Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion A New Lohopa | GA Dominion of Lohopa II

Aurora_smol.jpg

Lohopa II
hZFxlpS.png
Outfit: Shadow Gear
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Aurorae Aurorae | Closed

<They have a defensive perimeter secured and have taken several hostages,> Aurora's augmented voice said through her mask, as she stepped out of her Force Cloak and joined Aurorae Aurorae again. Not far away, The Vipers had taken control of a large distribution center for foodstuffs and not only were they armed and ready to defend what they had taken, but they were holding workers at gunpoint just in case someone tried to interfere.

The situation was tense enough that Valery Noble Valery Noble had once again assumed her Jedi Shadow Identity Aurora, but not just to take down this gang. She had long given up on the Shadow life being her primary focus, but her own former Padawan Iris Arani Iris Arani was taking up that mantle now. But without any active Shadows who were familiar with what it meant to truly be one, only one could train and prepare her.

<We're going to first secure the hostages, but they are kept inside,> she continued as she turned to face her student. <We can't be detected, so this will be both a lesson and a test for you. I'm going to teach you how to cloak yourself, which is a skill that does a lot more than most realize. It doesn't just make you invisible to the naked eye — it bends light across the entire spectrum around you, as well as sound waves. There's no sensor in existence that will be able to detect you if you use it correctly.>

<Force-users, however, can still sense you. So always use it in combination with concealing your presence. Understood?>
Aurora asked as she began to move towards the building at the same time. It gave her former Padawan a chance to inspect what they were about to infiltrate from afar and offered her a chance to ask questions.

HK-99

H

shzf7GJ.png

Viper No Viping

There were only two feasible options at this time as the alarms ball rang out within the distance, either flee the world or defend the food processing centers from the Galactic Alliances' Ilk. Each choice had its own ramifications that would see him destroyed or taken into custody. The idea of saving the criminal gang was lowest on his overall priority listing than securing a profitable arrangement for the Gorensla Kajidic. If the gang died it was of little consequences as that would make negotiations with the remaining criminal element shift in his favor quite considerably.

The East Side of the Camp had been breached according to his advanced scanners and the multitude of bodies flooding that corridor. The Galactic Alliance had a professional military that had gone up against the Imperial War Machine of the Empire and the Marauding Hordes of the Brotherhood of the Maw and emerged victorious. These lowly criminal scum would not stand a chance but their odds would improve if HK-99 would take the threat seriously.

"When will people learn that handing criminals a weapon is about as useful as giving one to a baby." - HK-99 said to no one in particular. Moving forward swiftly towards a building as the Eastern Flank was overwhelmed in short order and Alliance soldiers emerged. Aiming around a building and pulling the trigger as several disruptor rounds flew through the air and destingrated one person after another. Leaving only their equipment behind to be salvaged by the criminal gangs and turned against their maker.

His shots accurate to a tee due to his advanced programming, but there was still the idea of facing a jedi knight or master. However the actual threat that they posed to an HK-Series Assassin Droid was quite limited.

shzf7GJ.png

Objective I: Viper No Viping
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Alora Davani
Miri gave Silas a slight curtsy in response to his bow. "Pleased to meet you as well, Padawan Westgard," she said. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted some of the other Jedi in the distance already beginning to address the locals and distribute supplies.

"I was hoping we could get this done quickly," she added, turning toward the processing center. Reaching for her belt, she unholstered her two pistols, checking their ammo one last time. "The Vipers are in there. We have to take them down. I prefer ranged weapons, and I assume you will be using your lightsaber. If you can provide cover with your blade, I'll shoot. Any questions?"

If there were none, she'd head past the gate and into the facility proper.

LOHOPA II - SPRAWL 3
LOWER LEVELS - ALLEYWAY

Someone over yonder was yelling at him. Or them, Oceiros supposed. Sounded like it could have been the queen of Galidraan, frankly. Unsurprisingly, Oceiros and the barabel continued their unflattering mortal struggle.​
"I said keep walking!" Oceiros yelled back, "It's all-"​
Good was the word, but he had not been paying as close attention to how he was strangling the barabel as he ought to have. The barabel jerked his head back, smacking into Oceiros' face. There was an unpleasant crunch, prompting Oceiros to yelp and release the barabel.​
Less good. Definitely less good. The barabel lurched up and forward, scrambling a little aways from Oceiros so he could start to stand unimpeded.​
Yellow eyes passed over Cora, furious, obviously, but more impatient to deal with his attacker. So the hulking green reptile wrote her off almost immediately. "Beat it. Viper business."​
He rubbed his neck with one hand, and the other fastened around a pistol snug in his belt. Only a short distance behind him, Oceiros remained half-splayed on the ground, fingers hovering around his nose… Conspicuously shifted out of alignment.​
"Oooh, come on, man…"​

Iris_Sig.png

Being invisible. Being a Shadow. Made sense, of course, but it wasn't ever a skill Aurorae hadn't bothered to learn. Or just, didn't know who best to ask. Obviously it would've made sense to ask the woman who's name she'd inherited. Hindsight and all that. Right now though, the masked woman nodded her head. Understood for sure. Focus on perfecting this was likely the best thing she could do if she wanted to keep being a Shadow.

"<Let's begin, then.>"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Aurora_smol.jpg

Lohopa II
hZFxlpS.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

<Very few can see the way the Force interacts with the world the way you can, so make use of it and focus. Not on the colors surrounding us or the people around us, but on a much more fundamental level. Light and sound waves are faint tremors in the Force as well, and you can manipulate them. Bend them around yourself, and only a Force-sensitive has any hope of finding you,> Aurora explained before she stepped forward and faded into her cloak without any difficulty. The ability required an intense focus, and very few ever learned how to do it, but the bond between them paired with the lesson would surely give her former student an advantage.

Now steady in her Cloak, Aurora began to close in further on the distribution center while she kept an eye on the other Shadow. It was crucial that she'd join her in Cloak, so she wanted to test how the woman performed with a little time pressure on her. Jedi Shadows often worked alone behind enemy lines or in the most dangerous corners of the Galaxy. Decisiveness and a quick ability to adapt and learn were vital for survival and mission success.

This would be quite the test for it.

<Distribution centers have various access points for the loading and unloading of materials, so we're going to bypass the main entrance and go through the unloading docks. Once we're inside, we're taking down the hostage takers, and secure the hostages before anything else.>

shzf7GJ.png

Objective: Destroy the gang
Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok / Alora Davani

div-green.png

After Miri had introduced herself, Silas look to the right and saw someone helping unload some supplies. He was unsure if she had anything to do with the mission, but either way, she was helping the civilians who needed desperate supplies "Depends on what we encounter in there in all honesty" Silas said before taking out his saber and letting it hang loosely in his right hand.

"I can keep you covered as long as you don't go too far away from me. If things get too hot for me, I'll let you know when to dip" he explained, using his spare hand to roll up his sleeves "Only question I have is how you want to approach it. Blasters blazing, or a more tactical approach? I'm fine with either"

At the same time, they swiftly approached the front gates and made progress to the front entrance. Hopefully, these Vipers didn't have any tricks up their sleeves.

Alora Davani

A

GADividerWhite.png

Objective: 1
Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Once more, Alora found her eyes shifting towards the processing facility.​
For some reason, she felt a small tug in that direction -- a nudge of the force, perhaps. The supply line was moving along, members of the flight crew were helping, too. And no one had come forward with any dire medical needs. "I trust you can handle things here," she said, nodding to the crew members that were continuing to unbox and hand out rations.​
With a light-footed quickness, she made her way to where Miri and Silas were. The two of them seemed to be making preparations, and Alora hoped that her presence wouldn't be an interruption. However, the young man had an undeniable presence of light and the other woman had an air of determination that she couldn't quite ignore. A healer she was, certainly, but she also hoped to be a pillar of support to others -- especially her fellow Jedi.​
"If, by chance, you are going after the gang...." she said, her tone rather light and airy despite her words. "I'd like to help -- if you'll have me." Then, she remembered her manners. "I'm Alora, by the way."

Oceiros of Shor Oceiros of Shor

Cora balked. Not only had the two men heard her, they'd blatantly ignored her demand for them to quit the shenanigans. How indescribably rude. Certainly they were no better than the vulgar graffiti haphazardly spraypainted onto the durcrete storefront.

No, Cora would not keep walking. Nor would she 'beat it'.

Wait...did he say 'Viper' business?

That was it! That was the name of a gang of ruffians causing problems with food distribution. How undignified and cowardly.

"I shall certainly not 'beat it'!" She declared in defiance, voice rising as she pointed dramatically to the barabel. There was a pause as she looked around, wondering what exactly it was that she should do. The man who'd been grappling the barabel had been tossed a few paces away, nursing a broken nose.

Fortunately, she was still being ignored. The Viper's back was to her as he approached the beaten man, scaly finger wrapping around the hold of a blaster pistol. Cora's gaze grew more frantic, moving all over the alley in search of anything that could be used as a weapon. At last, her eyes landed on an outcropping of loose duracrete bricks some distance up the wall, conspicuously within the range of the barabel as he stalked forward. With a free hand outstretched, she called on the Force to aid her, giving the bricks a quick yank.

One plunked solidly against the barabel's thick skull, and if he turned around, he'd be met with a datapad to the face.

"I told you to cease, you barbaric ruffian!"

Be careful what you wish for.

I - Viper No Viping

“To have once been a criminal is no disgrace. To remain a criminal is the disgrace” ― Malcolm X

He was late to the party.

With his schedule as of late, this was not surprising.

He was here though and he was here to help however he could.

Entering the atmosphere, “The Spectre” was as fast as she always was, only oddly enough this time there was little that was not available to him information wise. The Vipers were in full swing and were choking off the lifeblood of the planet itself and the people were unable to do anything about it. The Final Dawn was again trying to do something, making him wish that the 9th Fleet wasn’t already engaged, Angellus would want a crack at them. They were of a like mind in deploring strip mining.

The best area for him to enter was taking down the Vipers, the people needed food and a way to it and the best way to do that was to break the hand that choked them. It had been awhile since the big man was this “motivated” to do something, but the lives of innocent people were needlessly being destroyed (not that there ever was a need to, but still) and that was what drove him to put an end to such things. He abhorred bullies.

Letting his astromech “BB-55” take over piloting of the ship, Caltin approached another droid of his “HK-88”, the “assistant droid” that he always knew was never an “assistant.”

Want to “assist” me, HK?

QUESTION - What type of assistance do you require, Master? As you know I am more than capable of…

The kind that you would best like in your primary function.

JUBILATION: OH MASTER! I was hoping you would one day find out and ask.

As the droid went to find his rifle, Caltin opened up the loading ramp.

Come find me when you can.

Jumping out. He found himself (superhero) landing in a field. Other Jedi were not that far away.

How can I help?

TAG: OPEN (Sorry I’m late to the party)

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Iris_Sig.png

Melding into the colors, huh?

It made sense. It was something she'd been thinking of from the day she first learned how to see through them. Just never saw a reason to try it. Or thought what the result was. The mask woman simply nodded to the advice before focusing on it. That task, that method. She was still for a moment before she simply.. Melded. Melding the colors of someone else, who were constantly changing how they felt with new stimulation and thoughts, it was leagues above just melding with the background. With the air, with the dirt and metal.

She faded from sight. Faded from sound. And quickly started to follow after the other.

<How many guards at the dock?>

"Stay down everybody, weapons ready. We got drones looking around. Stay hidden, let them pass unless they fire on us. If they do, you're clear to engage. Use the trees as cover, they'll have a harder time flying in here than out there."

"Bastards," Driver hissed, slipping behind cover. "They must really want whatever this thing is if they went through the trouble of sending us a gift."

He knocked against his helmet for a moment, thinking. What to do... What to do indeed. He could reasonably just vaporize them with his hand cannon, but they didn't wanna risk drawing attention to themselves. As another drone came around the tree he was hidden behind, Driver went for new cover. The clone discretely slipped into the bush that Lyrrin was hiding in, taking note of the Farghul's droids. Suddenly, an idea popped into the trooper's head.

"Lyrrin, right?" the Sergeant Major asked in a hushed tone. "Think you'd be willin' to send those droids on an adventure? I reckon one of them could theoretically draw the attention of those drones somewhere else."

shzf7GJ.png

Objective I: Viper No Viping
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Alora Davani
"Only question I have is how you want to approach it. Blasters blazing, or a more tactical approach? I'm fine with either."

"In my experience, tactics usually give way to improvisation no matter how many contingencies you plan," Miri replied. "We don't really have enough intel to plot a course anyway, so let's settle for blasters blazing."

The conversation was interrupted by the arrival of a third party: a young woman with blonde hair who had come from the group of Jedi distributing supplies.

"If, by chance, you are going after the gang.... I'd like to help -- if you'll have me. I'm Alora, by the way."

Miri raised an eyebrow slightly at the request, but readily accepted the offer of help. "The more people we have, the quicker we can get this over with, I suppose," she said. "I'm Miri. This is Silas. We're going to get rid of this Viper's nest."

As if on cue, a pair of Viper gang members came from around a corner, spotted the trio, and drew their blasters.

4NZoqVO.png

Lyrrin looked over to Driver when he implied that the small droids could be used as a distraction against the hovering droids above the taskforce members. The agent considered this silently as he peered up at the machines then looked to Driver whispering "Good plan." Lyrrin turned his head towards his six droids then quickly looked back to the Clone "You're paying for repairs though." he whispered in a hush tone then gave a firm nod. Lyrrin motioned his droids into a huddle as he whispered a few commands to them. Leaning away from the droids Lyrrin motioned with his head towards the droids above "Should be any moment now."

A couple of the droids shuffled through the undergrowth until they came into view just before the drones. They didn't shoot or make any sort of drastic actions. They simply scuttled quickly in erratic patterns until the droids that were hovering above the Taskforce locked onto them and began to pursue them in a random direction away from the agents. Lyrrin now only had four droids at his disposal but it could've been worse "There! Perfect." Lyrrin stood up and deactivated the NoShow barclet then stretched his back a little and shook his feet "Up and at 'em team."

LOHOPA II - SPRAWL 3
LOWER LEVELS - ALLEYWAY

Oceiros was still softly crooning over his nose and trying to touch it when the barabel turned back to him. "Hey, come on, give me a second here?"​
He was so obviously not going to give Oceiros anything other than a few evenly spaced blaster bolts to the chest and face, but that turned out to be just fine. A brick seemingly flung itself out of a nearby wall and clonked him in the skull. Barabels were tough, but they were just short of duracrete, it had to be said.​
The hulking lizard lurched forward but did not fall, hand clutching the back of his head where he'd been struck. "Guhh-...?"​
It might have been the lizard was a little concussed. Oceiros counted it a miracle that he hadn't misfired. The barabel half-turned towards Cora and took her datapad square to the face for his trouble. And while that wasn't as weighty as the brick, it took him by surprise and compromised his footing. He stumbled towards the alley's wall, finally tripping over himself and smacking his head against the nearby dumpster on the way down.​
Smack, clang, thud. Brutal. Oceiros nearly winced. The Viper wasn't moving, but he was still alive, probably. That was barabels for you.​
Oceiros took a moment to digest the scene, still seated on the ground. At some point he must have reached into his jacket for something, but now he withdrew the hand and used it to keep himself upright.​
"Wow. Groovy. You're not, uh, gonna throw stuff at me too, are you?"​
He wasn't sure how much more his nose could take.​

C9YtorG.png

Objective II: Exo Syndicate

It was no Cafe Denon, but when you were roughing it with the locals you made do with what was at hand.

Dominique sat perched on the edge of a bar chair with one boot heel hooked atop the rung, cup of caf in one hand and a local paper in the other. It had been a most productive, if long day with countless meetings and otherwise unremarkable deals struck. Additional trade would do Lohopa some good. What locale didn't benefit from more hard to acquire product and resources being brought in in exchange for what locals had in spades? If only she could say that had included the mineral rights as well.

A figure took another seat to Vexx's left at the weathered countertop. The Senator's golden eyes peeked at the masculine figure over the tops of her glasses. She sat halfway turned in their direction so it wasn't difficult to examine the new presence on the dusty road.

Yes, she was going to melt in the bath later.

"You're a difficult woman to find, Senator."

Vexx made a noncommittal sound in her throat. Once the man's brewed beverage was set down before him, Dominique set the pad back down on the bar. "And what makes you think I want to be found?" Reply given, she lifted her cup to her lips to savor a slow sip of the still warm brew.

"Word from almost every major presence with a sizeable mining venture has it there's an Alliance Senator making the rounds. Establishing relations with the locals, ensuring their needs will be met."

"What can I say?"
She set her cup aside. "The Alliance cares about all of its members."

The dark haired man turned his head slightly in her direction with a shadow of a smile on his lips. "Is that all? We heard Denon had more... expensive tastes."

Dominique rolled her shoulders. "Avalanches begin with a few pebbles."

"I represent those that would be interested in discussing where that avalanche is headed. If the Senator is interested."

"I could be amenable,"
she replies casually, "provided the location is secure."

His smile slipped. "Expecting trouble?"

Fine eyebrows rose over the colored panes of her glasses. "Aren't you? Or is that blaster inside your coat just happy to see me?" Vexx slowly stood to her full six-one height with a smile on her lips and a slight tip of the head to indicate she was ready for a change in venue if he was.

Spirit of Patience Spirit of Patience

shzf7GJ.png

Viper No Viping

Facility 482C
Thirty four miles east of Sprawl 3

Rolling out of the way of a scatterblast Minerva then fired a four round burst that struck a Viper in the chest area and he fell back sideways. Another one from the left flank readied a grenade while a third comrade rushed forward shooting at the intruder. The Mandalorian flew up and fired two more bolts. The thug with the grenade cried out as he was shot in the right thigh and dropped his little bomb just as the third Viper came within range and a small explosion ignited, shredding them both with shrapnel.

No discipline. Minerva thought with a scoff as she descended back onto the roof.

Two bit gangsters like these were hardly worth a challenge. All the same they stood in the way of her allies and must be dealt with. If they're not smart enough to flee or surrender by now then they have only themselves to blame. Banishing that thought she briefly saw a few gunships circle around like mynocks as they provided suppressing fire for their troops on the ground already. The rest of the transports came in, spreading out as they allowed reinforcements to fast rope down to either the roof or the different corners on the ground.

Seeing a familiar Sullustan on the roof wielding a sniper rifle Minerva exclaimed. "Irni! About time you join this party."

The markswoman giggled at that comment. "Well someone has to watch your six." Subsequently a human male with sandy hair and beard next to them, remarked.

"The fight is not done yet ladies. We still have to clear the complex."

"Oh we will Zaku. Just don't feel too bad when I take out more hostiles and I already have a head start with five." The Mandalorian taunted nature.

In response the older man snorted as he readied his heavy blaster rifle. "The day is still young bucket-head. Just don't feel too bad when you buy us all our drinks tonight."

Some of the others laughed as did Minerva. Accepting the bet with a nod she and the team advanced off the roof, going down the stairs. It was time to secure the facility.

Last edited:

4NZoqVO.png

TASK FORCE NULL | OPERATION LUCEAT | MISSION PARVUS
L O H O P A II | EN ROUTE TO LT: -46.46724 | LN: 6.29873
Celestial artefact — One
New Synthesised Mineral — One
Enemy technology they were commandeering — One

And if it was one box containing something, anything, that could destroy the darkside forever, then it wouldn’t have been this simple.

Would it?

It was almost an inconceivable notion. Almost, if her mother’s words hadn’t taught her so early on not to underestimate any situation. Even now, she could hear the great admiral’s voice: "Embrace being underestimated, love. That's the position where you can do the most damage."

Suddenly, the situation changed. In an instant, it became less simple. Verin’s warning gestures were the first of reactions to the ten dots that appeared across each member’s HUD.

In response, the team concealed themselves in the tree line.

Stay down everybody, weapons ready. We got drones looking around. Stay hidden, let them pass unless they fire on us. If they do, you're clear to engage. Use the trees as cover, they'll have a harder time flying in here than out there."

There was no time for her string of questions — Was there any chance those were standard-issued security drones? Maybe they were expecting Task Force Null, or someone like them? They had to meet someone and exchange a password, right?

“Maybe Mara’s right,” Cordé murmured to whoever was choosing to listen — although they weren't privy to her earlier thoughts.

“Maybe the asset retrieval's the easy part.” That was only half the mission.

She checked the chrono on her vambrace and frowned, watching after the droids and the drones' reactions to them. They might have been distracted, but now they were certainly aware of someone else being in this forest. And ten drones seemed to be a lot for standard security.

Light blue dawn-light started to yawn through the tree-tops. Frost glittered in response, sparkling for those witnessing the early hours of Lohopa II. Time was ticking on, and their visibility advantages were slipping away with the shadows.

They were less than one click from the facility.

<Not to keep the conversation going, but Chief,> she angled to look toward Agent Borra, <Should we split up? Advance and cover?> She pointed in the general direction the drones had disappeared.

<They’re going to come back at some point, and we shouldn’t all be waiting for them. We’ve still got to get the asset.> As if to emphasise the necessity to split, she pointed now in the opposite direction where, about a hundred metres or so away, the facility was.

Last edited:

Aurora_smol.jpg

Lohopa II
hZFxlpS.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

<Five - a group of three and a group of two. I'll take the pair.> She was going to give Aurorae the more difficult challenges at each point during the mission, so she could refine her ability to alternate between stealth in cloak, and engaging the enemy without drawing too much attention. <One last thing about Force Cloak... it does not mask smell.> Not that Iris smelled particularly bad or good, but some creatures especially relied on smell to find targets.

Those were not as easily fooled, even if their nose taking them to an invisible source would be confusing.

Aurora then took position behind the pair of guards who were directly at the door, while she waited for the other Shadow to follow the three that were moving around and looking through various shipments that should have already left the distribution center. Once she was ready, a nod was given and Aurora stepped out of her cloak.

A hand was raised and before the two could begin to react, their bodies were smashed against the floor. In this case, there was no need to kill yet, and Aurora was quick to telekinetically move the bodies into a shipping container she could lock. <Let's keep these locked up, and I'd like you to take lead until we reach the hostages.>

An opportunity to scout and get comfortable with the idea of actually being invisible. Especially at the beginning, it could take some time to get used to being able to practically breathe down someone's neck without them noticing.

Iris_Sig.png

Leave the three to her, huh?

Under the mask, Aurorae smirked. A test to see how far she'd come, perhaps? Or a test on the limit of her focus. She stalked in the shadows. Slow. Methodic. She couldn't rush herself. Not if she wanted to avoid breaking the stealth, anyway. First time using it was a lot more concentration than she thought it'd take. Did that mean it'd get easier? Like breathing? Hopefully.

Once in position though the next part was much, much easier. The white of her blade flashed only for a moment as she descended on the trio. Cut through two of them in an instant while she brought her heel around for the chin of the third. Knocked them all out cold in a flash. She lifted her gaze and nodded once. Take the lead. A wave of her hand sent the three into a similar container to be locked away for the time being.

Then she was out of sight again. Taking the lead. Trusting that Valery was close behind. Into the building. Find the hostages, just like before. Feel for them. The room with the most. Her eyes narrowed as they made their way through the hall and she came to a stop just outside one of the rooms. Nodded once.

<In here.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom