Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A well deserved vacation (Fringe dominion of Phu)

Rekali the Hutt

R
Ardak watched as the man finally wrote his betting note, then took it and headed into the crowds, finding a rather interesting man by the name of @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]. Not that that'd be known by Ardak, but that was who he'd be sitting by.

"Ready for the race today?" he asked, attempting to be cordial, though it wasn't his strength. He was more brash than anything.

@[member="Valik"] had given him an honest answer and that was enough. Perhaps he would call in the debt one day and perhaps he would not but either way the promise was given. Checking over his pod racer he couldn't help but be pleased. It would keep up to the crowd but there was no way it was going to win, but it wasn't build for that. Riding through the pits he lined up the pod at the race gate. It wasn't time yet to start the fun, but it was about to be quite the show.

@[member="Droideka 0793"]

"Frankly? Almost all of them, sometimes. Nothing truly evil like killing children, but remember that I said cheating was for personal gain or fun. I'll break any law on the books, Tim, but only for a cause, an ideal. The Rebel Alliance fights the Empire, the Fringe, and the Confederacy, and to break them, yeah, I'll break laws."

"Interesting... I assume he cares a lot about you." She was bent over, working on some wiring when the tool slipped from her hand. "Ugh..." focusing, her arm grew, weaving in between the various wires until it snagged the loose tool - a soldering iron - and extracted it from the wire box. "You don't bring back bad memories like he does." She shuddered, the thought of all the lives he had nearly killed causing a shiver to run down her spine.

"So, a cloaked pod... I like your thinking. Maybe we can use the cloak for other people as well. I think I can construct a prototype out of the Detritus's hardware."

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

She raised an eyebrow. Her companion always had odd habits when it came to food, but she paid no mind. Though from time to time she does worry she'll find a decaying corpse on her ship to his lack of proper diet. 'If you feel up beating down the mobs to fetch something, be my guest. And I met the Jal Shey when I was eighteen. Life has shown me plenty beforehand. Besides, even knowledge has its irony.'

People were beginning to get excited again. Oh goody. The race is starting soon and, boy, will she squished. She looked up at Yurik. Cheering for anyone?
----
@[member="Yurik Rodecken"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Now that his pod was in place and ready, the Nautolan Je'daii began to do something he should have done before, settling into the seat of his pod with a specially-designed crash helmet over his head: meditate.

Why meditate? To delve into the Force, of course. Some were raw power, able to cause tidal waves. Conversely, Qae was one who could read ripples, his power set somewhat limited, but his comfort with them excessively built. He wasn't able to tear down a Star Destroyer. He wasn't going to bring down mountains or cause a supernova. But he had one power above all that was his utter speciality, and that power was going to give him an edge over every other racer on this track.

Quietly, Qae Shena heard the call of the Force, and heeded its every word. No matter how many of these people he knew - he could sense familiar presences everywhere - Qae would be the one to raise his head above them all.

Onith Trill

O
"No one in particular, no." Yurik said to the Miraluka Jal Shey. "Although . . . I think something's up about this race in general." Yurik said, focusing his mind. "The racers, what can you see about them?" He asked, his senses were not the best, but with the Miraluka's vision she could probably detect if they were using the Force, and the Force felt . . . imbalanced here. Something was amiss, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka again set his processors to this situation trying to understand the situation. The truth was he did not, there were too many variables he didn't have data on.

Master query: What have these Empires, and Fringe done that requires the breaking of laws?
Master query: Why not simply destroy the Empires and Fringe and make your own to make people happy like Droideka!

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
You know what? I might as well get to work on that now. Valik thought to himself. He didn't have a whole lot else to do in the podracing pit.

"Go to the market and fetch me a couple of swords, one more a parrying knife than a sword, and the other as a larger sword, like a heavy vibroblade. Then get me as many death sticks as you can." Valik said to one of his men, and they scurried off. He'd make @[member="Sargon Vynea"] a Sword soon enough.

@[member="Pandeima"] - "Oh, this'll be useful expertise for other things, no question about it. And yeah, I heard what he and his friends pulled over Void Station. He's never had a problem being high-handed when he feels justified, but that whole encounter just felt too...personal, on every side. Nothing else makes sense. Had some friends on Void when the star destroye debris went through."

She began assembling the prototype cloaking device, with pit droid help and not a little Force use.

Lord Ghoul

L
Mikhail glanced at the man sitting next to him, pale eyes flickering with a dangerously mischievous light. "You just sat down next to a murderous sociopathic Sith Lord who could chuck you out of the stands with a single thought and a flick of a finger. I could crush your throat, leave you dying here, and get away with it. And I wouldn't even feel bad about it." Shorn leaned in close, tone still light and conversational. "So I think the question you should be asking yourself is... are you ready for this race today?"

The unstable, raven haired man pulled away from @[member="Ardak Serifen"] and glanced down toward the podracers. He felt a presence down there he hadn't felt in a long while; that squidhead who had been in charge of the Vagrants. Mikhail remembered the Nautolan as being incredibly.... annoying. A slow, terrifying smirk spread its way up Mikhail's face.

"I think I'm going to enjoy this..."

Sargon had done all of his last minute checks, and his racing pod was deadly and ready to fly unassisted. Using the double set of controls he checked the aim on his ion blaster and leaned into his seat relaxing. Once the starting bell went off this thing would be in full auto and he'd have plenty of time to panic then. Glancing over at his opponents he weighed up each pod as he fiddled with the gun controls. He was ready, but he wasn't sure they were ready for him.

@[member="Droideka 0793"]

"Torture, murder, conquest. You've seen organics eat. Well, these governments are like organics with a huge appetite, that are never satisfied. They'll destroy everything or make it like them. I'd never impose order. I just want people to be free, free to make their own mistakes."

He nodded to the Rebel crew and started his personal final inspection of the pod.

Rekali the Hutt

R
Ardak chuckled for a moment. Just when you thought you'd met all the Sith Lords in the Galaxy. "Are you another agent of Karrde's then, or just roaming around then? I'm ready to make some money personally, and I'd encourage you to have all the fun in the world, as long as you don't interfere with that racer." He said, and pointed at Ashin Varanin.

She paused as her companion voiced his worries. Ah. So he did sense it. While others were vying for a race, her vision was having a catastrophe of fireworks. These racers were perhaps more interesting than she first thought. Mind you, this could get dangerous quite quick. But perhaps it is what's needed. Though. . . Somewhere, she couldn't exactly pinpoint, Something was gathering energy. Uncontrollably. She would keep an eye on it. She actually liked her body in one piece.

She smirked at her companion, leaving that as her answer. A mirthless chuckle. 'Did you expect them not to use it if they can?' A flash of worry crossed her face. 'But... I would suggest..keeping on your toes.'

------
@[member="Yurik Rodecken"]

Lord Ghoul

L
"You mean Ashin Varanin, former Empress of Ten Thousand Worlds, former Ori'vod of the Vagrants, Lord Admiral of the Fringe?"

Mikhail's eyes flashed. "I would never."

@[member="Ardak Serifen"]

Droideka nodded inside his thought processors slowly as he thought it all over. Some of it made sense but there was still a few things he didn't understand. Well only two things.

Master query: How would you create a government then? Without corruption and oppression? Who would you put in charge?
Master query: What about people who hurt others? Can they be free to make mistakes? Droideka made mistakes before.... but had no choice.... was slave to computer.... does this make Droideka bad?

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik's men returned, with the two swords fitting the description he was looking for. One a bit lighter, mainly for parrying, for himself, and the other a heavier bruiser, meant to go for the kill. Then they poured bag after bag of death stick to him, and he readied a few centrifuges he happened to have on hand. I mean really, what respectable scientist didn't carry a spare centrifuge?

Putting in the death sticks he began to sort their chemical contents, trying to get as much concentrated ilexetal cilona as possible.

As the device was held together by @[member="Rave Merrill"]'s Force talents, Circe's immense dexterity came into play, working on welding, screwing, soldering, and generally assembling this prototype cloak. "I suppose the hypermatter reactor gives us an extra perk - we have more than enough power to mount the cloak without a significant loss in speed and performance."

She smiled, silently thinking to herself about how she could adequately fit weapons of some sort into the design. The pit droids had meanwhile broken the bomber down to its core components and were reassembling a stripped-down version of the cockpit on top of the hypermatter reactor. This was going to be fun.

Isis walked into the spectators booth of the track and seated herself waiting for the pods to show and begin to race, hers was a simple job and one she excelled at, since she had an extremely powerful gift for force crush and choke she would use her spectators pass to covertly crush the pods of the competitors and she would eliminate the opposiiton slowly, as she waited she began to pool the force to strengthen her own force crush to better destroy the pods of the opposition so the fringe can win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom