Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction A Rising Threat | GA and BOTM Junction of Reecee and O’reen

20201224_222559.jpg

Allies: Alars Keto Alars Keto | Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha
Enemies: Viribus | Kirk Korrado | Kingsley Kingsley | "Whisper" "Whisper" | Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea

Patiently waiting for a reply from Kryll, a dark grin across his face, Zachariel leaned in as the man spoke. A single condition? It'd be something difficult no doubt, but for a man of Kryll's talent, no doubt worth it. Already he could invision what the man would do as a Bloodsworn, the glory he'd reap for the warband. His thoughts were brought to a crashing halt as the shi'ido attacked, tearing into the camp to steal supplies. Snarling at their sudden intrusion, Zachariel turned from Kryll and towards this threat, blaster already raising and firing upon the attackers.

The shi'ido's fire was swift and furious, cutting down numerous marauders not quick enough to take cover. At the same time, those fast enough to counter attack managed to cut down a handful of the rebels. Those most successful soon had fire being directed at them, even as more of the rebels grabbed whatever they could and readied to leave with more supplies. Part of that return fire was directed towards Zachariel, and in turn Kryll and Tu'teggacha. This was due to the swift nature of his retaliation, and the clear fact that they were the leaders here. Because of that directed fire, Zachariel took a step forward and in front of the two, absorbing the incoming fire with ease. Then he called out to the nearby marauders, roaring an order that they would obey.
"Stop them, kill or capture them all!"

With another burst of fire, a further two shi'ido died, even as more continued to engage the Brotherhood. Sneering at these freedom fighters, these weaklings, Zachariel drew his sword and activated it with a crackle. Maintaining his fire, Zachariel called over his shoulder to his two allies.
"I'll cut them off from behind. Ensure they either die or are captured. These fools will not flee this time."

Then he focused forward fully once more. With a thought, Zachariel activated his jetpack and launched himself forward and upward. Mere seconds later he came crashing down with a dark laugh. He landed at the end of the freedom fighters, crushing one of them underfoot. Laughing, Zachariel set to the slaughter, cutting into them and allowing their screams to rise. Their cries of defiance were mixed with cries of fear, for they knew what would come should they be captured. And they fought all the harder for it, either engaging him more, or rushing to grab their supplies and escaping. And Zachariel merely cut them down like cattle, laughing at their fear, drinking deep of their hate, and simply returning it.
"Kill, maim, burn!"

ChVAW7n.png

New_GA1.png

botmga4.png

THE_WARDEN
THERE IS NO CHAOS, THERE IS HARMONY
THE NEW JEDI ORDER |
HOLY CITY | OBJECTIVE III - FREE PRISONERS
VOICES
cj2JhgK.png
"Welcome,"
Your fellow Jedi will fall quickly. I do not have the luxury of toying with you today."

Powerful arms came around in an arc as if he were settling to hug the thick trunk of a tree. Palms clapped together, fingertips pointed at the ghastly priestess with his wrists locked firmly. Bracing his knees, one of his feet slipped back at the initial collision as her telekinetic outpouring was not diluted but redirected. Like the bow of a ship vaulting headlong into a tidal wave, Asmundr’s fists spearheaded through the telekinetic blow and pierced through the obtuse, rolling waves of invisible energy clattered and banged against the cells the Jedi were in. The draconian locks clanging loudly under the strain and groaning with the threat to break.

Re-establishing his footing, he grimaced at the priestess’s hubris. The darkness always felt so haughty, so wretchedly triumphant that it was rough to hear. It had been a long time since he’d contended one on one against an opponent - usually he was vaunted high above and coordinating the mental strain of those on the ground.

Being so, he took the time to appraise the creature’s presence in the Force. As he suspected, she was like a black hole. Consuming and drawing things toward her for them to be lost forever. Like a dent in the fabric of time and he scowled, feeling all that consumed energy redirected nastily to the tired minds of the prisoners all around them.

To counter, he separated his hands again, clenching a fist as if beckoning the darkness in his direction rather than letting it befall those distant brethren.

“Who..what are you?” He asked through clenched teeth. One. Two. Three. Four. Four bold steps forward to close the distance between them. "I've not felt anything like you before."

New_GA1.png

ALLIES | NJO | GA | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Viers Connory Viers Connory | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
ENEMIES | BROTHERHOOD OF THE MAW | ENGAGING Anabasa Anabasa | SOON Stalker Corvus

botmga4.png

K N I G H T
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
CAT AND MOUSE
JEDI_GANG | Xashe Tistya Xashe Tistya
OPEN TO OPPOSITION

wsL0bBY.png
"Do you think I'm prepared for this? I dont feel ready..."

Like a mother bird to their offspring, they would them to fly off from the nest and venture out life on their own. So would Rhis adopt that philosophy with his Padawan. They could train for days learning a new technique, but what good would his teachings be if they weren't used in a practical, realistic way. It would be foolish of him to hide Xashe away from the dangers of the Galaxy. He would push her to the limits she was capable of handling. They would both see together if this mission was something beyond her capabilities or not.

"I do, Xashe. I will not shed you away from the dangers that lurk across the Galaxy, otherwise I will have failed you as your master."

"We will act together on this, but you will heed my orders to you. If it is true how perfidious these zealots are, then we will show no quarter to them even if they are defenseless. This is a pestilence we will not suffer, you understand?"

Others would frown at Rhis for what he was teaching to his student. Encouraging her to kill those, even when defeated was something many would deem against the teachings of the Jedi. To Rhis, however, those archaic teachings did nothing to counter the evil that constantly threatened the Galaxy. He was the few that did what many hesitated to do among the Jedi.

"Let us move now, we cannot waste anymore time. We'll go and free as many prisoners as we can."

Viribus

V
botmga3.png

R E D _ H O R N E T
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
CARRATOS
MY_GUYS | Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea | Kingsley Kingsley | Kirk Korrado | @“Whisperer”
THE_OTHERS | Alars Keto Alars Keto | Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha | Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood
JUaDCut.png
An interesting turn of events, one they should capitalize on when Shi’ido infiltrators attacked the Zealots so suddenly. Almost like it came out of the blue. The chaos of battle erupted as the zealots rushed to counter the Shi’ido ambush. A battle Xesh was in the midst of with combatants fighting around them. Interesting to be in the middle of the conflict without much being directly confronted.

Although it wasn’t an act they could continue, or at least him.

“We can’t keep up with this, Mai. It ain’t like some detonators won’t explode near us or whatever the hell. I’m dipping out, but keep up your work and don’t trip up.”

Or else he’d lose count of how many times he had to bail out his partner from a situation she couldn’t win physically.

“I’m going for that guy, keep me hidden yeah?” Trusting on the Fallanassi sorceress as his focus came on Alars Keto Alars Keto . One of the loudest of the crowd. The zealots were occupied from the hidden enemy, so why not add more fire to the pit. If they needed more intel, Maijan could cover that.

The dark cloud that hung over the captain for weeks had only grown worse. Rumors of her confrontation with the chancellor had spread like wildfire throughout the regiment. The looks she received were often a mix of disbelief and awe- except the very few present on Ossus. Those gazes were filled with pity. They had torn her away from her sister's dead body, sat with her through the shock, and watched the subsequent spiral Suri had taken.

The same gazes followed her throughout the small camp they had set. Eclipse Team had landed on the backwater planet days ago. Establishing the beachhead to take the Maw forces that had decided to pillage the surrounding areas had been the easy part. Sneak, shoot, sneak some more. Everything she was trained for. The nights of waiting after were harder. The forces that were promised to back them up took their time arriving, leaving her with her thoughts. Only as the ship descended did she stand. She looked to the lieutenant, nodding.

"Gear up, eclipse! We fall on the encampment in t-minus one hour!"

The men who followed her rose as well, scurrying between the stations. Shortly after they began to be torn-down. Fires were snuffed, trash buried. Within a few minutes, it would be as though they were never here. Suri looked over the clearing, where men began to unload. Bitterness was apparent in her face. Marines. She understood the need for a joint mission, just as they had done so many times before, but it never got easier to deal with the haughty attitudes. She sauntered over, a slight cockiness in the walk.

"Alright, which one of you bantha brains am I dealing with today?" She inquired with an arched eyebrow. She didn't expect much from whatever hotshot officer they had sent. ​

ChVAW7n.png

What an unexpected turn of events. Well, not wholly unexpected. Maestus knew Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo was cunning and quick witted. She knows he can be an unconventional combatant. They both were proving it today.

And what happened to his eyes?! If they both survived, she would ask him.

She had just begun to climb up the teetering metal grating when Aaran reached out through the Force and rent it free. Maestus had not considered that as a possibility. To her, until now, she thought such acts required sight, physical sight. To know sight was unnecessary opened a myriad of thoughts and questions in her mind. Questions she pushed aside in favor of pondering how not to die.

It was a curious sensation, free falling. Being utterly weightless. The wind whipping against skin. Robes flapping violently. In all honesty, not a sensation she appreciated as much as some may. Luckily, she had been trained for just such an occasion. Her Master, Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis had shoved her off a cliff that overlooked bubbling lava. She'd had to figure out how to save herself then, and she would do the same now.

Stretching out every sense she had, and every fiber of her being, she commanded the Dark Side of the Force to her. She willed it to slow her descent to oblivion. Hands outstretched, she commanded her body to Slow, and commanded to Force to do the same. Several heart pounding seconds passed by before she could feel her fall ease.

Gradually, the rushing wind became a light breeze. Her robes fluttered lightly. A sense of gravity was returning. Good, objective accomplished. Now to get to solid ground.

As she was still falling, albeit at a snails pace, she looked around to figure out where in the Holy City she had fallen to. Engine area. Concentrating once more, she gave herself a telekinetic push towards the side, aiming for the side of a catwalk. She was so tired by now, having given everything she thought she had in busting the walkway and then slowing her fall. Somehow, she tapped into her reserve will, and mustered the power to propel herself towards a catwalk. Grasping for dear life, her fingers scraped at the cold, unforgiving metal desperately.

Finally, after what seemed forever, her fingers curled into the grating, and she weakly lifted herself onto the grating. She rolled onto her back, and lay there. Exhausted.

botmga3.png

Objective 2: One of Us
Tags: Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha | Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood

Kryll was infuriated, this was the second raid within the week. They were growing bolder, less fearful of the overwhelming numbers of the Maw. This was not acceptable, yet if they could not be captured they had to be killed and even that was becoming a chore. "We need chemical weapons to take out these ingrates, I'm getting far too tired of chasing down shapeshifting meatsacks too afraid of their own shadow."

The marauder lieutenant was lit his cigarra once more and paused, taking a sharp draw from the sweetened herb. As he exhaled he drew his filament edged Atrisian warblade and returned his gaze to the mighty Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood , "Alright you got a deal."

BOOM

Another explosion rocked the area as debris fell over the encampment, sounds of primitive alarm mixed with sirens from old Imperial systems screamed throughout the area. "OY! GET YOUR BOYS OVER THERE AND GET CONTROL OF THE CAMP!" He screamed off in the direction of countless marauders, his eyes falling back over to Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha , "Is this enough to warrant some kind of pathogen or what? Let's kill em' all and be done with it."

Kryll stepped away and marched off angrily toward the slave pens, he went to fetch Shi'ido captives for the one thing he knew better than anything. To bring terror.

Before he could reach that moment fire rained in on the area, ricocheting off the armor of the warlord Zachariel Steelblood. The Shi'ido rebel fire was swift and precise, they were aiming to cut the head of the snake off. The orders of the warlord filled the air, another burst of fire and two Shi'ido rebels immediately fell before them dead as Zachariel drew up a plan. He moved off in order to cut them off, Kryll nodded and followed suit, cigarra still lit.

He waved his hand to draw in others to him and began jogging in the direction of the sounds of battle.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Objective III
Tags:
Maestus Maestus , Open.

It spoke a great deal about their opposing philosophies when one compared to how the Jedi and Sith arrested their fall. Maestus commanding the Force to arrest her momentum. Constantly exerting herself to not plummet into the abyss. The Jedi on the other hand, seemed to be taking his fall with bemused grace.

Angling his body and using the momentum from the initial push downwards. He began to drift over to one of the grated metal walls of the pit. His hand lashing out, trusting in the Force to augment his strength and his talisman to give him the penetrating power he needed to tear his hand right into the grating. His momentum still carrying him downward, his arm dragged down through the corroded metal, But oddly enough, his skin was unblemished. Barely a scratch on his arm as he rested against the wall for a moment, his feet finding purchase as he cast out his senses, attempting to find where his opponent had leapt to.

It took a moment, but he could lock down Maestus' desperate presence as she scrabbled her way onto a railing. And with an exertion of his own will. He launched his own form across the chasm, catching the railing of the same walkway she had clambered onto. Hauling his body over in one smooth motion to land just above her. Clearly visible from her prone position.

But he did not strike, he did not taunt, he did not do anything except stare down at her for a moment before settling himself down, cross legged above her. "Well, that fun. Pointless, But entertaining." He mused, hand coming to rest under his chin. "You've gotten a bit better. But your stamina is still terrible. I recommend cardio."

It was bizarre. This creature would not hesitate to kill him if she had the opportunity. He acknowledged that she was a threat he would be better off dealing with decisively but felt the need to give her advice of all things.

Reaching behind his back, he produced a pair off cuffs and began to idly spin them on his fingers. "Alright, so unless you want to throw down. I'm just going to slap these on you and take you into custody. I can promise that I'll be a hell of a lot nicer than you were to me. That sound good?"

He was offering her a choice. To come in peacefully. To not resist and be given the option of humane treatment. "Let me help you." He offered, hoping that maybe. Just maybe if she were taken into custody, he could take some steps towards purging the poison that plagued her mind and drove her to work with individuals as depraved as the Brotherhood of the

If the mouth could frown, it would have. This Jedi was far more powerful than most. A true master of the light. He'd weathered a wave of force energy that would have sent most flying, and now began to pull upon her mental attacks, drawing them towards him. A mistake she would use to its fullest extent. She renewed her psychic attack, with even more power than before, only now it was focused upon that Jedi's mind. He was strong, yes, but even he could be broken. All she needed was that initial crack…

Physically, there was another threat. He was advancing. Closer and closer, despite the maelstrom of force energy bearing down on him. If he reached her, he'd certainly win the close combat. The energy attempting to push the Jedi back receded, focused elsewhere. Out of the back of her insectoid knees, another set of legs sprung forth. Her shape shifting abilities were augmented by the Force, and the speed at which she could change her form was incredible. In just a moment, the legs were fully functional, landing on the ground behind her. Then, as the original set of legs began to recede into her body, another set shot out, even further back. Her body was ripped backwards and away from the massive Jedi.

The hideous voice spoke again.

"I am She of Many Forms, the Warpriest, the Great Heretic. I am the Maw's Witch, and I am Oblivion."

To punctuate her words, she once again sent waves of energy against the Jedi, one swinging from the left and towards his legs, the other coming from the right and targeted towards the giant's head. They were followed by rippling streams of lighting, bursting from the needle-like fingers of the dark monster. All the while, her mental attacks pushed against the Jedi Master's defenses, attempting to wear him down and to find a crack to shatter his very being.

"Tell me Jedi," the words carried venom, "What will make you break?"

Objective: 2 (One of Us)
Tags: Alars Keto Alars Keto , Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood

ChVAW7n.png

Distracted as he was by the sudden arrival of the insurgents, Tu'teggacha hardly noticed the conclusion to Kryll's bargain with Zachariel... though he was certain that it would lead to more strife within the Maw. Kryll was a worthy asset, and the Chosen tribe would be furious to lose him. And if Maestus Maestus found out what had transpired, especially after the way she had initially "recruited" him, well... things could easily become ugly indeed. But the Brotherhood thrived on ugliness. It pushed them all to show strength, not just in the face of the enemy but in the presence of one another. So long as it did not divide them in their ultimate purpose, such contests were permitted.

But there was no time to ponder the outcome any more deeply. Shi'ido rebels were moving in, sticking to the shadows and using their potent natural abilities to make themselves damnably difficult to root out. Tu'teggacha was sorely tempted to unleash the Branchlurkers on them, but they might know how to avoid the creatures, since they shared a homeworld. Besides, too many marauders would be eaten by the ravenous, untrainable warbeasts in the crossfire. No, Kryll had the right idea. They needed to unleash their stock of bioweapons, something to melt these foolish changelings and make them think twice before they returned. A shame to waste them... but it had to be done.

The Shi'ido captives were few and slow to break, and he desired more, but this intrusion had to end swiftly. No further damage could be permittted.

"I will unleash our bioweapons," Tu'teggacha confirmed, nodding his knobby head at Kryll. "Keep these infiltrators back." The Taskmaster scurried back toward the central fortress, keeping low to the ground, using his small stature and swift, scuttling movements to stay out of the line of fire. Many pathogens and other bioweapons had been developed here, some for industrial deforestation, others to wipe out certain types of foe wherever they were found. The camp's marauders could be left unharmed even as all of Goshen was sterilized of Shi'ido... but only if Kryll and Zachariel could keep the rebels from putting a target on his back long enough for him to reach the stockpile.

New_GA1.png

botmga4.png

THE_WARDEN
THERE IS NO CHAOS, THERE IS HARMONY
THE NEW JEDI ORDER |
HOLY CITY | OBJECTIVE III - FREE PRISONERS
VOICES
cj2JhgK.png

All that dark energy he was keen on coercing away from the prisoners, and unto him, was doing just that. And it was a lot. The priestess’ prowess was inarguable, and Asmundr grit his teeth at the pure, visceral rottenness that plagued his psyche; only taking solace in knowing he was alleviating the strain on his fellow brothers and sisters in The Force.

He stepped forward, emboldened by that knowledge and focused so entirely on the grotesquely foreign silhouette in front of him. And then it changed right before his eyes. In a gross display of power and shapeshifting ability, skin melted and protruded evidencing more limbs where there had been nothing. If it hadn’t been so threatening, it would have been incredible.

"I am She of Many Forms, the Warpriest, the Great Heretic. I am the Maw's Witch, and I am Oblivion."

A single brow arched, and he cocked his head in affirmation of the statement. She was generous in her titles and proclamation, and he made a small sound of comprehension at the back of his throat. It seemed her shapeshifting reduced her ability to continue pressing at him with The Force. Her miasmic touch on his mind hadn’t totally abated, though; and with whatever ability of connection The Warden could concoct, he sent a node of encouragement to the collective of Jedi behind bars, supplicating them to find a way to escape while he played the role of the distractor.

That dark connection with him in her mind sent an inkling of a flare, his senses ripe and sensitive to her ministrations. She was tireless in her onslaught, and like a whirlwind, she encircled him with two opposing attacks at the top and bottom, which wrenched his body like twisting out a wet rag. An agonized yawp ripped from his lungs as he stumbled and dropped to his back, rolling quickly to his knees as snaps and cracks of electricity closed the distance between Priestess and Warden. A massive hand lifted, followed by another, to embrace the powerful tendrils. They sizzled and seared against his flesh, burning through the sweat and travelling up and down his wrists to his elbows while the majority was consumed and swallowed by the lifeforce within. The energy fed like a system back to his mind palace, reinforcing the fortress of the Force’s Warden.

He just needed to hold her. Long enough for the prisoners to escape.

"Tell me Jedi, What will make you break?"

A low chuckle managed to rumble through the base of his chest, though strained.

“Not you, witch.”

For the briefest instant, his mind flashed to a point in a timeline of separation, not his own, but the failure would be connected to him. A shard of weakness in the great mirror; and he could feel the convergence of darkness recognize that blip. Quickly, he sought to seal that off.

At the same time, the electricity within his palms began to swell, growing far too large to continue to consume and he grunted to rotate his knees into a semi-lunge, forcing the tendrils back from whence they came with significant effort while shadows clawed and thirsted for his mind; vying for all of his attention.

New_GA1.png

ALLIES | NJO | GA | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Viers Connory Viers Connory | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
ENEMIES | BROTHERHOOD OF THE MAW | ENGAGING Anabasa Anabasa | SOON Stalker Corvus

ChVAW7n.png

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo was right. Her stamina -was- terrible. She made a mental note to work on that after. After their assault. After this duel with Aaran, assuming she survives. Which, in her mind, she would.

So color her surprised when Aaran brandished shackles. She laughed hard.

What, you expect me to just give up? Come with you and live happily ever after? Come on, Aaran. You know me better than that. Giving up is just not my style. And besides, I do so enjoy our little duels. Each time, you show me areas for improvement. So for that, gratitude.

She rolled her shoulders, and spread her stance. She was not about to be caught off balance. Not by him. Never by him, not again. He is a dangerous adverary. And truth be told, he seemed more powerful than her.

Though that was changing by the day. She felt the Force more than ever, thanks to her training with her Master, Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis . He was brutal, evil and wicked. And Maestus would have it no other way. She did not want mercy and gentleness. Nor did she need them. They would not aid her in ascending to where she would one day be.

Honestly, Aaran taught her much. He opened her eyes to different aspects and uses of the Force that she had been unaware of previously. His trick with the sand so long ago was something Maestus was highly curious about. Might as well ask him, sincde they were both standing there, squaring off.

Back on Batauu (No I can't spell lol) that thing you did with the sand. What was that?

She did not truly believe he would answer her. Or even honestly. She was expecting an almost cryptic answer, if he chose to answer her question at all.

She reached down and pulled her lightsaber from her belt. Blinked her eyes and the plasma shot out, a deep purple. She did not brandish it threateningly. But her intentions were clear. She was not going down without a fight. Be damned if those shackles went on her wrists willingly.

20201224_222559.jpg

Allies: Alars Keto Alars Keto | Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha
Enemies: Viribus | @Rkirk Korrado | Kingsley Kingsley | "Whisper" "Whisper" | Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea

They had gone from a simple discussion into a firefight of middling proportions. Despite how sudden it was, the response was swift and decissive, which was to be expected of the Brotherhood. They thrived off of violence, and being presented the opportunity to spill blood, they took it with glee. Even if the Shi'ido were a nuisance best eradicated completely. To that end, Zachariel was already in the midst of slaughter. He had heard parts of Kryll and Tu'teggacha's conversation, knew the man had joined his warband, but was now focused wholly on the fight.

He was in the freedom fighters midst's, breaking them over his knee as easily as one would snap a twig. This, combined with the fire of the Brotherhoods marauders all but solidified their fate. Not only that, but it set clear targets for the freedom fighters to target, and hope to kill. Thus, Tu'teggacha was free to go to the stockpile, because he was merely someone running from the fight. Unfortunately enough for the Brotherhood, several fighters were already running off to vanish into the camp or flee back into the forest, hoping to return another day. The rest fought like cornered animals, aiming to take down as much as they could, and deal a blow against any commanders they could.

In particular, a squad of the freedom fighters were rushing to engage Kryll. Though they only numbered ten, they would be more than able to reach Kryll. Their hope was to kill the lieutenant, or at least cripple him. The other half of the freedom fighters were split between fighting the marauders, or facing Zachariel. Understandably enough, most chose the marauders, because it provided a clearer chance at exacting an ounce of vengeance. But those that did target Zachariel were some of the best the group had, and were armed with close quarters weapons.

Thus, the Brotherhood and the freedom fighters fought, both losing men, but more soldiers rushing to join the slaughter on the Brotherhoods side. Zachariel himself fought on, uncaring of the pitiful amount of damage caused to his armor. Instead, he cut into the freedom fighters with reckless abandon, as did many other marauders. In doing so, the spies from the Galactic Alliance would learn something of the Brotherhood. They cared little for their own losses, the wounds they sustained, or who they fought. The Brotherhood cared naught for that, and only for the slaughter. And anything they involved themselves in would turn into a slaughter, because they tolerated only strength. A fact emphasized by the viscous killing of the freedom fighters, or the pitiful view of their remnants as they were left alive for future 'use.'

ChVAW7n.png

Maestus Maestus

"Do you even know what happiness is?" Came his even reply. Head cocking to the side as he placed the cuffs back on his belt. Make a slight gesture to the Twi'lek before him. "Or are you confusing rushes of endorphins for actual contentment and satisfaction with your life?" It was easy to mistake the two. But where happiness could sustain itself and was self-sufficient. The chasing of a greater and greater high was hungry and devouring. Ruining the individual as they attempted to recapture the endorphin rush.

"Why is it you're so eager to improve?" He asked, hand coming to rest under his chin, not bothering to rise as Maestus stood before him and readied her own saber. The weapon was useless against him after all. He was her superior in pure physical combat even while seemingly lacking a weapon of his own.

But he was curious for her response. What exactly was it that drove her onwards? What fuelled her lust for power? He hoped there was an actual reason behind it beyond gaining power for power's sake. Understanding his opponent's reasoning and motivations did go a great length into actually helping them sort out their lives. Maybe it was impossible to save Maestus. But he would at the very least try. If he could at least have her start asking some of the important questions in life. Then he could say he managed to do some good today.

"As for my trick before? I don’t think you could pull it off." He said, waving a hand absently.

"Its not a matter of skill or power. But mindset." He explained, not looking to dismiss her abilities or insult her in any way. Simply voicing his own opinion on the matter. "It involves you realising how small you are on the cosmic scale of things. Realising you're part of a greater whole." He wiggled his fingers. "Jedi techniques are all about letting go of the ego and communing with a greater whole. So they are very compatible with the technique." He shrugged. "And what is the dark side if not the imposition of one's own ego on the universe? Not hate, pain, passion or something as banal and subjective as 'evil' just a corruption of the ego."

"Kinda hard to convince the natural energy around you to help if you scream at it. Much easier if you realise that there's no difference between it and you."
He shrugged. "It involves understanding how much everything is connected and that you're no more important than the tiniest grain of sand or the largest star in the galaxy."

Not that having an ego in of itself was wrong or inherently corruptive. It was simply when it got out of hand that one's spiritual balance was at risk.

He gave the Lethan a somewhat apolegietic smile. "Sorry Maestus. But I don’t think it’s a technique you can learn. Not as you are right now." It was possible for her to gain such power. It would just involve a rather drastic restructuring of how she saw the universe and her relationship with the Force.

He held out his hand again. "But.... The offer is open. You can always come back with me to Coruscant. I can promise you the atmosphere will be much better than here."

ChVAW7n.png

botmga4.png

Objective III: Cat and Mouse
Tags: Maestus Maestus | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

The way is shut. There is no escape.

Throughout the long series of cell ridden halls and expansive bridges overlooking a fog covered abyss walked the Nephilim in search of the Galactic Alliance infiltrators. Jedi and undesirables lured into a phony rescue, they came for the people of Jakku but would only find misery and pain.

The Dark Side was strong here, the Holy City wreaked of it. The black miasma clouded Gehinnom in it’s crushing influence, prodding at the dark urges beneath the surface, tempting and pushing an agenda of it’s own with vile intent. It was home, his presence only added to the already festering darkness that had sprung from the Heathen Priests’ long stay.

The Voice of the Maw, secretly the Sith Lord Darth Solipsis, stepped forth over the long narrow bridge and looked deep into the chasm. He could see the clash of saber and beskar steel from Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze and TK-818 TK-818 below as well as the free fall that followed with Viers Connory Viers Connory . His attention drifted and snapped to when he witnessed the twisting of metal and sounds of groaning steel from the collapsing bridge that held Maestus Maestus and Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo .

The Champions of the Maw had begun to engage their quarry, yet he sensed more nearby. “Kill them.” His eyes glanced over to the end of the bridge where the Palatine Guard stood in wait, “Kill them all.”

The Elder’s cloak fluttered as he stepped toward the edge, with a snare he stepped off into the void. Free falling, cloak enveloping him as he descended rapidly, the long fall harshly pressed against his aged form. Even so, he set his eyes for the lower platform that his apprentice and her opponent settled in the far depths. His body twisted and turned as he straightened himself vertically hands stretched forth, his body slowed by force of will.

The Dark Voice floated onto the landing before the Jedi Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo and his apprentice Maestus Maestus as his robed cloak settled. The Sith Master took a step forward and cast a dark gaze over them both, eyes scanning the scene from one body to the next. “Yes, the one from the desert. Unfortunate to see he still lives.”

ChVAW7n.png

She smirked. Always the optimistist, Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo was. Seeing the possibilities for good in everyone. Even one as dedicated to the Dark Side as herself. This alone seemed a weakness to her. Not everyone could be, or wanted to be saved. Brought back to the Light. Back to stagnancy, and obesity of thought and lean of action.

Oh yes, I have known happiness, as I have known sadness. Hardship. Seen firsthand the ravages of slavery upon the weak and oppressed. When I was but a child, I saw the people who birthed me, raised me, in chains. Beaten under the taskmaster's lash. At first, i was frightened into obedience. As I grew and began to understand, I started to despise my parents.

She nearly spit the word parents out with a venom and disgust.

You see, it did not take me long to understand why my parents were slaves. Even in their prime of life, they were weak. Incapable of free thought or action. Their every step directed by the lash. Not only did this enrage me, pity welled up. Pity they were in their position. Pity that their pathetic lives meant nothing more than a rock. Just as a rock could be found without even looking, so could new slaves. Lose your rock? No matter, find another. Slaves die? Turn your head slightly and find more. The weak are everywhere. A scurge upon the galaxy and an insult to every sentient species. The weak are an illness that must be cured if we are to achieve our maximum potential.

It was at that moment, her Master, Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis appeared between them. Her eyes landed on him but a second, then returned to Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo .

Now, you see why I strive to improve all facets of myself. I will work under the yoke of slavery never again. Oppression is something I will not tolerate further. So yes, I seek to improve. Constantly.

She turned away from him, and walked to the railing. Her saber blinked out, and she replaced it on her belt. Her hands came to rest on the top railing, as Maestus tilted her head back and inhaled deeply. Her thoughts were chaotic right now. The thrill of battle, and facing her old friend brought her no shortness of energy, rage and hatred. In her mind's eye, she was watching the fate of her parents on a loop. Her hands gripped the railing tighter with each time the loop played. When she spoke again, her voice was softer. Quieter. But strong and firm.

Tell me, Aaran. Do you truly believe redemption is a real possibility for everyone? For one such as myself? You've no idea the evils, the atrocities I have committed. Atrocities I have -happily- committed. To be honest, if you truly knew the Dark Side of the Force, you would see it is not so black and white, evil or good. It simply is, and it is, in it's own order.

She released the railing suddenly. Where her palms had been a second ago, the metal was glowing bright red, as if heated to an unimaginable degree in a very short time.

Would you like to know what became of my parents? You see, I escaped slavery. I made the choice to live and become strong, so as to never labor under the lash. So as to never fear my next meal may never come. So as to never fall slave to anyone, ever again. Come. Let me show you what became of my parents.

Without warning or ceremony, Maestus attempted to invade his mind. Images would flash. Some lingering, some flashing by. Gehinnom. The throne room. Guards encircling the room. Maestus and Solipsis. And in the center of the room, two elderly Twi'Leks huddle together, clutching each other. The female utters a word. Via. Maestus enraged, raising her hands. Electricity crackled between both hands. Aaran could feel the terror dripping off the elder pair, as with a roar, Maestus released the lightning onto the pair. Their screams filled the mind of the Jedi, should he not push Maestus out. She refused to stop the lightning. The elderly pair remained clutched together as they writhed in agony. The lightning raged on, until there was no more flesh to attack. The only remains were charred bones. Only then, if Aaran had not forced her out sooner, would she leave his mind.

You felt it, didn't you? Their fear. Their -weakness-. I gave them what they craved for the entirety of their lives, but could not give themselves. Freedom. I granted them peace.

She walked over closer to the Jedi, looking down at him in his seated position. She clasped her hands loosely at the small of her back.

You see, Aaran. I am not the monster you and many others assume of me. I merely seek to survive, as befits the strong. The weak deserve nothing, save the mercy and release of death. Which I am happy to oblige. So tell me. What can you do for me to further my aims? Hmm? Will a trip to Coruscant make me feel sympathy for the plight of the weak? Seek to defend them since they are incapable? Or perhaps, I can join your Jedi and commit attrocities for the name of the galactic good. Maybe I can extreminate entire species for their choice in religion.

She laughed darkly.

We are not so different, my Jedi friend. I am simply honest about who and what I am. You and the other Jedi, commit the same sins and tragedies as we. Yet to stomach it, you tell yourself it's for the greater good. That you do these things in the name of some higher power. You are cowards and liars. Liars to the people you claim to serve, as well as to yourselves. And it is through those lies that you are able to sleep sweetly at night.

She turned and strode away. She moved to her Master's side, then looked back to Aaran. Squarely facing him, she slowly lifted both hands towards him. She opened herself fully now to the rage within her, though one emotion charged her more than any other. Hatred. Hatred of the weak. Of failure.

Holding back no more, several bolts of lightning shot forth from her hands, aimed straight for the young Jedi.

botmga3.png

LOA-MON | GOSHEN WAR CAMP
OPEN TO INTERACTION

cj2JhgK.png

Her foot tapped, her gaze staring straight ahead. A flag whipped against the wind. The keep's oppressive grey stone stood around her, ominous and hardy. She looked to Ziven, who instantly returned the glance. He was quick of wit, never to miss a beat. The worst person to have been paired for guard duty with.

"What?" He inquired bluntly.

"I-I think I heard something." The words came as she struggled to find a way to get away from the duty without drawing attention to herself.

"I heard nothing."

"Okay..."

She faced forward again, but her mind went elsewhere. A distraction was needed, but whoever had been sent to cause trouble hadn't found their way to the keep yet. Reaching out to the force, she reached out to the room behind them. Every particle could be felt in the vast ocean. It waters were chilling. Even after weeks of living with the effects of the poison, she hadn't gotten used to them. With a deep breath, recentering herself, she felt around again. There was something- though she couldn't discern what- on the other side of the wall. She guided the waters softly with her hand. A crash from within echoed out from the small recesses in the stone. Ziven looked to her once more. Her words of folly mere seconds ago now seemed a warning.

"Watch my back." He said with the slightest of accents.

She watched as he opened the door, weapon at the ready, and moved through the threshold. His massive form disappeared into the darkness. Ripley wasted no time. Her own form shimmered from existence. She began to move away from the posting, footsteps silent. Cogs began to turn as she tried to craft a cover story for later- though, with any luck, she wouldn't need it.

botmga4.png

OBJ III- Cat and Mouse
Entering Dungeon Complex
Creuat Creuat | OPEN TO OPPOSITION

"I do, Xashe. I will not shed you away from the dangers that lurk across the Galaxy, otherwise I will have failed you as your master."

"We will act together on this, but you will heed my orders to you. If it is true how perfidious these zealots are, then we will show no quarter to them even if they are defenseless. This is a pestilence we will not suffer, you understand?"

After a moment, Xashe nodded. She couldn't help but feel the slightest twinge of guilt. At Ziost, she had been all but useless, hidden away on the prosperity. And when they were trapped, she was useless again, assigned to protect engineering from assailants that never came. This was her first true chance to show her worth as a guardian of life; she would not let down those who needed her, or the master who so believed in her.

"No quarter." She repeated, the familiar determination crossing her face.

Following his lead, they continued through the maze. Footsteps resounded off the walls of metal. The atmosphere was oppressive as the souls of many continued to cry out. As they descended, the hair on the back of Xashe's neck stood. She stopped, looking to her master once more.

"Around the corner," She whispered, drawing her lightsaber.

"No quarter."

The emerald blade came to life as Xashe moved towards the presence.

botmga4.png

K N I G H T
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
CAT AND MOUSE
JEDI_GANG | Xashe Tistya Xashe Tistya
OPEN TO OPPOSITION

wsL0bBY.png
The atmosphere in the air was foul, and so was the presence of the Force. The abhorrent nature of these zealots were to thank for with the darkness that lingered heavily. It wasn't as strong as Korriban, recalling the time when he and others fought on the ancient birthplace of the Sith in their ambitious campaign across the Stygian Caldera; however, the presence was obviously there. A cult different from the Sith, but equally as dangerous to that ancient enemy.

While determined in the mission, the familiar rage carried within him was teased at by the nature of the Force surrounding him. It was obvious his behavior he'd carry some semblance of rage within him, always testing his capabilities to see how far he'd go.

Many warriors preached that anger and rage was a useful tool, but if abused it would lead one to an unfortunate path.

Within the dungeon's maze, their footsteps echoed against the walls and so did another sound. The sound of desperation and pain.

"I can hear noises of anguish, it's probably the prisoners."

His hand carried his lightsaber, an emerald blade produced from the hilt. His and Xashe's glowed and shined against the darkness in the dungeon, the only other source of light were torches. The complex seemed archaic in design with a tone of modern with some security features installed.

"We will focus on freeing the prisoners that will give us an advantage to confuse their ranks. Let's hurry now."

"And so you allow your past to define who you are. In an attempt to escape oppression through violent means, you have become the oppressor. Continuing the cycle." Came his even reply. Now rising to his feet at the arrival of Darth Solipsis. The leader of this Brotherhood of Lunatics. And Aaran's true target. The head of the snake that needed to be severed. Either capturing or eliminating him would be enough to reduce the band of raiders back to a simple band of pirates plucking away at Wild Space.

His attention switched back to Maestus as she spoke, hand idly resting on the raising next to him as he listened to her oration. Head tilting to the side. Lips pursing slightly at her questioning if he believed that everyone was capable of Redemption. Which in of itself was a tricky concept considering how subjective morality is. "I think." He began, blind gaze looking out over the abyss. "That everyone is capable of infinite change. And it takes far more strength to rise above one's pain than it takes to embrace it."

He turned back to her, allowing her into his mind. Guarded as it was to avoid any form of intrusion aside from the simple vision she wanted to show him.

And what he saw broke his heart. But not for the reasons she might have assumed. As she retreated from his mind. She would feel him establishing a link of empathy back to her. Opening up his emotions to her. She could feel it, the sense of melancholy, of sympathy, of compassion flowing from him. He wished that her life never took such a turn where she believed that killing her own defenceless parents would bring her some measure of closure, of completion. That it would somehow help her in her quest to survive.

When all it did truly was sever two people from her life who would have unconditionally loved her had she allowed them to.

"I'm sorry you went through all that Via." He said, his voice soft. Using her true name that she unintentionally gave him. "But I'm afraid you misunderstand a few things." He explained. "I dont really care much for what religion people have, what race they are. What matters is their actions, how they choose to live their lives."

"Strength is something you can achieve without harming others. You can survive without making someone else lose out."
He said, hand leaving the railing as he took a step closer to the pair. "It all just comes down to how you go about doing it."

"And for what its worth. I have not slept well in quite some time."
He said, refuting her claim that he saw himself as some kind of moral authority. He had doubts, he had flaws. He was ultimately human. But what mattered in the end to him was that he was still willing to fight for his ideals despite the flaws in them.

The universe was not perfect. Neither was he. That did not mean he should simply give up.

And so when the lightning struck at him. He was ready. Hand reaching out, aimed to intercept the energy just like before. And while he was prepared, it seemed that Maestus had really put her all into this volley of power. Errant bolts lapped at his arms, scorching his robes, zapping at his skin, causing minor convulsions of his muscles, forcing him back several feet.

But he still stood firm. And in his blistered and burned palm lay a spear of condensed power. The vast majority of the lightning Maestus had thrown at him, ready and primed to be returned.

With a grunt of effort, he launched the bolt like a spear. But it was not aimed at the Apprentice.

He was serious about his intent to cut off the head of the snake. And he would do so by dealing with the Master. Perhaps then he'd have a much better chance at saving the apprentice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom