Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About a New Faction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is the place to ask general questions.

How/where do I declare a new faction?
I was takin' a look-see through the rules and noticed that a character can declare a new faction whenever. I also saw that there's an application process for major factions, but I didn't see an application for a minor factions. Maybe I didn't look harder enough or there isn't one.

Is there a Jensaarai faction?
I like the order, but it's a bit sparse and I always wanted to expand upon it. I noticed y'all do a lot of homebrew here and thought this would be as good a place as any to do that. Then I searched about the forums and found a few old characters claiming to be Jensaarai, but no faction post. So I'm a little confused.

Solution
Hey Saloarian Saloarian !

There's no requirements to make a new faction -- if you hit the faction section up at the top, the page it takes you to has a big green box that says "Add new Faction". Major Factions are special, because map, and not everyone's cool enough to map like those blobs on the map right now.

As far as I know there's no Jensaarai faction that's active, though it probably existed in the past. You don't technically need to have an 'official faction page' to be part of said faction, you could just as easily link the Wookieepedia page of the Jensaarai in your bio. Of course, if you want to organize some folks to do Jensaarai things, probably ideal to set up a faction page.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you...
if they're watching anyways
Hey Saloarian Saloarian !

There's no requirements to make a new faction -- if you hit the faction section up at the top, the page it takes you to has a big green box that says "Add new Faction". Major Factions are special, because map, and not everyone's cool enough to map like those blobs on the map right now.

As far as I know there's no Jensaarai faction that's active, though it probably existed in the past. You don't technically need to have an 'official faction page' to be part of said faction, you could just as easily link the Wookieepedia page of the Jensaarai in your bio. Of course, if you want to organize some folks to do Jensaarai things, probably ideal to set up a faction page.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Solution
Oh, I see. Thank you. From what you told me, I have a few ideas of what I could do. I do have two questions though, if you'd be so kind.
  1. How do you at people? I spent longer than I care to admit trying to figure it out myself...
  2. I like to roleplay things out as much as I can and I have an idea for a little "scene" of a new faction's formation. Is there anywhere appropriate I could post that?

Oh, I see. Thank you. From what you told me, I have a few ideas of what I could do. I do have two questions though, if you'd be so kind.
  1. How do you at people? I spent longer than I care to admit trying to figure it out myself...
  2. I like to roleplay things out as much as I can and I have an idea for a little "scene" of a new faction's formation. Is there anywhere appropriate I could post that?

Hi Saloarian Saloarian

1. To Mention another user you just do an @ followed by the character name. So in my case, it would be @ Taiia Mataan, I inserted the space between the name and the @ so it would not trigger. Remove that space and it will work, also for more complicated names you can do @ and give a partial name and it will give you a list to choose from.

2. We have two avenues for role play, Open roleplaying Here and Private Roleplaying Here. If you are wanting to get acquainted with people quickly I would recommend open roleplaying and adding a public flair. Also, we do have roleplay discussion Here that is a very good place if you are trying to find people who would be interested in your faction idea.

If you have any other questions just let me know, you can DM me here or on discord whichever you prefer :)

if they're watching anyways
If it’s a short story that’s not open for interaction among other people, probably best to put up an article instead. It’ll be more visible, just you won’t write out a story with another person/other people. Of course, if it’s a story that you want people to come join, do a thread. Public is best, but I’d also suggest poking around the Discords to find people who want to join.

Saloarian Saloarian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom