Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev A Noble Project

Development on Factory, Codex, etc. roleplay.

Niv Hani
div-purple.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"You did really good too, Dad,"
Vera said with a smile, but it was hard to contain her giggle. It was his 'job' to do good when it came to helping people, but she didn't want him to feel like it was taken for granted. He had, once more, helped save the lives of so many people, and protected his family at the same time.

That was very Jedi of him.

"After we go home and hug the others, will we go back to Ossus? I don't want to stop making golems. We've gotten so far, and these people can't just ruin our project. We just... have to be more careful, right?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked before glancing down towards her. And smiled. He reached down to gently ruffle her hair. She didn't need to comfort him like that, but she had, and he didn't think it was a bad thing. He nodded, though. They would have to be more careful in the future, but they could at least go back and finish what they'd started. Together.

"We got this, yeah. We'll head back after visiting home."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

"Hnngh, Dad you're messing up my hair," Vera grumbled and squinted at him. Much like Mom, she did her best to keep her hair looking good, and he just ruffled it up! The squint only faded when he made mention of home again. She smiled, nodded, and soon left while authorities handled the captives for questioning.

It was time to go home.

"Mom? Aris?" Vera looked around once the door opened and stepped inside their home. She heard the triplets being noisy in the living room, and quickly rushed forward to see them all on the couch with hot cocoa and cookies.

"Aris!" He was the first to have her attention. Vera ran over and practically tackled him on the couch for a hug. Valery, with all of her Mama bear heart, felt jealous but couldn't stop smiling. "It's good to see you two again," Valery said, her eyes shifting expectantly to her husband.

Kahlil_Div2.png

There was her mother.

Kahlil chuckled softly as he watched her run ahead to tackle Aris, who seemed more alarmed and confused than anything else. Freaked out, more aptly. Tackling him likely wasn't the best idea, given he looked about ready to punch her lights out before he realized it was Vera there. Watching shows had calmed him, but he did just kill two men.

".. Don't do that."

Was all he could mutter before he did return the hug.

Kahlil stepped beside Valery, giving her quite the big hug himself though. He was worried. Not too much, given how capable she was, but he couldn't hold back on his own relief to see her and the others safe.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

Vera didn't say a word and didn't even clinch when her brother only stopped himself from knocking her out with a haymaker at the last second. She just wrapped her arms around him, and when told not to scare him like that, she tightened the hug. It didn't hide the fact that she was trembling, nor did it hide her sniffs.

She had to look strong for him, so she kept him in the hug to keep him from seeing her getting emotional.

"I'm glad you're safe," she said, finally choosing to pull back and look at him with her lips trembling just a little. "I was very worried."

Valery, at the same time, hugged herself around her husband and kept her head resting against his chest. She let out a soft breath, then blinked when she noticed the triplets were on the move. All three of them were standing on the couch, and quite literally jumped their father.

From three angles, he'd have a little one wrapping themselves around him.

"Daddy!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I know."

Aris didn't say much more than that. He didn't want to talk at the moment. He just wanted to relax, and not think. Really just didn't want to think. He reached out to take up the cup of hot chocolate, sipping at it slowly as he instead looked to the triplets as they tackled Kahlil. Who stood tall regardless and snickered as he reached down to ruffle each of their heads.

"Hello you three. How are you all?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

After pulling back from the hug, Vera watched Aris reach for his cup of cocoa and chuckled softly. There was something endearing about seeing someone as tough as him feel calmer after a cup of Mom's hot cocoa.

Ahe just hoped he'd actually get through this okay. Mom and Dad both were going to need to help him out with that.

Valery certainly knew that, but waited with speaking up until after the triplets had wrapped themselves around their father. "Good!" Aeryn exclaimed, but Aurra was a little more aware of what happened. Especially after seeing Aris distraught.

"I am okay. Because of Awis," she said with a quick look in his direction.

"Love," Valery said with a soft voice and a hand placed atop his shoulder. She didn't say it out loud, but she was hoping to talk to him about their son.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil smiled softly as he patted the tops of their heads again before glancing to Valery. He nodded once before looking down to the trio and crouched to give each a quick hug. "Go and watch some more shows with Aris for me, okay? I'm going to talk to mom real quick."

Then he moved to step closer to her, giving a brief, sad smile. "So he killed somone?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring

The little ones all crawled back onto the couch, and Vera decided to watch over everybody. Aris included, especially now that he felt down. She could be the big sister when she needed to be, and this was one of those moments.

She had to be there for him.

"Two people," Valery said after taking Kahlil apart for a moment. Tears were starting to form - tears of regret. "I had hoped to have Aris stay inside with the kids while I cleared the area. But they tried to break in and forced his hand." Valery frowned and trembled with a mix of anger and sadness.

"I couldn't get back in time. There were too many. Now..." She clenched her jaw and looked up at him, almost as if she asked for forgiveness. "We have to really be here for him now."

Kahlil_Div2.png

This was a difficult thing. There was no denying that Aris would end up facing someone he'd have to kill. Jedi didn't have that luxury, not if they truly wanted to save people. But that pressure fell on them, his parents. He reached out, pulling Valery into a hug. It wasn't her fault, but she'd feel that way, he knew. He didn't want her to, but he knew she would anyway.

"We will be."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery let herself be pulled into his embrace with a shuddering breath, and rested her face against his chest, while her arms wrapped around his waist. She held him close and kept herself buried within his arms for comfort. Of course, she knew that they couldn't shelter their children forever - not with them becoming Jedi.

But she was still his Mom, too.

"Should we give him time and space? Or should we talk to him again? I just...this isn't something I had expected to already happen." She turned her saddened gaze up at him and removed one hand from his waist to wipe away a tear.

"I hope he won't be upset with me. I really tried to make it back to him."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"When he's ready to talk, he will." He had faith in that. Their home was built around that belief, that when people felt ready they could speak their minds unrestrained. That they were safe enough to, if they wanted to. Aris was a quiet kid, but he'd speak when he felt up to it. He certainly trusted that much of him.

"It's not your fault, though. And I know he doesn't blame you for it at all."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"Okay," she said softly. Valery drew in a deeper breath and reached up to wipe another tear from her eyes. Together, they had gone through a lot already. Now, their next challenge was to navigate through their children having difficult times. It felt even more uncomfortable to her, and she was going to feel this tension in her chest until Aris felt better.

She just couldn't bear her son not being happy.

"Could you maybe go to the kids and make them some food? I... don't want them to see me like this. They're already worried enough."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded slowly as he leaned down to kiss her forehead again. It wasn't much of comfort, but he knew how much it meant, for them both. "Take all the time you need. I'm here now." Then he stepped away. He'd make the food for the kids to help them feel better about all this, too. The only saving grace was that the triplets didn't seemed bothered.

Vera wasn't much older than them when she was taken by Carnifex.

She'd been able to protect them from a similar fate. But hearing that now wouldn't help. Not yet, at least.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"Is Mom okay?" Vera had waited for at least Aris and the triplets to be focused on food before she quietly asked her father. Aris couldn't sense with the Force, so he wouldn't know how Mom felt without seeing her. Though, Vera figured he knew that all of this was hard on his parents, too.

Vera herself, however, felt everything. She had sensed her Mother's emotions spike as she talked to Dad, and now she needed to know.

She wanted to help.

"Is there anything Aris and I can do to help?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom