Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Republic In Pieces (Open)

As the armored group and the Chiss were walking out to the hallway, Mereel was spinning on his heel to face a new threat. He retracted both of his wrist blades and sized up the man who had just spoken a greeting in Mando'a.

If the man was Mandalorian, he was missing the armor. He also said that he meant no harm and had purposefully raised and holstered his blaster, which was enough to convince Mereel to put away his wrist blades. "I'm guessing your not with the Mandalorian Empire.. sorry if I scared you there."

As Mereel was apologizing for drawing his blades on the man a droid outside in the hall entered Mereel's vision.

Before Mereel could ask the man about how he knew how to speak Mando'a, the droid asked a quaint question that he couldn't ignore. "No. We didn't intentionally meet the Sith here if that's what you're asking. I'm here looking for a group in hiding. He - the Sith - was here looking for me, apparently."

@D'vok Windroamer [member="SN-1411"]

Aeron Tosh spend a few minutes just scavenging the upper floors of the ruined jedi temple. He found a vibrosword that he adored and some old robes that he wasn't really interesting it. Aeron most interesting find was a lone datapad, unfortunately for him it was encrypted but he knew he just needed a little time so he crack it open, like he's done many times before in the past.

While Aeron sat on the floor with his legs crossed concentrating on breaking the datapad open he heard very vague, faint voices of people talking. One sounded robotic. Almost like a droid. Aeron couldn't help but chuckle at the absolute madness that's been today.

After Aeron was finally able to break through the datapad's encryption he discovered it contained information on meditation techniques and lightsaber forms I-IV for the jedi to study. Despite knowing he'd never need to make use of something like this he thought he'd keep it, as he does everything else that comes across his path.

Aeron left the jedi training room and back into the hall containing several rooms. Aeron wandered around until he found the living quarters of one of the previous jedi, but there was a problem.

This place was clean and fresh. Almost as though someone's been living here recently.

Ever Dawnracer

E
Ever shook her head at the woman.

"I don't know what he wants. Before he ran in on us and told us there was a Sith around, I didn't even know he was here. I just knew there was a salvager running around."

Turning her gaze, she eyed the droid approaching them. It was a very old model. Imperial style too. She didn't trust it immediately. Those old model droids were outmoded, not really used by any of the current empires, but they did use them to some extent. This was especially true in the outlying systems where you didn't want to spend all of your best resources to monitor things. Undoubtedly this droid was untrustworthy at the very best. No, she wasn't going to give it proper answers, of that she was certain. She frowned at it, instead and shook her head in response. No, they were not there with the Sith that he had apparently seen leaving. That was all that he needed to know for the moment.

"This place is getting crowded."

| [member="SN-1411"] | [member="Priscilla Utorna"] | [member="Iturizu Yuvie"] | [member="Mereel Vaun"] | @D'vok Windroamer |​

SN then looked over at the Chiss women, something seemed a bit familiar about her. Then he glanced at the Human women, who he figured to not like their presence. "People are hiding here huh?" The droid questioned, people hide because something's after them. Perhaps it could be resistance group or a band of criminals. Nonetheless, maybe there was something more to be gained out of here. Then the Droid looked down at the individual beside him, who also questioned what was going on. After that he looked at the group of three, or he at least figured they were a group. "If you don't mind me asking, who's hiding, and why?"
[member="Ever Dawnracer"]
[member="Mereel Vaun"]
[member="Priscilla Utorna"]

The sith enters the library once again seeing many people and a droid in the area he sat back for a moment sizing everyone up to make sure no one would try and harm him he then stepped in further " I seem to have lost my ship ".

As he lowers his cloak from his head allowing them to see his face once again.

[member="Ever Dawnracer"]
[member="Mereel Vaun"]
[member="Priscilla Utorna"]
[member="SN-1411"]

Aeron Tosh was shocked to learn that there was the possibility of some lowly bum using the temple as a house. For him it meant he wasn't just scavenging a deserted temple, he was stealing from someone and people don't react kindly to having their stuff stolen no one knows this better than Aeron.

Of course, he wasn't planning on returning anything he's taken since than, he was just hoping he wouldn't have to deal with anybody trying to get their stuff back.

Aeron took a look into the closet, and the kind of clothes you'd see old republic soldiers wearing. Old, white, battle-scarred armor stared back at him, but all he do is question the logic

"Why would anyone still be holding on too armor like this? Don't they know the republic has been all but defeated.... Well... Except f-", then it hit him. This wasn't just a random bum leeching off of the world.... This was one of those secret bases remnants of the Republic hide away at! That's why there's all these people here! It was all starting to come together, the edgy sith, the mandalorian, both probably looking for a jedi or republic soldier to slay. Possibly for some bounty of some kind.

Aeron's long life on the street taught him one thing: Information equals money. If he found their little hideout before any of the others in the library could he could maybe persuade them into forking over some dough in exchange for their location!

With golden credits sparkling in his eyes, Aeron hastily left the room and ventured forth to find where the republic soldiers were at.

Iturizu Yuvie

Be carfule what you wish for
Yuvie had kept her distance from the group, sticking to the shadow of the temple as they conversed, trying to learn about their intentions and goals. He initial hesitation to reveal herself came mainly from the Mando, more so since she felt that they where force sensitive which posed a problem, but soon her worries where cleared up with the mention of not being apart of the Manalorian Empire Combined with talks about searching for the republic and the Chiss woman's eagerness to help Yuvie was convinced that they where not a threat to her, though maybe a little confused.

"You say you seek the republic, a government that has long fallen, destroyed by the once mighty On Sith empire a few decades ago, those that remained joined with the Galactic Alliance, Commoner System Alliance or Free Worlds... so what are you searching for, if not old stories and history"? She had slowly started to walk towards the small group of people ignoring the Zabarak fro the time being, what type of self respecting Sith would lose their ship.

[member="Darth SiRiDio"] l [member="SN-1411"] l [member="Ever Dawnracer"] l [member="Mereel Vaun"]

Mereel felt like the last few moments had gotten him nowhere closer to finding the underground group he was looking for. The temple was already feeling claustrophobic when the Sith walked back into the library. For a second he thought it was odd that he didn't sense the Sith coming back, but then he remembered that after he had shut down the map shown to him by the force, he hadn't sensed anything besides what his natural intuition and experience told him.

Mereel was going to use the Zabrak's sudden and unexpected re-entry as a way to retreat from the Temple and think on the situation before continuing his search for the Republic Remnant.

His plans to do so were interrupted by a Mirialan who had just appeared from somewhere within the library.

"Osik." Mereel said, drawing his rifle on instinct. He decided to keep his rifle out, but he shouldered it with the barrel pointing to the ground.

"How the kark did you do that? Actually wait, tell me later."

Mereel looked back to the Zabrak despite the newcomer's mention of the Republic, "Come with me Sith, I can't fly you to your contractor, but we can get a message out with my ship's subspace tranceiver."

He started to walk out of the library and gestured for the Zabrak to follow him.

In the end, he figured that the additional person in the library probably wouldn't change anything. The Republic Remnant hadn't budged and a carnival was currently taking place in the library on top of their coordinates. The remnant cell had waited, Mereel decided if he took a hike and came back, they would probably still be waiting when he would resume looking for them.

[member="Iturizu Yuvie"] [member="Darth SiRiDio"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="SN-1411"] @Aeron Tosh @D'vok Windroamer @TheRest​

"How funny. A droid not knowing an answer to question. Perhaps refer to your instruction manual?" The Chiss obviously showing some deep rooted hatred for mechanical beings. (@SN-1411) Turning to the rest of the individuals who had suddenly appeared around Ever and Priscilla, she spoke clear and loud. "And since we can't seem to get a word in edge ways -- do not follow us." Walking down the corridor slightly more.

Priscilla roughly grabbed [member="Ever Dawnracer"]'s shoulder, pulling her in close and speaking so only she could audibly understand what she was saying. "While I usually make a whole-hearted attempt to restrain my anger these people must be joking, I really do not have an issue with assaulting these people if it means shutting them up. The most powerful of them looks to be a wannabe bounty hunter who has just managed to lose an entire ship. We're getting nowhere with these people. I'd honestly suggest just abandoning the search here, I'll send you some coordinates where you can meet someone in a more formal manner, or if you really want to meet the small cell I've been assigned to then we need to clear these people away."

Nearby: [member="Mereel Vaun"] I [member="Iturizu Yuvie"] I [member="Darth SiRiDio"]

Seeing that more and more people were coming around and complicating the situation with their own personal goals, SN-1411 figured there was more then enough here for him to leave. "You know, forget it. I'll got more out of my visit here then I really needed. So have a nice day everyone." Then he looked at the Chiss women once more. This time with a more intense glare. He clearly wasn't going to just ignore her snarky comment. As the droid began to pull his self away, SN flashed the Chiss a wink. It probably looked a little goofy coming from a droid. But he did it just cause he had a feeling she was a fellow bounty hunter like the droid. She probably didn't like that they would have something in common.

After that SN walked out of the room, not entirely sure what to do now. When getting out from the entrance the droid just went to the side and leaned up against the wall, trying to figure out his next plan of attack.

[member="Priscilla Utorna"][member="Mereel Vaun"][member="Iturizu Yuvie"][member="Darth SiRiDio"][member="Ever Dawnracer"]

Ever Dawnracer

E
Ever followed after the blue-skinned woman, leaving the others behind. Under the circumstances it seemed the best thing to do. She didn't really know anyone aside from her people so she didn't want everyone to know everything anyway. When they stopped, and the woman told her, Ever nodded and lifted her helmet to put it back on again. It was time to keep things between them once again, and she needed to get out of there soon.

"That would probably be for the best," she said as she pulled a data chip from her pocket and offered it to her. "I look forward to future meetings but I think we should part before too many people stumble onto this."

With her helmet back in place, she gave a soft whistle. It was echoed once and she lifted a hand in mild mannered salute to the Chiss before heading towards the old castles entrance. The rest of her people would meet her at her ship.

| [member="Priscilla Utorna"] | [member="Mereel Vaun"] |​

As Mereel walked out of the library with the Zabrak behind him, he turned and gave a quick glance to the Chiss woman. "If you fly away while I'm gone, I'll follow you to dar'yaim and back."

He continued his march to the temple entrance and noticed that the armored squad was already walking out ahead of him.

He reached the entrace and saw the droid from earlier leaning against a wall. He could now see that the droid was wearing clothing and had some sort of medals pinned to it.

"Hey droid, want to go on a short hike with the two of us? I'll let you explain why you're wearing clothes on the way if you'd like." He slowed his walk only long enough for the droid to get a response in.

[member="SN-1411"] [member="Darth SiRiDio"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Ever Dawnracer"]

As SN was contemplating what to do next he heard the Mandlorian speak out to him. The droid perked up and listened. "Um, yeah sure." He'd reply, tagging along with them. "So you wanna know why this droid's wearing clothes huh? Well to be honest I kinda just though having some fashion suited me. Helped me stand out a bit more. Plus, you don't see very many droids wearing clothes to. Also then I couldn't put these on it." SN said, referring to the medals and ribbons. "I got these from my time in the war, the clone war that is. Yep, I've been around for quite a bit, but I was deactivated for quite a while." Already things weren't making much sense with what the droid was saying. First of, droid wouldn't be rewarded for their war efforts. Secondly, SN-1411 was an imperial droid, which is a pretty big time difference. "And you know what? I have a feeling I was on some operations here on this very planet back in the day." It was also probably a little odd for a droid to have memory issues. But one thing was clear, SN like talking about himself. He'd go along with talking about some of his amazing feats as the long coat's bottom followed him as they walked.

[member="Mereel Vaun"]
[member="Darth SiRiDio"]

As the trio walked, Mereel realized he might have bit off a bit more than he could chew in asking the droid to come with.

He had hoped that the droid could fill in any awkward silences that were inevitable in having a Jedi and a Sith doing a group activity.

In asking the droid to come with, and saying that it could explain its clothing, Mereel had guaranteed that there would be no silences during their hike to his ship.

It was a shame really. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to ask a Sith anything.

Maybe I'll never understand the Sith.

Maybe it's enough that no one died here today.

The Republic Remnant had existed without his knowledge. They could exist another day without him finding them on Teth.

They were close to his ship now, and Mereel let out a sigh. He gave in to the droid's never ending small talk. "You said you fought in the Clone Wars earlier right? I have a feeling that you're going to love my ship. It's an old ARC-170, it's probably been rebuilt a dozen times over before my clan acquired it."

[member="Darth SiRiDio"] [member="SN-1411"]

The droid finally stopped bragging about his accomplishments during battles to listen. "OOooo, and I thought my ship was old, no offense." SN joked, "I never really faced off against one, I didn't do all that much in the separatist navy. Man, I'm glad that conflict is done, being a droid can be bad enough sometimes, but back then, woo-eee." Then a thought came to mind for the ego driven droid. "Wait, where are we going?" He hadn't even asked that yet. "I guess we're off to see you ship then right?" SN was glad to talk to someone though, the droids that help operate his ship aren't very good talkers.

[member="Darth SiRiDio"]
[member="Mereel Vaun"]

"Trust me, no offense was taken ner vod. That old ship is a piece of junk, I had to spend a good amount of time fixing her up before I could even get her off the ground during my last expidition."

Mereel saw a group of Can-cells blocking their path up ahead and fired a barrage of blasterfire up into the sky to scare them off.

He lowered his rifle but didn't sling it over his back. Something just felt right about holding a rifle while trekking through the unknown.

"Yep, we're off to see the old death-bucket now. It's such a piece of junk I haven't even named her. That reminds me though -

He held out one arm to the droid.

"I'm Mereel Vaun."

[member="SN-1411"] [member="Darth SiRiDio"]

" Great how does this ship help me again you never cleared that part up " as the sith was still walking but in the back of the group so he couldn't be backstabbed.

[member="Mereel Vaun"]
[member="SN-1411"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom