared her. The dream she had built up was shattered like a house of cards. The words about Galina's life being in danger stung. She heard Nato's calmning words, along with Galina calling from the kitchen. The presence of both seemed to calm her down a bit.

"Her guardians died in a crash. She was marooned on an arctic island for years before I found her. If any minions of the Rahls, if anyone comes to hurt Galina, I'll rip them apart," she said coldly. "I have armies and powers as well. I've spent my whole life fighting wizards like your Rahls. She is far from unprotected," she said bluntly. Just to empathise the point, she made a gesture with her hand and suddenly a very heavy table was lifted into the air and levitated as if it weighed nothing. Tin pot dictators on a primitive planet did not scare the Butcher of Roche. Her daughter being pulled back to the aforementioned hellhole to pull off a 'Return of the Queen' did, however.

"Let him see her." She shot Tegs an annoyed look but said no words to her, then casually let the table back on the floor, slumping her shoulders as Galina and Stein conversed, though she kept her eyes on both. Age-wise Galina was an adult, but the shy, naive, sweet girl was a long way from being mature enough to decide her future. Or go and save a planet from tyrannous wizards.What with having spent most of her life marooned on an arctic island. After being rescued from it, she had been sheltered and coddled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom