Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new beginning

She found it rude how the woman refused to address her directly, so she just shrugged and left her alone with her horticulture project. She hoped the Jedi didn't plan any large-scale farming operations in the area. That would quickly sap the jungle soil of the few nutrients and microorganisms it possessed without intensive management.

On the move again, she finished her wrap, looking above to see Republic engineers constructing defensive installations. It was some serious hardware they were bringing in, capable of downing enemy vessels that may try to drop in on the Temple. That would definitely help in preventing another event like Chazwa

As lunch was done, she returned to her shuttle to pick up some items for the temple exploration. A filter mask, flashlight, and case of
Stecher droids. She called for one of the Troopers hanging around the shuttle to accompany her to the interior. The priority with the others seemed to be looking for looking for a power station, and so she would also make that her top priority, but she wanted to just explore the temple in general as well. That's where the tiny recon drones she had brought with her would come in handy. They could quickly map out an outline of the area while she worked on finding that power station with the others.

As she passed by the kitchen area on her way to the entrance, she was notified of [member="Ayumi Pallopides"] trying to contact her. Apparently Ayumi had access to mobile hydroponic facilities of her own. She saw the potential for conversation, so she just let the recon drones loose where she stood. After giving them a verbal instruction to map out the temple interior, they all buzzed away in a small swarm. She left her trooper to monitor their progress while she broke off to go speak with Ayumi.

She found her with [member="Mantic Dorn"], who was heading up whole renovation project, and would give the pair a respectful nod before speaking.

"Hello all.
Pallopides, in the long term, I recommend that we do establish permanent hydroponic facilities here to reduce our ecological footprint. If possible, we could even house them inside the temple itself if there's room. Do you agree, Master Dorn?"

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
[member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Mantic Dorn"]

Ayumi gave a nod to the jedi master and then there was another woman speaking about what they could do as she brought up her forearm and palm pads to display the information. THe image of the Seeder ships AI appearing as she spoke. "We require one seeder ship redirected to this locatio, colonization efforts with ponic bays and paddocks with the drones." THere was a hologram of the inventory popping up with more of the things for them to work with as she turned to the woman. "That can be done, the modules create their own water and are able to function just about anywhere needed. Setting them inside or out here could be best and the paddocks can function to raise animals or keep dangerous things away." She had plenty of things they could work on and see to with minor construction... mostly they would need to clear things away and make room over building complicated things. Leave that to just installing the stuff.

Sasori Cartagrapher
Wey'lan Ponics Module

Slice Spiralflame

I can count to 20, 50 and 100, it was Chaos
[member="Rafeesh"]

Slice would slightly jump at the blue glow erupting, it always shocked him just out of no where. He reached into one of his pockets the fiddle with his own crystal -which was kept in a small vial- "Er.. Hi." He said rather swiftly.

To which way Slice stood for a second, before pointing to a small door way. "There, mainly because I couldn't see any others." The door way lead to descending spiral stair case. "Seems like a good place to start."

Rafeesh looked through the doorway before stepping in. He kept the lightsaber raised so as to avoid hurting anyone or thing with it, as a weapon it played the role perfectly however as a tool it was a bit dangerous. He walked down the hall, his eyes darting between the ground and the darkness beyond. He did not want to trip on anything, but he also wanted to see if something moved towards them.

His mind he turned back though, his thought going to the other padawan as he spoke as friendly as he could, "My name is Rafeesh by the way. What's yours?" Meeting and learning about others was important to him. This galaxy was still new, the people were at least. Before he had not associated well with others and had focused more inwards on himself. Now though, he was a new man and he intended on being a Jedi as he always should have been.

[member="Slice Spiralflame"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra's hands moved slightly as she coaxed the plant to take root in its place, the stalk barely leaving the earth around it at this point. It may have been a relatively fast process but this small work she had been focusing on took alot out of her and would require all the more and constant work on it to get it to the desired place where it could sustain itself without dying off from the loss of continuous feeding through her or dying from the accelerated growth she was putting it through. It was a delicate and very hard process to control the growth of a tree in general but one like this was what drew every ounce of her attention and further dragged her consciousness into what was essentially a lock down as she sat there motionless.

The only things her senses even permitted was the sight and feeling of the force so that she could effectively grab at it and transfer it into the tree before her. It was a small thing she could do for the Jedi, a nexus point for their temple just as she had done so for all her own. It was a natural reaction for herself these days and as she pulled at the fibers of the force, crafting them into those woven strands that flowed into the seed. She would take in the sight through the force and deny the outside world her attention.

Daeda would continue to simply serve as her voice and mind on the outside of her work though, incase there were any that came by this area to find her or interrupt her work. She didn't expect it to happen but she knew if a Jedi she knew was nearby or even one curious into what she was doing had started watching her, he could handle it.

So with that thought she was able to focus, letting the feelings of compassion for the seed alone first feed a renewed wave of force energy surge into it. The compassion out of the fact that even if it was a plant, she was consigning it to a fate of being a symbol for people to look at. Sure it wasn't something that would last for ages or be able to be moved, but the tree would provide the temple with a level of beauty and peace no artifact can. It was that reason she had a sliver of compassion for the life filled symbol and as such it only grew from there to the compassion she had for the Jedi themselves as they were just the same.

Symbols, those symbols of peace, truth. Those things that they strive for in their code but is sorely seen in these days of constant warfare. Perhaps there would be a time when peace is attained in the way the Jedi believe it will be done, or maybe in the way the sith did. But it was that that made her feel her compassion for these Jedi. They serve the galaxy as a sign, a symbol. One that can be killed and murdered like those they inspire yet they still are expected to act like the things they are. She felt a bit sorry for their lives and maybe that was why she was here. To help make them stronger without corrupting their order's ideals.

She smiled as she sat there without her body moving, the strands of the force curling around the seed like a blanket as it rested in the earth. It would take her hours yet to make this thing come close to being a sapling... she hoped she packed enough to keep her energy up, this was a taxing process to do all alone.

Mantic nodded as [member="Ayumi Pallopides"] began her work. The woman clearly had experience with these sorts of operations and it felt good to have someone like her helping out.

Feeling that there was not much he could add to it he instead turned his attention to [member="Arisa Yune"]

"That sounds interesting." he was very keen on seeing an environment where nature had a place in the lives of the jedi here. It was usually something that helped meditation and to reach peace of mind. He suspected that [member="Alexandra Feanor"] was at hard work with this already but there was nothing wrong with associated projects as well.

"Please, tell me your name, and then tell me more about your thoughts on the topic." he smiled at [member="Arisa Yune"]

Slice Spiralflame

[member="Rafeesh"]

Slice would let the other Jedi take the lead, seeing as he had the light source. "Name's Slice-" Slice had been to busy look around and talking he forgot to look to the floor and tripped on a piece of rubble. "Ah!" Catching himself quickly Slice dusts himself off. "I'm okay I think."

Rafeesh turned quickly when he heard [member="Slice Spiralflame"] stumble. The padawan was not quite fast enough to catch the man, but it appeared that no harm had come of it. "As long as you are fine to continue. It is good to meet you, Splice. If I may ask, how long have you been in the Jedi?" He was trying to make conversation, but it was somewhat difficult given the not knowing one another.

The hallway just kept going, though it seemed to now be heading downwards and Rafeesh thought he could see a turn up ahead. Maybe the Force was having him interact with those of this time, those that were closer to his own age. He did not know why, but if the Force led him to it then he would follow through no matter his questions. This padawan was a learned just as much as he himself was. Perhaps it was a person in which he could learn more of the views of the Jedi. Perhaps he was to know of different people and create friends for their benefit. After all the Force did not revolve around Rafeesh, he might do things for the Force that would not directly help him.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Her breath halted as her body stiffened for a second and the bud of the seed came out and pushed from the ground. Its green stem struggling as it crawled through the air now and stretched, barely a inkling of what the tree it is suppose to be in the time it will take. Alexandra coaxed it out of the ground though at such a pace it was still unnatural, letting her hands wrap around it through the force, feeding it more energy as her body grew more and more tired. She would need to finish up her work at the current moment before she stopped so that it was not left with a unfed unnatural growth.

For now though her body simply sat as it let the force move through it and craft that now small feeling before her. It was this part where she wished she had more with her, the creation of the nexus point. More with her allowed for a far more easily created nexus, one that grew in strength alot more easily. Yet she would still push her body to feed what was needed to create that nexus point. Even the addition of another master would increase the potency of the point in the same amount of time by twice if not three times more. It was always dependent on their devotion and their spirit when it came to this but at the same time there was other factors that could hinder it.

Her own home's nexus point was ill formed, created before she had perfected her own spirit and the process in which she was now forming this one. Yet after four times she had situated herself down in the correct point and perfected her creation of these nexus'. This tree would not be like her own, a creation that could sustain itself without a need for her to feed it the lightside energy for years to craft its nexus. Granted this one itself would also take a few days at the least to be complete, but it was that fact that kept her working towards this end result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daeda yawned as it laid on the ground with the datapad at its nose, waiting to see what would happen next.

Slice Spiralflame

@Rafeesh

"I've been a Jedi for a while however my training is slow, but I guess that's the way it's supposed to be." The question made Slice look baack at his life as a Jedi, for the most part it was uneventful. Other than a tournament, and running off with a crime lord to gather a lightsaber crystal.

While following he decided to return the question. "What of you? How long have you been a Jedi?"

Rafeesh thought about the answer to that question. He had seen it coming of course, and he had felt the Force guide him to asking it, otherwise he would have avoided the subject. There was a reason though and he supposed that he would have to follow it through. He wondered if this padawan would understand at least partly what Rafeesh had been through. Probably not, few did and Rafeesh felt fortunate that Mantic had when Rafeesh had needed understanding the most.

"I have been in the Order for less than a year, before that I was a Sith. I was a Sith for a long time and before that I had been part of the Jedi. That was a long time ago and I barely remember any of the time as a Jedi. I do remember some of the battles, Rhen Var, Ord Radama twice, there were many more beyond that but I can't recall where they were." While most of this was true, he left out the battle of Hoth he had participated in and lost his squad. He had been taken captive there and soon thereafter turned to the Dark side. He wished he could forget the battle, but it was perhaps the clearest memories he had now.

Walking around the bend Rafeesh felt that they were close. He wondered how old this temple was and if in fact the Jedi had built or if another people had constructed it and later given it to the Jedi. Some of those old temples used by the Jedi had not been constructed by them.

Slice Spiralflame

[member="Rafeesh"]

Slice listened with interest, although it was confusing, Slice tried to understand. Then it hit him like a speeder bike. He was Sith. Sith For a slight moment Slice panicked however then he reminded himself. Was. The person infront of him was Jedi, not Sith.

Once round the corner he could see a warmth, a light- "H-hey I think I seem something up ahead." Slice noted. Although it could just be Slice's mind playing tricks in the dark he felt it was worth mentioning, perhaps the Jedi could see it too or could shed some knowledge on the matter.

Rafeesh sensed a flicker of doubt in his fellow padawan and the Iridonian wondered at this. What had this one scared or uncertain? He could not see into this person's mind, he was not that powerful. But he could feel enough of the panic to make him question what had happened. Had the padawan felt something? A vision? He would not know the innocuous nature of the concern.

When [member="Slice Spiralflame"] pointed out something ahead Rafeesh nodded, "Very good. Let's see what's there." He moved more quickly forward, almost tripping on a loose stone as he did so. The area ahead opened out into cave like structure which contained what appeared to be very old generators. They had found what they were looking for. Now it would be a matter of seeing what could be done to get them running again.

Slice Spiralflame

[member="Rafeesh"]

A cave? That was odd however it had what they were looking for so Slice didn't linger on the construction of the generator 'room' other than if they fell it was going to be a long fall, Slice made a note not to fall. "How do you think we can get it working again?" Several thoughts flew across Slice's mind however he would want to hear what the other jedi had to say.

Rafeesh shrugged, "I do not know. I was never given much training in repairs. You have an idea?" The Jedi stepped closer to the powered down generators. They seemed intact, but then again Rafeesh had little knowledge in ways of machinery. His lightsaber was the only area where he knew a lot about a machine, everything else was just strange to him. He guessed that he could figure if something was obviously broken, like a blown fuse or a rusted component. Otherwise this was entirely new to him.

Slice Spiralflame

[member="Rafeesh"]

"Hm.." Slice said in thought. He crashed to a sitting position to gain a closer look at the panels holding the wires within. "Do you happen to have any tools to get this panel open?" A thought of kicking the machine to get it working would prove a funny solution however the thought was quickly wiped from his mind.

Rafeesh looked at the case and thought. He did not have anything that was meant to open a panel, he did not have a specialized tool for such things. Maybe he could use his lightsaber, but then again that was probably a bad idea given the sensitive components probably held within. So prying with fingers? No, probably not. If it did not come off when [member="Slice Spiralflame"] tried to pull it out then fingers were probably not going to help. The Jedi shook his head as he spoke, somewhat at a loss as to what to do, "Nope. Force?"

He was willing to bet that it was possible with the Force given that it was a power capable of accomplish so much more. He looked to Slice, he did not know the young Jedi's ability within the Force, but Rafeesh was fairly confident that between the two of them the panel could come off somehow.

Slice Spiralflame

[member="Rafeesh"]
"Oh... The force... Right..." Slice said in almost disbelief, he had managed to forget when made him Jedi. "I'll attempt it."
Slice held out his hands, and closed his eyes. He felt warmth from his hands moving towards the panel. Creaking from the rusted panel... Then nothing. "That's all I got."

Rafeesh was surprised at the accomplishment. He had not been strong enough to use the Force in a controlled or powerful manner for awhile after he had originally joined the Jedi, but then again he had been a mere youngling, brought up as an infant within the Order. He was impressed with this younger Jedi. "Better than me when I was at the time. Let's try together?"

He had some experience with manipulating the environment with the Force, he just hoped that he would not mess up, it had been some time since he had last tried something like this. He felt out with the Force, sensing the small panel and knowing that it would not hold out against much power. They would succeed one way or another.

"Arisa Yune, formerly of the Coruscanti Temple."

She had just been
about enter the selection process for her master, when Sith assaulted the Coruscant temple years before. Since then, she had bounced around several masters in spurts of informal training sessions while she committed herself to fighting the Sith. As of late, she had been resigned to self-study during her lengthy rehabilitation on Kiribi, acting as a bodyguard to Senator Teigra in the meantime as an act of gratitude.

"The interior still needs to be explored, but I'm thinking that we can house some hydroponic facilities in the chambers that we decide not to use for habitation. We can insulate our food stores from external threats while also keeping the surrounding fauna mostly intact."

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom