Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Republic In Pieces (Open)

Mereel looked at the armored figure who was talking to him. Speaker's voice sounded feminine, and the speaker's shoulders were less bulky than the other armored figures.

He noticed that two of the soldiers were looking down the passage opposite the direction he had been running from, either this lot knew what they were doing or they were expecting trouble ahead. Possibly both.

Mereel's armor was heavy, and as a result he was still sucking down air when he started talking, "That's.. that's a lot of questions.. hold on one second Miss..or is it Missus? Don't want to make a bad first impression by misguessing.."

Mereel slowed his breathing and emptied his thoughts for a total of three seconds. It was something so simple but for some reason the Jedi who occupied the Temple before the Republic fell were adamant that it was a meditation technique.

The urgency of the situation rushed back into his mind as he heard the sound of an explosion come from outside the Temple. For a second he panicked, thinking that a Sith ship was bombing the temple, but their were no follow up explosions indicating orbital bombardment or even a bombing run. Maybe he was having Keldabe flashbacks again..

He decided to focus on the here and now and carefully considered the woman's response about the stick-weapons and the group's armor.

Mereel had fought alongside a couple of Sith almost a decade ago, and against other Sith much more recently. He knew a hallway confrontation would be brutal.

"Thank the force, I'd bet on well trained fighters over novices decked out in beskar any day. I recommend getting your people out of this hallway though. Blasters against sabers in a tight corridor, not pretty. If we run into him down here, let me take the lead, it'll buy you time to get out of dodge if nothing else."

Mereel decided it would be safer to tell the group his alias at the moment, although they hadn't shot him, he wasn't sure he could trust them yet. The alias was something a smuggler friend had suggested to him a while back. It was incredibly stupid, but it hadn't failed him yet for some reason. "My name is Meraal Vaun. As far as why a Sith is here, your guess is as good as mine."

Mereel genuinely did not know why a Sith was on this planet. He hadn't sensed the Sith immediately when he opened his senses out to the force though. He hoped that that was a sign that the Sith wasn't powerful in the darkside. Mereel's force abilities were almost completely undeveloped, and he was surprised that he had been able to sense the Sith in the force at all.

Mereel sighed, "I'm not exactly sure where the Sith currently is. The last time I saw him though, I think he was moving toward the Temple's main entrance. We might have five, ten minutes tops."

"Since you already got three in, I think it's my turn for a question or two. Who are your two buddies there looking for down the hall?" Mereel asked, pointing down the passageway opposite of the way he entered.

"Secondly, did you just hear an explosion coming from outside?"

Next to: [member="Ever Dawnracer"]
Nearby: @YouAlreadyKnowWhoYouAre

Jesse was reaching out with the force as she stood ont he planet... not entirely sure what it was that she was feeling as she walked. Tall and confident letting her hair bounce in a ponytail. She had her equipment at the ready for anything but stayed where she was looking to join up or find some fo the others who were here on the planet. She touched the golden metal bands with the crystals in the metal. She could fel the force flowing from there as she shifted the palm and set one fo the crystal to rest with the warm metal. Her fingers dancing to manipulate them itno place along the tops of her knuckles without thought or looking down. She even had her small blade of sorrow for handling most armored beings.

With his arm extended out, SN-1411 held the man up by the shirt. Looking as the man squirmed and grunted. He was held for a good while before the droid dropped him back into his chair. After that SN began to talk. "Listen, I'm working for some pretty dangerous people, and you've lucked out quite a bit since they sent me. Instead of someone much worse." He said, trying to intimidate the man. He leaned back in the chair, he was bruised quite a bit from SN and his droids. The man let out a long sigh into the room's stale air.

"Ugh, I bet it was the Hutts that sent you huh?" The man replied.

"You tell me, but didn't Jaba die?" SN questioned back.

"Okay, listen up droid, who you're looking for already fled west, to the outer systems. I can't remember which, honestly. But it was one of the more important one. He wasn't gonna hide out on some planet with a population of 5." The man looked exhausted, fortunately he wasn't that badly hurt since SN didn't need to move mountains to get his confession.

"Good, by the way I'm not actually looking for him. I'm getting paid to gather information. I'd chance them down myself, but I already have my hands full." Then SN looked to his droids and motioned them to head back out. "Oh, and one more thing. You wouldn't happen to know the whereabouts of any Jedis or Siths would you? Just asking."

Aeron Tosh sat quietly as he heard conversation between what sounded like three different people. Mid way through the conversation he hears a huge explosion go off outside. Ecstatic, he realizes this was his opportunity to avoid that dreadful confrontation he was expecting. In a flash he packed up his holograms and put away his blaster.

Aeron knew his pursuers had to choose between following him, a lowly cyborg scavenger, or investigate something that sounded akin to a ship crashing. So Aeron sat in the dark, waiting to hear the footsteps of his assailants scurry out the temple entrance so he could sneak out.

Waiting for the women next to him to speak he jumps back into the trees disappearing he quickly continues to the temple on the way he calls someone who is wearing all black and cant be seen again " There are Jedi here along with the target " the mystery person speaks with a voice changer " Kill them if they get in the way Jedi are not my main target so they are not your's got that " the sith ends the hologram call as he arrives at the entrance of the temple he leans to his right and looks inside he takes out a lighter lights it and throws it into the temple watching it bounce 3 times before going out.

He then starts walking in slowly he can sense people in the temple he takes the left path walking with his left hand on his side he continues in the temple until he sees some movement he throws 2 glow sticks down the hall that were yellow.

Near: [member="Mereel Vaun"]
[member="Ever Dawnracer"]

Deep in the depths of the Nar Shaddaa underworld dwelt a Jedi Knight of the former Republic. Exiled by the petty Jedi of that time for trivial matters of opinion. He arose in infamy for his mysterious and vague nature. He had surrendered himself utterly to the Force and of those to survive the fall of the Republic, none remember his name. He is simply known as The Dark Man.

​A ripple in the Force, subtle but there. The Dark Man reached out with the Force and tugged at the matrices of power and influence. Fingers intertwining with the energy that ebbed and flowed with the galaxy. He wove the forces with the precision of a seasoned tailor and when he found the thread he so desperately sought he paused for a moment, and then dove. Headlong into that power which ran through the blood of all living beings, that bound stars and the very fabric of reality. His eyes pierced the veil and saw a vision of a place that was neither before or ahead but now.

A planet not far from Nar Shaddaa. The world was covered in jungles and a glimmer of light shone but a darkness swept over the planet. They were converging on a castle, temple or ruin. The image was becoming unclear and soon it was just a faded smudge that his eyes could no longer ascertain. He peeled himself away from his meditation and resurfaced. His eyes fluttered open and he sat cross-legged in a derelict Jedi Enclave. The windows had been broken in and since bordered up, glass littering the floors. Dust as thick as a blanket hung over every piece of decaying furniture.

This has been his home for as long as he remembered. Once a thriving refuge for the Jedi in the heart of one of the galaxies most corrupt ecumenopolis' and deadliest streets. Walking the halls reminded him of times long gone by. When the Galactic Republic was at its height, he was among the noble order of Jedi Knights tasked with keeping peace and balance in a galaxy full of chaos. Younglings and Padawans had roamed the halls while grizzled veterans of Jedi Watchmen taught them how to fend for themselves outside the walls that had kept them safe for so long. That was before Coruscant fell, before the One Sith.

He was exiled for speaking out against the Council and Grandmaster, he had called them too young and vain to fully hold the responsibilities of their positions. They had called him a foolish old man and banished him. It had only proven how true his words had been. By the time he arrived back on Nar Shaddaa the Enclave had been ransacked by the allies of the One Sith, the notorious syndicate known as the Red Ravens. The children had escaped but the Jedi Watchmen had died defending the enclave to the last man.

The Dark Man made it his responsibility to continue the legacy of the Jedi Watchmen of Nar Shaddaa, patrolling the streets long after the fall of the Republic. His life did not belong to any one council or grandmaster but to the Force, and he would serve it unto death. Now it called upon him to leave the sanctity of his home and travel to this strange planet. Teth. So he fled down the corridors of the enclave, the lightsaber of his master in hand, and took flight from Nar Shaddaa and left to search for answers, to follow his instinct and find what task the Force had set him upon.

With a flash, the small A Wing pulled from hyper space, the planet Teth in the distance. "Sir, our destination." Announced T9, a reprogrammed BX series commander droid from the days of the Clone Wars. Solum reset the droid completely, even changing it's high pitched annoying voice, with a more deeper and threatening voice. "Sir, our destination." The droid repeatedly. Solum sat, feet kicked up and head tilted, in the pilot's seat snoozing away. "Sir!" T9 repeated, this time hitting him upside the head.

(OOC: Didn't mean to post. Sorry aha.)

'Hey! What's your deal, Tee?" Solum groans, rubbing his head. "Did that hurt?", T9 asked sarcastically. "We're here. Teth." Solum sat up excitedly. "He has to be here. The sith has to be here. Then we'll finally be able to get those new blasters! Awww, they'pre perfect." He exclaims, nudging his robot companon. They looked for a good landing area, one where the A wing can be well hidden. Finding a small clearing in a small forest area, they landed carefully and collected the items they'd need for this; blasters, grenades, flash grenades, sonic screamers, etc. "Let's go, Tee."

Priscilla's eyes curiously stared at the amount of activity from the entrance of the library to the rest of the temple. Seeing some scavenger run past that barely caught her attention an then disappear into the shadows, she looked onwards towards the entrance, peering her head slightly from the corner and retracting it whenever there was a sign that somebody was going to spot her. She couldn't help but feel a tensing in her head as she saw the amount of individuals standing, including a Mandalorian of all people on Teth of all places.

Rather than concern the group anymore with a new figure suddenly appearing and giving away the Remnant's base, she listened patiently, slowing her breathing to allow the echo's of their voices permeate into the open entrance to that of the library. More concerningly, she saw troopers of some kind moving towards her current position, obviously looking for the scavanger who had just ran past her. In the most convincing manner that she could, she retreated inside and picked up several books, scattering them around the opening and then threw one into the corridor, making a loud slamming noise as the pages fluttered into the corridor. At the same time, she made some audible grunting noises.

"H-e-help..."

This is so stupid. She said into herself.

Nearby: [member="Mereel Vaun"] I [member="Ever Dawnracer"] I @ Aeron Tosh

Ever Dawnracer

E
"Yes, I heard it," she said, looking back towards the buildings entrance. "Running directly toward it would be asking for trouble, though."

Somewhere out there was a Sith. Though she knew her rangers were well trained, having been trained by ex-soldiers, she didn't know how they would fair against such a foe. Their blaster staves were basically modified Force Pike's, but she hadn't paid enough for the lightsaber proof materials. That was something she would definitely do in the future, though. If the Sith had come to Try then they were much too close to home for comfort.

She was about to say they should split up and find larger rooms when a sound behind them drew her attention. Something had fallen and she heard someone call for help. Jabir and the others paised, but Ever moved towards them and squeezed their shoulders to signal them to move in swiftly. The Four of them darted into the library where they found books scattered all over and a blue-skinned woman that she got a strange, but not bad feeling about.

"Not a he, so not the Sith in question," she said, though she held her stave warily.

A quick survey of the room showed it was good size. A good place to trap a Sith. She gave a low whistle and the others moved past the Mandalorian to enter the room. She motioned to the tops of bookshelves and her people started climbing while she looked at the woman.

"There's a Sith coming. I'm assuming the scavenger ran through and startled you, but as I don't see him you should be fine, whomever you are. If you don't want to get hurt I suggest you hide."

She remained in the center of the room while the others positioned themselves. Being bait wasn't that bad. Besides, she wasn't afraid. Ridding the Galaxy of Sith was one of the reasons she was looking for leads on the Republic forces.

| [member="Shoma Ike"] | [member="Iturizu Yuvie"] | [member="Priscilla Utorna"] | [member="Mereel Vaun"] | [member="Solum Jeden"] | [member="The Dark Man"] | [member="Darth SiRiDio"] | [member="SN-1411"] | [member="Jesse Organa"] |​

Mereel heard the call for help and followed after the group. He entered the library with his rifle shouldered but lowered.

He heard the woman he was talking to earlier say that the blue skinned woman in the room wasn't the Sith because she wasn't a man. Mereel wanted to tell her that he hadn't actually seen the Sith, and that he'd just felt a Sith' s presence in the force. The truth was the Sith could have been a man or an asexual plantoid, Mereel didn't know.

The group seemed like decent folk, but he still didn't want them to know that he was a force sensitive. Mereel decided that there wasn't a better option than keeping that information to himself.

But there was a better option than what the armored woman he had met in the hall was doing. He lowered his voice so that only the two women now standing in the middle of the library could hear him. "I'm sorry, but shouldn't you be getting some distance too? If you think you need bait I'll be it, but on one condition. I want to try talking to the Sith when he gets here, so no blasting him to ribbons as soon as he walks in." Mereel said to the woman who was definitely the squad leader.

Mereel then looked to the woman with blue skin. It had been a while since he had seen a Chiss, but they had been a large enough of a minority for him to have seen them often on Glacies Domum - the planet where he was mostly raised. "I'm guessing you're the one who called for help. We're a little preoccupied at the moment, but you can take this."

Mereel handed the Chiss his flask of tihaar that he always had on his belt. "Please, don't lose it."

Next to: [member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"]
Immediate Vicinity: @Aeron Tosh [member="Darth SiRiDio"]

Aeron heard the sound of books falling immediately after the explosion, then some conversation about a sith he didn't care about. "Why would a sith be on Teth of all places?" He wondered to himself, but the thought quickly faded from his mind as soon as he heard the unknown voices trail off into the direction of the library. "This is my chance!" he thought to himself.

Aeron walked out of the corridor he previously saw himself trapped in.

Aeron decided he wanted to go check out the explosion outside. If it was a ship like he was expecting he knew he could scavenge useful, functional parts from the wreckage and sell them for a quick buck, or even find parts to reverse engineer into new cybernetics. While Aeron was making his way back to the temple entrance with thoughts racing through his head and paranoia clouding his mind he encountered something much worse then the previous soldiers chasing him.

He encountered a Sith, who he regrettably made eye contact with. Frightened beyond belief he became paralyzed with fear. He expected the sith to do something.

Keeping up the Ruse she looked in panic as [member="Ever Dawnracer"] associates filed into the room, coughing and visibly looking like she was attempting to catch her breath. She leaned over on her own stomach and looked up to the woman's face, her own looking blank despite supposedly being attacked. Even her voice sounded like she was uninterested with forced stutters and her montonous droning voice rang throughout the room.

"A Jedi or Sith just a-a-attacked me, they karking must have been cloaked and got the jump on me."

Priscilla's face tensed slightly as she saw the guards beginning to cover the tops of the bookshelves, while not remembering exactly where it was she knew for a fact there was a button which would uncover the underground hideout. She looked towards the mandalorian who had just entered, thinking of some excuse to get them to stop searching. She declined the offer of the beverage, instead focusing on getting those guards as far away from the tops of the shelves as possible.

"She/He aren't in here anymore. Trust me, if they were I would have broke their neck. Maybe try outside?"

Hearing the fast paced walking, her head snapped around and spotted the scavanger.

"There they are!" Knowing all to well that it wasn't actually a Sith, simply trying to get them out of the room, enough time for her to formulate a new plan that didn't involve rendering herself helpless to the explorers.

Nearby: [member="Mereel Vaun"] I [member="Ever Dawnracer"] I @ Aeron Tosh

In SN's star ship he was on a course for Teth, the planet the man told him about. "A jedi temple, that was reeaal helpful" He said to himself sarcastically.

"Captain sir, we're approaching the planet and will be their soon. Shall we prepare a part to go with you?" one of the droids in the bridge asked.

"No need, I'm going alone this time, I'll just make some copies of my hardware unless something bad happens."

"Yes sir" As they came into the atmosphere they found a landing pad for the ship, placing it on a medium sized pad. Soon after SN would emerge from it alone. The back of his long coat fluttering behind him. Setting his commanders hat on, and making sure the holster for his pulse pistol was ready. The medals and ribbons on his coat gleamed in the light. Now, he had to find out where the jedi temple was, and if there were any jedi in it.

In SN's star ship he was on a course for Teth, the planet the man told him about. "A jedi temple, that was reeaal helpful" He said to himself sarcastically.

"Captain sir, we're approaching the planet and will be their soon. Shall we prepare a part to go with you?" one of the droids in the bridge asked.

"No need, I'm going alone this time, I'll just make some copies of my hardware unless something bad happens."

"Yes sir" As they came into the atmosphere they found a landing pad for the ship, placing it on a medium sized pad. Soon after SN would emerge from it alone. The back of his long coat fluttering behind him. Setting his commanders hat on, and making sure the holster for his pulse pistol was ready. The medals and ribbons on his coat gleamed in the light. Now, he had to find out where the jedi temple was, and if there were any jedi in it.

tenor.gif

As Ronin floated down to the surface, he took advantage of his height to examine the area where his ejected seat was soon going to land. He could see two ships from his position. "Seriously... are you kidding me. *sigh* Why is.. ugh pff" Ronin paused. He was actually pretty irritated. "If there are people in this building who were like 'I heard some massive explosions and a large rock spire collapsing, but i'sall good,' and then didn't come out to check on anything, I'm going to beat them to death with my hydrospanner." That was about the only thing he had on him right now. He had been maneuvering his ejected seat so that it would land by the monastery's entrance, and that was where it did land. Ronin got up from his seat and stretched. Despite almost dying, he looked the same as he always did. Brown hair, green eyes, he wore a light jacket that his mother had given him last year. On his belt, he had a blaster holster on his right side, which was uncharacteristically empty. On his left , he had his hydrospanner clipped to his belt. Ronin was not very tall at all, measuring in at 5' 6", a bit under 1.7 meters. His short stature, combined with his young age of 21 and his lack of facial hair often led people to mistake him for a child, something that really ticked him off.

Ronin took his hydrospanner from his belt, using the miniature fusion cutter setting to cut the parachute off of his seat. He might need it again. There was nothing else of use that he could scavenge, so he kicked the seat away from him. "Fortune favors the bold, they said."

Ronin looked around, considering what his next course of action should be. Should he head into the monastery, or back towards one of the ships and see if he could steal a blaster?

Interacting with: None yet
[member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] @Aeron Tosh [member="Darth SiRiDio"] [member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Shoma Ike"] [member="Iturizu Yuvie"] [member="Jesse Organa"] [member="SN-1411"]

Seeing a green man stare at him with his eyes wide open with the over stench of fear coming from him the sith just continues as he does not want innocent blood he continues deeper into the temple until he reaches the library entrance he stands at the entrance looking inside sensing all the force sensitives inside he can tell something isn't right but he can also sense his target in there he then reaches into his pocket and pulls out the hologram projector again and takes a few more steps into the library seeing the man in Mandalorian armor " You " pointing at the man.

Nearby: [member="Ever Dawnracer"]
@Aeron Tosh
[member="Mereel Vaun"]
[member="Priscilla Utorna"]

Mereel was dumbfounded. What kind of a person didn't want free alcohol? Come to think of it, he had never seen a Chiss this far from the Unknown Regions before either. Maybe there was something wrong with the woman.

He was about to ask the Chiss if she thought the drink was poisoned when a tall cloaked figure barged into the room.

The figure pointed at Mereel, saying only "You".

The man was cloaked in black and vague, it had to be a Sith.

Mereel was once again dumbfounded, but this time it was because he wasn't sure why a Sith would be looking for him. He had a checkered past for sure, but it had never attracted this level of attention before. "Can I help you with something?"

Mereel kept his blaster lowered but at the ready. The safety was still off.

In the library with: [member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Darth SiRiDio"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom