Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Green Bean's celebration [Friends or Invite!]

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Colette Colette Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"How I was at their age, hm? What's that supposed to mean?" She narrowed her eyes and raised and eyebrow at him. Of course, he knew about the interest in romantic novels she already had back then, but to think that was anything like ending up with a kid seemed a bit extreme to her.

"I wasn't that bad and they're not little kids anymore. They'll develop feelings for people and they will want to explore them if they feel ready for it, with whoever is interested in them as well. Doesn't mean they'll end up with a kid." She seemed a little annoyed now, mostly because he drew a parallel that felt like it suggested she would have been irresponsible and ended up with a child if the circumstances had been different back in the day.

"I think it's time for you to get them their cake," she then said rather flatly before walking away.

"People need the truth, but they need to hear it when they're ready, and sometimes in a way that lets them accept it." She chuckled, knowing that she was doing the opposite with the way she had called Colette out for liking Shan. "Sometimes, it's funny to just say it, though."

Vera then blinked at Aris when he seemed confused about gifts, "Yeah...we get people gifts for birthdays. Mine is soon, too! Do you want to celebrate ours together? I can get you a gift and you can get me-" she stopped, blinked again and watched her Mom walk out of the kitchen with a look she knew all too well. A look only her family would pick up on, as Valery tried not to sour the mood for others.

"Uh oh. Mom is angry."

Kahlil_Div2.png

".. Huh?"

Kahlil blinked slowly, looking from the cake to Valery. Oh. Oops. That wasn't exactly what he meant, but then again, he didn't know too much about how the talk went with Jedi. He ended up clearing his throat to instead focus on the cake. She wanted to let this focus on Shan, so he wasn't going to make a big deal of it. At least not publicly. <You saw Kara. Perhaps I'm being far too paranoid, I just worry. I didn't mean you were irresponsible. But also I haven't talked to Shan about anything like.. That, and I'm not sure if there's a class in the Temple to talk about y'know, safety. I wasn't trying to upset you.>

"Your birthday is soon?"

Aris tilted his head, thinking. Did he have a birthday? They celebrated a day a year for him, but it wasn't really his birthday, he knew that. Maybe it would be better to celebrate it with Vera. He smiled after a moment, nodding in agreement before glancing towards Valery as she walked out. Then into the kitchen where Kahlil was busying himself with the last touches to the cake.

"Dad put his foot in his mouth again."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

The Padawan nodded to Saria’s question. “That I am, I’m one of Master Kahlil’s Padawans alongside Shan.” Katherine continued to listen with a degree of amusement on her face. The way Saria was speaking made it sound as though the Mirialan had meticulously planned how she would become more social.

As someone else who studies a lot, there’s never too much time to study.” If there was one thing that Katherine had learned, it didn’t hurt to prepare yourself ahead of time. But time and the amount of learning you could do, did not go hand in hand very well. “It’s never too late to start making friends either, you’re already taking the first steps towards that.

Katherine flashed Saria a reassuring smile, before her attention shifted to what was going on around them. She immediately heard Aurra cheering about peasants rather than presents, and Cora trying to correct her.

She caught sight of Kahlil and Valery talking, though Katherine wasn’t able to overhear their conversation. However, when she saw the latter walk away, an annoyed expression on her face, Katherine grew concerned. Doubly so when she caught the confused look on Kahlil’s face.

As Saria commented on Shan’s actions, Katherine turned to look back towards where Shan and Colette were, tilting her head slightly as she watched them. For several moments it didn’t seem to click into place for Katherine, until it finally did.

Ooooh, they like one another?

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Mhmm and Mom is going to be difficult now." Which is exactly what Valery did. She walked out and didn't respond to the other things he said. Kara was a very different case to her, and they could easily talk to Shan and Colette about safety if it was even needed at all. But she just wanted to focus on the birthday, and Kahlil could make up for things later if he wanted to. If not, she was going to be a lot more pouty.

"But yeah!" Vera turned back to look at her brother with an excited grin.

"We'll celebrate together and I'm going to get you a gift!" She already had lots of ideas. From awesome new toys to something for their upcoming journeys as Jedi.

Maybe Mom could help her figure something out, too. She seemed to understand him really well when it came to the little things, just the way her Dad really understood her. Well, Dad also understood Aris... unless it concerned Aris being a troublemaker.

He was oblivious to that sometimes.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

“You deserve to see how many people you’re important to.”

The words seemed to repeat in Colette’s head as she looked at Shan in what she could only explain away as surprise.

“You’re important.”

Those words were the take-away. The kid felt her heart sink for a moment. She grabbed the stupid green-skinned boy’s shoulders for a moment to truly get his attention. For a moment longer she felt both panic and hesitation pulse through her every muscle. Her mind was telling her this was positively the worst idea she had ever had, but…

Her lips were planted right on his left cheek with a pathetic little grin before she practically pushed Shan away. Ko arrived, it was the perfect distraction. Escape mode was active and she had already practically bolted out of there by the time Shan was even able to respond.

She had a room to hide out in. That would suffice for the next five minutes as she considered the easiest way to get off-planet. After that, maybe a new name. Maybe she could find a nice agrarian planet and start over as a farmhand, maybe at a bantha farm. Somewhere with nice hills and fresh air.

Oh god.

Ooooh, they like one another?

“Indubitably,” Saria remarked with a grin. “Look at their body language. It’s quite apparent, really.”

Sure enough, everything seemed to fall into place, and Colette moved in to plant a kiss on her friend’s cheek, though she rather quickly rushed off and out of the Noble’s apartment. Saria couldn’t help but feel a swell of emotion. It was like those trashy novels she so often read playing out before her eyes, which was certainly entertaining, but more so she was happy for Shan. He was a hard working young man, and a studious Jedi. He had earned this.

“Balderdash,” Saria sighed, giving a playful smirk. “I forgot my camera at home. I would have loved to save that. Oh well.”

At the very least it was something to tease Shan about if she ever wanted to get back at him for the stress he caused her. That was a fair enough trade, or at least she thought so.

“How are you doing over there, Shan?”

Aha! Ko was finally here! Shan was practically beaming with joy at the sight of his friend and prepared to head on over towards the Kel-Dor. That was until Colette grabbed him by the shoulders and Shan turned his head over towards her, tilting his head at the sight of her. "Colette? Is everything fine? Do you nee-" The Mirialan was silenced before he could even finish his sentence as Colette gave him a kiss on the cheek...and then practically pushed the Mirialan away as he stumbled, waving his arms around ever so slightly to make sure he didn't hit the ground. His cheeks started to burn at the realisation of what happened, as Shan watched Colette run straight out of the room. Was he meant to run after her? Or should he stay here with everyone else? Maybe Colette just needed time?

The sound of his heartbeat practically silenced everything else as he could hear the thumping loud and clear between his ears. Shaking his head to snap out of it as Saria Rae Saria Rae asked how she was doing and Shan just blinked in her direction. Pointing at himself...and then in the direction that Colette had run off. "Did...Did I do something wrong?" He tilted his head, not sure if he had done something to upset Colette. She was running off after kissing him. So he must have been the problem, right? "...Master Kahlil. Did I do something wrong?" Shan turned his attention over towards his Master next, trying to figure out what on Niv Hani had just happened.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Saria Rae Saria Rae Colette Colette Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Last edited:

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"He doesn't have a clue," Vera said with a giggle and a shake of her head. He was a lot older than her, but somehow even more oblivious about these things. Maybe he just needed to watch more holo-tv shows because they show a lot of these things. Should she invite Shan over to come watch a few with her?

She blinked, then looked at Aris.

"I'm going to find Colette and cheer her up. Maybe you can go to Mom and tell her to stop being angry at Dad? It's cake time, and everybody should be happy during cake time." She nodded, even though going after Colette Colette meant she'd be missing out on the cake too.

But her big sis was more important.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I will."

Aris nodded once to Vera. It was up to them to put out the fires that had been set if only to make sure Shan had an enjoyable birthday. So as Vera went to find Colette, Aris walked up to Valery. Gently tugged on her shirt.

"Dad can say dumb things but he always loves you and always means well." The blunt truth, the way Aris knew best how to say.

"There are many things I can teach you, Shan. But there are things you have to learn on your own. This is one of those things." Kahlil bit back a chuckle as he looked at Shan's utterly confused face. Perhaps his worry was way out of bounds. Then again, he did have well over a hundred siblings. He set down the cake on the table, idly traced a rune in the air to set the candles all ablaze.

"I'll at least give a hint, though. Be sure to listen to what she says." And not take them at face value as he'd just done earlier, but that was another of those lessons that Shan needed to learn on his own.

"Now, though. Cake."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Valery Noble Valery Noble

"Did...Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh, Shan..." Saria sighed, a pang of empathy welling up within her. The Mirialan walked over, placing a hand on the shoulder of her friend. "You're fine. I estimate that Miss Colette may just be nervous. Sometimes emotions of that nature can be a daunting endevor. Just give the matter some time to ruminate over. Things should sort themselves out..."

That was the hope, anyways. Interpersonal relationships were a grey area for Saria, of course, at least on such a level as here. She could really only echo the advise that she had heard from her adoptive father. Master Kahlil gave his own wisdom, less clear, but still insightful. It probably ghelped that he was a married man. Surely he would have far more in depth experience on the matter of complex feelings of romantic love. She most certainly didn't.

"Now, though. Cake."

"Ah, splendid," the padawan nodded. "That will do just fine. Stuff your face and try to forget about it for now. Leave all the questioning and the internal socratic seminar for later."

He'd have time for that later on. Now was still a time for him to celebrate growing.

Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Katherine Holt Katherine Holt , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Colette Colette , Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor , Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , Braze Braze
(This is a jet-lagged phone post. Please forgive me.)

Suffice it to say, Rayia had not exactly been invited to the party. She had made only the barest of acquaintances with Shan, having briefly seen him during some missions. But it was fascinating what she could overhear if she put her mind to it. She had heard rumors of a party being held in Shan’s honor and had quickly realized the hosts wished to keep it discreet. The occasional whisper of murmured voices floating on the wind, picked up by twitching, curious ears. The secretive way people shuffled around the corner. All signs pointed towards surprising Shan with this gathering.

Rayia honestly found it confusing. ‘Why would you not want to celebrate surviving another year openly?’ She thought to herself. Birthdays had always been an impressive spectacle within the Feral Queen’s tribe. She could still remember the sharp crackle hiss of juice from the roasting meat falling into the fire. The way the skin seemed to gleam and grow crispy, brown flakes cracking away to reveal darkening flesh beneath. Cookfires burning long into the night and dawn. And then the morning of her twenty-fifth birthday…

Rayia shut her eyes tight, pursing her lips as painful memories threatened to overwhelm her. ‘It was all leading up to that, wasn’t it? Mom held such huge celebrations because she knew she’d not see us again…’ Bitterness threatened to overwhelm her. Rayia shook her head furiously, pushing such thoughts out. Her ears flattened back in shame. “Never mind that now. You’re here for him, not yourself,” she reminded herself as she raised a hand to knock.

Tmp. Tmp. Her knuckles lightly wrapped on the door as her right hand dove into the red, leather pouch by her belt. Her clawed fingers grasped a hold of something wrapped in cloth. One end seemed thicker, whilst the other tapered to a point about 8 inches away. In the tradition of the tribe, she had forged Shan a fang. Perhaps an odd choice of gift for someone so profoundly pacifistic, but there was symbolism behind the gift as well. To carry a fang made by another was to have their protection with you at all times. As soon as as her tail bristled with the displacement of air and vibrations of movement it detected, Rayia would hold up the humble gift and say, “Hi, I hope I’m not too late. I made this for Shan and it took me a while.”

Last edited:
Listen to what she says? All Shan did was listen! He was just worried that he had upset Colette somehow. She was normally fine with him. He never expected her to be the kind of person to run away after kissing them...Why did she even kiss him in the first place...His eyes went over towards the cake, as the Mirialan just pouted ever so slightly. He had wanted Colette to have had a piece but she had ran off...and now Vera had went off after her as well. None of this was anything Shan had wanted to happen...Though Saria then mentioned something that finally got the slow cogs in Shan's head turning. Emotions. Kissing...Colette clearly saw him as family!...Wait no. That wouldn't make sense either...It was some kind of emotion...and he had to actually listen to Colette. But not listen like he normally did, but really listen...By the Force. Why were people so confusing.

Either way, the Mirialan prepared to go get some cake, up until he heard someone knocking on the door, as Shan ran off to check on the door first, opening it up to show Rayia Si Rayia Si ! The Padawan just threw his arms around his...acquaintance? friend? before stepping back. The more people the merrier for his party. It wasn't something he had hosted for himself, but that made it better if he was being honest. "No! You aren't late. We're about to have cake." Shan pointed over towards the cake, hurrying off towards it so he could actually have a slice. Maybe eating would make it easier for him not to have to worry about people.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Saria Rae Saria Rae

Ticket. Ticket. Ticket. Ticket.

A finger swept along the surface of a pad in a hurry. Ticket prices from New Cov were through the roof it would seem. At least if she wanted to leave at any point within the coming week, and they didn't get any better with each refresh of the page. Colette threw the pad onto her bed and began pacing in her room.

"Huge mistake. Bad idea. Shouldn't have done that." She muttered repeatedly as she went back and forth. "No escape."

There was a knock on the door. Judging by the signature, it was Vera. Colette froze in place and held her breath. This was it. If she held her breath she would probably disappear in the force and the kid would just sort of disappear. That was definitely how it worked. Yep yep. Colette kept her breath for a surprising amount of time before Vera knocked again and Colette had to gasp for air in the noise.

"Colette, I know you're in there."

"No I'm not." Colette insisted. "I am, uh— shit."

The door handle turned but was met with resistance. It was the resistant factor of a chair that had been propped neatly against the door to keep everyone the hell out while she jumped out the window and made a break for the jungle where she could be met with a swift and painful death at the hand of whatever wildlife caught her first.

Vera knocked again and Colette let out another sigh before she undid the chair and tried to open the door just a little. Except the little brat barged on in and—

Oh. Colette had expected the kid to kick while she was done, but what she got instead was a hug. She returned Vera's hug with another gentle sigh as she closed her eyes to try and drown out the noise and the hurt of her own stupidity.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Colette Colette

It was up to the younger generation of Nobles to save the day.

Vera took this extremely serious, especially because it concerned Colette — the older girl was like a big sister to her, and she had sworn to always protect her siblings. Both to her parents, and to Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield all those years ago. So, after some rather persistent knocking, the door was finally opened and before Colette could utter a word, Vera pulled her into a hug for as long as Colette would allow it.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel bad, Colette," Vera began by the time she pulled back. "But please don't leave. It's okay to feel a little silly because of this stuff, and well... Shan is too clueless to really know what happened anyway." She giggled a little and reached for Colette's hand to take it.

"It's also cake time, and you're not leaving before we've had some cake!"

Meanwhile, Valery stood with her arms crossed in front of her chest, grumbling a little to herself while Kahlil came into the living room with the cake. Why had he said those things? Did he-

She blinked when Aris tugged on her shirt, and looked down at her son with a smile. But before she could ask him what was up, he said something that drew her out of her thoughts. "I-" she paused and chuckled, then reached for his head to ruffle his hair, "I know, sweetie. I'll go talk to him." She let out a soft sigh, then walked over to her husband and lovingly wrapped one arm around his waist, while the cake was about to be devoured by everybody.

"Sorry for being angry with you, love." She pushed herself up and kissed his cheek. "I love you, and I think you did a great job with the cake."

"...oh and Aris thinks you sometimes say dumb things to me, when you actually mean well."
She waggled her brows and had a real smug look for him now.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Aris gave Valery a firm nod and a thumbs up. He was half tempted to ask for some cocoa since she seemed to appreciate his words so much, but she wanted to go talk to dad right away so.. He held back. At least for the moment. He'd get some later. Right now though he needed to fix his hair since mom had decided to mess it up. He frowned a little as he did, but the smile soon returned as he watched the little awkward moment between Valery and Kahlil commence.

Kahlil snorted, just a little. It didn't surprise him at all that Aris had called him dumb, and despite the happy expression he'd had with Valery coming over to at least give him a hug again instead of glaring at him couldn't remain with that surprise of information. He returned the hug, though. Frowned just a little. Embarrassment, not annoyance or anything like that. "I'm sorry too. I just.. Jedi don't really- And my dad is- .. There wasn't ever a time I learned about.. Y'know." He cleared his throat. He wasn't about to go into detail about contraceptives in the middle of a birthday party for his Padawan.

But he did want to explain some things, which was again leading to foot in mouth. He cleared his throat again.

"I'm just sorry."

Valery Noble Valery Noble / Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"It's alright, Vera." Colette sighed. "Thank you."

She let herself be whisked away by the kid and quietly stepped back into the room where the party was still going. This time however she stuck to the walls and gave it a very comfortable lean. Despite her foolishness, she did still want to celebrate her friend.

As such, whenever Shan looked in her direction she would give him a rather awkward thumbs up and look for the closest spot on the floor that took her eyes off of him long enough to look back up again and then away.

For now it was cake time. Then hiding time again.

Of course, as soon as the cake was ready to cut, Shan went over to slice a few...well...slices. Cutting the bits of cake. Though instead of eating the cake straight away, Shan wandered over towards the others around the house instead, giving them pieces of cake. It might have been his birthday, but he always thought about others first. There was obviously...something happening with Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , so Shan was going to leave them for last when it came to giving them cake.

But first to receive cake was Colette Colette ! Though it was more of a hit and run, with him just dropping the plate next to her and then moving to the next person. Making sure to give everyone here a single slice of cake. He didn't have much of a sweet tooth anyway for himself, and in his eyes, this was his way of paying back for all of the gifts. The entire idea of receiving gifts and not having to give them back wasn't something that ever went through the Padawan's mind.

Once he was finished handing out the cake, he finally sat himself down, ready to enjoy a slice. Though he found himself...lacking an appetite all of a sudden. Well, it wasn't all of a sudden. Ever since Colette had kissed his cheek, Shan's stomach kept feeling like it was twisting and turning. Doing little backflips and fluttering around...Maybe he was getting sick. Did Colette have some kind of germ that had caused this?...Was this what space cooties were? No. No. He researched diseases before. There was no such thing as space cooties.

(I'd tag everyone but that's a lot of work so erh...everyone gets cake!)

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Colette Colette

"You're doing it again," Valery smirked, then chuckled and quickly pulled him in for a peck on the lips to show that everything was fine. Nothing too much though. Not with all these Padawans around, even though they were likely distracted by the cake Shan was offering now. "I understand where it was coming from, and we'll handle things. For now, let's enjoy the party." She reached for his hand to squeeze it and turned around to where Aris had been.

"I'm going to make him some cocoa. I know it's what he wants, and he earned it." Valery smiled at her son and started heading towards the kitchen, so he'd know what she was going to prepare for him.

"Aris, your hair looks messy," Vera said with a grin after heading back into the living room with Colette. He had already fixed it up for the most part, but she knew that it'd mess with him just a little bit if she poked fun at his hair.

Vera then watched Colette go for a quiet spot and narrowed her eyes. "Come onnn, we need to get some cake!" Vera sighed. Sometimes, she just couldn't understand Colette at all.

Last edited:
"He also hasn't watched season three of Uptown Manor. You know...if you wanted to catch up..."

"He hasn't?" She mused quietly. "I'd like that."

The lack of hesitation in Cora's answer surprised even herself. Then again, what was wrong with watching a holoshow with someone? It certainly didn't carry as much pretext as a kiss on the cheek.

An act which left Cora stunned into silence. Did Colette Colette really just plant one on Shan Pavond Shan Pavond in front of a group of people? She almost went after the flustered girl, but stopped short when Vera trailed after the fleeing Padawan.

Poor Shan was left feeling as though he'd done something wrong, but the situation was soon smoothed over by Colette's return and the introduction of cake.

"Remember when we used to be the pair who'd gotten caught kissing?" There was a wistful longing in her voice, eyes unfocused on some distant, but pleasant memory.

Fortunately, they weren't close enough to overhear the contraceptive conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom