Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Republic In Pieces (Open)

The droid looked down at the hand before taking it for a quick shake. "I'm SN-1411, or just SN" He replied before letting go. After that he looked back at the Sith and spoke. "Maybe it's a two seater? If not, and you really don't have a ship, you can take a ride in mine. Although it'll take a while to get the life support well off, I never use it as a droid since it'll waste energy. Also there's no food, so any trip would need to be short." Then the SN looked down and thought to himself. "Hmm, maybe I should look into that if I get my ship outfitted with jail cells for bounties." The droid thought aloud.

[member="Darth SiRiDio"][member="Mereel Vaun"]

Mereel had been thinking about how to help the Sith with his ship even before they had walked outside of the temple. He only saw a few options that didn't involve the Sith taking the fighter.

He lead the group around a large thicket and into the clearing where he had landed. His ARC-170 was now directly in front of the group.

"A lot of starships have something called a 'subspace transceiver', my ship included. We can use it to contact vessels in nearby systems. If the ship you came in on has a subspace transceiver, we might be able to contact them assuming they haven't gone too far."

"Option two. My fighter's a three seater. I can fly you to whatever planet you want to go to in the galaxy as long as it's not Glacies Domum or in Mandalorian Empire space. Fierfek at this point I'll even fly you to a spaceport on the planet your delivering my contract to if you want. As long as it's not in either of those places I just mentioned."

Mereel took a quick breath, "Option three is we manually activate my ship's distress beacon and we wait for some spacer to stumble upon it. Pretty boring if you ask me, but you'd be amazed at what spacers are capable of finding."

[member="Darth SiRiDio"] [member="SN-1411"]

He looks back at the droid " I just need to be dropped off at the nearest fuel port " as a claw bird flies at the sith but before it could attack him Force lightninged it causing it to die and land in the woods somewhere.

" Ill take option 2 once im at the nearest fuel point ill contact my ship to come get me "

[member="Mereel Vaun"]
[member="SN-1411"]

Mereel stopped to stare at where the dead bird had landed for a moment. After seeing the Zabrak using the force to shoot lightning out of his hands, he was glad the Sith was being so cooperative.

Mereel looked back to the droid as he climbed into the pilot seat, "I believe this is where we part ways SN. If you ever find yourself in the Unknown Regions needing an extra rifle, post a contract for me on the holonet. Unless you're wanting me to blow up a planet, I won't actually charge you for it. Ret'urcye mhi."

Mereel popped the copilot cockpit and waved for the Zabrak to jump in as he powered the ARC 170 up for take off.

[member="SN-1411"] [member="Darth SiRiDio"]

"Alright, buckle up or hold on to something sturdy. We're in luck, there's a fueling station on this planet close by."

Mereel lowered the pilot and copilot cockpit hatches as the ARC-170 slowly rose ten meters from the planet's surface.

"Setting course for Peroon city."

He remembered that he had told the Chiss woman he would follow them if they left. Now he wouldn't be able to do so.

He'd find another way to locate the remnant later.

After putting in the coordinates to Peroon, he took the fighter higher into the planet's atmosphere and retracted the S-foils.

"We'll be there any moment now. Just sit back and enjoy the view."

Mereel set the ship to autopilot and cut his helmet's external audio transmitter. He whistled a tune to himself as he reflected on what had just happened at the Temple. It had been a weird day.

As the ARC-170 soared into the spaceport's airspace, Mereel followed the instructions given by the traffic control tower.

After landing the fighter he hit a button to open the pilot and copilot cockpit. "I'll give you the same offer as the droid. If you're doing anything in the Unknown Regions that wouldn't get a normal civilian thrown into a prison, feel free to summon via holonet.

Jedi and Sith were mortal enemies, but Mereel didn't consider himself much of a Jedi, and out in the Unknown Regions any ally was a good ally.

"Ret'urcye mhi, Sith."

[member="Darth SiRiDio"]

SN simply nodded back to the Mandalorian after he spoke. Then watched as the two of them got in and headed out. Giving them a wave they took off until they were out of view from the forest. Then the droid felt a little uneasy now that he was alone in the forest where who knows what could get him. Then SN would turn back and walk back from where they'd come. The droid thought of his options, he could head back to the temple to learn more about what they were doing their. Or he could sell his information to the highest bidder. Both of these were options he thought about while he headed back.

Mereel opened a holopad file in his HUD and stored the Sith's channel code away for safe keeping.

After the Sith was clear of the Starfighter, he hit the button to close the two open cockpit hatches.

As the pilot hatch was about to finish closing, he couldn't resist spewing out a line he had always personally detested in the past, "May the force be with you."

The hatch shut and the ARC-170 lifted off. The ship wasn't going back to the Temple yet though. Mereel wanted to flag down a very important captain in the Unknown Regions before he proceeded with his investigation.

[member="Darth SiRiDio"]

It's starting to seem like this is going nowhere. Someone save us because all of our characters are running out of things to do.

Aeron continued with his search for the hidden republic soldiers. "If I were a republic soldier hiding away, where would I hide?", Aeron asked himself.

Aeron went through and searched every living space on the floor. They all looked like they've been occupied recently, so that brought up the question, "If they aren't here now, where are they?" to which Aeron theorized that they might've been on some sort of mission, or they've all gathered together to have some kind of meeting.

With Aeron trip circling around the temple he couldn't help but notice the library had a lot less people in it. No sith, mandalorian, or droid. None of those armored troops either.

A simple walk through the library made it clear nothing of importance was here, just as Aeron thought from the beginning, just books. Until Aeron slid a book out of the bookshelf and heard a very quiet grinding noise. Almost as though something akin to a hidden bookshelf has moved.

Aeron placed the book back, and he could hear the noise again. He took the book out and the noise appeared again. Correlation is equal to causation. Aeron slipped the book out once more and used his hearing to track the bookshelf making the noise. Behind the hidden bookshelf was a narrow staircase leading downward into the temple lightly illuminated by torches. It looked hand made and amateurish. Aeron's brain told him there could be treasures to be found. His gut sensed danger, but Aeron was a man of intelligence, not cowardice.

"Welp, onward to adventure!", Aeron's last words before descending into the temple's hidden basement. Leaving the entrance wide open to anyone who comes back to the library.

Was originally going to do an offshoot thread about tracking them down after they left, but something I needed for that hasn't gone through yet, so yeah.
OOC

Mereel second guessed himself. Assuming nothing terrible had happened, the Iviin'yc would currently be flying a cargo route in the Unknown Regions.

In the time it would take for Mereel to reach his ship and convince Captain Tucker to halt his duties to help in the investigation, the remnant's trail would likely have gone cold. He flew the ARC-170 back at full speed toward the temple.

Once he had almost reached the temple, he fired off the ship's forward thrusters and brought the fighter to an abrupt halt above a flat landing directly outside the main entrance.

He hastily landed the fighter and closed the cockpit. He started for the library in a sprint.

@Aeron Tosh [member="Iturizu Yuvie"] @AnyoneElseStillLurkingAbout

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom