Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A marriage to be remembered

0Sv2NIvu5ZVVwOMDD.png
Tags: [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Taru Cadera"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Taozi Fuyuan"]

Marriage, a tradition that was different in every culture, with traditions and values that needed to be commemorated for every group. It is a holy ceremony for most, one that means two or more people have found love, and that they are coming together to be with one another forever. For Mandalorians, forever was unto death, with marriage being binding simply with saying the marriage vows. For Panatha, there was so much more, a brawl between the lovers, handfasting, and then the vows itself. Now, Adenn didn't believe in all that really, Aditya and he had already said their vows, but Aditya had insisted on a 'proper' marriage, so Adenn had relented and said yes. So this came about, a marriage on Clan Mortuis home world, a planet most outsiders had never seen before, much less visited. Aditya had been the first none Clan born member to visit the planet, now though, now many, many more would see and visit the planet for the first time. As such, security was high both in orbit, with the entire Clan Mortui fleet present, and on the planet itself, with the Beskad Elite and many Warriors deployed to the surrounding areas as well. Not only that, but there'd be many Clan Mortui members attending the marriage ceremony itself, all to support their Alor, and unofficially they were there to provide protection should anything happen, as unlikely as it was.

For now though, last minute preparations were the order of business all across the village where the marriage ceremony would be held. The village was an older one, and in it several prior alors had been born and buried, not only that, it was the main village for the Chulan. Currently the amount of Chulan to other Clan Mortui warriors was 60%-40%, not that either group cared one way or the other, they were all Clan Mortui here. That said, one could tell who lived there and who didn't, seeing as the village was multi-layered up into the trees, and mainly the Chulan were that high up. They weren't the only ones up there though, Tracyn Mirshko's flew about in the sky, happy in their natural environments. Adenn himself was the exception, along with a few other of his vode. He currently sat on the edge of a branch, near a platform to his right, while on his immediate right sat Gunner, both his second in command and his closest vode. They simply sat there in companionable silence, even as down below final preparations for the marriage ceremony were made. From this high up, Adenn could easily see the building where the women had been directed towards, for whatever preparations they had to make. As for Adenn, anyone who cared to ask would be told where he was, high up in the trees, relaxing and not having a care in the world.

The image that Adenn now showed was one far removed from the man he truly was, all the fighting had changed him. But here and now, on his home planet with his vode so close and his wife near him, Adenn couldn't help but feel at peace. That's why, despite wearing his armor, he didn't have his helmet on out in public. It was the first time in a long time that he'd done that, and it truly showed how at peace Adenn was, even as he leaned back on his branch, simply closing his eyes and listening to what was happening.

From the way Adenn had barely spoken about the planet, Taru had been able to sense a great well of pride and secrecy surrounding it. It was something which Adenn held close to his heart, closer maybe than even the skin and bones around it.

And Taru understood that. He respected it.

When the transport touched down he was at the same time both upset and excited about the place, forgetting entirely that a marriage was going to take place shortly. He was upset that it was so small, secluded, and away from Mandalore, yet understanding in its strategic use. the giant chuck of planet rock floating in the sky did freak him out at first, but after multiple vode having told him that it was safe did he only begin to believe it for himself.

In the village where the marriage was going to be held, Taru asked about where Adenn was, especially as to how he hadn't seen him in some time, and he wanted to show him some of the designs that he was thinking about implementing into his own Beskar'gam. Being pointed in the direction of the pair of friends, Taru jogged towards them.

Upon reaching them from their right, he jumped off of the platform and sprang for the branch, arms outstretched and a grin plastered on his face. "Pas ad'ika, meg laam ru'dayasku nayc haa'taylir"(Hey guys, whats up long time no see) he said with a chuckle as he caught himself on the branch, righting himself and sitting alongside the other two on the gargantuan tree branch.

[member="Adenn"] Kryamud

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
Wonder if it's part of every bride's nerves to want to bellow at her granddaughter for the way she just has to crowd the window. Adara's level of teenaged grump is so listlessly hopeless I... gawds I want to grab her by the pigtails, swing her outside and have words. Words Adara needs like a boot in her knickers.

Can't believe she ain't smiling on a day like today. The forest is serene, air so fresh I never want to leave again... and for a spacer engineer that's a lot to say in itself. At least the girl changed into her Beskar'gam. Freakin' princess.

No, Adara, you can't wear that dress to my wedding. AR-MOUR CHI-LD. Almost yelled it at the top of my lungs, when she came out looking like some Naboo Senator with a doe eyed desire to court the first dramatic pilot swashbuckler she saw. Almost said it.

But the sounds didn't come out. They never do, when it's got to do with Adara. I grit my teeth so hard my jaw hurts up to my temples. How come nobody ever sees it?

I polish my buy'ce with the rag more out of habit than a need to make it sparkle. Something to do, I guess, while Papa finishes the rest of the set up in the square out front. Little altar and everything, idols of Nereus and Nussyn gussied up with flowers and anointed with the blood of our last kills. The sparring ring, even a regretful decline (thank gods) from my niece [member="Gunnr Zambrano"], who quite frankly I couldn't stomach inviting in the first place.

So I didn't. Don't sit right, the way Mama did it. Ada Fitz-Kierke saw the damage done to Mandalore, the end of Yasha at Carnifex's hand. She knew retribution would be as swift and terrible as Yasha's wounds. Doubled over for the rest of us.

How's it feel, Mama? Knowing the last wedding you blessed was your own grandchild's to the Dark Lord? And none of these honest Mandalorians know it. An offering in smoke to salvage all... well, all this. Guess it's my chance to pass through the smoke. A 'proper' marriage. Fekk, but beating on Adenn a little'll be astounding fun and as much as I try not to be, the whole thing is making me giddy and excited.

And I can't say nothing 'bout the deal. Bound to the gut by a single whisper. Still, seems a distant and uncanny bit of fiction, while I primp my hair and can't help but smile. I'm getting married.

My eyes narrow as I see [member="Adara Raxis"] sigh. Checking for another body to enter into what is a gladsome and happy day. I'm getting married. Proper-like, as Mama squawked abundant. Silly old Mama. What a rusty battle axe.

“It’ll be a wonderful day, eh? A fun… Adara, we need a fun day today. All of us.” I keep my voice hushed, sidling up to the girl in the window.

All of us… right.” Adara mumbled, seeing her mother busied over in the corner from the reflection of the glasteel in the window. She peered back out, a child staunching the disappointment of someone important, but missing.

"Adara.." Come now, child. Give me this.

“Weddings are good days. We could all use a celebration and this? It’s a good one. Ba’buir Adenn’s never treated me like I was inhuman.” Adara glances back and her eyes, those same red and black eyes I have, peer up at me. "I want you to be happy, today. And always happy with Ba'buir Adenn."

My stuttering gasp coincides with a near slump against the window frame. I cling to the buy'ce in my hands, eyes blinking shut for the blessing I needed to throw myself full bore into the day. No checking behind me, no worrying something was wrong. It's going to be a blessed day. Even Yasha made it, as empty as she was.

Members of House Fitz Kierke from Panatha prepared the fighting ring, a place for Adenn and I to prove our strength and worth in the greater community. The sacred smoke filtered up into the trees, a warm and spiced scent permeating even such high branches as [member="Taru Cadera"] and [member="Adenn Kyramud"] remained perched upon without me knowing yet that they were there.

That's the rub of it, ain't it? Sure, looking back now I can wax poetic about the best day of my life and the hidden cost of it. About trembling before nothing in the Galaxy except a teenaged girl, who held everything about me in the palm of her hormonally fekked hand.

Y'all ain't gonna hear any of my confessional logs until I'm dead and gone, one final time. Maybe then you'll have the time to stop what inevitably happens next.

Frak, but I'm excited about getting married.

[member="Mig Gred"] [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] [member="Kaine Australis"] @Skorvek

The forest round them seemed the right sort of place for Yasha's first foray into the worlds since her disastrous death at the hands of Darth Carnifex. While medical science and the prayers of the force called her back to a semblance of life, the once-Mand'alor rested in a hoverchair which, despite her near supine appearance, kept her at eye level with the others.

Eye level... the luxury seemed oddly fitting. In her childish youth, the Hell Wolf was never at eye level with anyone. She was always too slight, too short. As an adult, she towered over most beings, until their eyes were beneath the level of her own. Ever farther down, for the mechanical eyes the Infernal saw through in her never lost wolf helm.

The Wolf Helm was gone. A ruined relic of her previous life. Nothing but the frame of Yasha Cadera remained. A pale, gaunt and listless after-image of what was once a warrior. Ada Fitz-Kierke wrung her hands at the sight of her beloved granddaughter. The uselessness of a mother seeing one of her children, even grandchildren in such a state was as oppressive as the Mandalorian's culture of perpetual armour enclosure.

No. Ada couldn't keep fretting... there had to be something Ada Fitz-Kierke could do other than stare at the shell of a breathing corpse.

“A few lines of poetry and snoggin’ in your armour doesn’t make a marriage. It makes for ill children and…” No more of this common-law business, like the Mandalorians did. It wasn’t proper. Aditya, Tamar and the other ladies in the house held in another long groan. Here Ada went again… until Yasha set a shivering hand on her grandmother’s arm.

Piovi, Glomkpaduil. Wi qmav.” Peace, Grandmother. We know… four words and more than Yasha spoke since leaving the Estate on Eiru a week prior. Time in travel was spent with Yasha kept in near stasis in a medi-bed. Breathing quietly some thought more due to the machines working her lungs like bellows than any will to survive. Doc Allard perked up, rushing over to the back of Yasha’s hoverchair to check vitals, and see what cracked the silence in the once proud woman. Ada wheeled round to hold Yasha in her eyes, a mother’s pity breaking past a Noblewoman’s entreaties on the pride of proper things.

“Oh, Yasha dear, you must be frozen in this draughty house. Here… here! I’ll fetch another… Noah, Noah darling, fetch another blanket, won’t you.” Ada asked [member="Noah Corek"], Yasha’s perpetual shadow. “Doc, Taozi is she… I wonder if this was too much for her… perhaps I should have tailored a warmer dress, it's chersilk, but...”

Ada went on, mumbling to the doctors as Yasha grunted and leaned back in her hoverchair, pale as paper with her once luscious raven hair cropped short in a pixie cut for ease’s sake. Her lips parted, but all Yasha managed was a glance up to her Noa’ik. Sometimes it seemed she knew him, other times it seemed [member="Yasha Cadera"] remained in a milked fog, recognizing naught but flimsy shadows cast on the walls. Her eyes closed as she shuddered and slumped her back against the hoverchair.

While the doctors and others fussed over [member="Yasha Cadera"], Tamar kept a wary eye on Aditya and Adara... something about the way Aditya seemed to quiver... it was probably matrimonial nerves.

Manda knew Tamar would be nervous if she had to marry the Alor of Clan Mortui. Adenn was a decent father, a solid leader, but... okay he was nuttier than an almond tree. Made Tamar more than joyful for her beloved, the sensible Engineer.

All was ready… or near to. Tamar fiddled with Leddie’s hair, and straightened her long armoured coat, with its’ navy blue spidersilk and copper trim. Checking the buttons down Leddie’s middle, Tamar left the coat open after Leddie’s combat belt, where her matching navy blue armourweave trousers tucked into shined and sturdy boots.

“There we go, Ledd’ika. A proper fighter, aren’t you?” Tamar grinned up at her daughter from her position kneeling to secure Leddie’s boot. “You look quite the proper vod today. I'm sure your cousins Girak-Kaine and Magnus will play with you if you ask... but no battle damage until after the wedding, young lady!”

[member="Mig Gred"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Azure Djitred"]

While Taozi wasn't too surprised at the invitation to [member="Adenn Kyramud"] and [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]'s wedding, she was surprised that [member="Yasha Cadera"] was well enough to come. Dressed in one of her more formal outfits, and hair pinned back just enough to keep most of her hair out of her face, Taozi hovered close to Yasha. Life... Had not been kind to the woman, and Taozi fretted over her condition constantly, even when she was so far away from her. Hearing Yasha speak to Ada almost made Taozi snap her neck moving so fast.

"How are her vitals? Not dropping?" Taozi knelt slightly beside Doctor Allard, before stand up straight and smiling reassuringly at Ada. Seeing the look on the older woman's face, Taozi hurried over and placed a hand on her upper arm for emotional support. "She'll be just fine. The fact that she's talking is a good sign, I'd be more concerned if she weren't. As long as nothing too stimulating happens, everything should be okay. Now, why don't you tell me where you got her dress tailored from? They did a lovely job on it."

Taozi hoped distracting Ada would ease her worries as [member="Noah Corek"] went and grabbed the warmest blanket he could find.

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig smiled as he watched [member="Tamar Gred"] and Leddie. The fact that his wife was even willing to handle the little Zabrak' pretty solid refusal to wear a dress, and he even had to admit that the armored coat was a great way of doing it. He smiled, finishing his armor polish and checking on Illyushin and Souma. The pair were currently asleep, which got a smiled out of the Alor. Meanwhile, Leddie smiled at her mom,

"Thanks, Dalyc'buir! And I won't." Mig smiled, patting his daughters shoulder before reaching to give Tamar a kiss

"You both look great. Can't wait to see some of what makes this kind of wedding."

Meanwhile, Fredrick also got ready. Though he was more focused on adjusting his arm so that it wouldn't do something crazy during this. Concord Dawn was still a bit fresh on his mind, but this was nice. How he got invited was still beyond him, but he figured why not. Could give him a chance to meet his friends again.

[member="Taozi Fuyuan"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Taru Cadera"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Azure fiddled with Lailya's dress as they waited for the wedding to start. The five year old loved dresses, bows, and frills, but hated sitting still! Lailya bounced on her toes and Azure retied the bow on her dress for the third time in the past hour, blonde curls only held in place by the simple braid headband Azure miraculously managed to make. Azure sighed at her daughter, and made final adjustments to the bow before standing up, and fixing her own dress.

"Remember, Lailya, we're here as guests, so you have to be-"

"Leddie!"

"-have..."

Lailya squealed in excitement when she saw her friend, and sprinted over to tackle hug her friend. Azure sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose as she hurried over to [member="Mig Gred"] and [member="Tamar Gred"] to keep an eye on her rambunctious daughter... And fix her bow for possibly the fourth time.

Tabitha snorted from her spot on the wall at little Lailya's shenanigans, before turning her gaze on [member="Adara Raxis"] and [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]. Adara looked way too tense for a wedding. Rolling her eyes with a smile, Tabitha swaggered up to Adara, and gingerly placed a hand on her shoulder with a smirk.

"Sup, 'dara? Long time no see, eh? What'cha brooding for? I heard your mom talk, that's good ain't it? Better a few words than none at all."

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Yasha Cadera"] - [member="Azure Djitred"] - [member="Mig Gred"] - [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] - [member="Tamar Gred"] - [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] - [member="Taru Cadera"] - [member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Noah snorted under his helmet when Ada Fitz-Kierke delivered her opinion on what she thought of the traditional Mandalorian wedding rituals. 'Spoken like a true aruetii.' He thought internally but didn't dare to voice it lest he bring the ire of the Fitz-Kierke matriarch, an ire that only matched his owns grandmothers.

Noah glanced around the room and scanned everyone in it. They were all family but he was still on guard, he'd promised Yasha, well not that she'd know because she was in a coma at the time, that'd as long as she was incapable of defending herself that he'd never leave her side. This promise lead to a hyper-vigilance Noah had not had since his younger years in the Republic Commandos.

Much like everyone else his attention was drawn to Yasha as she spoke. Again like the others he hadn't heard he speak much, not that he'd blame her of course something like what she'd had gone was definitely life changing. He nodded toward Ada as she spoke but instead of going for a blanket he reached up and unbuttoned his cloak, which was of course freshly cleaned for the wedding, and draped it over Yasha, knowing that the feel and smell of it might comfort her more than a blanket. When she glanced up at him he smiled, reached and squeezed her hand, leaned down and pressed his buy'ce against her forehead.

Peace, it was something Adenn had rarely experienced, much less with friends and family. Now though, now he was surrounded by peace on his home planet, surrounded by friends and family. It was calming, allowing Adenn to clear his mind like never before, something he was grateful for. It's also why he felt so safe and thus had his helmet off, for the first time in public in a long time. Hearing Taru approach, Adenn opened his eyes and nodded in greeting to his nephew.
"Su cuy Taru, glad you could come." He smiled at him, before returning his gaze out to the forest and the village below. "It has been awhile, how have you been vode?"

Adenn looked perfectly at ease, even as he sat there with friends close by. He was taking in the view and the smells, taking in the sacrificial scent from below. Shaking thoughts from his head, Adenn focused on Taru once more.

EDfUZH1.gif

With Yasha and everyone else within the hut, there was another couple in there, a couple from Clan Mortui. The couple had offered to assist the guests and had introduced themselves at the start, but then faded into the background, helping where they could, while allowing others to focus on final preparations for the marriage ceremony. Not that there was much left on Clan Mortui's end, it was mainly them helping the Fitz-Kierkes however they could. This couple though, the Maki's, were better with people and had worked with Clan Cadera before. Both were resplendent in their beskar armor, black and red armor battleworn, but meticulously maintained. Currently, Mrs. Maki was leaning against a wall near Yasha and Ada, while Mr. Maki was near Aditya and Adara, watching them and the others out of curiosity.

Leaning where she was, Mrs. Maki was able to hear Ada mock the Mandalorian marriage system, before Yasha spoke, calming her grandmother. Focusing on Yasha for the moment, she got up off the wall, taking a step forward to focus on the ex Mand'alor. Sighing when Taozi said that she was fine and it was good that she was speaking, Mrs. Maki then focused in on Ada. When she spoke next, her voice was calm and collected, showing little emotion.
"Spoken like a true aruetii." Though her voice was calm, the slight sneer was evident in her voice. "Marriage is nothing more than words spoken to bind two people together. Mandos simply throw out all the pomp that's useless. Makes it, and us, more efficient." Crossing her arms across her chest then, Mrs. Maki leaned back against the wall, not bothering with sparing another glance at Ada, choosing instead to focus on Yasha.

At the same time, Mr. Maki was still observing Aditya and Adara. The man observing them had his beskar armor on, but his helmet removed, revealing a man in his late 40s, a handsomely rugged individual who had seen war, but hadn't let it change him. Seeing just how tense Adara was, Mr. Maki decided to step in, just as Tabitha did as well. Smiling slightly at Tabitha's mannerisms, he spoke then. His voice was calm and gravely, showing the slight age of the speaker and his entertainment with the situation, along with the smile he wore.
"Su cuy Aditya and Adara, I'm glad to see you once more." Turning his head towards Adara, he continued. "What this one(Tabitha) says is correct, this is, according to Panathan culture, a day of joy and celebration. There's no need for such a long face. It's gonna be a great day, eh?" Chuckling lightly, he continued. "Alor Adenn wished for me to give you a message too. 'It's a day for celebration adiik, no matter what happens, just forget about obligations and act your age. Have some fun, enjoy the games we have, and have some fun with others your age. You're among aliit today, enjoy the time off.' I hope that helps."

Shrugging slightly, Mr. Maki smiled at the child behind his helmet. Off handedly he heard his wife talk back to Ada Fitz-Kierke about Mandalorian marriages or something, a fact that caused him to chuckle a bit more. Turning his head to look at his wife, he shook his head silently before returning his attention to Adara, still smiling.

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="Azure Djitred"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] [member="Tamar Gred"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Taru Cadera"]

Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud Noah Corek Noah Corek Taru Cadera Taru Cadera Mig Gred Mig Gred

“They’re stable, bit high on the blood pressure, but with the excitement around today she’s… holding.” Theo rubbed his eyes. “Could use another stim-ca.. ngh.”

Adara glared over at the physician, and his body went rigid. Any with the Force could sense the open gift of energy pouring from the endless fount of Adara’s sensibilities. His heart skipped. He caught his breath, the unnatural rejuvenation complete.

“Sorry, don’t know what… came over me. You’re right, we’ll keep her near the back, present but not too close…” Theo shook his head, finding a slight smile for Taozi & Asha.

“I think you will find in respectable society, marriage means a great deal more than a few lazy words and the ability to brawl back to back.” Ada pouted, her posture as demanding as her Panathan education. How could these… Mandalorians understand the pride and dependability of a Noble House marriage.

“We Fitz Kierkes are the Keepers of the Holies, my dear. The Elder Priesthood. We maintain the gods and goddesses, even with punishment of death on our shoulders. To have my eldest daughter, the mother of our future Heiress marry without the appropriate dignities would be… religiously unconscionable. When Magnus Zambrano threatened to murder us all for our piety, we hid the vessels and continued our practices from his heathen self-worship. On pain of torture we kept these gods and goddesses extolled. When his son took the throne, we brought them back, and crowned him in the Old Religion. Every step Panatha took for three thousand years has our family maintaining these traditions and gods. You wear beskar. I pray. Do not mistake piety for arrogance. We both fought for what we believe.” Back up, Ada pursed her lips, about to begin the galaxy’s best debate on the righteous qualities of a solid Panathan marriage, when another joyous and curious thing took place.

Yasha’s left hand curled up over the top of the offered cloak. Gripped in shivering fingers, the cloak was brought up to Yasha’s nose, and she breathed in the scent on it. The Vong Biot on her right arm shifted, which caused Tamar, Aditya and Theo to gasp and flinch. Theo shifted Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan and Noah’s sister Asha behind him. The air in the room felt siphoned away, horrific green flesh fluctuating over alien muscle and fibre.

The biot took hold of the cloak, milk-yellow eye blinking open from what used to be Yasha’s right shoulder. Its’ pale green lid blinked once more, tucking the cloak in around Yasha’s left side, as it tucked itself in on the right.

Lips pursed open, Yasha’s throat and lungs were worked like a bellows by the invasive alien, sound burbling out of immobile lips.

“Ner runi… Noa’ikk.”

The biot shifted Yasha in her hoverchair, as her amber eyes cleared and she coughed to clear her sore, hoarse throat. Theo heaved a sigh, moving away from the two women behind him.

“It’s learning Mando’a… Taozi, Asha, how is it learning…”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom