Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion After the Twilight (The Sith Empire Dominion of Ord Tiddell)

Objective I/III: Gather Stone Mite Specimens and Test Solutions

The lightsaber made short work of the creature's tough chitin, cutting neatly through and allowing the specimen's internals to be properly examined. The Spaarti scientists began their dissecting as Eldaah moved away from the table, allowing them to begin isolating the digestive system of the parasite first for further study for Project OPHION. The rest would be used for testing a couple different oxidizing agents to compliment the plan for the planet.

She started to walk around the field lab, using her lightsaber to cut open the specimens or otherwise assist the scientists in their prep work while the digestive enzymes were broken down and analyzed. The hope was that, given how potent the stone mites were in consuming silicas and metals, that the acidic qualities would be useful for another bio-enhancement for her Master's projects. A live specimen was trapped behind glass, in a defensive posture, as technicians prepped a cylinder for testing.

A red gas filled the small glass enclosure, the creature immediately shifting into a state of agony as the oxidizing formula began flaking away its skin. Fascinating.

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Objective One: Remove the Infestation
Tags: Lily Kuhn Reynalv Phibos Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps Eldaah Aderyn Eldaah Aderyn

Such curious little creatures, Lark thought idly.

The stone mites were strange, as they were almost built to ruin everything they touched. Civilized society could not exist so long as these palm-sized pests were allowed to crawl around. If there were any creature who was so intrinsically opposed to civilization, surely these stone mites would count themselves among those ranks. But they were only doing what came natural to them. There was no maliciousness, no vitriol felt within them. Just an automatic behavior that led to their survival.

Dear god, am I really about to compare myself to a stone mite?

Laughing softly, Lark impaled another mite on his Sith blade. It was slow, tedious work. But it was almost a soothing change of pace compared to the wars, both physical and mental, that he had faced in the past weeks. The menial nature gave him a glimpse into the life of the common person. The tedium, the rhythmic pattern his mind entered as he passed the time, numb to everything as his body subconsciously did the work for him as his mind wandered. Work like this was what he could've ended up with if he had never left Myrkr. For now, he would deal with it.

For now, it was actually nice.

Then those damned aristocrats started bickering, and shattered his blissful mind.

Despite his slight irritation, which wouldn't have been detected by even the most attentive of individuals, Lark was amused by the encounter. He didn't view royalty in any positive or negative light, he felt no love nor envy towards them. In fact, he had studied them quite extensively. Lark came from a background of filth, depravity, and wretchedness. But a certain story read in an orphanage lended him a more noble personage.

The Prince would've like her, a voice inside him said, concerning the former empress.

The Prince doesn't actually exist, Lark thought back.

Yes he does. Because of you, he does.

Lark crushed several more stone mites, banishing the voice from his mind. It would be back, no matter how hard Lark tried to kill it, it would always return. The Prince was a character in a story, one Lark hardly even remembered. Why did the voice bring him of all things up now?

He could only sigh. Just one more enigma to deal with. But one that could wait. For now, his sister took priority. He wouldn't find any clues by killing mites, but he knew that she was sold to a noble family somewhere on Typha-Dor. He didn't expect that the royalty near him knew where she was, nor that they were familiar with any families on that far away planet.

But he'd take any opportunity he could to find her.

Last edited:
Objective: II - Re-Establish Civilization
Kit: Skystas Rieve iv Tave Daboti Dvasi

Aerarii stepped into the prefabricated shelter that had been assigned to him. The shelter, while as bleak and unadorned on the inside as it was on the inside, offered protection from the elements and the constant drone of landing transport shuttles. He plugged his datapad into the main terminal and downloaded his analysis.

The bureaucrat took a seat and looked over his assessment. The stone mite infestation has erased almost all signs of civilisation, providing a blank canvas for the Sith Empire to turn Old Tiddell into anything they could imagine. There was no native population to be considered or consulted with. It’s location adjacent to the Perlemian Trade Route provided a direct connection to Coruscant.

But for every benefit, Ord Tiddell threw up a dozen hurdles. The stone mites had consumed basically all metal deposits on the world, leaving little option for mining operations. All raw resources would have to be shipped in at extreme cost. The nearby Silver Jedi Order meant that the planet would always be on the brink of war. Hardly conducive conditions for investment.

He recorded his final assessment - high risk rating, recommend foreign investment under usual contract terms.

Speaking of which, he should check on the colonists. The settlers and workers they would bring would be vital to the rebuilding efforts.

Tithe opened a channel to the colonist ship overhead, reaching a communications technician. “Advise Ms Hoole that if the requisite papers have been lodged, Ord Tiddell is open for business.”

Moff Tithe’s transmission reached one of the humans in the comm center. Turning around in his chair, he saw Inanna leaning against one of the computer desks, her head bowed as if in deep thought. He wasn’t sure why she was still there—at least fifteen minutes had passed since she dealt with the faulty contracts, but she had never returned to the meeting with the investors. Perhaps she had been waiting for further orders.

“Miss Hoole?” the technician began.

She looked up. “Yes?”

“You are advised by Moff Tithe to proceed.”

Glancing at the floor, she nodded her head… but still didn’t move.

Moments later, Paul Dimiter entered the room, his expression pinched. “Miss Hoole,” he greeted her with cool politeness. “Which one of you is typing up the paperwork?”

The Zeltron stood up from his chair. “I am, sir.”

Dimiter looked the alien up and down, his nose wrinkling. He held up his datapad. “Name and serial number?”

“Hallard Yomin, serial number Z-219482.”

Typing the information in, Dimiter pulled up the Zeltron’s records. He pursed his lips as he read the file, then snorted. “Well, Mr. Yomin, I suggest you pack your bags.” He held up one of the pages from the original unedited contracts, which were still sitting in a pile on the desk beside Inanna. “Whatever this was all about, it’s disgraceful, a waste, and an embarrassment to us. I’ll be contacting your supervisor shortly, but consider yourself already fired.”

Before Dimiter could walk out, Inanna stopped him. “Mr. Dimiter,” she said. “Are you aware that Mr. Yomin was acting on orders from his supervisor?”

Dimiter blinked. “Who is his supervisor?”

“Niko Tolsto.”

“I don’t know him.”

“Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with him, considering that he is the one responsible for your difficulties,” she said. “Oh, and Moff Tithe has given the go ahead. You may proceed with the business deals.”

Dimiter hesitated, then shoved his hands in his pockets. “Excellent,” he said. “Tell the Moff I’ll begin right away.”

With that, he left to conduct Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe ’s business.

Inanna turned to Hallard Yomin. The Zeltron had begun collecting items and paperwork from his desk, clearly taking Dimiter’s suggestion literally.

“There’s no need for that,” she said. “You haven’t done anything wrong.”

“I don’t want to work here anymore,” he muttered, shaking his head. “Even if he doesn't fire me, I'll resign.”

You and me both, buddy. “But you are in need of a job, correct?” Inanna pressed. “I could use a… a secretary.”

The Zeltron’s posture went rigid. His throat bobbed as he swallowed hard, then he shot her a wordless look that could have dissolved steel even faster than a stone mite’s acid. Inanna leaned back instinctively, startled by the anger in his gaze.

“I meant no offense,” she muttered. Though she wasn’t quite sure what he was thinking, the fact that he was a Zeltron deliberately masking his pheromones probably had something to do with it. “It’s a serious offer. I have a writing project I’ve been wanting to work on, but I haven’t had the time to really sit down and get started…”

“You want a typist,” he said, relaxing a bit. “Anyone with fingers can do that.”

“Yes, but you’re available,” she went on, clasping her hands in front of her. “You’ll be paid, of course, and you won’t have to spend your days on a ship in space. You’d be working from my office on Dromund Kaas.”

His brow furrowed. “What exactly is this writing project you want to complete?”

The nosy Balosar was observing their conversation with unconcealed interest. Pursing her lips, Inanna gestured for him to step away from the others. Once they were out of earshot, she whispered her answer to his question.

He stared at her in bewilderment. “What?”

She whispered in his ear again. Sighing in acceptance, he shrugged his shoulders.

“That’s the last thing I expected, but I don’t have a problem with it. Sure, I’ll work for you.”

Inanna brightened. “Good! We can get started once this is all over. Oh, and don’t worry about Paul Dimiter—I’ll make sure he stays in line.” With that, she hurried out of the comm center.

The Balosar watched her go. “I’m callin’ it now—she’s either an airhead, or a spy.” She turned to the Zeltron. “What does she have in store for you, Hal?”

“Nothing that would interest you,” he replied.

“Hmmm.” The Balosar stared down into her coffee mug. “Maybe I should resign too. Become a farmer’s wife on Ord Tiddell…” She chuckled, curling one antennapalp. “Or a bestselling novelist.”

//exit thread

Objective: II - Re-Establish Civilization
Kit: Skystas Rieve iv Tave Daboti Dvasi

“Splendid. Tell the colonists I look forward to working with them.” Tithe terminated the holonet call with the colony ship overhead upon hearing that Ms Hoole and organised for the required contracts to be signed. The colonists, brought in from outside Sith Empire space, would pour their blood, sweat and credits into rebuilding Ord Tiddell with the hope of creating a better life for themselves, and maybe even earning citizenship and the protection that came with it.

If the colonists succeeded, the Sith-Empire would fortify the planet and seed it with crops destined to feed its citizens. Business opportunities would follow, leveraging the nearby major hyperspace lanes. There was the potential for a lot of people to make a lot of credits - the galaxy was full of savvy investors looking for good returns, especially when someone else carried all the risk. A good portion of these profits would flow into the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan coffers, fuelling the Sith-Imperial war machine.

If the colonists objected to Sith rule, they would find their assets seized forcibly. Citizenship would be the least of their concerns.

Aerarii raised the architect of Ord Tiddell’s resurrection on his commlink. “Ahh, Ms Kuhn. Moff Tithe of the Foreign Investment Board.” The young diplomat was proving to be a smart investor herself, capable of finding rewards where others saw only risk. If this assignment went favourably, a swift rise through the ranks of the Diplomatic Service was all but ensured. “The first tranche of colonists have acquiesced. Once the stone-mites are under control, the rebirth of Ord Tiddell can begin.”

Objective III: Tinker with some Stone Mites; await exotic samples.
Location: Darkpyre-class Multipurpose Security Station orbiting Ord Tiddell
Writing With: Orion Darkstar Orion Darkstar
Post Number III
---

Annoyance originating from their lack of specimens - it wasn't his fault they were expiring faster than his subordinates could procure more ones, the steady march of progress could hardly be expected to wait while goons wrangled pests - melting away, he nodded to his assistants.

"Continue the experiments and instruct our people on the surface to hurry up - I'm not made of time."

Pressing a button on his communicator even as he headed towards the hangar, Orion would soon hear his voice in response. "Long time no see, Mr. Darkstar. I'm en route and have diverted a science team to your location. I trust there are no threats to the item nearby?"

Regardless of Orion's response, the Sith Lord would commandeer a shuttle and be on his way within minutes. Nothing got him moving quite as quickly as a mystery, after all, doubly so one pertaining to an item of power.

---

Setting down as close as possible, Adrian stepped forth, noting how the shuttle took off immediately. Those stone mites really were quite the pest, he doubted this cleanup job would be anything even remotely resembling simple... unless his people came up with a more effective solution.

Navigating the rather treacherous ruins with some enthusiasm, he would smile widely upon seeing... whatever it was.

"Oh, but this is interesting. What do you know so far?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom