Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev A Noble Project

Development on Factory, Codex, etc. roleplay.

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Are you worried this happened because of you?"
Vera felt something about her father and was trying to figure it out. His past as a Zambrano had sparked some looks and comments from people, even here on Niv Hani. Most had welcomed him and accepted his rightful place among the Epicanthix. But some... still blamed him for everything that happened, too. What happened to Panatha and their people.

It was dumb, as far as Vera was concerned, but she knew Dad cared about the Epicanthix.

"It's not your fault, you know. Even if the people here were manipulated."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The resentment for my family has existed as long as they've been the royals of Panatha. I don't think I've any involvement in their choices. If I have, it's only for those who might've chosen to stand against this idea."

He chuckled as he glanced down towards Vera and patted the top of her head. He'd long removed himself from the guilt of just being a Zambrano. He did not get to choose who gave birth to him, but he had chosen his family.

"Let's try not to kill anyone if we can, alright? If it's true that they're being manipulated, then they are just as much a victim as our own family. It wouldn't be hard to prey on the fear of your grandfather."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

Vera's eyes drifted back to him when he patted her head, and she managed a little smile. It didn't seem to bother her Dad at all if there was lingering resentment, so she wouldn't push the subject more. Family was most important to her — something she had learned from her parents and their love and affection for the family. He had made his choice about who he loved, and if people still wanted to give him a hard time for his family by birth, well...

Screw them.

"I won't kill anybody, Master Noble," Vera said with a proud little grin. However, at the mention of her grandfather, she stopped and frowned. Her eyes seemed a lot more distant and cold all of a sudden — an expression most unbecoming of the excitable teenager.

"He's not my grandfather." She knew by blood, he technically was, but she refused to see him as such. She refused to acknowledge those ties and would never give him an inch.

"He's just an evil man with no good in his heart."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"He is not our family, but he is your grandfather. To the people here, to the Epicanthix, it is not something that can be denied or ignored." Not to their people, at least. Family was the most important thing to the Epicanthix. He stopped before the door, gently reaching out to take the handle and open it. No rush, no reason to be on edge yet. If they wanted to attack, they would be dealt with.

But there was no reason to assume they were a threat immediately.

"Don't hold it against them for thinking as much. It is our way, and after Panatha it is all a lot still have."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

"They can say or think whatever they want. But I'm not calling him that. Never." Vera's eyes burned with Noble stubbornness, but there was some pain in her gaze as well. She could still remember the day so vividly — the moment she rushed to put the triplets on a shuttle and send it on a random path across Coruscant to protect them.

Of being taken away, and forced to open that gate for him.

Vera's hands clenched into fists and trembled thinking about it, even now. It was a type of anger she had never felt before, and thinking about it only brought it back in full force.

"I won't hold it against them," Vera did manage, albeit through a clenched jaw. "But I wish they'd look at me and just see my real family." She huffed a little more and stepped inside the building with him. The first floor was very uninteresting — some people walked about and others worked at the library.

But beyond some old wooden doors, Vera had seen a staircase leading into a darker place.

"There. That's where we have to go."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That is your choice, and one you are more than allowed to make, Vera." He smiled softly, looking to her again. She was being stubborn, yes, but this was her choice. But it didn't erase the importance of family to the Epicanthx. There was no denying their royal connection. It wasn't something that could be ignored or just forgotten. The Zambrano family had shaped the future of the Epicanthix for centuries.

He wasn't going to deny that.

He nodded though, moving down towards the staircase first. He would lead the way, especially with the danger that was likely there.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

Vera's cheeks puffed like she had something more to say, but she decided against it and pushed her breath out instead. Dad wasn't the problem here, and the Epicantix weren't really either. If anybody was to blame, it was him. The man who had caused their people so much pain, and the man who had hurt the Nobles so many times before.

Thinking about him made her blood boil.

"...stupid Sith Emperor..." Vera mumbled to a point where it was barely audible, but it was something she just needed to get off her chest. With that done, she was able to focus and followed after her dad. The door they pushed open revealed a long, winding staircase down in what seemed almost like a bottomless pit.

It was dark and even the air smelled old.

"Dad, there are a lot of them down there. I sense about a dozen people," Vera whispered.

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was something they'd have to talk about more later, when they weren't literally walking into a lions den. He walked down the stairs calmly, lead the way into the basement. "Niv Hani was just made not that long ago. To think you were able to make this place look so old already. Must be the stress of betrayal." Kahlil stepped into view, his gaze shifting to look at the people within the room.

"We have a lot to talk about, don't we?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

Vera blinked.

Her Dad was as calm as always, but somehow still managed a clever jab at these people. It made her giggle inside but she kept her exterior calm, and watched the people in front of them. In this room, there were five - none of them armed, and they all sat behind their terminals.

"Master Noble," one of them spoke up when Kahlil addressed them, still calm like a true Epicanthix warrior. "You shouldn't have come." The door behind the Nobles went into a mechanical lock, trapping them all inside.

Vera wasn't worried, however, and looked at them with a frown, "Why?" She just asked, not referring to his statement, but to their betrayal.

"We can not allow another Zambrano to rule, and your involvement has been growing. It is only a matter of time until Adonis is forced to step down, isn't it?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Is it?"

It wasn't far fetched. Kahlil was the runaway Zambrano, having left his father's shadow and the rest of the family. But was it because he was different? Or was he just like his father, searching for a path to power? So many of the Epicanthix were now here, so many that had been left behind by Carnifex. There was no denying the fear that might show from a potential plot.

Many of these people were survivors of his father's wrath. It was why he didn't blame them. Why he couldn't.

"I understand your fear. But you've targeted my family. Tried to kill my daughter. Attacked my home where my children, my young children, were living. Tried to kill my son. You've threatened my very family because of this. I will forgive you for trying to harm me, because I know what my father has done. But my children are innocent. Surrender yourselves and face the courts as you must."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

The eyes of these Epicanthix were filled with venom, even after Kahlil spoke to them. But they weren't fools — without weapons, they stood no chance against the Jedi Master. Even with weapons, it likely wouldn't be a fair fight for them. "We'll come with you and testify to our people. I'm sure many more will gather to our cause," he said, his eyes focused primarily on Kahlil, but he shot Vera a hateful glare, too.

Vera stared right back at him.

"The others, however, will not go with you as easily," he said, and with a single nod for the others, the group of Epicanthix gathered for the Shield.

"The people with the face tattoos are here, Dad. In the back, and they have someone captive."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You would let them take one of us captive?"

That was a line crossed that shouldn't have. He glared at the gathering before letting out a sigh and waved a hand. Runes formed through the air, creating a barrier around them. Boxing them in. It'd stop them from interfering at least, and keep them contained until the proper authorities would arrive. He spared them no more thought as he stepped into the back room then.

"Let us finish this now, then."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

The Epicanthix man stared Kahlil down but did not answer his question. He just looked up as the barrier formed and turned his gaze to the others. Their plan to target the Nobles while they were split up had failed, but this was only one battle in what he suspected to turn into quite a conflict.

The Galaxy could not thrive with Force Users such as the Nobles still out and about.

"Let me protect the hostage. You can handle the attackers. I got this." She looked up at him with a determined sparkle in her eyes. The door then opened and another empty hallway was revealed. Slowly and carefully, Vera walked with her father until the large room on the other end appeared. Several Open Hand members had thrown over desks for cover and kept blasters ready.

In captivity, they held a woman - Adonis' secretary.

Vera raised a hand and formed her own shield runes to completely block her off from the enemy. Just in case they wanted to hurt her or use her against the Nobles.

"Now, Dad!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Let her protect the hostages?

Kahlil did his best to not absolutely beam with pride over how much she'd already grown. They could talk about that later, when they were safe. When everyone was safe. The moment Vera had raised her hand to defend the woman, Kahlil raised his own. He didn't have to worry about them trying something, not right away. They just needed to be immobilized.

The Force quaked under his control, flattening them all in an instant under an incredible, invisible weight. Most were knocked out immediately.

"This is over."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

Woah.

"I want to learn how to do that..." Vera muttered before her brain caught up with what happened. Without skipping another beat, she ran over to the hostage and let the shield fade away. With a guiding hand, Vera brought her to safety by her Dad's side and looked up at him with a smile.

"Hostage secured, Da-" she paused. "Master Noble." A little grin appeared before she turned to the woman, who seemed nothing but grateful and relieved. But not just for her own safety either.

"Thank goodness you two are okay. They made me reveal travel logs and requests. It's...my fault they managed to find your home and hunt you down." The woman frowned and lowered her head.

"Please, forgive me. They threatened me and my family if I wouldn't cooperate."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"There is little forgiveness for those who threaten family, isn't there?"

Kahlil looked to those flattened, a frown clear on his face. The proper authorities would arrive soon enough, and when they did, the rest could be taken care of. Fr now, he kept the pressure up. There would be no traps, no surprises. He refused to allow any of that now.

"Mom and Aris are safe."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

"I will do what I can to help you find those responsible." She looked down at the flattened people on the ground and clarified, "All of those responsible." These people were sent to do the dirty work, but there had to be others behind all of this. People who helped plan the attacks and prepared them.

An organization focused on targeting people like the Nobles.

Vera just frowned and looked up at her father, "They have the little ones, too. I just..." She sighed and rubbed the side of her arm. "Something is wrong with Aris. I can feel it." Vera knew they couldn't leave just yet, but she clearly wanted to run back to her brother to help and support him.

Almost desperately so.

"At least we stopped them, huh?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"He'll be alright. Mom has him."

Kahlil was already well aware of what Aris was going through. It angered him. His son should not have had to face that choice so soon in his life. But he had to. Because of the people here. He took a deep breath before glancing to Vera and nodded with a faint smile. Focus on the good, not the bad.

"How about we go home."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

"I know but he's my brother. He was worried about me, too."
She looked at him with a little pout. At least, until he asked her about going home. There was nothing she wanted to do more right now. She knew Mom and Aris were safe, but until she had hugged the rest of the family, she wasn't going to be satisfied.

Especially Aris needed hugs right now. Both for having been worries about her, and for what he had been forced to do to protect his family.

"Dad? Did I do well?" Vera asked after a moment. "I want you to be honest. This mission was hard because we had to focus, even though our own family was threatened."

"That's hard for you too, right?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You did fine, Vera. None of this is easy." She was right. This was very difficult for him, especially having Vera there with him. The last thing he wanted was for her to be in any kind of danger, and again she was. All while they were just trying to make their golems. It might help in the future, though not against people like this. Void stone was going to be a big problem for them.

"But you really did do good."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom