Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alright Everybody, Let's Talk Survival

Do we stay north, boxed in by the OS and the Mandalorians, or do we go south with room to expand?

• North

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • South

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Something Else (Please elaborate in your post)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
We have tried to fight the One Sith and we've lost eleven times. It's been well established on the debate of what we will do next, that within two invasions- north or south- that if we lose them, the Galactic Republic will be destroyed.

As a Jedi, I would advise the Republic to allow diplomacy to resume. We have canon precedent for surrendering, with the Sith claiming victory over the war. Although we will have effectively surrendered any claims to the worlds we have lost to the OS, we will preserve what it is left of the Galactic Republic, allowing us to rebuild and reorganize, without surrendering our philosophy, tenants or laws of the Republic.

If we were to surrender, I would go south at Denon, so as to allow us to expand again. But that's just the logistics.

As a writer and following the flow of the story- dictated by the fact that the Galactic Republic has lost so much already- surrender also makes sense.

I think there is some merit to this suggestion.

On an OOC level I'm opposed to this.

On an IC level, I am vehemently opposed to this. We've seen firsthand the slaughter of innocents at Crina and other worlds. Surrendering to the Sith is inviting these monsters to come in and take control of everything. The things they will do... No. I stand firmly against surrendering to evil. That is cowardice.

Yeah,

we got our backs against the wall. More so then any other faction but if we are loosing I aim to fight and most likely die trying to fend off the evil that is the sith. That will be a blast.
But, there is also a chance, there is always hope, that we can turn the tide as well.

Surrender is just wrong IC way and IC is what should dictate our actions, not ooc complications.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I voted. Not sure what else to say, other than I'm not really going to voice my opinions as it's just a repeat of some that is already said. Plus I haven't been aware or a part of most of the doms and invasions, so I don't have the experience or the knowledge to back my opinions up.

Regardless, I'm not going to quit even while IC, things aren't going well. As one of my friends has said, I am stubbornly optimistic.

Yes...yes I am :)

[member="Barrien Siegfried"]

Diplomacy has been a tool for Jedi to settle disputes in the past. If a settlement can be reached to preserve the Galactic Republic, then we should take it.

[member="Ella Nova"]
If the other side was somewhat reasonable, yes. However, I don't know any time in history where the Jedi surrendered to the Sith, nor do I think they would or should from an IC standpoint. We owe it to the people within the Republic to stand up for them, not to give up and let the Sith sweep in.

Yeah, that treaty was between the Sith and the Republic senate, not the Jedi. The Jedi and others initiated a Cold War with the Sith, they didn't sit back and accept the significant loss of planets to the Sith. It says that plain as day in the article.

I'm not opposed to a cold war.

I am opposed to surrender.

>Dominion Roche Asteroids
>Create tenticle towards south
>Worm ourselves away from Sith

Badly drawn example:
map.png

EDIT: This just happened as I posted.

[member="Jaccer Ramirez"]

There aren't going to be any invasions until after the new year, so aslong as we Dominion quick enough we can re-establish a good enough cloud in the south to move capital before they can cut either side off again.

[member="Jaccer Ramirez"]
We're trying to keep people updated as much as possible and give people a chance to have input. That was the point of this thread. Minna is correct, though. We aren't invading the OS and they aren't invading us for a while so we can all have a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom