Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alright Everybody, Let's Talk Survival

Do we stay north, boxed in by the OS and the Mandalorians, or do we go south with room to expand?

• North

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • South

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Something Else (Please elaborate in your post)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
A lot of talk has been going on in skype about what the faction should do now, and how to right the ship. The problem with this, and yes I was privy to these conversations, is that we aren't getting the input of the entire faction. Instead, a select few are making the decisions for what's ahead. This is something I hated about past administrations of the Republic, so I want to right the ship, so to speak.

A decision must be made on whether we stay with the northern half of our territory or the southern half of it.

If we stay in the North we are trapped between the OS and Mandalorians with little to no room for expansion. We'd be sitting in a consolidated fortress, but we'd be stuck with only social threads, essentially, until invasions resume again after the holidays. Not without it's merits, this would allow us to spend time fortifying our worlds and preparing our military for the coming battles. But we would lose key planets like Ossus, as well.

If we go South, we lost our current capital and have to move it, but we keep a longer swath of territory, in turn allowing us freedom to grow and expand with multiple dominions ahead of the return of invasions. This is also a viable possibility and would allow us the ability to grow and keep on living, even should we lose other invasions (which I think we will do better in after the break, to be honest).

So what say you, the RPers of the Republic, on that issue? Please vote in the poll.

There are additional options available to us as well.

One of which is to tackle the stigma that is associated with us through a total shakeup. I support this option myself because A) I think it would be the most fun, and B ) I think it would likely get us away from the OS at least for a little bit.

So what does this entail? First and foremost: rebranding. Instead of staying around as the Republic, we run a Fall of the Republic campaign. This itself, would be fun to write. But out of this campaign we rise anew with a different name, and a different face. We do not go minor, we do not give up our ability to wage war on the One Sith and the forces of evil in the galaxy, but we turn a new leaf, try to be more friendly and positive and inclusive, and we rise under a new banner, a new name. What that name is would have to be decided in another thread, but this would be good for us either way.

So what say you, faction populace, on this issue? Please vote in the poll.

If we want to keep activity up, then going South and being able to Dominion will definitely help. I'll personally run a few if needed, we just need ways to keep things interesting and remind people of the fun that can be had. Like Taeli's other post, everyone needs to pitch in.

As for a rename, the Sith have done it and look where they are now. We need that second chance, and if we make the most of it I believe we can turn the tides (or tables).

I have personally voted for South and rebranding, in the interest of full disclosure. The south allows us to dominion and build activity. The north turns us into a bunch of brooding isolationists. Rebranding will not fix every major issue, but it will help us start.

Barrien Siegfried said:
Rebranding will not fix every major issue, but it will help us start.
This. If we rebrand we have to remember to do our part to help build ourselves a new reputation. If nothing changes when we get a new name, then people will associate the two automatically and we might as well not have bothered.

We could always talk with the GA about merging as a possible option. Assuming the memberbase of the faction doesn't wish to do so, going South is the only option in which we have a chance of thriving again.

I could definitely see the two factions merging, I've said that before. There almost similar with the same intentions. But thats completely up to the administration and the members. Just have to consider these things, not to say this is the best route but its not a terrible idea.

[member="Vitor Imperieuse"]

The issue chiefly seems to have been regarding the toxicity of the Republic faction itself, coupled with decisions by the leadership that have left us in this situation. Merging with the Galactic Alliance will both give us the leadership shakeup we need and allow us to regain valuable members which we're lacking. After all, just because it says we have the most members of any faction doesn't mean they're all active.

Vitor Imperieuse said:
Merging with the Galactic Alliance will both give us the leadership shakeup we need
With that comes many problems on who leadership would be, and many debates on how things will be run with such a big merge...
I for one would not look forward to that.

Minna said:
With that comes many problems on who leadership would be, and many debates on how things will be run with such a big merge...
I for one would not look forward to that.
Nor would I. It would be tumultuous. I don't think we need to merge. I see merging as giving up on us as a group. We can do better, be better, if we truly strive for it.

Barrien Siegfried said:
The problem is: why would we want to merge with people that ditched us in the first place? I don't think we should do that. But if other people want to they can vote something elselse and say as much.
At least two of the GA founding members were not in the GR at all, and that would be Coren Starchaser and myself. The other people involved in founding the GA are in multiple factions on the boards, not just the GR.

I don't usually like to come in and comment on other people's faction boards, but please stop characterizing the GA leadership as "people who ditched the Republic."

It's categorically untrue, and only serves to create bad blood between the GR and the GA.

We've always been open to writing stories with you guys, so it's disappointing to see attempts to create this schism between your faction and mine.

[member="Chevu Visz"]
In this case it is actually rather good if you could clarify things.

I never oocly understood the need for the GA. But if the factions merge I would line to know, in your perspective,

1. Why did you form such a similair faction and not join the GR
2. From what I understand the GA is not a democrazy. I line to think thats why jedi stick around the GR, because they want to defend the peoples free , restricting FUs from actual power and and all that stuff. Can you verify, or counter this? Explain?

Chevu Visz said:
At least two of the GA founding members were not in the GR at all, and that would be Coren Starchaser and myself. The other people involved in founding the GA are in multiple factions on the boards, not just the GR.
While this is true, many normal members who would be GR Jedi become GA Jedi. Whether it's leaders or not, the GR are lessened by the GA's existence.

I'm not saying you're wrong for existing, by all means it's your right to have created a new place for new stories and settings, but it's still a fact. People just have to deal with that and find a way to move around it.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Again I apologize to all for intruding on your forum's thread. I just don't like rumors being stated as fact.

I don't want to derail your thread any further so would you be ok if I answered your questions in a PM?

Minna said:
While this is true, many normal members who would be GR Jedi become GA Jedi. Whether it's leaders or not, the GR are lessened by the GA's existence.

I'm not saying you're wrong for existing, by all means it's your right to have created a new place for new stories and settings, but it's still a fact. People just have to deal with that and find a way to move around it.
That's a different issue, but by this token you could say that the SSC's existence "lessens" the GR as well.

Mostly I wanted to respond to the assertion that the GA was founded by members who "ditched the pubs" because how could Coren and I ditch something we weren't a part of?

[member="Chevu Visz"]
I don't recall saying anything anywhere in this thread about the leadership of the GA. I was speaking of the factions members in general. Many of them were GR members who left. I never said all of them were, so please stop saying I did.

And yes, the SSC does also lessen our member base. That is a true statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom