Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Very Alchemical Life Day || Sithspawn Sanctorium + Friends

Alina_divider.png.png

"Alright." She wasn't going to argue. Beat being in a room with a Sith Lord. Alina shifted to lean against the wall beside Damsy Callat Damsy Callat , similarly staring at the elevators now. "Er.. What would be easier? Celebrating? Don't most folks just.. Get drunk or something? Could try that."

"Couldn't have put it better myself."

Isley chimed in as Damsy answered the question of dar'manda. She didn't go into the lengthy, spiritual aspect of the word - the part about being "soulless" in the eyes of the Mandalorian people. But Kai would get the primary understanding.

He then scrunched his nose at the Siren, playfully, as she quipped about two lefts making a right.

Ah, but then came the more difficult questions. Was Isley famous? He parted his lips to answer, but Damsy filled the gap. She...stunned him with her words. Called him a good leader.

It was the best Life Day present he had ever received.

"Thank you." he said, a bit quietly.

Damsy then excused herself after expressing that she hoped to be as good to their family as Isley was to the Verd. He was about to say that she already was, but she excused herself rather quickly.

This left Isley and his grandchild standing alone.

The Sith pried one of the rings off his fingers and offered it to Kai with a grin. "Well, since we're kin and it's Life Day, can't have you walking away empty handed. My company made these years ago, helps mitigate distractions. Might come in handy as you grow."

It still did not belong here.

Yet now it was being introduced to others, a creature of strange avian design that the conduit was unable to identify. The fowl even had two names, Forerunner and Worrag, how peculiar given that the legless entity was still nameless in existence.

What are you? The Sithspawn asked Worrarg Worrarg out of a sense of curiosity more than an obligation, this creature was, at the very least, rather fascinating. And why do you have two names?

The conduit's space companion came and went, mingling like a more social-minded creature, requiring sustenance in conversation as opposed to being content to float around and ask large yet simple questions. Understandable, the floating creation had no sense of time, nor of punctual social habits.

will you sink down to me?
"I dunno," Damsy breathed though she did know. She just didn't know how to frame it and retain her reputation.

After sliding down the wall to the ground, and fiddling with the wooden words in her head, she cast of their fittings. Maybe she would pay the price for being vulnerable, but she couldn't bring herself to care. "This. Being a-a leader. Being a mom. Being..." She sighed again and pulled her knees towards her chest. "...me."

Then she glanced up to Alina. Fear she didn't understand set into the pit of her stomach. "Maybe I should just get drunk." Though she probably couldn't get up if she tried.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

It still did not belong here.

Yet now it was being introduced to others, a creature of strange avian design that the conduit was unable to identify. The fowl even had two names, Forerunner and Worrag, how peculiar given that the legless entity was still nameless in existence.

What are you? The Sithspawn asked Worrarg Worrarg out of a sense of curiosity more than an obligation, this creature was, at the very least, rather fascinating. And why do you have two names?

The conduit's space companion came and went, mingling like a more social-minded creature, requiring sustenance in conversation as opposed to being content to float around and ask large yet simple questions. Understandable, the floating creation had no sense of time, nor of punctual social habits.
The creature nodded it's head to Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri 's approach responding lightly, ["Not far. Not many places to go that might not get me shot."] he responded, almost jokingly. Almost.

Worrarg tilted its head at the creature that Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri introduced it to, Kiber Dorn Kiber Dorn , he was not even slightly bothered by the question given he asked that question many times and would do so again. Nor did the second question both him. Worrarg recognized this one too might stand out a good bit. Which was interesting. ["Worrarg and Forerunner are one name. One in my language, one in Basic."] he answered, the thing around his neck translating from Huttese to Basic, though not his native tongue he knew it well enough. mimicking the closest thing to a shrug as his smaller arms could, ["I am what is called voran. We are of relatively new origins in artificial creation. But what are you? Sithspawn? Spirit? Artificial creation, altered, or a rare natural species? You are not of the normal kind, not that most here are any different."] His curiosity on the other oddity was certainly noticeable in the quick questioning.

In spite of his size and abnormal appearance, he was plenty friendly when the circumstances worked.

It was an oversight not to consider the thousands upon thousands of different languages utilised across the ever-expanding infinite sprawl of stars. It might have felt foolish but instead took each moment as an opportunity to learn. Even without a translator between them, the Force was always present as a universal way of communicating.

I am an extension of The Creator's will, the conduit answered with its monotone mental voice, a line so often spoken in introduction with those of the Sanctorium, and was created to serve as such.

The nameless sithspawn remained entirely unaware of the truth of its own origins, only knowing the beginning of its time as it came to be upon Darth Prospero's laboratory table. There had been nothing before, no man, no life. Kiber Dorn was not an experience, it was a meaningless unknown name in a database of missing individuals.

What is your purpose, Worrarg Worrarg ?

Curiosity continued to match curiosity, even if the pair were hardly the life and soul of the party.

Alina_divider.png.png

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat had kids?

No, wait. No, she meant Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri . And.. Maybe others. The whole sanctum, perhaps? No, Alina was just trying to distract herself from the similar problem she was dealing with. What it meant to be her. Without.. Without the one she loved. Being here. The Vampiress ended up just sliding down beside the Siren, similarly pulling her knees up to her chest. "Can't imagine being you. You gotta deal with all these.. Us. Most just kids forced in a life they didn't want. Made in a life they didn't want. But.. You keep them together. Give them something to look forward to."

That was the difference between them, from what Alina could see. Alina wallowed in her own pity. Damsy tried to keep a brave face. She smiled, glancing to the other.

"If it helps, you can just be you around me. Trying to balance it all must be a hassle." She flexed an arm, the smile turning to a grin. "I'm much older than I look." Not by much. She was.. Ah, it was hard to remember. When was the last time she celebrated a birthday? Either way, she could try to be Damsy's friend, right?

will you sink down to me?
"You keep them together. Give them something to look forward to."

"It's what y'all deserve," she said without missing a beat. "Nothin' less." And everything more.

"If it helps, you can just be you around me."

She nodded. "Thanks, Alina. You dunno how much that means." With that, Damsy stood. She offered a hand down to help the vampiress up too. "Right back attcha, o' course." She knew shockingly little about the woman she had broken out of Galactic prison. "How 'bout one more drink?"

A pause.

And a sideways smirk.

"Uh, not from me."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Damsy explained a few things about Mandalorian culture, which Kai was not at all familiar with. The Doppelganger listened, and noted that Dar’jetii seemed surprised when she called him a good leader, though he thanked her graciously.

But then, just as quickly as she had arrived, Damsy excused herself. Kai watched her go, brow furrowing at her sudden departure. He sensed that she was unhappy, but he didn’t know how to help her—and part of him also sensed that he was one of the sources of her unhappiness.

Dar’jetii presented him with a ring. Kai accepted the gift with wide eyes.

<Thank you,> he said. <I… I don’t have anything to give you in return.>

His gaze flicked back toward Damsy, and suddenly he no longer felt comfortable here anymore.

<I’m sorry. I have to go.>

After saying his goodbyes, he left Dar’jetii, Damsy, and the party altogether.

Alina_divider.png.png

"I'm always me. Dark, brooding." Alina snickered some, though raised a brow at the mention of a drink. Right, Damsy Callat Damsy Callat didn't know. Then again, the Sangnir hadn't explained much about what she was or what it meant. Then she snorted into full on laughter.

"Look at that! You can actually tell a good joke." A fanged grin and Alina pulled herself up, still chuckling. "Sure, though I can't get drunk or anything. Body filters it out too quick."

An extension of his Creators will. To Worrarg, surely any artificially made creation was that way? At least to some extent. Perhaps he simply meant it with more emphasis, afterall Worrarg's creation didn't mean that he couldn't oppose his creator, he simply had to be one of the first of his species. Beyond that, and ensuring more would come, he had no reason to counter what his creator wanted aside from knowing better than to test him for no good reason.

He returned the question of purpose, Forerunners answer came shortly, ["As my name implies, I am Forerunner. To my race. We are new and presently few in number but the expectation is that our kind will grow, eventually. We were made to be superior to most beings in current existence that are capable of reproduction. Though, I believe my creator lacked awareness of how appearance's could impact situations if not given appropriate resources to compensate."] While there was no animus towards his maker, Worrarg did understand that a great deal of his blockades were due to responses to his appearance. They were not easily fixed in regular situations, ["However I do have personal goals. Curiosity is one. For now though, I remain here due to being helped by Damsy. I can be of some use should it be attacked or need help. And in turn it provides me a safe place to stay. I may find new goals in the future, but this is good for now."]

The creature thought for a moment, ["Do you have personal goals. Or are you only an extension. You appear to be a separate being, altered or artificial, but separate."]

Kiber Dorn Kiber Dorn

With their factually stated conversation, they were the true beacons of the party, not to mention the two most hideous creations amongst the rabble of rescues.

Interesting, I find your appearance tolerable. I have been lead to believe that I am unpleasant to look at also, the conduit intoned factually (although perhaps Force Sight cast Worrag in a kinder light), finding a sense of fascination in the nation of repulsive creations, perhaps it is a shared flaw held in those who would create us.

It could not relate on the matter of personal goals, and when such questions were turned upon the floating torso there was a long minute of thoughtful silence. It had been found floating throughout the void asking for purpose, after all.

I have no goals; The Creator is dead.

Why would it continue to function if it was only confined to that purpose? The conduit found such a question bothersome, its lack of an answer was a contributing factor to such frustration. Was there something more? Nobody had an answer thus far, but perhaps Worrag held such wisdom.

What should my purpose be, Worrag?

"Stay safe. That's the only gift I need."

The young man accepted his gift...but departed almost as quickly as he came. A small part of Isley wanted to stop the man, to at least exchange holo-digits. But...that could have only complicated things. Maybe in the future. For now, he simply offered a small wave.

"It was good meeting you Kai."

With thus said, Isley found himself alone once more. He procured another drink, found an unoccupied stool, and settled down with a content sigh.

A very understandable response, it was reasonable that as an oddity himself Kiber Dorn Kiber Dorn did not seem that bothered by Worrargs appearance, and from what he'd understood of other so far, it made sense that he too would be seen as 'unpleasant.' In truth he didn't blame the more common species, but it did not change the facts.

Forerunner nodded as his pondering, ["It might seem that way. In time, perhaps that can be remedied. Or perhaps a social impact would hold more value. I have many years left to test this and explore and so will my relatives or descendants."] It was an interesting thought, would adjusting the species be the better option? Or, which would also be more in line with the Sanctorum, would it be better to attempt to adjust the galaxy itself. He had the years for it.

However the next statement definitely interested him further. Kibers creator dead, and no personal goals. To Worrarg, that made the creator very shortsighted. Why spend the effort making a living creation and your death be the end of its use? Though, it could have been his own creators belief's rubbing off on him in spite of their short time together.

Kiber wanted a purpose, or at least, didn't want to not have one. To Forerunner there was a difference. ["I could not answer that with certainty. That must be determined by your own wants, desires, aspirations. Or, should you possess them, values. Moral or otherwise. You might be welcome here, you would have some manner of kinship if that is a thing you care for. While we may be the more noticeable outliers, we are all in some manner alike. It wouldn't need to be permanent."] That was acceptable to Worrarg, but he wanted to provide something more, ["But, as an outlier, you also might be more fulfilled in an outlying goal. Be that making yourself fit in, or trying even harder to stand out in some area. Or perhaps you need to search it in the force. I do not typically meditate, but the force can offer a vast amount of knowledge to those seeking it. Dark, light, whatever, it is full of what is and so you might know more about what you should do simply by trying to discern the force itself. Not that that's an easy task."]

His sentences had certainly gotten a lot longer once knowledge could be properly transfer and the questions switched from simple to more complex. He wanted to help, odd though it was. And so he tried to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom