Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambiguous Statement's Landing, Meeting the Jedi or Not? (Open)

@[member="Syn"] | @[member="Aiker Ebizu"]​

Taking a blistering shot across the shoulder, he shrugged it off with a grunt, it was only a graze, he'd been lucky all things considered. Kei shook the rain from out of his eyes, barely believing what he saw as @[member="Syn"] showed what he could do if pushed. The Epicanthx stood up beside the Jedi, weapon in his hands, "I owe you one", looking up at the buildings skyline and the now smoking droid, "one sniper to another, I'd be somewhere up there too." He said to @[member="Syn"], seeing what Fyor had done.

The storm came down all the harder, thunder cracking above, the fire's along the deck kindling away but not spreading due to the downpour. A couple more mercenaries had come over to help the beleaguered hunters, but they were all completely still, confused as to being setup by the sniper, and shocked by the Jedi Master. Most of those left were panicked but not willing to just go home empty handed either, another standoff it seemed was inevitable.

Nobody wanted to fire, not moving either, just taking cover. Another crack of thunder boomed out, itchy trigger fingers abound, and an uneasy sense about how this would go... all it'd take is one more shot to set all this off again.... @[member="Aiker Ebizu"]... or maybe they'd get out without any more trouble?

@[member="Fyor Nayus"]
A light chuckle touched the assassin's appearance. Crimson eyes glistened with mirth as they squinted at the smoke billowing from the little plan his sheep had devised. In his prone, he reached forward to eject the magazine from the sniper, halfway empty of standard ammunition. Careful hands placed it to the side before retracting to the black tactical pack seated a little further back behind him. With joyous applause, he produced a new magazine from the pack and inserted it into the rifle's electromagnetic firing system. Aiker admired the rifle for its versatility, he could even put rocks or sticks and shoot them at high enough speeds to kill humanoids at short ranges. However, this new ammunition that he'd inserted served an even more devious role.

Aiker pulled the bolt back, chambering a round into the semi-automatic firing system. His eyes found the scope and narrowed, tracking back towards the smoke flaring from the building. He sighted on the droid emitting the damaged droid and fired. Light recoil kissed his shoulder as the fragile weapon sent a high-explosive round at 3,000 feet per second to smash into the plates of the droid and cause it to explode into a torrent of fire and shrapnel.

"Run, little sheep, run."

@[member="Cronos Aegir"]​
Standing perfectly still, chest rising and falling softly beneath the robe, not nerves, but silent certainty as dreams were made real. The answer was given in @[member="Cronos Aegir"]'s questions. Answers of the man, of his purpose, the strong confidence and surety in him beckoning an answer from her, it was given in what came next as the priestess awaited the questions that she knew were to follow.

"You, I, we are all the force." Sera answered.

Unfolding her arms gently to the sides, outstretching just a little, head bowed and eyes closed, the sense growing from her that she was reaching deeper, deeper and deeper inside her own dreams and convictions. Endlessly spiraling into their depths which knew no bounds in the subconscious imaginings.

"It is a gift, my crystal heart, the potential that comes from a Saber, nurtured inside my bosom. It is I, us and the force."

The softest of smiles came across her face, still her head bowed. "But that is not, what it will become." She left those words silent holding the smallest of smiles still. The answers not hidden from the force, but enough to prime what the force wanted of her, and his hunter's curiosity. She only had glimpses of the imprint, her signature on the crystal, as all force users left on their sabers, but for her it was inside of her, every last experience, thought and feeling, crystalizing further and further into its matrix.

Her gift, and birth.

Qhorin Solas

Q
@[member="Sera Inkari"]​
___________________​

She hadn't answered my question. Not the first one, anyway. In fact... her answer sort of annoyed me. I had been born in the Force, raised in it; in my eyes, her answer had been nothing more than a truism. I knew the Force as intimately as I knew myself -- do to the matter of my creation, I had been with it from the first moment I drew breath, already aware of its shifting sands and twisting winds. "You aren't a jedi," I said again after she finished speaking, lips pulled in a thin line, "but you sound like one." I studied the crystal nestled in her bosom, wondering why it had been grafted to her flesh. What purpose did it serve? And why did I want to know so badly? I'd been drawn into unnecessary conflict because of my curiosity many a time, but never on a mission. "Tell me your name, wom -- "

My mouth snapped shut suddenly, head tilting as I reached into the Force to discern the shifting waves reverberating from the landing pad we'd only just left. I felt a Jedi's presence in the Force, strong and bright.. a Master, perhaps? It kicked up great waves in its wake, and behind it came ripples of fear and distress and pain. My hearing focused, and I listened intently to the commotion we'd left behind. If I wasn't mistaken there was some sort of battle going on -- one involving this woman's comrades. I held out a hand an the silver hilt of my lightsaber leaped into my open palm. If a Jedi Master was present then there was no need for me to interfere, but I would be ready regardless; especially if he or she discovered my presence. I could hide myself from all but the best -- Daxton Bane came to mind. How good were this Jedi's senses? Only time would tell.

I turned my attention back to the red haired woman, wondering again why I was so captivated. My fixation with her had grown beyond mere curiosity, as if the Force itself --

Of course! The Force... I ignored everything save the here and now, miring myself in the moment. I could afford no distractions -- not if I wanted to discern the truth. Like sunlight spilling through an open window, I drew back the proverbial curtain and basked in the warm glow of the Force, felt it suffuse limb and mind alike.

"What does the Force tell you about me, woman?" My question was punctuated by a familiar snap-hiss. Brilliant blue light spread across the open room. Even before she spoke, the patterns began to shift...

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@[member="Kei Amadis"]

Syn continued to stare them down, not moving just yet... The tension in his muscles while he held the woman showed he was ready for a fight. He loved the thrill of battle and shifted the woman so she was on his shoulder with one hand exposed. He let the fingers arc emerald currents. A good thing he was wearing boots with some rubber... Wouldn't be perfect but then he could also Jump to the side and away. The current revealing Crono's not because he focused but because the white current was the strongest way to cloak both physically and in the force. It also let you see the ones who were concealing themselves in the force like a ripple. Was it perfect... No it required heavy training but that was to see the others who used it.

For now her held the emerald lightning letting it spark until the right moment... Until his hands pooled it letting it fold over and over to concentrate into a ball first like a golf ball and then like a baseball until it was finally softball sized and he grasped it. Grasped it with the force to control the direction of kinetite before throwing it and flicking his wrist to send it first into one and then into the other with heavy impact. Something able to reduce bunkers to duct vs bone and flesh wasn't always a good thing. and he kept hold of the woman. This was a fun moment and he was more then ready to do as needed to protect them. First step was getting the ones who needed help and the ones attacking apart. Then work from there with them at the temple. "We move now and get your friends. Reinforcements will be here in awhile. For now keep in cover."

Nuts and Bolts (Dead, PM Writers Account)
Fyor's calm demeanour disintegrated at the death of the droid, his eyebrows knitted together. There was no scream, he buried all that inside, but he did scream out in his own way at @[member="Aiker Ebizu"]. This third shot was analysed in very meticulous detail by the visor, his attention very fine and demanding an answer. The shot's vector and windspeed taken into account, its distant location almost exactly pinpointed now, and the angle was close enough spot on. The smoke around him meant it took him a few seconds to be sure, but the shots before it had made identification possible.

His wasn't the only demeanour that disintegrated as the bounty hunters started firing again, only to be put down by @[member="Syn"], giving new meaning to never bring a blaster to a saber fight, they were left as nothing more than smoking piles.

"He's over there, the skyline, third roof from the left, two down," Fyor pointed, his expression cold and calculating, indicating the very distant sniper out of sight. The droid to him was a person's life, and to have it ripped apart like that... he ran over to it picking up the pieces. Collecting what he was able, the memory core, behavioural chips, power cell scooping it up in his arms, it would be rebuilt, better than before.

Fyor passed Syn and Kei a small earpiece communicator, "So we don't get split up." He wasn't one to stick around in a fight needlessly, especially while unarmed. Zigging and zagging through the pouring rain, randomly making himself much harder to hit, not only to the enemy reinforcements coming in but also the sniper, the Lorrdian was moving ahead of everyone. The new bounty hunters coming in barely got a bead on him.

Kei's face set to a vacant look, looking at the blaster carbine in his hands, and then the now smoking piles on the floor, the hunter's cover and part of the ground along with them, just, missing now.

Everything paused again.

"That right there, that's something you don't see every day." Shaking his head back to focus, the Epicanthx was impressed. "One day you'll have to show me how to do that." He said with a chuckle, resting the blaster over his shoulder, and scratching the stubble on his cheek.

The final hunter's that had come in were quite happy to stand, way back over there, as far as they could away in fact, and just take pot shots, not wanting to get anywhere near the Jedi Master. They fired now in panic more than anything, not much of a threat.

"I'll get the other girl, stay in contact and I'll meet you at your Ship, keep her safe." He said seriously, the tone of his voice showing just how much he'd give for these people, his crew more important to him than anything in the world. Looking up at the skyline again, and giving it an appraising stare, a tone of concern was in his next words. "Just how are we going to get her past that sniper?" He let that thought hang, and then began to head off in the direction Sera had gone, hoping she hadn't got too far. If anyone could get Nato out someone with these kinds of abilities could, it pained him to say it but she was safest with @[member="Syn"] at the moment, and he couldn't be in two places at once. Fitting Fyor's earpiece in place, he knew what he needed to do.

Not leaving before obviously taking random shots at @[member="Aiker Ebizu"]'s position, so far away they'd never ever hit or even make it, but he was trying to be the distraction, trying to be the hero again, keeping his head down. Ducking up and firing, quick roll, fire, pause, roll...

Glimpses but never the truth, her poise held for now, not flinching, sure in her faith even though she seemed to have come closer to demise. The moment of his choosing was at hand. This was how it had to be, a simple choice.

"My Lord, I am Sera Inkari, 3rd priestess of the burning globe, the keeper of the scrolls of Kintan, the answers to the embers in a full union of fire." She folded her robes beneath her and knelt on both knees before him. "And my fate is now tied to your will."

Raising her head now to look up at him, she smiled softly, drinking deep with her ocean eyes, taking all moment within its meanings and purpose, it all radiated from her, a glow from her face as she found her place in fate and the force.

"It tells me, you will kill me my Lord, or you will realise that what I carry is too valuable to take prematurely. It is not ready yet, and with my death you will lose all hope of uniting all four hearts." Her voice read from the dream as if she was dreaming it right now, living through it, confidently with no fear she recited her part.

"Four experiences and four lives, at four points in the force. Unique to the bearer, and each stronger than the last when together. To have all together, when matured and ready, will not just give you one crystal." She smiled, and drew down within herself once more, pulling deeper from her teachings, the gravity of the moment taking on an intensity all its own.

Eyes closed, she recited the scrolls, her part in this much bigger than it appeared, or prophecy?

The Warrior's Spirit.
The Builder's Progress.
Time's Memories.
And my Vision to guide it all.

"Alone they are fragments, mere pieces of what they could be, but together.... in your hands, with you wielding their experiences, their imprints, their union." She stood now and walked to toward the blade, walked toward him, hand reaching for his arm, voice a siren's call of potential, real potential. "My Lord." She would would say, with the gentlest of touches upon him if he allowed it. "Now is your time."

Qhorin Solas

Q
@[member="Sera Inkari"] | @[member="Kei Amadis"]​
____________________​
"My Lord." Her fingers brushed against my arm. "Now is your time."
This woman, this Sera Inkari, was without a doubt the most intriguing person I had ever met. She stared boldly into my eyes when she spoke, proclaimed me to be her lord, even when she kneeled at my feet, even when she declared her life to be in my hands. Her presence pulsated with lightside energies, as bright as a solar flare, and her faith in the Force was a match for my own.

I felt a thrum of power leap between us like a static shock, a burgeoning bond forged in the Force. Our meeting was no coincidence -- the Force had brought me here, to this place, to this moment, standing at the crest of a wave of change. The Force was a maelstrom of movement, a chaotic storm of what was and what might be; her touch had sparked a shift all its own, and before my eyes, a shimmering possibility solidified into reality.

With crystal clear clarity, I saw the right path to take. I wouldn't kill her -- I'd decided that when I first laid eyes on her -- and I couldn't return with her to Atrisian Space, to the Inquisition. They would break her, reform her into something twisted, and I couldn't abide that. No, I would send her instead to the wilds of Lujo where I'd done battle with the Jedi Knight Jericho, and make use of its great presence in the Force. There was a temple there, old, rich in the Force, and perfect for my plans. The immense energies there would serve her well, just as they had served me.

"You speak of matters I know nothing of." My hand twitched as I sensed presence drawing near on the fringes of my awareness. It was a presence I'd sensed before. "But you will cure me of my ignorance," I pushed the activator plate and the gentle hum of the blade ceased, "and I will cure you of yours."

I didn't aspire for power, but for knowledge, for the latter inevitably lead to the former, and these crystals presented a possibility that I simply couldn't ignore. She represented a possibility that I couldn't ignore. Since I'd come to understand my place in the Inquisition, I'd longed for an apprentice free of its iron grip, someone to stand with me as I sought to discern the many mysteries of the Force, to understand its limits and boundaries and push past them.

"Swear yourself to me," I started anew, studying the fiery glints in her auburn hair, "and together, we will see what power these crystals of yours might bring." I held out an open palm for her to grasp. She needn't speak -- taking the hand would be confirmation enough.

Feeling his stare, running through her like a piercing of her heart, the veil the force shrouded her in, one which would only continue to grow. She shivered of that certainty, that strength looking through her. Sera was boundless in conviction, he saw well, it was because of her faith that she would reach deep into the force's many mysteries, for answers none had yet found. Sera would go where others either could or would not walk, because they would lose themselves, but she would find herself.

Bowing her head, raising it only to look up into his eyes, holding them with her own soft but definite gaze, she laid her hand upon the palm, an offering of submission to the dream, and his lead within it. A simple gesture, with an honesty that had as much certainty as the iron grip @[member="Cronos Aegir"]'s own thoughts spoke to him of. An echo of what would be attracted, to their work, in time. "We the force in all things." Hand rested in his, closer by his side, she spoke softly into his ear, drifting to his strength.

"Nothing is gained by fighting here, and many are coming." Holding to him, lightly connected to his arm and waiting his word. There was a strength to Sera's voice but still it watched for him, for his lead, a strong free will had the potential to shatter the dream if pressed, which Cronos obviously had in abundance. They could fight, they could simply walk out avoiding everyone, because nobody had a hold on Sera, they could even walk out and greet them as friends. The exit was of his choosing, and could be as easy as that.

Done so it explains her timeline in helping the Jedi on her later mission

Qhorin Solas

Q
"Nothing is gained by fighting here, and many are coming."
I didn't agree, but neither did I disagree. Something could always be gained by fighting, from the crossing of blades, if only knowledge of self -- still, there were times when it was best to avoid conflict, to take the path of least resistance and flow past obstacles as opposed to attempting to bowl over them. Now was such a time.

I slipped my lightsaber into my garments, the sleek silver hilt disappearing into the folds of my flight suit, my other hand clasped around Sera's. "My ship isn't far. When we're away from Coruscant, and the Jedi, we'll talk more." But we didn't really need to speak, did we? Even now, the Force whispered to me. It would take time to discern its messages, to truly understand them, but I felt its will guiding my steps, angling me in the right direction, towards the right path. "What of your 'friends'?" I asked as pulled her away from the abandoned building and into the streets of Coruscant. The rain hadn't let up. "One of them is close..." I could feel him, drawing nearer. The crystal in his chest, now that I recognized the signal, was like a beacon. There was no doubt as to why he'd come this way. "Will they not seek to reclaim you?"

@[member="Sera Inkari"] @[member="Kei Amadis"]​

Sera dipped her head ever so lightly to his command. Lower robes lifted a touch over the feet, to ease a quicker walk, the other hand still led by his. Currents of the force, through him, directed her steps, breaking the veil of the unknown to come. Showing her something she had not yet dreamed, where this would take her. A dream needed a home for sleep to allow it, till she had that again, she would have scattered dreams, stronger nightmares.

Her face said non of this, it remained with a small, tightly pressed smile. "Yes, they will come to us when the time is right, all the stronger and more valuable to you." Fingers curling around his hand, "At your allowance, My Lord. They do not own my path, they are on it." His questions taken to mean what purpose her old friend's now serve to the force, rather than the threat. So much might be solved just with the right word, the right dream at the right time. The sword cuts, and the dream creates, @[member="Cronos Aegir"]'s command the force's and so hers. She had yet to learn of how the sword could deliver understanding.

The steps of the runner were coming closer. The moment in the air of whether to fight, or to lead her away, and fight another day when the prize was tenfold increased.

Sorry for the delay! Let me know where you want to take her.

Qhorin Solas

Q
"We will leave."

I pulled her along behind me, disappearing into the crowds of Coruscant. I had relied on my instincts to guide me through the situation, but now that a path had been set, I would need meditate and decipher where it led.

My ship beckoned.

@[member="Sera Inkari"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom