Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alright Everybody, Let's Talk Survival

Do we stay north, boxed in by the OS and the Mandalorians, or do we go south with room to expand?

• North

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • South

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Something Else (Please elaborate in your post)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Barrien Siegfried said:
[member="Chevu Visz"]
I don't recall saying anything anywhere in this thread about the leadership of the GA. I was speaking of the factions members in general. Many of them were GR members who left. I never said all of them were, so please stop saying I did.
It doesn't matter that you didn't specifically mention leaders. Our members come from all walks of the board.

To categorize our faction as made up of people who "ditched the GR" is a broad generalization that only serves to create bad blood where there isn't any.

Chevu Visz said:
[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Again I apologize to all for intruding on your forum's thread. I just don't like rumors being stated as fact.

I don't want to derail your thread any further so would you be ok if I answered your questions in a PM?
Absolutely.

With regards to who would lead the combined faction, I can only assume it would be a mesh of both factions' leaders. Corey and Laura are good peeps, and I trust they wouldn't fundamentally change a cornerstone of how we do anything.

Plus more members doing shit. Don't forget this.

It's not truly a question of leadership, it's a question of IC grounds. A lot of the GA is made up of people who left the GR. Maybe not right when the GA formed, but at some point most did. Why would we want to merge our forces with people we cannot ICly trust to stay the course?

Merging feels like quitting and I'm not quitting until I'm made to do so. We are a group. We should act as a group. We should fight the Sith as a group. We should defend or own as a group. We should not give up and go to another group. We should have loyalty to each other.

Food for thought: The GA is not the Republic.

Its mechanics are different. They do not have a Senate. They do not have any PC politicians, military leaders, or Jedi Councilors. It is often argued that PC leadership roles cause drama, which is why the GA has removed that type of role from their faction. However, I would disagree. It is the people who cause drama. There will always be a leader, whether it's made official or not. Someone will be popular, or just arbitrarily considered 'better' than others. That is how people and organizations work. It's unavoidable, and I personally believe having no official political, military, or Jedi leadership solves no problems whatsoever.

Its Jedi Order is different--one that apparently has acquired stolen holocrons belonging to the Republic Jedi Order yet has not given them back. For those of you wanting to play the more 'canon' Jedi types, the Republic is still the place to go.

Merging with the GA will only eliminate the option of a classic 'Old Republic' feel we've been trying to RP. The GA is militant and controversial. The SSC is pacifist and also controversial. It is the members' prerogative to decide what works best for them.

The Republic normally provides a more democratic-yet-firm nation that stands for peace but is not afraid to bare fangs when cornered. Sadly, we have been cornered for far too long and the lines seem to have been drawn and our writers written off each time, and we are beginning to see very turbulent times ahead ICly and also OOCly as we are repeatedly the object of ridicule and scorn.

As for me, I am a staunch Republic person and will wade through until my character's demise.

[member="Barrien Siegfried"]

What are the chances of going on the offensive? I'm not familiar with the current state of your army and navy but what about and aggressive push? Make the Jedi generals and in control of the army? As it stands you guys are mostly Jedi but you're bleeding in terms of losing land.

My suggestion is to go all in. I mean you're considering a merge what could it hurt to try and take back what you lost? You're losing troops already why not lose them on your own terms? Take it back to the Sith instead of vice versa

[member="Ben Watts"]
It's an option. Right now we're awaiting a decision on Balmorra. That and we've been graced with some time away from invasions which we plan to take advantage of. Everyone needs a break.

After that, though. We will see. ;)

If you have time away from invasions you guys should power grab land. Go south while you can and just collect planets and then be ready to strike. Make them fear the Republic.

[member="Ben Watts"]

Problem is assembling that kind of energy. A lot of people are a little worn out from constant dominions and invasions lately. Though if we get good response times going here, I'd be much more enthusiastic. I'd still like to go for the one-two punch up north, but I can understand the lack of confidence on the other side of the aisle.

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Yeah for sure motivation is an issue. Hm how many active you have? You need... what.... at least 5 people or is it more now for a dominion?

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Hm, well, what about revamping the whole Republic Army and Navy? Since you guys have some downtime you could try and redo the ranks, add some incentive to joining the Republic Army, and possibly both bolster your numbers and have people who are built around conflict.

On top of that you could incorporate small sections of the Jedi dedicated to defending the Galactic Republic with an iron fist. Give them a few small legions to work with, let Knights be Generals, and boom you have some people who are made strictly for fighting.

From what I gather you guys are going for an Old Republic feel but it seems like traditional Jedi "rules" are kind of holding you back. This is a generalization, of course, and a best guess from my 3-5 hours of being back so I cannot judge it fairly. These are only small suggestions and I know a lot more dedication and work go into it outside of "Hey, you should do this!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom