Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amnesia makes life interesting... [Read description]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
See also: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/17111-teh-story-of-epik-event-ehh-not-really/
Or PM me.
---
[SIZE=12pt]He stood on a ledge, viewing the CEO compound…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Do I know you from somewhere?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“A dream? Tch. Yeah, right.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Green infused his limbs…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“What did you do to me?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“I love you…”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Mom?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Hey, Josh…”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Circe??!?!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I do.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]------[/SIZE]
Eaw_Yavin4.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]YAVIN 4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Native species: None[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Plant life: Indigenous mix[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Settlements: Several[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Miscellaneous:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] Population: 243 Human, 53 Twi’lek, 2 Wookiee[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] 1 unknown…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-----[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Guhhh!!” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Jak sat up from the ground. He had the worst nightmare. “Lights,” he called. Then he noticed his surroundings. He was most definitely not in his captain cabin. He was lying on the forest floor. And not in the clothes he fell asleep in.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]And he had a massive headache. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Holding his head, he slowly got to his feet. “Where am I?” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]This wasn’t what he had remembered at all. Wasn’t it just last night he had left Omega Pyre? Hadn’t he packed up for the Vagrant Fleet? But… where was his ship? And… what’s this… stuff?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He was not wearing the slightly greasy pilot outfit. No, he was wearing a creamy T-shirt under a… slugproof? vest, and casual, yet efficient pants. He wasn’t wearing regulation pilot boots, he was instead wearing hiking shoes. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Wow. That must have been some party…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He had a blaster. Some small relief, at least. And the view from the hill was enough to see where the nearest spaceport was. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Huh. Didn’t wander far, or something…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He had no idea.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]So he set off at a good pace for the settlement.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]---[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Sometime around midnight, he stumbled in the doors to the nearest watering hole. The place was moderately full. He guessed it was a Saturday night. “Rum. Straight,” he ordered, his throat somewhat parched. The bartender took one look at him, did a double take, but then poured the alcohol. Jak slapped a credit on the table, and took the glass. Downing it in one gulp, he waited for the comforting burn.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]It didn’t come.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He eyed the bartender. “You usually water your rum here?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]The bartender slammed his hands on the table. “Mister, you’ve walked in through the door, ordered a rum – good rum, mind you – barely begun to pay for it,” here he motioned at the only-decicred – “and you have the audacity to accuse me of watering my stock? What do you take me for???” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]A thick, ox-necked man spoke up from the corner. “This runt bothering you, Meck?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Yes. Yes, he is.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Excuse me,” Jak interrupted. “I am not a runt.” Here he stood up, his 6’7” frame taller than most of the people in the bar, and probably just-as-well muscled. Piloting actually does build up muscles, he thought.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Where I come from, you’re average. And I’m not,” said the burly man, standing to a monstrous 7’4”. And a good bit beefier than Jak.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Jak was starting to question the wisdom of speaking up. “So what’s it gonna be, little man,” he asked, obviously provoking Jak. “You gonna take me on?” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“No. You’re going to ask me for forgiveness,” he said, pulling out a pocketknife and flipping it open.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Click. Click-click. Click. Kachunk. Chink. Click. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Guns all over the room pointed straight at his face.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Bad mistake, little man.” And with a single punch, sent Jak flying out the door. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He landed on his belly, but quickly got up, holding his belly and arm. The man came out of the bar, laughing a thick, belly laugh. He prepared to drop Jak with one more punch – [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]When a fist out of left field clonked him on the chin.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]So the little man was a fighter! So much the better.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Throwing a hard left, left, right, he swung at Jak’s midsection, hoping to pummel the youngster into oblivion. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Surprisingly, all of those punches missed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Because Jak was now behind him, swinging at the back of his neck – or at least, where his head joined his chest. Jak threw a quick one-two to the man’s side, as the bull turned to face him. He then pulled back, and launched a massive uppercut to the man’s chin.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Surprisingly, it worked. Actually.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]The man could dish it, but he couldn’t take it. He never had needed to, before now. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]The bouncer – for that was who he seemed to be – got up from the ground. Jak offered a handshake of agreement. “I won’t complain about the stuff, you won’t hit me. Deal?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]The stranger smiled. “Deal. Little man.” But now it was more a tone of admiration, not condescension. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]They went back into the bar, at a slightly smaller velocity than the way out.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“’Scuse me, ‘tender,” Jak asked, politely, “But do you know where I could get transport offworld?” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Well, a transport leaves daily from the mine here to the station above. You could hitch a ride there to wherever you want to go.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Thanks.” He turned to go, catching the tail end of the conversation.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“…and he drank a full shot of 836 rum! Without wincing! That must have been why he asked if it was watered. That guy drinks, I tell you!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Jak froze. 836. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He had left Omega Pyre 835. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He slammed the door open again. “What year did you say that rum was?” “836. Why?” “What year is it?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“837.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No. No no no no no.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He couldn’t remember what happened before he woke up. He couldn’t remember the past two years.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Play it cool. Play it cool.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] “No reason. Just curious. That’s good stuff.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He left the establishment, his mind awhirl. Two years unconscious. Musta been one heck of a party.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]---[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]On the trans[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]port up, he avoided all eye contact, keeping as low a profile a stranger like him could.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He was in luck. There was a massive cargo freighter bound for Coruscant, and yes, they could use a temporary hand. It would be a several day trip, however – it wasn’t direct. More like, roundabout.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]---[/SIZE]
Coruscant-AoTCW.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]About a week later, he set foot on Coruscant. He immediately took to the undercity, remembering where an old haunt of his was.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]---[/SIZE]
Underworld.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]The sign “Mezzo’s Missiles” gaudily adorned the door. Jak sighed. It was like being a prodigal son…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Knock knock-knock-knock knock. Knock knock. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]“Parker? You home?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]A grizzled older man opened the door a crack. “Yes? Whaddaya want?” he asked in a nasal, cranky voice. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Parker Mezzo?” “Yes?” “… You don’t recognise me? Is it the beard? It’s the beard.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]The man stepped out. “Jacob. Little Jacob!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Yeah, well, I go by Jak now.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Jacob!” The man grabbed him in a bear hug. “Err, Jak! It’s been, what? 7 years?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“9, actually, by my clock.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“9? Huh. Lost a couple of years, somewhere.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Tell me about it,” Jak responded, sarcastically, though not unkindly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Come in, come!” The elder man waved him into the shop.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]---[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"So when your dad rescued me from that Sarlacc, I swore to protect his kin till they were of age. You had had your 18th, then you disappeared. What happened?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“I took up residence with the wrong crowd, and got mixed up with Omega Pyre. From there, I left, and, well, the two years since then have been a blur.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Parker smiled. “Well, that happens when you get married.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Married??? Who said anything about getting married????”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“That cobalt ring on your right hand.” He indicated the black band around Jak’s ring finger.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Wh…what…what is this doing here?” He tore it off, but something inside him said Keep it. So he jammed it in his pocket, feeling absolutely flustered.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Mezzo frowned. “How do you not remember getting married?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Like I said, the past year has been a blur.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“But marriage!!?!?!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Okay, more like I don’t remember a thing.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Well. That explains it better…” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Yeah…”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“So. You come here to chat or to buy a gun?” Mezzo asked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Yeah. I need several, actually. I’m all out.” He shrugged.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Don’t tell me you lost the DC-17m!!” Mezzo was horrified. That sucker was rare![/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Fine. I won’t tell you.” Jak hung his head. He knew how valuable those were. He too was sorry it was gone.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Well, there’s plenty of other guns here. Plenty of OP stock here. As soon as they develop a gun, they mass-produce it, then make a new one. Leaving plenty of extra weapons no one wants to use. I mean, it’s not like they’re military-grade. They are all cobbled from spare parts, so it’s not as good as the genuine article. But it will get you through the day.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Nah, I’m good. You have any regular DC-17s?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Actually, yeah. Just got a shipment last week. How’d you know?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Lucky guess.” …was it?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Mezzo went into the back room for a minute. “Here’s a couple DCs. AND a full rifle, too. Just in case.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Just in case,” Jak repeated, knowingly. “Oh. Um, do you have a retinal changer, perchance? Just in case, again.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Mezzo put his hands on his hips. “Now how in the nine worlds did you know that? I only unpacked it this morning!”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“I really don’t know.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Ever had yourself tested for Force sensitivity?”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“No, no, can’t recall any time I did.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Well, check into it.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“I will, thanks. Oh, here,” Jak said, fumbling for some credits. “For the guns, and the ret change.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]But Mezzo waved it off. “Forget it.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Jak shrugged. “Could I get it changed to a recently deceased rich person, possibly? I’ll be able to do a credit dump, then get some before it’s freezed.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Sure.” He lugged the machine out. “Now, look into the light…”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]FASH[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]---[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Jak strolled from the place, turning a corner -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He winced as the feeble sun cut a huge glare on his eye. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Donning sunglasses for now, he decided to load his weapons before going any further. The underworld was a dangerous place…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He couldn’t fit the first cartridge in… Looking inside, he saw a handful of credits stuffed in the box. Smiling, he pocketed them and threw the cartridge away.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]---[/SIZE]
500px-Jedi_Temple_Main_Entrance.png

[SIZE=12pt]After renting an apartment and stashing his guns, he decided to check out the Temple. Maybe even see if it was open to the public. For once.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-------------------[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Okay, you are free to post.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-------------------[/SIZE]

Jentara Vel was on her way to send a package to the Jedi. Discussion was needed now that there was a new chancellor and grandmaster, and she desired to make sure that the world of Onderon was properly treated by the new administration. The vice-chancellor, of course, wouldn't be doing anything to harm her, but she wasn't so sure about the feth-everything chancellor or the grandmaster who was exiled. And as she stepped further towards the Jedi temple, her true alias properly concealed, she sensed someone who was quite familiar to her...

"Jak..."

@Elijah Rowlin

"Two hundred one, two....."

Up and down he went, training was rough, but in the state he was in, the currently shirtless Jedi Master didn't care.

"Three, four....."

Slowly, he pushed up, his core strength coming into play... A normal man would be tired, exhausted at this point. Hell, if it hadn't been for him being a Force User, he probably wouldn't have gotten to this point. But his use of the Force allowed him to develop a rigorous training style, one that would make some others cringe in wonder...

Back down, he went.....

Suddenly, a familiar presence came to be in the pool of force presences in the Jedi Temple... But what? Where did he know that from?

Red faced, his blonde hair drenched in sweat, Josh got to his feet, breathing deeply. He took a long breath, washing his face and hair in the sink. After a few minutes to cool down, Josh finished drying himself off and fixed his hair up. Getting dressed into his Jedi Master Doshi Robes, the Master checked himself to make sure he was ready to face whatever lied ahead. Could never be too prepared when on Coruscant, after all.

"I thought he was dead..." he muttered as he slowly began to recognize that presence in the sea... And he walked out of the room, heading toward the temple entrance.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

@[member="Jentara Vel"]
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Wow, not 1 minute in the area and already he has some familiars. Not like he knew, or anything. He was blissfully unaware of any of them.

He continued to enjoy the fresh air. Hey, maybe he could even find a job as a pilot for someone. But...who?

Getting a copy of the Holonews, he searched the classifieds. Maybe they were hiring...

And how odd... Jentara's business was practically concluded, but there was still a loose end to tie up. Jak was out there, and as he seemed to be looking for work, she smiled, cautiously walking towards him. "Hi... Jentara Vel, senator of Onderon. Nice to meet you. You look like the sort of man who could use some credits in his pocket... I'd be glad to hire you as part of the Onderonian shuttle corps, transiting people and items from my homeworld to Coruscant and other planets."

Employment was always good.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He turned around as the woman spoke to him.

Sizing her up in a moment, he drew three conclusions -
  1. She knew he was a pilot;
  2. She figured he was broke; and
  3. Something about her didn't agree with him.
He chewed his cheek for a moment. Eh. What would it hurt? Yet something inside him screamed "NO!"

He made a decision. "Jak Sandrow. Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass. Looking for something else, anyway," he lied. "Have a nice day!" He walked off at a quick stroll, attempting to make his way away from the Temple.

@[member="Jentara Vel"]

Josh watched from the shadows in the Temple as he saw Jak get approached by @[member="Jentara Vel"]. She approached him about work.... And it was there that Josh realized something. He could sense her in the... White Current? But that would mean she was a Current user...

Some of her features were illusioned, he managed to make out, but... Who was she? She obviously wasn't who everyone thought she was...

Even Jak seemed to find something off with Jentara. As did Josh, who found it odd she'd just randomly found him and singled him out, knowing about what he was, and offering him work right there...

She couldn't be.... Ah, who knew? He pondered this to himself. He'd bring it up during the Council meeting, maybe get an investigation done, just to be safe.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

"Very well." Not skipping a beat, the Onderonian Senator sighed. She would check Coruscant's unemployment lines, see if anyone else was interested in receiving employment. Public service projects, the planetary defense forces... There was a reason Onderon's unemployment was incredulously low. Well, that. And the level of tourists made the industry a very labor-intensive business as the Nadd tombs were stripped of their artifacts, copies being made and sold to people looking for souvenirs.

After all, it was a good day to hire.

Jak Sandrow

He nodded - still polite. "Well, have a nice day, then." Walking off, he continued to search for other piloting jobs. Whether it was some weird coincidence, or the Force, or whatever higher deity thinking it would be fun for Jak to walk around in circles - there were two ads for piloting. That was it. Only two. One was Jentara's, the other - personal Hutt courier. As much as he didn't want to work for Jentara, he was allergic to Hutts' odor. He would faint, if in the same room. Now, the Hutts saw this as gratitude, for he fell on his face, but he always needed someone to drag him out again.

So he had no choice, but to accept her offer.

He turned around. "Actually, Jentara, I am looking for piloting jobs. Um, what do you offer, payment-wise?"

But... she had walked off.

@[member="Jentara Vel"]

Josh finally walked over.

"Miss Jentara, have you talked to this man about joining the Republic Navy?" he asked. "I overheard your conversation, Senator. Apologies for the interruption. Just figured I'd give the man another option. He seems capable enough"

Something about Jak might strike Josh as familiar, but regardless, he stuck out his hand.

"Josh DragonsFlame. Jedi Master, and Grand Admiral Of The Republic. You'd probably be working with me if you end up signing up, but whatever you wanna do is up to you. If you're into... Whatever the Onderonian Shuttle Corp is doing, or if you're more combat oriented, that's up to you, of course. I can get you through the proper channels"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]
@[member="Jentara Vel"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak gave the man a once-over. "Jak Sandrow. Nice to meet you, Master Jedi. I don't exactly know what I want to do. I mean, I can pilot a ship and all, but how good does one have to be to get in?"

Nothing was instantly recognizable about the man, but Jak felt a sense of amicability about the guy. So he accepted. "What jobs do you have?"

"For our navy? Generally, you'll sit on your hands and collect cheques until you're needed. Then you go and do things like patrols, which will probably be more exciting with the Sith and the Suns on our backs. And when fun hits the fan, you'll get to go out and shoot enemy pilots, Suns, Sith, pirates, slavers, you name it"

"Come, we'll walk and talk... If Miss Jentara doesn't mind, I mean" he said, shooting Jentara a smile. "If he decides to join the Onderonion Shuttle Service as you originally offered though, I'll shoot him your way, or at least shoot him to someone in that department where it's actually their job for recruiting" he said with a grin. "You probably have business to take care of with the Senate, recovery is never an easy thing to do" he said. "I'll take this job off your hands, don't worry about it"

Shooting a nod toward Jentara, Josh escorted Jak away from the Temple, as he went listing off jobs that could be done on Coruscant for a pilot.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Whooo..." Jak said, somewhat less excited. "Well, it's an easy way to earn cash, I guess. Yeah, I'll take you up on that."

"Nah, I'd rather you didn't shoot me at all," he joked, waving goodbye to Jentara. "Okay, sign me up. What do I do?"

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah. How'd you... Ah. You overheard me. No, I don't remember you, Master Dragonsflame. Why? Should I have? Can't say's I've seen you before."

His use of Josh's formal name proved it. He couldn't remember a thing.

He sighed. "You have amnesia then. Like I feared" he said, shaking his head.

"Okay... Here's a quick introduction. I'm Josh DragonsFlame, we've been best friends for ages now, I was the best man at your wedding. We've killed rancors, we've shot pirates in space, we've gotten wasted and crash landed on some unknown planet only to escape it with some hot Mandalorian chick. You randomly disappeared sometime after you got into it with your at the time wife, Circe, because she's a Sith schutta that sleeps with everything that moves. She also caused you to get in really hot water with Omega Pyre or something, and you had to change your name to Elijah or some crap and play dead to earn your freedom. I was helping you stay protected from them up until you disappeared. Now you randomly show up today, near the Jedi Temple, looking for work as a pilot, not remembering a thing"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He nodded.

"Well, that explains this," he said, pulling his cobalt ring out. "And I do realize I have amnesia. One moment I'm leaving Omega Pyre in my ship, next moment I'm waking up on some godforsaken planet. And missing two years of my life." As an aside, he murmured, "I've been a busy man..."

"Yeah, well, since I woke up, I've been...."
---
"...and then I decided to head over here, see if there's any jobs or anything. Ya never know," he concluded. "And here we are. You a Master and me not knowing where to go next."

He chuckled. "You missed my Jedi Master promotion and Grand Admiral promotion, you mother karker" he joked, giving his friend a playful noogie. "I wanted my best friend to be there. But I thought you were dead. I only had fellow Jedi showing up" he said with a small laugh, though his expression turned solemn. "Yeah... My non Jedi friends kind of all uh... Died. Like, shortly before. First it was you, then it was Aleidis, then my girlfriend Saoirse kicked the bucket" he said, scratching his head. "Hasn't been a good month for me"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Well, being unconscious kinda does that to you," he said, bopping Josh back on the shoulder. But as Josh recollected, his smile faded. "Yeah..." he replied grimly. "Me neither."

"So," he said, "what can you tell me about myself, because I can't remember a thing." He got up. Helping Josh up, he clarified, "That is, did I make anything cool? Patent a new hovercar? Create an award-winning gadget? What did I do? Or, not do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom