Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Allegiances - Empire/Enclave Junction

IZ8-14d1nT5LXwLhpn8zXYAUNIPnWjUYwA18yR-bYX6hB8xsB8dNYSctpxP8GtweH_waE1Q0kt1T6jjNDGsrQ3iMxXAj8L-xIDi0RHhzcb5nkTWr5KJqrU1Ch5fhC3zflhFPD3_gohgn6EPubQjR3MDkh10u6Ri0yN5kudFgNo1LfrXJBxzDWdWqSw

The Gambit, Space

<"Krrzkt. Mandalorian boarding parties aboard the
Redeemer can you hear me? This is the Mandalorian vessel Gambit. I advise all personnel to head immediately for the port airlock. Precise coordinates are being sent on this channel, as well as my authentication code. The Imperial vessel Harkenfang has docked on the opposite side of the ship; while a cease-fire has been called, I would not advise evacuating on that side of the ship unless you have no other option. Please do not tarry. The Redeemer won't last much longer.">

Slow and steady won the race they sad. Well, Gambit could have done with speeding things up a bit more with a burning ship so dreadfully close to its own hull. To think would might happen if a large eruption tore through it and into the Gambit! The very notion sent static electricity down its central core -- fortunately, it was grounded.

Also, fortunately, the Gambit came equipped with a docking umbilical that it could use to provide passage for those trapped aboard the Redeemer. It did hope the souls would not mind that they would need to make a ninety-degree gravitation turn when entering through the ship's belly. <"Be advised, I am docked perpendicular to the Redeemer. Watch your step."> Sending them a notice as they neared was the least it could do. Alora might play at being carefree and oblivious to things, but Gambit still thought itself a proper gentleman.

At least the Mechanics Bay of the Gambit would provide sufficient room to board and find a place to stand. If there were more boarders than expected, they could find room almost anywhere on the ship -- except two adjoining rooms to the Mechanics Bay that were sealed with some advanced security measures. Probably best not to upset the E.I. that could open the ramp and blow everyone into space.

There was being a gentleman and then there was being a putz.

<"Please do not tarry. I rather this conflagration of a ship does not take us with it. Also, the Imperials may find our presence distasteful despite the cease-fire. Thank you."> After all, the Gambit hadn't exactly announced itself throughout the entire engagement. It liked going unseen. That was how it was built -- get in, get out, and no one knew anything ever happened. What you didn't know wouldn't hurt you... until long after it mattered to Gambit.

allegiancesobj3.png

Zlova hissed as word of a cease fire came in. Cease fire. Cease fire! Just waltz in with a fleet, start shooting, and waltz right back out again? The Sith often regressed into blood thirsty monsters, but they had a few things right -- like curb stomping your enemy so they didn't think twice about attacking you, they knew better than to even dream about it.

A last stray bolt was absently deflected by her violet blade as the red woman turned to regard Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad . Never met the woman, but she seemed the sort to be taking charge -- of everyone but Zlova. No one was in charge of the monster in their midst. Those little looks the woman gave Zlova were amusing though. Maybe they'd have a chance to chat over hard liquor later?

A moment later there was this weird sound -- not the flashbang that'd gone off a few seconds ago. It was terribly annoying too. Zlova tilted her body to the right before she canted her head to the left in the Imperials' direction with a pinched brow and narrowed eyes. Were they... suggesting the Mandalorians surrender? Were they trying to bait Zlova into sending a durasteel plate their way and crushing them in twain under a cease fire for an excuse to resume fighting? She had no tolerance for people that needed excuses.

Then a really annoying sound followed with the hanger ceiling collapsing and the Imperials wringing their hands over how they were going to escape. Figures.

"This is our house. If anyone's disarming -- it's you, besom," Zlova snapped aloud before as Balt and the Gambit sent their messages about getting off the ship. Of course she knew Mando'a. She was Mandalorian after all. Talohn had even gotten her an armored suit (despite her attempts to throw the idea aside entirely). The necklace she wore proved it (or something, she didn't complain if an easily forged token worked to her benefit -- even if it was genuine).

Her golden eyes turned to Minerva next. "Come on, we're getting out of here. If we're lucky this place'll burn down around their heads."

allegiancesobj3.png

Tag: Mac O Shenanigans Mac O Shenanigans Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla Aisling Dvale Aisling Dvale Balt Vizsla CS-4444 CS-4444 Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Madlyn Sol Leandra Brax Leandra Brax Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Her little tactic worked, causing the Imps they faced from the hall to pause long enough for the ceasefire to be put fully into effect. Even so there was heavy tension as the ship continued its creaking, that made its coming demise. Hearing the Imperial tell them stand down and lower their weapons, it was met with scoffs and silent defiance. Moments later Taras the overall leader replied back on open channels.

"It may be your ship but you Imps are in Mandalorian space. We don't need your permission to stand down since we already did that and we certainly won't lower our weapons."

They simply didn't trust the Empire, especially since just minutes ago they were killing each other. Keeping their weapons at the ready at the slightest hint of trouble Minerva raised both eyebrows at the ensign's demand.

Drop our weapons?!

Little did Aisling realize at the moment she might as well have spit in their direction with those words. Another demand like that would be most unwise as the Imperials were met by a furious silence. Minerva's blood boiled at the sheer audacity, teeth clenching.

Arrogant scum, acting like they already rule the whole kriffing galaxy! This fight was only stopped, not won.

Before she could fire back a reply Zlova beat her to it. Before she add further when Gambit's message came to Mandalorians onboard. Relieved many nodded before sprinting away from the Imperials. Minerva said nothing as she met the force wielder's eyes as the latter stated it was a time.

Indeed we must.

Carrying their own wounded the armored warriors headed off to the coordinates. Yet Minerva spared one last glare to the Imperials, specifically at the ensign before running off to catch up with her vode. All around the ship continued to die with panels collapsing and torn wires sparking. After some struggle the warriors got through the gravitation turn and made it inside the Gambit.

As everyone started to get situated, Minerva slumped down on the wall. Exhaling she finally took off her helmet and leaned her head back. They live to fight another day.

(OOC: Exit thread)​

Last edited:

scar_banner2.png

501st LEGION
IMPERIAL SPECIAL FORCES
SCAR SQUADRON

Allies: Leandra Brax Leandra Brax Aisling Dvale Aisling Dvale CS-4444 CS-4444 Madlyn Sol
Enemies: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Mac O Shenanigans Mac O Shenanigans
allegiancesobj3.png

N5cG5gd.png
:: Make it thirty seconds, Ensign. :: came the Commander's response through the comms to Aisling Dvale Aisling Dvale . :: The ship's falling apart. :: he remarked, throwing suspicious glances at the screeching noise of durasteel frames on the verge of collapsing.

"Sergeant, take point. Stretchers in the middle, I'll take the rear." he issued an order to the stormtroopers. As they funneled forward, cautiously crossing paths with the Mandalorian interlopers, the SCAR commander lagged behind for one parting answer to a Mandalorian refusing to lower her weapon ( Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad ). "Mandalore's a dozen of a thousand lightyears from here last I checked, kid." he tapped his helmet with a knuckle, a sly smirk tugging the veteran's lips, "Check your nav."

Without further remarks, the commander hurried after the column of stormtroopers led by Sergeant Fours, urging them to hurry with a bark, "C'mon, troopers, move it to the airlock, stat!" the floor beneath his foot gave in and he instinctively lunged himself forward with the other before warning the rest, "And watch your damn feet!"

If he was to go by Captain Brax's earlier demeanor, then she would wait no second more than the five minutes of a window she had given them to get their shabs together and board back the Harkenfang. ​

Tag: Mac O Shenanigans Mac O Shenanigans Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla Aisling Dvale Aisling Dvale Balt Vizsla Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Madlyn Sol Leandra Brax Leandra Brax Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

allegiancesobj3.png

The ship was in critical condition. The Sergeant understood the time limit set by the Harkenfang's Captain, as the hull creaked and whined around them. Deep in the hulking leviathan's guts, the imperial forces kept moving forward by any means necessary. At some points, the damage to the ship was so great that the stormtrooper squads had been forced to use fusion cutters to bypass the debris altogether. Alpha Squad was carrying most of the stretchers, SCAR Squad was coordinating the effort from the back, and Epsilon squad was trying to open the way forward as quickly as possible.

CS-4444, Fours, as the Commander had called him, was confident they had reached their destination. His troopers were somewhat familiar with airlock controls due to their airborne assault specialization, so everything was hastily set up next to the airlock. By connecting to the external airlock camera feed through his HUD, he admired the titanic form of the Harkenfang approaching slowly.

All they had to do was wait for the imperial assets that were to rendezvous with them, and the two ships to dock. This mission was almost complete. His troopers were almost safe. And those that perished, did so for a miscommunication.

He waited, in silence, as their world fell apart around them. Shaking his head, and thinking about getting checked out in the infirmary himself for a concussion, since such thoughts were unlike him, he hoped the Ensign would hurry up. They really needed to get out of there.

Madlyn Sol

M

IZ8-14d1nT5LXwLhpn8zXYAUNIPnWjUYwA18yR-bYX6hB8xsB8dNYSctpxP8GtweH_waE1Q0kt1T6jjNDGsrQ3iMxXAj8L-xIDi0RHhzcb5nkTWr5KJqrU1Ch5fhC3zflhFPD3_gohgn6EPubQjR3MDkh10u6Ri0yN5kudFgNo1LfrXJBxzDWdWqSw

ABOARD THE NIV REDEEMER w/ CS-4444 CS-4444
RESCUE MISSION- GETTING OUT WHILE THEY STILL CAN
ALLIES: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Aisling Dvale Aisling Dvale | Leandra Brax Leandra Brax
ENEMY: Time and Circumstance

X5Yx2PB.png
One of the walking-wounded who was being all stubbornly tough found out pretty quickly that he just couldn't keep up the hurried pace as the Imperial squads moved out from the damaged hangar bay towards their backup exfil location at an airlock deeper into the ill-fated frigate.

Madlyn saw this and scooted up beside the stumbling stormtrooper and snaked herself up under his arm in a fluid manner and just gave him a nod of her helmeted head not saying a word.

As the taller stormtrooper leaned on the shorter Besani and gripped her shoulder for support, it made Mads wince but she did not let on. The ding she'd felt earlier in the hangar firefight must have done more damage than first thought. Oh well, the combat medic would tend to it when they were all safe and out of harm's way.

When the group finally came to the still-closed airlock after their tenuous journey, Mads had the injured stormtrooper lean up against the hull to rest, then she stepped over to Epsilon's sergeant, CS-4444 CS-4444 .

"You okay, Sarge? Quite the damnable situation we've gotten ourselves into, hmm."

niosymbol111_1.png

allegiancesobj3.png

OBJECTIVE III - STANDOFF
"I have a bad feeling about this..."

Ship: The Redeemer (frigate)
Allies: Leandra Brax Leandra Brax Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Castor E-196 Madlyn Sol CS-4444 CS-4444
Foes:
Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Mac O Shenanigans Mac O Shenanigans Zlova Rue Zlova Rue
DjqGXyQ.png
:: Make it thirty seconds, Ensign. ::
The Ensign breathed out a deep sigh, thrown in with a curse from her home planet, then sprinted even harder. No one ever said working for the Empire would be easy. There was no way she would make it in thirty seconds, but she did beat her initial estimate of one minute.

"Clamps... Activated" she managed between deep breaths. 42 seconds. Not bad, she thought to herself, not that she expected the commander to share her sentiment.

No rest for the wicked. The rescue party were ready to leave, but Aisling preferred joining them over death. Repeating the same curse from before, she broke out into another sprint to make it to the extraction point.

When she finally made it back, she was sweating, breathing heavy, and just about ready to collapse down into a seat. She managed to straighten herself somewhat, and a salute after a fashion. "Ensign... Dvah... Yeah." They got it. "Thanks for... Rescue" formalities passed, she shuffled onto the transport along with the rest. She'd done her duty, and lived to fight another day. Her only regret was to see so few of her shipmates with her.

allegiancesobj1.png

W A R M A S T E R
Objective: Treat with the Empire
Enclave: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Braxton Holst Braxton Holst
Imperial: Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion | Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan | Kanollic II Vethres | DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Adera Vellas Adera Vellas

Romul breathed in slowly, and exhaled, while he considered the proposal by Korvan. On the surface it was innocent enough; a gesture of diplomatic goodwill. But Romul was a tactician at heart, and he saw through the Grand Moff's ploy. Inviting Imperial observers to Kestri was tantamount to opening the doors for COMPNOR to embed themselves in the Mandalorian capital.

The Empire had proven that it could not be trusted. Just because there would not be open war -- for now -- did not mean Romul would keep them any closer than at arm's length.

"Your proposal is bold, Moff Korvan," Romul growled, "and it seems you would forget yourself. The Enclave's memory is not so short that today's events have been forgotten. Any pact signed between the Empire and Enclave would be as worthless as the holo it would be written on. I will allow commerce to continue freely so long as the Empire does, but any Imperial observers would be unwelcome in Mandalorian territory at this time."

"We will conduct our investigation amongst our own and mete out punishment as we see fit, according to our laws and customs. Mandalorians are not subjects of the Empire, nor subject to its laws. Moreover, if it is a surprise attack you fear, Moff, then I would not worry."
His scowl turned into a fierce grin. "If the Mando'ade were preparing for war, you would be well aware."

He stood from his chair. "I consider this business finished. Now, get off my world."

5th post
WgG0FIh.png

AN AGE OF STRIFE STORY

aBKw4st.png

SHIELD_ONE
LORD-REGENT OF THE EMPIRE
GRAND-TRIUMVIR OF THE TARKINIST ADMINISTRATION
GOVERNOR-CHIEFTAIN OF GALIDRAAN III

R6NYST6.png

Tags
Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan Kanollic II Vethres Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion Adera Vellas Adera Vellas Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin
Romul Saxon Romul Saxon Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida Braxton Holst Braxton Holst Vren Rook Vren Rook

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

FATE OF THE REALM V: THE COST OF HUBRIS - PART FIVE
YkvnX5I.png
GRAND MEETING HALL, WARDEN QUARTER,
TOR VALUM, KESTRI (AUTUMN OF 877 ABY)

'Your proposal is bold, Moff Korvan,'

Briefly raising his little serving of Tihaar, drinking it and handing back the hipflask to it's rightful owner, Erskine and Braxton were sharing a hearty chuckle together when Romul finally piped up again to say,'And it seems you would forget yourself. The Enclave's memory is not so short that today's events have been forgotten. Any pact signed between the Empire and Enclave would be as worthless as the holo it would be written on. I will allow commerce to continue freely so long as the Empire does, but any Imperial observers would be unwelcome in Mandalorian territory at this time.', speaking more flatly and roundabout than he had before. However, and though Lord Erskine was much better-equipped at reading the room than most, at face value it seemed that Barran was set on casting such awareness aside, as the old Woad wasn't planning on leaving - and not for anything or anyone but the peoples of both factions.

'We will conduct our investigation amongst our own and mete out punishment as we see fit, according to our laws and customs. Mandalorians are not subjects of the Empire, nor subject to its laws. Moreover, if it is a surprise attack you fear, Moff, then I would not worry.'

No need to mete out punishment for this.
But I'll get to that when Saxon concludes.

Every man gets to speak his mind here.

'If the Mando'ade were preparing for war, you would be well aware.'

From the very moment the Warmaster sat down, the Lord-Regent felt that there was something off about his delegation-counterpart, and whenever he spoke, the old Woad's gut instinct would turn his stomach to the point it tangibly stung with a dull pain in his spleen. And when the grimacing scowl twisted into a grin of the likes Barran was all too familiar with by then, having seen it more than enough on pretty much every foe who ever goaded him into a fight in his military career, the dull pain seemed to intensify enough that it challenged the numbing effects of the painkiller stims which were still hours away from wearing off, but Lord Erskine was still calm enough in his temperament to find these behaviours quite humorous in a strange, juxtaposition-driven revelation of character.

'I consider this business finished. Now, get off my world.'

And with his trademark smirk expressed in sight of all the other delegates, Erskine looked to Romul as he stood with the intent to leave and slowly shook his head, replying,'Now don't take this the wrong way, Warmaster. I mean this in the best possible way an' all, but - we're not done here.... Well, not quite anyway.', keeping his tone light and conversational, but also making sure he had Saxon's full and undivided attention for the next part. Peaking to the Wamaster's side of the table next, looking on the table itself for the Datapad he'd slid over beforehand, then continuing,'I mean, we could resolve this much more efficiently, and with much less of a headache for all involved.', pointing to the device in a rather showy, theatrical form of portrayal for purpose.

'With one swipe on that Datapad there, you could fill Enclave coffers within moments, expanding financial clout to whatever end and whatever figure suits your people best. Also, to top it off, the only obstacles are just two conditional demands.... One, let me talk with Clan Krayt - alone.... An' two, give me a solemn oath you'll renegotiate your alliances to stay out of the war between Bastion and Coruscant. If you can bring yourself to agree on both counts, pick a number an' swipe it into your treasury.... Simple - as - that.'

moffbanner.png

X5Yx2PB.png

Objective: I - Honor Bound
Tags:

THE EMPIRE: Kanollic II Vethres | Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion | DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Open (Any Imperial dignitaries may accompany Korvan on his shuttle)
THE ENCLAVE: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Romul Saxon Romul Saxon | Braxton Holst Braxton Holst | Volo Dragr Volo Dragr | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Open

allegiancesobj1.png

"I consider this business finished. Now, get off my world."

'With one swipe on that Datapad there, you could fill Enclave coffers within moments, expanding financial clout to whatever end and whatever figure suits your people best. Also, to top it off, the only obstacles are just two conditional demands.... One, let me talk with Clan Krayt - alone.... An' two, give me a solemn oath you'll renegotiate your alliances to stay out of the war between Bastion and Coruscant. If you can bring yourself to agree on both counts, pick a number an' swipe it into your treasury.... Simple - as - that.'

Korvan remained silent as Erskine spoke first in the face of Romul’s shamelessly thin attempt to play the victim and turn the initiative into the Enclave’s favor. They had a case; Korvan would grant them. But only a novice would believe that chance firm enough to hang on. Only fools greater still would believe themselves in an adequate position to speak to the Lord Regent in such a manner without awakening the beast inside.

Ignacious may well have appeared to be the direct and unpleasant seasoned figure used as a blunt instrument within a diplomatic meeting, and such ones with that view would not be wholly wrong in believing so. But there was an advantage to Ignacious being originally delegated to spearheading these talks. Insulting and posturing with him, while foolish in and of itself, provided a man like Romul Saxon with some leeway regarding responses. While Korvan wielded considerable influence given his station as a Grand Moff in the Empire, and could apply significant authority to almost anything he set his mind to; he was not Erskine Barran. There was technically a rung above Korvan on the ladder that was the Imperial hierarchy, and while not everyone could bypass him to that top tier - Romul could, and in fact already held an audience with that man here and now.

And instead of seeing the situation for what it was, decided to treat with Erskine as little more than a petty ambassador that could be cowed with strong words couched in a firm tone. Erskine may have been widely regarded as amiable and reasonable, but when he was provoked; he acted decisively and with finality. There did not yet exist another man in the Empire that could supercede Barran’s authority, whereas technically that same man could override anything Korvan could do both good or ill.

So when the Lord Regent spoke, not only did his voice carry the hint of a transition into the dangerous half of his persona; but it also meant that the Enclave was on the last rope of any goodwill the Empire may have entered these discussions with. The blindness and sheer... lack of self awareness thus far exhibited was shocking to say the least - so much so that Korvan’s eyebrows were rather visibly raised in unison as he let out a gentle sigh.

“The Lord Regent is most generous to make his final offer, despite the Warmaster’s...”

‘Foolishness?’
No, he wouldn’t say that.

“...posturing.” The Grand Moff had looked for a softer word to describe the situation, but it was unavoidably obvious. Even those amongst the Enclave’s ranks clearly disagreed with the manner in which the Warmaster had reacted to them all, demonstrated in both word and body language. The Mandalorian clearly was attempting to establish dominance with loud and firm platitudes and commands.

A lesser man would likely use this opportunity to remind the Enclave head of state who he was speaking to. But there was an old saying Korvan remembered well from his upbringing. ‘A man who must remind his peers ‘I deserve respect!’ holds no true respect at all.’ Erskine Barran demonstrated that well, proceeding onward with the directness and resolve he had come to be known for despite the Mandalorian’s attempts to obfuscate, redirect, and beat his chest like an upjumped barbarian.

Whether Romul’s words were meant to provoke or otherwise, Korvan would not fall victim to that either way. “You insist Mandalorian memory is not so short as to forget the events of today, yet it’s obvious it is short enough to forget the purpose of our visit, and the slights the Enclave has already exacted upon us. I thought the rumors of the Enclave falling into a state of decline upon the Quartermaster’s death was simply that - rumor. But clearly, your people have indeed fallen far if this is what you consider diplomacy.”

Korvan would join Erskine in locking eyes with Romul, returning the Warmaster’s stalwart bluster with the very resolve that resulted in Korvan’s ascension into the role he now occupied. “You already have our apologies and assurances that we will handle this clear and brazen attempt by what is likely to be Imperial Radicals to disrupt this meeting; a shame that, as i've said, mirrors the Enclave's miscalculation over Ilum... a slight the Empire will not soon forget either. If Mandalorian honor means anything, perhaps you will have the grace to address the Lord Regent’s proposal? Unless you wish to ignore it for a third time and cast us from your planet as if we were nothing more than simple diplomats.”

The Grand Moff would pause for a few moments before directing his attention back to the Lord Regent. “Perhaps it’s best we leave them to their wounded pride, my lord. It’s all they have left it would seem. Especially if they believe we will permit a continuation of trade after this whole affair...” He would make as if to rise from his chair and smooth the slight wrinkles that had laid within it. But before turning to leave, he would exchange glances once again with the two men, and scan the table to meet the eyes of the others who sat around it.

X5Yx2PB.png

allegiancesobj1.png
KESTRI | TOR VALUM
ENCLAVE: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Romul Saxon Romul Saxon
EMPIRE: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan
GEAR: In bio

lLcXg5L.png

“You already have our apologies and assurances that we will handle this clear and brazen attempt by what is likely to be Imperial Radicals to disrupt this meeting; a shame that, as i've said, mirrors the Enclave's miscalculation over Ilum... a slight the Empire will not soon forget either. If Mandalorian honor means anything, perhaps you will have the grace to address the Lord Regent’s proposal? Unless you wish to ignore it for a third time and cast us from your planet as if we were nothing more than simple diplomats.”

“Perhaps it’s best we leave them to their wounded pride, my lord. It’s all they have left it would seem. Especially if they believe we will permit a continuation of trade after this whole affair...”

"If you're lookin' to buy some bodies, I'd suggest you talk with that corpo sitting across from you." The voice came from the throne room, quickly followed by the gentle clinking of armour and weapons as the Wardog entered the meeting room. Shai's emotionless visor shifted to glare at each Imperial delegate around the table - Barran included.

Especially Barran.

"If talk's all you're good for, Iggy, I'm really not surprised that my clan broke your line over Ilum. Don't think too highly of yourself, right now you are just a diplomat." Her visor glared at him and his entourage of guards for a moment as her hands rested on her hips. Her visor then shifted to Erskine. "And you..." She started with a long sigh. "I didn't blow your guts out just so you can keep playin' with the kids sitting on your side of the table, Barran. Just stay out of this mess." She scolded him like a grandchild would scold a grandfather.

"I went to Ilum to make good on a promise I made many years ago. My old clan went to Ilum because of a promise made many years ago. Simple as. You lot don't mind replacing a couple thousand troopers and a couple ships anyway, if that friendly fire situation was any indication, grand moff. So let's be honest, this is barely even qualifying as a slight against y'all. If anything, that was just a pointer that Erskine needs to look for a better grand moff."

She leaned against the table as her arms crossed over her armoured chest. "Enclave ain't the Empire. Matters concerning Mandalorians will be handled by Mandalorians, not outsiders. In the meantime, I'd suggest you figure out what the kriff some cut-rate troopers were doing in Tor Valum, or else I'll come to Bastion and figure it out myself. Now get. I'd like a word with your master, puppy dog." Her gaze shifted back to Barran.

She really wanted to strangle the old Woad with this whole fiasco.

6th post
WgG0FIh.png

AN AGE OF STRIFE STORY

aBKw4st.png

SHIELD_ONE
LORD-REGENT OF THE EMPIRE
GRAND-TRIUMVIR OF THE TARKINIST ADMINISTRATION
GOVERNOR-CHIEFTAIN OF GALIDRAAN III

R6NYST6.png

Tags
Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan Kanollic II Vethres Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion Adera Vellas Adera Vellas Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin Annor E-059
Romul Saxon Romul Saxon Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida Braxton Holst Braxton Holst Vren Rook Vren Rook Shai Maji Shai Maji

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

FATE OF THE REALM V: THE COST OF HUBRIS - PART SIX
YkvnX5I.png
GRAND MEETING HALL, WARDEN QUARTER,
TOR VALUM, KESTRI (AUTUMN OF 877 ABY)

'If you're lookin' to buy some bodies, I'd suggest you talk with that corpo sitting across from you.'

Oh, you've got to be fething kidding me....
Just one thing after the next, man!

Shai Maji had arrived, and at the most inopportune of moments.

Just when the Lord-Regent was on the verge of having his answer either way, the outcome that decided the conclusion of the meeting, his champion had entered the conference hall from an alternate entry-point, likely from the door of the nearest fire-escape. All who were present (even the Mandalorian delegates in attendance at the time) were able to ascertain that Maji wasn't supposed to be there at the time, and this was without the assassination attempt on Ilum considered, but Barran didn't mind that his champion showed up - regardless of threat-levels and the complications caused by entering the conference hall at such a tense moment.

'If talk's all you're good for, Iggy, I'm really not surprised that my clan broke your line over Ilum. Don't think too highly of yourself, right now you are just a diplomat.'

Shai may have had cause for calling out the Grand Moff, but the very nature of of it was off base in Lord Erskine's estimation, not that he'd have much time to process the extent of his champion's error, as the Enclave exile's attention would turn to the Lord-Regent next. 'And you.', Maji started, leaving no illusions as to who she was referring at the time, making the first thing she said since their last encounter a callously scolded,'I didn't blow your guts out just so you can keep playin' with the kids sitting on your side of the table, Barran. Just stay out of this mess.', and showing no sign of mincing her words or any indication of letting up as she made to continue in her outburst. This was unlike his champion, especially for the competent, focused individual he knew well before that fated encounter on the frozen lake near FOB: Reverence, but something was awry here, and it was down to Erskine to salvage the mess as best as he could under the circumstances.

'I went to Ilum to make good on a promise I made many years ago. My old clan went to Ilum because of a promise made many years ago. Simple as. You lot don't mind replacing a couple thousand troopers and a couple ships anyway, if that friendly fire situation was any indication, grand moff. So let's be honest, this is barely even qualifying as a slight against y'all. If anything, that was just a pointer that Erskine needs to look for a better grand moff.'

Slowly shaking his head, the old Woad couldn't help but wonder what was really bringing this on, as there was nothing in his intentions, his words or in his precarious circumstances that would warrant any tirade such as that which the Mandalorian was unleashing. There had to be a reason for it, but the old man was bereft of the appropriate time to inquire on the matter, and with no choice but to wait until his young champion was done talking, all Lord Erskine could do was sit back and listen in the hopes at least some sensible rationale could be made from it - unlikely though the Lord-Regent knew it would be.

'Enclave ain't the Empire. Matters concerning Mandalorians will be handled by Mandalorians, not outsiders. In the meantime, I'd suggest you figure out what the kriff some cut-rate troopers were doing in Tor Valum, or else I'll come to Bastion and figure it out myself. Now get. I'd like a word with your master, puppy dog.'

'That one stays, Shai. But before I resume in my efforts to fix this fething mess - lets just clear the air on some of your statements, shall we?', Barran started, rolling backwards on the table and dragging his legs with him in the effort to sit up and look properly into Maji's T-Visor. The painkillers were running riot on his mind, with his eyesight reaching the point of double vision, but the Lord-Regent cared little and less about this as he continued,'Ilum was a tank-graveyard up until the end of last year, a cenotaph of the Blue-Hearts' sacrifice to keep the planet in the hands of the Jedi.... And this changed when Coruscant robbed us of that from the very first provocation, robbed my people of their peace to grieve the deaths of some of those replaceable thousands you speak of. I had every reason to be there, and you know this to be true.', slurring his words at the start but he was lucky enough to find his focus again - and just before he made it to the mention of Coruscant.

'And speaking of Tor Valum, and speaking of today's events as well; I'm currently fighting back the suspicion that my own realm is out to get me killed here, let alone that of the Enclave an' EVERY OTHER TOM, DICK AN' HARRY IN OUR GALAXY- no, honestly. Its just incompetence all-round and it appears I'm the only one out to save lives today.... I know, THE FETHING IRONY OF IT!!!!'

With eyes drifting to the delegation for a moment, offering scowls for all within sight but for Maji herself, the old man's gaze returned to the young champion once more, softening in sight of one he valued more than everyone else in the room. Shaking his head slowly, letting his disappointment show, Lord Erskine calmly concluded,'This is one of those times I'll be needing you at your smartest, Shai. And in case you haven't heard, I have plans to speak with Clan Krayt.... As I wish very much for your old clan to overturn your exiled status - they know not that they are at fault - as you an' I both know that I am. But they will know, you can bet your bottom credit they'll know by the time this auld dafty sits down with them.', expressing commitment to his gesture with a slow, resolving nod as his silent oath to the slighted exile.

'But first, I might need you to either talk or slap some sense into your skittish Warmaster here. We need him coherent and receptive to negotiation.... Lives are at stake here, an' contrary to fallacious belief, I'm not ghoulish enough to allow any more to be lost to incompetence, spy-games or naval rivalries for that matter. Not today, my young friend.... Not - today.'

Last edited:
YkvnX5I.png

Runi watched as the injured were tended by the medical personnel that arrived. Those matters dealt with, the Shaman turned her hazel gaze to those assembled. A gathering of people that -- unsurprisingly -- was still screaming at one another (if not in volume, then in intent). Ah, to be so painfully young.

Not a word was said, though her flat stare at DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran should have conveyed her thoughts on his loud pronouncement. He was the only one here to save lives? She'd give him the benefit of the doubt on a bit of hyperbole to make a point. Not everything demanded a correction. Not every utterance needed to be truthful. Words, as they said, were cheap. That said, the man did have a role in saving lives today, which the Shaman greatly appreciated.

"Understandably," Runi said at last, "the Warmaster is wary of cementing long-term relations given events earlier today. However," the Shaman looked over to Romul Saxon Romul Saxon in particular, "if the Empire were responsible for the events above it seems a waste of resources of them to have willfully terminated them just as suddenly as they'd begun. The Mandokarla does not make idle threats," in case Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan still had an doubts, "so it is unlikely the ruling body of the Empire would have left here unscathed, had they been responsible. Strategically, not very wise. The Lord-Regent strikes me as a cunning if passionate warrior in his own right. Not someone prone to such folly. Leaving the door open, at least, for further discussion would be prudent." If not settling matters here and now, of course.

Could the attack have been an Imperial strike? It wasn't impossible, but Runi meant what she said. Starting and stopping an attack like that for seemingly no gain was reckless and a waste of resources. It only served to anger the Mandalorians while the Lord-Regenet and some of his trusted advisors or commanders were well within range of a disruptor bolt. Not terribly smart. Runi did think more of them than that, so she was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Enough to not sever all discourse with them, if nothing else.

"Once both parties have conducted their investigations, we may have much more to discuss." Such as a common foe trying to set the two of them at one another's throats, perhaps. Or confirmation that the Empire was foolishly manipulative.

In any event, Runi did wonder about them vocalizing any disparaging remarks or feelings about the Warmaster aloud. The man was quite stubborn and sure of himself. It might only serve to cause him to dig his heels in. Which was why the Shaman wasn't telling Romul what to do; she was merely offering calm counsel for him to do with as he saw fit.

moffbanner.png

X5Yx2PB.png

Objective: I - Honor Bound
Tags:

THE EMPIRE: Kanollic II Vethres | Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion | DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Open (Any Imperial dignitaries may accompany Korvan on his shuttle)
THE ENCLAVE: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Romul Saxon Romul Saxon | Braxton Holst Braxton Holst | Volo Dragr Volo Dragr | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Open

allegiancesobj1.png

"if the Empire were responsible for the events above it seems a waste of resources of them to have willfully terminated them just as suddenly as they'd begun. The Mandokarla does not make idle threats,"

"so it is unlikely the ruling body of the Empire would have left here unscathed, had they been responsible. Strategically, not very wise. The Lord-Regent strikes me as a cunning if passionate warrior in his own right. Not someone prone to such folly. Leaving the door open, at least, for further discussion would be prudent."

Runi spoke with wisdom and insight - something the Grand Moff had underestimated in the woman. Perhaps it was largely due to the mistrust he carried for force users in general that contributed to his distrust of her now. But clearly, she was the most level headed of them all.

That point would be demonstrated in spades by the arrival of yet another member of the Enclave.

"If talk's all you're good for, Iggy, I'm really not surprised that my clan broke your line over Ilum. Don't think too highly of yourself, right now you are just a diplomat."

A femenine voice with a certain edge to it echoed through the Mandalorian’s helmet. While her identity was not obvious, it did not take long to discern this mysterious stranger’s identity through a combination of observations and cues given by Erskine’s response to her comments.

Shai Maji, a controversial figure in the galaxy to say the least. Her following words would lend themselves to that fact doubly so.

"I went to Ilum to make good on a promise I made many years ago. My old clan went to Ilum because of a promise made many years ago. Simple as. You lot don't mind replacing a couple thousand troopers and a couple ships anyway, if that friendly fire situation was any indication, grand moff. So let's be honest, this is barely even qualifying as a slight against y'all. If anything, that was just a pointer that Erskine needs to look for a better grand moff."

"...Now get. I'd like a word with your master, puppy dog."

Did Shai wish to evoke some emotion from the Grand Moff? Did she wish to provoke him into acting without thought or sense?

Clearly, she was as stupid as she was brash, and such idiocy caused his face to contort in disgust and impassive derision. “When did we allow idiots who lack the sense to hide themselves into diplomatic meetings, and who clearly lack the whits to understand the events that transpired in the battle they themselves were in? Wait... I know- Korvan paused as his eyes locked with her visor while a Death Mask trooper positioned his body between Shai and Korvan - standing nearly a foot taller than the woman adorned in his sable-black armor. Other troopers would direct their attention at the woman, doing nothing to provoke hostilities but standing ready to spring to the defense of their patron all the same.

“She’s too busy once again threatening the life of the Lord Regent, probably in an attempt to betray the Enclave from within in the interests of her former masters in the Brotherhood of the Maw.” He smirked.

“My men died with honor over Ilum; doubly so from the regrettable engineering failure that killed several of our own ships and despite the best efforts of both the Alliance and Enclave pirates. They defended our forces on the ground long enough to complete our mission objective. The only failure I am guilty of amidst the exceeding amounts of triumphs - is that you weren’t killed in the blast of our superweapon.”

Hardly an ounce of fear could be seen in Korvan’s eyes as he stared the woman down, the very image of Imperial resolve. Casually, his gaze drifted over to Erskine: “It would seem we are done here, my lord. Clearly the Enclave does not wish to pursue reason and peace with our cause if they wish to flaunt such a person before our very eyes. This is beneath you.”

X5Yx2PB.png

allegiancesobj1.png
KESTRI | TOR VALUM
ENCLAVE: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Romul Saxon Romul Saxon
EMPIRE: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan
GEAR: In bio

lLcXg5L.png

Shai's visor turned to glare at Erskine as he spoke. His body was going backwards fast with each word spoken. His heart rate, his scent, his eyes... he was going to dip over fast if he kept this up. Without a word, Shai walked over and hoisted him up by his shoulders to set him down in his hoverchair. She lingered by him with a glare evident even through her helmet.

'This is one of those times I'll be needing you at your smartest, Shai. And in case you haven't heard, I have plans to speak with Clan Krayt.... As I wish very much for your old clan to overturn your exiled status - they know not that they are at fault - as you an' I both know that I am. But they will know, you can bet your bottom credit they'll know by the time this auld dafty sits down with them.'

"Just stop, Erskine. Just stop. Go home, be with your family. Get out of this game while you still can." She muttered as she stepped away from him.

“She’s too busy once again threatening the life of the Lord Regent, probably in an attempt to betray the Enclave from within in the interests of her former masters in the Brotherhood of the Maw.”

"You're still here?" She spoke up as she lazily glanced over to the Moff. One of his troopers stepped in between them, earning a daring grin from the Wardog as she glared up at him. "Try something, schutta. I dare you." She growled with her hands balling into fists. Her visor returned to the Moff as she pointed to the door. "The door's right there. Kark off." She ordered before looking back to Erskine.

"Go home. Leave this all behind." She muttered with a voice that resembled a plea more than an order.

allegiancesobj1.png

W A R M A S T E R
Objective: Treat with the Empire
Enclave: Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Braxton Holst Braxton Holst
Imperial: Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion | Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan | Kanollic II Vethres | DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Adera Vellas Adera Vellas

"ENOUGH." Romul pounded the table with a gauntleted fist. "You could empty the entire vaults of the Empire and still not have the coin to buy my people. I have said it once, and I will say it once more. Pray I do not have to say it again. The Empire's presence on Kestri is no longer welcome."

He stood, though his weapons remained sheathed. All eyes were on him, and he could feel the itching trigger fingers of the dark stormtroopers that stood behind the Moff. He could feel the itching for more bloodshed. For more violence. Deny it all they might, all anyone in this room wanted was to fight.

But not here. Not yet.

"Were you half again the man you are, Korvan, you would match your words with a blade in hand. But as much as I doubt the honor of any Imperial, no doubt your stormtroopers still died twice the honor of the bootlicking politician that you are. Now begone from my sight." He made to turn and leave the hall, but stopped as if considering his words, and turned to face the Imperials once more. "Before I change my mind to let you leave this planet alive." And with that, the Warmaster took his leave of the hall and this farce of a diplomatic summit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom