Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev A Noble Project

Development on Factory, Codex, etc. roleplay.

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Void stone?

Vera frowned as well and looked at the two familiars for answers, "Void stone dampens the Force but doesn't completely negate it. Is it enough to stop the caves and its visions?" She wasn't sure, and that worried her the most. Going back, assuming they'd see a vision meant taking a risk now.

But staying where she was could result in her being trapped with no way out.

"I can't keep running. If I fight them...will you two tell Dad if I need help?"

Chaos frowned and didn't quite seem to have an answer to it. But they did have one other idea, "Serenity? I might be able to help Kahlil find where they are hiding. Can you protect Vera?"
-----
"We are closer than you think, Master Jedi," the other he addressed replied. "You just can't sense us. Without the Force you so readily abuse, you are nothing but an empty shell." His words were filled with venom, while his eyes also dropped down to Kahlil's weapon.

"Surrender yourself, and we will call back our people. It is you, we want."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Alright."

Kahlil took a breath before waving a hand through the air. Just to scatter the holograms before him as he turned back towards the cave. "Then I'm not going to hold back against your people." They'd made their choice, and he was going to certainly make them regret it.

---

"Don't get too close to them. We can't maintain ourselves around voidstone, not easily."

That was the biggest danger right now. If they were exposed too long, the familiars would disappear and Vera would be alone. But if Chaos could find then, it would certainly help in the long run. Kahlil was the most equipped to deal with this kind of threat.

"Kyber needs someone who can feel the Force to react. It's why we bond with people like Jedi. These voids are going to make this really bad for us."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

"I got this," Chaos said confidently, though with a strange shimmer to their eyes. This was a very dangerous task, they knew, so the chance of disappearing was there. A risk Chaos was willing to take, if it meant protecting Vera. That's the promise the familiars had made to the Nobles.

The kids were priority.

Chaos disappeared down the hallways, and right as Kahlil stood ready to enter the caves, he'd suddenly see the fiery fox flying over his head, "Weeee!" Chaos exclaimed, as they moved through the air with all paws stretched out. Once they were outside the cave, Chaos made a circle and started going up against the rocks near the Temple.

They were up there, hiding within the rock formations.

"Here, Master Noble!!"

"I'm worried about Chaos," Vera said as she began to walk the way back through the caves, "If you two disappear because of the void stone, will you be able to come back? Or does the void stone field need to be gone first?" She didn't think this would cause them to 'die' because the Kybers were still intact.

But... what if there was a risk?

"Serenity?" Vera then asked as she stopped. "I think they're close..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It doesn't hurt or harm us in any way, if that's what you're worried about. We're Kyber given form through the Force. We'll just fall back asleep, in our crystals, until we're given form again."

That was the danger. He didn't want to leave Vera alone here. His ears twitched again a he glanced around. He could feel them, in a round about way. The kyber near them went silent, so- He blinked.

"The Kyber here can't affect them, but they can help you track them. You've been learning runes, right? We can set up traps with those. Stasis some rocks from falling so when the Void Stone cuts them off they fall?"

----

Chaos?

He raised a brow as he glanced to the other Familiar. Then chuckled. He'd thank them later, but right now he just lifted a hand and brought the Force down on those who were hiding. The void stone made it more difficult to affect them directly, but there was far more he could interact with around them. Like the rocks they were hiding within.

That now acted as their grave as they condensed and crushed them.

"Is Vera alright?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

"That's a great idea!"
Vera smiled and wished she could reach up to actually pat Serenity for their help. "Just promise me to keep some distance. I don't want you to disappear." What she really meant to say, is that she didn't want to be alone in here. Serenity's presence was calming.

It was in the name, after all.

With a hand rising up, Vera lifted some heavier rocks and drew her rune, "Stasis," she said, before she looked down at some of the water that had formed puddles in the caves. "Cold, expand, accelerate... stasis." Those were going to be some nasty traps. Falling rocks and incredibly fast and sharp shards of ice.

"Can you lure them in without getting too close? Your colors should draw attention."

Chaos stood on its rear feet and lifted its front paws into the air when the rocks began to come down. A sign of victory, perhaps, or one of pure chaos. Valery, naturally, decided to hide herself in the bond, just as a precaution in case he dared teasing her about her familiar's actions.

It was the Kyber, not her.

"Vera is very resourceful, and she has Serenity! They always know what to do. Better than me!" Chaos giggled and started floating circles around Kahlil's head.

"She wanted to run back to you, though. She will want you to come back for her."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That is something I can do."

Serenity nodded once as he brightened himself. The colors would act like a beacon to those in the dark of the cave, just as intended. It was even more useful with the void stone suppressing the crystals and snuffing out the Kyber's light throughout anyway. The people following her would be far too easily lured in. The first yell of surprise filled the cave with true shock as the first trap was unleashed.

Even aware, though, they'd still have trouble following her.

----

"I know. Help keep an eye out for their rear guard. I can feel where Serenity is. .. She's being rather clever at the moment." Serenity was as much a part of him as Chaos was a part of Valery. And yes, that meant he'd be teasing her about the absolute gremlin Chaos could be at times.

"Let's go."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

"You're the best."

Vera smiled at Serenity and watched in wonderment as they began to glow. The little fox familiars had always been pretty to her, but right now, Serenity was something special. Something that honored their name. It also got the job done perfectly — the light summoned those people like moths to a flame.

It gave Vera some time to answer her brother, while in the background, the sound of traps going off could be heard. Surely, Aris and Mom would hear that, too.

"Come on! Let's keep moving!" Vera allowed the frozen ice spikes to clear the way for her, and ran past the body of one... whatever he was. She had seen their faces, tattoos and knew why they were this aggressive. She just had no idea who they were, and how many of them were out there.

But as Vera walked the way back, Serenity would feel crystals dimming on two sides. She was nearing a junction of tunnels, and if she wasn't careful, she'd be surrounded soon.

"I'll watch the rear, but you must hurry, please. Vera is doing well, but she's stuck and Serenity won't be able to help her for much longer." Not if those people got too close to them. Chaos, for once, sounded genuinely concerned. The Nobles were important to them, and they did not want Serenity to disappear either.

Even if they could come back again.

"They're closing in on her!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Calm yourself, Chaos. She's fine."

Kahlil chuckled as he glanced to her. She was very, very nervous. He didn't exactly blame her, but as he ran through the halls he was very calm. He trusted Vera to handle herself long enough for him to arrive.

--

"They're coming from ahead. I don't get how they know these caves so well, but they do. It's like someone mapped them for them?"

That made this an even greater threat. Not just that someone knew they were here, but that they even knew the caverns. Serenity glanced behind them with a frown. Where were they going to go if they were going to be surrounded? He couldn't affect these people, not directly. Not with the void stone.

"You need to go back. There's less back there because of the traps. You're going to have to fight."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

"Calm? I'm calm! I'm always calm!" Chaos was, very much, not calm right now. Vera was a little chaos-friend she loved to play and mess around with, and Serenity was her best friend. Now they were both in danger, and Chaos felt powerless to stop it. Or, well, she could do her best to bring Kahlil as close as possible.

He would know what to do.

"I want them safe, that's all."

She didn't want to run back.

Running back meant being further away from her Dad. He was coming for her to help, so she needed to get closer. But... she stopped, frowned and eventually nodded. She knew they were coming — she could hear them already — and she couldn't afford to be trapped between several of them.

"Okay, we fight." Vera ran back and heard the footsteps picking up behind her. Voices then followed, calling out to her, wanting her to stop. But she kept running. When she reached the open cavern again, she turned around and drew her lightsaber. Emerald plasma lit up the room, and with a determined gaze, she stared down the 4 figures that appeared.

<Dad? They're here.>

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We fight."

Serenity nodded and bristled much like a fox actually would before lifting some rocks nearby through the Force. He wouldn't be able to do much, but he could lob rocks at them from a distance. And he did. The people who had come after her stepped into view, only to get knocked in the head by one of the rocks. It threw them back, but their repose wasn't anything good for Vera.

Desperation. They knew Kahlil was coming now, and that he'd already killed the ones outside. Unless they caught her, they weren't going to survive. If they killed her, it was going to be even worse.

Desperation made for inventive choices, though. The second lifted a sonic blaster, not hesitating to shoot. A low setting would be a crazy amount of pain, disorientation, and possibly incapacitation. They needed to bring her down, now.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

The moment the pebble struck the man's head, Vera directed a Telekinetic pulse at him to send him flying onto the ground. For as long as possible, she wanted to keep them at a distance. If they all swarmed around her, she'd be overwhelmed. But from further away? She had a lot of tricks to throw at them.

But they had their own.

Seeing the sonic blaster appear, Vera knew that her lightsaber wouldn't help her. She raised her hand and summoned her runes to create a protective shield. The first impact was quite heavy but she managed. The second, however, came from an angle and Vera couldn't stop it in time. With a yelp that echoed through the cave, she was launched back and hit the floor hard in an awkward position.

"Ahh..." she whined and pushed herself to hands and knees on trembling arms, while the Open Hand cultists were drawing closer and aiming to fire again.

"Master!" Chaos yelled at Kahlil after she felt what happened to Vera. Then, without another word, the fiery fox blitzed through the caves so fast that she appeared like a glowing blur. She came up behind the Open Hand, and both Serenity and Vera would see a pebble hitting the back of the shooter's head to throw off his aim.

But with that proximity to the void stones, Chaos vanished with a smile.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Chaos-"

Before he could stop her, she'd run off. And he let out a sigh. Impulsiveness wasn't something they could afford right now, but at least it helped Vera in the long run. At the cost of Chaos being able to continue to help. He wasn't going to overlook this chance, either. Voidstone couldn't stop him from protecting his daughter. And as calm as he wanted him and Chaos to be, he couldn't keep too calm at the sound of his daughter's pained scream.

They were gone in an instant. The very walls o the cave crashed into them, guided by his tug of the Force. Then he was there, beside Vera.

Smiled, faintly.

"Good job, Vera. Why don't we go home, yeah?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

Vera blinked.

She looked up to see her father standing there, and no longer felt the threat of those people around her. She didn't look at where they had been, knowing what had happened to them. Her Dad was calm, but underneath that strength, she knew a protective, worrying father had acted fast. These people deserved it.

"Dad..." She smiled, pushed herself up to her feet, and sprinted over to wrap herself around his waist. "You really think I did good?" the teenager asked while she buried her face into his chest.

"I was worried you wouldn't make it. Or that they'd hurt you." She sniffled a little and tightened her grip on his clothes. Until she realized something far more important than her own emotions. Rather abruptly, she pulled back and looked up at him with haste in her multi-colored eyes.

"We need to go home! Mom and Aris are on their way, too! Dad, they're on Niv Hani, too."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No one like these people can hurt me like this, don't worry."

Their plan had been to use Vera has a hostage, and that never would go the way people would expect. He patted the top of her head before nodding once. He'd felt it through his bond with Valery. Something more was going on, but right now what mattered was Vera and her safety. Mom and Aris would cover home. But as she looked up at him so determined he just nodded.

Then looked back the way they came.

"I'll get the ship started." Serenity already knew what Kahlil was going to say. He hopped from Vera's head before looking back towards her. And nodded. "We're going."

Then he left in a sprint, as Kahlil smirked. "You heard him. Let's go, Padawan. We've people to go help."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

"I know, it's just... I didn't like having to sit back. I understand why but I want to be by your side."
She pressed her lips into a thin line to stop them from trembling and looked up at him with that Noble determination. All she wanted now was to get strong enough, so she could stand with him and not put anything at risk.

Just how Mom always stood by his side. That's how she wanted to be with her father, her mother, Aris and, well, anybody.

For now, they needed to get back home.

"Thank you, Serenity." Vera offered her little friend a smile and looked up at her father. "Let's go, Master Noble. Mrs. Master Noble and Padawan Noble are securing home." She grinned.

"Can you take us to the city? I will guide us to where we need to be."

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

"One day soon,"
Vera tried with just a little grin, before she turned around and started guiding him away. Just to deny him a chance to tell her no, or give her a look for saying that. Noble stubbornness would not allow her to be told no over this — it was her dream to be a Jedi like Mom and Dad, and stand with them. Whether that was on a diplomatic mission or a combat one, though the latter would really prove that she was ready for anything.

It meant her protective parents trusted her even in danger.

"Alright, we go." Vera returned to the shuttle and found Serenity there already. He had helped get the ship started, so now she patted on her own shoulder to invite him to sit again.

Unless he chose the top of her head.

"Dad, I think whoever is after us, is working for the authorities. Or at least has connections there. It makes no sense they'd know we're here. I'll bring us down and show you the way, but they're going to be hostile. And there will be innocents close."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Someone working with the Epicanthix?"

No, Kahlil could believe it. He was a living reminder to many of the abuse of the Force. Things were falling together now. The tattooed figures, the attack on the amusement park. The Open Hand. The Zambrano name was one that showed just how much the Force could be abused. And the Epicanthix here were all those who stood against his father.

"We're Jedi. Our duty is to stop people who might hurt innocents. Focus on shielding, alright? I'll take care of the threats."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-purple.png

"Or manipulating the Epicanthix."
Vera had heard about Hologram Fun World - about the hostages that had been used against her parents and the Organas. These people were not above such things, and it could be the case that their people were being threatened by this new threat to give away crucial information.

But... perhaps they just had enemies among the populace. Vera frowned at the thought.

"Alright, Master Noble." Vera nodded in agreement and took the shuttle ride back to Niv Hani with him. On the way there, she could feel her Mother and brother engaging around the Noble homestead. It brought her some relief, and she had a feeling that her father would be equally relieved.

"What I felt is coming from the old town hall. Where Adonis started his first term." Since then, an entirely new building had been made for the political side of things, but the old hall was still used. It had partially been turned into a library, and it had offices on the higher floors.

"From underneath it. Can you lead the way?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

It wouldn't be hard to manipulate the deep resentment. It was because of the Zambrano name that Panatha was destroyed. That they even targeted the world to begin with. They'd figure out the rest soon enough, but now they needed to get inside. He lead the way, calmly walking through the streets towards the old building. They'd know they were there, he had no doubt.

Hopefully he'd be able to get ahold of Adonis to at least start some evacuation.

"Stay close, and remember. Defense first. Alright?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom