Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A well deserved vacation (Fringe dominion of Phu)

@[member="Pandeima"]

"A hypermatter reactor on a podracer? Glad I'm not the one flying it -- but Karrde's instincts are good enough to bail, and I think she'll appreciate the -- no, this one goes there, that one goes there!"

At her urging, the pit droids ripped apart the Detritus. Expensive military-grade hardware lay strewn everywhere over the hangar, but the engines were perfect. Immense.

Sargon aimed the ion cannon slowly as he tried to get the targeting module to match up with his HUD. "A sword Lord @[member="Valik"] I don't presume to doubt you, but you can make a blade greater then a lightsaber? Your dark arts have more depth then I'd have imagined. It isn't I must admit the type of thing I feel inclined to but I'll give you the due respect for it. Where did you learn such an art?"

Rekali the Hutt

R
"Fine sir." The teller said, and grumbily gave Ardak Serifen his note of purchase. Ten million credits with 123456 odds to one. Should be a good payout, if Ashin won. Then again, there was no 'if' Ashin won. She'd do it, one way or another, whether or not anyone was ready for them, and whether the methods were . . . . legitimate.

Then again, if Ashin did lose she'd owe Ardak his retirement fund, which wouldn't be the best of negotiating tactics.

@[member="Droideka 0793"]'s blatts and squeals tore at Jorus's heartstrings. He rode it out for just long enough to slap down a risky combination that netted him a small payout, then collected his winnings and ripped the restraining bolt off his buddy. "Do not shoot things," he said. "Come on -- time to get down to the hangar. You want to ride on the pod? Might fall off, but you might like it."

"These engines were designed to haul a forty meter Durasteel brick through space. As for hypermatter - we've tested the Mir series - the type used in the Detritus and other ships - to destruction before. I guarantee it'll survive the race, though I'd advise slapping a layer of durasteel over it just to be safe."

She smiled, then raised an inquisitive eyebrow. "So your time with Velok... was that a sincere attempt to seduce me, or were you merely doing what he requested?"

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"I've always had a talent for manipulating matter truth be told." Valik said, as he began covering hatches, testing systems, and making the battle pod as inconspicuous as he could. "Alchemy is my tool, my strength, my life, and with I can move the threads of reality. I could make wood resist a lightsaber with enough time and effort, making a sword resistant to lightsaber is no difficulty. And you can absorb sith lightning, reflect it back at it's users."

Pursed lips. She flung her hands towards the writhing mass around them. 'And how do you suppose we do that? I would rather get maimed by a jagged rusty spoon than die by someone's enthusiastic foot, thank you very much!' She retorted to him telepathically. It had been his idea to go watch this... this.. fiasco. And she agreed upon hearing how insightful it could.
Another grimace.
----
@[member="Yurik Rodecken"]

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka like a small child forgot his anger almost immediately at his master's offer. Well of course he wouldn't fit but he could wheel alongside it. No he supposed that wouldn't work either really. There was one other possible scenario though.

Master request: May I integrate with the pod? No organic could beat a droid in one of those. I would feel the pod, it would be my flesh. No I suppose not that would be that cheating thing again......
Master query:What is cheating and why is it bad?

Onith Trill

O
"Just because you can't see the droid food vendors doesn't mean I can." Yurik said to @[member="Xeni Kraylu"]. Xeni didn't know yet, but food meant a very different thing to him than it did her.

"And you're not going to die, or get maimed by a spoon. Tell me, how did the Jal Shey give you such a vivid imagination? I thought they were about pursuit of knowledge, diplomacy, not creative violence and general snarkiness."

Lord Ghoul

L
Mikhail waved a hand in front of the man at the ticket booth and gained access to the podracing stands, free of charge. Smiling disarmingly, he squeezed past the ticket booth and made his way into the stands. He sat down toward the rear and just watched the proceedings. Inwardly, he began to gather rather alarming amounts of the Force into himself in preparation for who knew what.

@[member="Pandeima"]

"If you're asking whether I would have gone through with it and enjoyed it, the answer's yes. If you're asking whether I was sincere, the answer's no. Velok's assignments have netted me more than a few benefits." Rave threw Circe a quick grin as a pair of pit droids hauled out a high-security shipping container, which opened to reveal the stygium crystals that Rave had personally secured at Aeten Two, along with various components.

"I can't decide if stygium is like being naked, or the opposite."

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
One more quiet entry, one that many of the people assembled knew.

A Nautolan, with a chromium pod with a hex-arrangement of engines, painted with the occasional blue streaks. Many would know him. He had no support team other than droids, but many friends around him that would know him as he prepared his master-crafted pod for this race. He was here for one reason, and one reason only: to crush these other pretenders into the dust and get his hands on some stygium, after the appropriate tip-off.

Oh, this would be sweet.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
"Alright, that should do it." The quarren said to Dorsk 256 as he closed a hatch on the right pod of Dorsk's pod racer. It was rather fast, but didn't have the best of safety, and didn't have any armaments, which he suspected wasn't the case of several other racers. They seemed a bit of a rogueish sort, so he decided he'd have to be on his guard.

Sargon nodded as he listened to @[member="Valik"] list his past with the skill. As of yet he hadn't found his talent yet, and didn't even know which way to go with it. "Could you make me such a blade, Lord Valik? I understand I'm only a soldier, but I promise you I will return the favor. I don't know what my skills are with the force or which way I'll go. I do know that I won't forget that you've treated me well and aided me. I always keep my word, Lord Valik, I am an Iridonian." He said the last like the entire word meant a thousand words. He believed in his people and their ways greatly.

"I thought I recognized the woman loading Stygium up... Bah. I'd still be interested in seeing how lovable you are there in the bedroom, but for now, I have more questions. First..." She tugged at a durasteel panel, a large slab coming off the Detritus. "...how are you related to Mister 'I Blew Up Darth Vader's Star Destroyer'?"

At least, the Exactor was if her history was correct.

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

@[member="Droideka 0793"]

"Two interesting thoughts right there," said Jorus.

"This is number one: Good idea, and we'll hook you up sometime. Not this time, though. It'd get in the way of me piloting, y'know.

"This is number two: Cheating is breaking the rules for personal gain or for fun."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"I'll be honest Sargon, your word doesn't mean anything to me. And honest man isn't necessarily a competent one, and neither is a dishonest one. You've got talent with your vibrosword and you've shown potential as a soldier. I'll make you a sword just to see how many lives you can take with it." He said, as he put the finishing touches on the pod.

"But alas, you've got a race to participate in, people to kill or miam, and vehicles to destroy. Have fun soldier. I'll be in the pits."

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka continued literally rolling along side his master loyally as he thought that over. He found only one problem in the logic.

Master clarify: You break rules all the time.. you are in rebellion... you break laws.... which laws are ok to break?

@[member="Pandeima"]

"Play your cards right and you might find out," said Rave with a shrug. With a fifty-year-old's memories, she, like the Honey Badger after which Operation Honey Badger was named, did not give a frack. "But if you're talking Jorus, well, he took me in when I was twelve or so, and we flew together for a few years. I never had a last name before that. Adopted sister, though that's only legal on a couple of planets. We...grew apart a bit. We keep in touch when we need information, but we haven't seen each other in the flesh in a couple of years."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom