Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev A Noble Project

Development on Factory, Codex, etc. roleplay.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Mom... let me go..."

Vera was being hugged to death by her Mother, who knew she probably wouldn't be seeing her husband and daughter for at least a few days. They were going on a trip to Ossus together, to learn and explore. Their project was going to take many years to complete, but it wouldn't stop them from focusing a lot of time and effort on its progress. It was admirable, but Valery still felt a little weird about having them away from home for so long. If only because she loved having everybody close to her.

It was a Mom thing.

"Sorry, sweetie. I'm just going to miss you," she said with a smile, but Vera just tilted her head a little. "We won't be away for that long..." she said in response, and Valery just pouted a little. Vera was at that age where she didn't really understand or didn't want to understand. It sometimes made things harder on Valery, but she was learning to be better about it.

At least her husband did understand, and Kahlil got a pleading look from Valery, who just wanted a hug before they departed.

"Send me pictures, alright? Maybe a holo-call after you're done for the day?" She smiled sheepishly and hoped they wouldn't find her annoying. The triplets, meanwhile, were just excited for Vera and Dad and waved at them with big smiles.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just chuckled. He understood it well, but it still brought a smile to his face to see just how much Valery loved them both. He didn't hesitate to give Valery a big hug before separating to ruffle her hair. "Of course. A holo-call before bed, alright? Just don't keep yourself stressed out if we're not calling immediately, mm?" He knew her well enough to know she'd likely go way too hard into missing them if she wasn't busy.

"You ready Vera?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"Hnngh, my hair," Valery grumbled, albeit with a loving smile. The big hug really helped her be able to... well, let them go for now. For a few days. At most. She sighed, and looked between father and daughter — this wasn't their first trip away from home, but it still felt different. Vera was on the verge of really starting her own Jedi journey, and this time, they technically could be out there for as long as they wanted, and be just fine.

She didn't need her Mom as much anymore.

"That would be very nice, love," Valery said with a happy little blush. Vera just rolled her eyes because she was mostly eager to get going, but she'd humor her Mom and her want for a holo-call at least. For a few minutes, and then she'd let Dad handle the bombardment of questions that Mom was going to throw at them. "I'll try not to stress," she said, knowing damn well that she'd be spam-calling them if they took too long.

But only because she loved them so much~

"...Yeah, let's go before Mom won't allow us to leave anymore," Vera said with a giggle, but right before she was about to turn around and walk to the Bastion... she stopped. Vera turned, ran up to her Mom, and gave her one big hug before actually running off to the Bastion.

"Come on, Dad! It's Golem time!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil watched Vera as she turned back to run to her mom. There was nothing like the moment they were going to leave for the realization to hit her, huh? He smiled softly before giving Valery one last wave. He'd contact her that night, for certain. Right now, he nodded once to Vera, smiled wider. "Alright. Let's get going then. Remember how to start the Bastion up?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

That last hug really seemed to make Mom feel better, which Vera decided to remember, as she joined her father's side. Valery waved after them eith a warm smile now, and finally turned around to head back into the house. Aris was busy studying, so maybe she'd go play with the little ones.

Some family attention was always nice.

"Start it up? I can fly!" Vera laughed, knowing her Dad probably wouldn't let her. He was too protective of the Bastion for that. Maybe. She eyed him as she got seated in the pilot chair to make sure, and flawlessly went through every check and system boot necessary to get them going.

"While Aris has been reading books, I've learned sone practical skills." She was going to just leave out the part where her and Mom were speeding with the Bastion and pulling some stunts to practice flying.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Can you now?"

Kahlil raised a brow, but he didn't argue with it. He had the strangest feeling that there'd be some sort of fine or such to be paying, knowing Valery. But that was fine. He simply found his seat in the co-pilots position, motioning for her to go ahead. She was getting tall enough to at least control the ship herself now. "Go ahead. And don't tease Aris. There's a lot to be learned in books, and he's adamant about learning everything he can. I think he's done well so far, don't you?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"I'm not a little kid anymore, Dad," Vera said with a grin, as she settled into the pilot seat and effortlessly ran through all the checks. She had probably done this in the simulator a thousand times, and several more with the Bastion still down on the ground. Aris was incredibly focused and determined about studying, but Vera wasn't just goofing of while he did. No, she learned to love things by doing them, and this was one of those things.

Not just because it'd impress Dad either, though she would be lying if she claimed it didn't matter to her.

"I'm his sister, I will tease him," she said with a huff very similar to her Mom's. "But he's doing really good, and I'm super proud of him. I'm just..." she paused for a moment, right as the Bastion was ready for take-off.

"I'm worried he'll not want to do things with me anymore. That he only says yes because I'll get upset if he says no. He likes reading and studying more than almost anything, it sometimes feels like..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Don't I know it."

Kahlil shook his head and bit back another laugh. No, he wasn't surprised that she was determined to say she was, in fact, no longer a kid. He'd already made it clear she'd always be his little star, but he wasn't going to press that now. Though, there were still moments where she was still a kid, huh? He reached out, patting the top of her head with a smile. "Aris thinks very factually. That's just how he is. But it doesn't mean he doesn't like the things you and him do. He might not say it, but I'm sure he does enjoy it all. If not for you, I doubt he'd even really know what fun was. Just, don't give up on him. He's trying to be a Jedi like us, but he can't use the Force like us. He knows that puts him in a position where he needs to try harder."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"I'll never give up on him," Vera almost snapped at her father, though not with anger. She was just very adamant about that and never wanted anybody to think she'd give up on her own brother. "I do know that he likes it. He has his little smiles, and he's like that around Mom too." She giggled at that, knowing just how much of a Mama's boy he was. Aris would never admit any of it, but she could see the way he got if she teased him about it.

He loved his family lots.

"Sometimes it's just hard when people don't show it, you know?" she asked, and without realizing it, she revealed one side of her that was similar to her Mom. At least, for now — every day, she was growing to be more like her Dad, and that's what she really wanted, too. He was her hero.

"...I'm also still your little star, Dad," she then added. Vera had seen the sad smiles when she didn't fly with him and Mom, and she knew how her Dad felt about a lot of things. Maybe she needed to remind him about these things too. Show him how she felt.

Kahlil_Div2.png
"That's just how he is. A lot of people are going to be like that, too. Just always be yourself, yeah? Don't let people make you doubt yourself, and things will work out. Not that everyone will be a friend, but you get what I mean."

At least he hoped she got what he meant. He wasn't going to harp on it a lot, but it would be important for her to at least know the difference between introverts and extroverts. He smiled after a moment though, reaching out to ruffle her hair.

"You always will be, you know. But, focus on flying, mm? You're the pilot now."

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-orange.png

"You're right," Vera said after listening to him for a moment. "Thanks Dad." All she wanted was for Aris to care about her and enjoy his time with her. If he didn't really show it all the time because of who he was, well, she'd just accept that. Deep down, every Noble cared for each other, and she didn't really need anybody to tell her that.

Just... sometimes it was nice to hear, or at least see a little smile.

"I'm still teasing him, though. I poked at him for being so close with Mom, and you should have seen his face," Vera said with a proud grin. Much like her Dad, she was pretty decent at teasing~

Vera's grin did turn back into a warm smile when he told her she'd always be his little star. Only to go back to a dangerous grin when he'd urge her to focus on flying. "Taking us in without auto-pilot," Vera told him, as the Bastion dropped from Hyperspace and began to approach Ossus.

It was almost as if her eyes looked just a little more orange now.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You can tease him all you like, just be warry that revenge is something he might eventually seek out."

He doubted it'd be anything bad, if Aris even sought revenge for all the teasing to begin with. Though he couldn't imagine what kind of face Aris made at the mention of being a mama's boy. He had no doubt that was true, but did he actually show that much emotion that Vera was able to tease him about it? Kahlil smiled very warmly this time. Aris was a clone meant to be empty, without thought or soul, yet he'd become such a person already.

The smile shifted a little, though, more to worry as Vera grasped the controls and announced her intentions.

".. Ah? Just, don't scratch up the Bastion, alright?"

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-orange.png

"That would only make it more fun," Vera said with a huge grin. "You love it when Mom tries to tease you too, just to turn it around on her for more damage!" She loved the idea of having Aris try to get her back, only to escalate their little battle. Maybe poking him more about being a Mama's boy would be good, or perhaps over the way he smiled at Kina. Maybe... she'd just have to hit him where it really hurt, and find a way to best him in a fight.

So many possibilities to tease her beloved little brother.

Then, it was time to make a landing, and Vera brought them down rather fast. She grinned, maneuvered them towards the surface, and only looked up when Dad expressed some concerns.

"Why would I do that? Do I look like Mom?" She had a little hehe in her eyes, and safely guided them down to the ground. Perhaps faster than he'd like, but she was a Noble.

"Welcome to Ossus!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ha, uh."

Did she look like Valery?

Yes. Absolutely yes. Especially with that gremlin grin as she pulled on the controls to bring the ship down towards Ossus and landed on the surface. Without incident, but yes. Much faster than he would've liked. He let out a faint sigh, but smile none the less. She could actually fly the ship, so that was a welcome sight to see. He felt proud. And maybe a little nervous, but still proud.

"Yes, we're here now. You ready to start building some golems?"

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-orange.png

"What's wrong, Dad? Mom said you love fast flying!" Vera said with an innocent smile after safely putting the Bastion down on the surface. She then hit the button to lower the ramp, and spun around in her chair to get up. Without waiting for her father, she rushed over to the rear of the ship, and walked down the ramp. As far as Vera knew, she had never been here before and this would be a trip of exploration, as well as one for their project.

But as soon as she touched the surface with her boots, she felt a familiar tremor. Her breath hitched, her eyes widened, and Vera froze up completely, as her mind was drawn into a vision. A hand shifted to her abdomen while her body recoiled as if it had been hit, and with a little gasp for air, she collapsed down to her knees.

"Daddy..." she said, and right now, she was his little star again, looking for help.

"Something bad happened here. To Mom."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Sometimes, when necessary."

He did like flying fast some times. When there was open space. And nothing like a planet's atmosphere to account for. He followed after her, not truly in a hurry. At least until Vera dropped. A vision. Kahlil had long learned the signs for that. But why? Oh. He rushed to her side, gently put a hand on her shoulder and nodded. That's right.

"Yes. She was stabbed here by the man I was cloned from. Are you alright?"

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-orange.png

Vera twitched and pulled her shoulder back when his hand settled on it, her eyes flicking up with pain and fear. She leaned back, caught her breath, and shook her head. "I j-just saw... y-you," she said. "I-I thought you hurt Mom." She swallowed hard, and realized just how ridiculous that sounded. As much as Mom and Dad sparred and injured each other doing so, there was never a will to cause actual harm.

Dad would never hurt Mom — the vision had just been so intense and overwhelming that it was hard to understand what it was really showing her.

"I'm okay," she said, her voice lacking that excitement from before, as she got up to her feet and walked over to him for a hug. "Did you get the man back for doing that to Mom? She almost died."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I know."

That's what it meant to be a clone. Without drastically changing himself, he'd always look the same as Kaahlil did. He kept a patient smile, waited for Vera to calm down. It'd be a shock to see his face being the one to hurt Valery, he knew. He still felt odd thinking about it himself.

"I was there. I arrived too late, but I was able to help get her to a healer at least." Not that he could stick around then, either. Times were difficult then, between their bond. "Your grandfather is the one who took care of him, though."

DrBznUVVYAAjNGj.jpg

Ossus
div-orange.png

"Eugh..." Vera muttered when he mentioned her grandfather. "I don't like that you call him that. He's not my grandfather. I don't have one," she insisted stubbornly. While blood meant something, she supposed, Vera only cared for family who actually showed love and empathy towards each other. Her Mom, Dad, her siblings, the Padawans who often visited home. The man who had taken her and nearly threatened her siblings was not family.

He never will be.

"I'm glad you helped Mom, though. She looked..." she just shook her head and wrapped her arms around him for a tight hug, before pulling back.

"I need to find a way to stop visions like that."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded once, reaching up to pat the top of Vera's head as she hugged him. Returned the hug with his other arm. She was right. There was family, then there was blood. They certainly didn't need blood to be family, and the opposite meant the same. "As you learn more about the Force, you'll be able to learn what makes your vision your vision. But that will take time. Don't try and rush yourself on it, alright?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom