Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a friendly hobo here, time to introduce myself.

G'day, chaps.

Name's a friendly hobo. You can all call me Hobo.

I'm extremely new to this form of RP. I'm mostly used to IRC based RP, so I have about a ton of questions. Where would I go about asking them? I'd love to be one-on-one with someone who knows what's going on.

Star Wars lore is so immense, I don't know about a sixth of it. I could use some help on that, that's for sure.

Anyway, looking forward do RPing around here in the future.

Carn Dista

C
I'm all for helping friendly hobos. If you get stuck with anything or need a hand, feel free to give me a shout. :)

Welcome to chaos!

Wow, so many people willing to help!

Well, first of all, the timeline seems a little sketchy. When exactly does this all take place? During the Republic? Galactic civil war? after?

It'll effect any characters I make.

Zius Aurus said:
*Swoops down out of the blue and snatches up in coat, flying away,* Shhhhh.
Did you just kidnap me? I feel like you just kidnapped me. Where are we going?

On a whirlwind ride through time and space? To a land with castles and cities? Where all my dreams will come true?

GASP! ARE WE GOING TO DISNEYLAND?

In simple terms, I understand this RP forum takes place 835 after the Battle of Yavin.

There has been galactic turmoil, tragedy, war, rebuild and who knows what along the centuries but NOW we are at a point where our characters form the backbone of new, old and current factions like the Republic, the Empire and the CIS and make their own way in the galaxy at a time where anything is possible. There is no "right" or "wrong" way of taking this forward, it's just moving on from pretty much everything we already know about the Star Wars Universe and giving us a big, wide open galaxy to play in!

You are a small cog in a much wider machine from where you choose to start, but a little cog can make a big difference in the galaxy so follow your destiny in any Role Play and see where your journey takes you and what you can, and will, become...

:)

Ben Trasker said:
In simple terms, I understand this RP forum takes place 835 after the Battle of Yavin.

There has been galactic turmoil, tragedy, war, rebuild and who knows what along the centuries but NOW we are at a point where our characters form the backbone of new, old and current factions like the Republic, the Empire and the CIS and make their own way in the galaxy at a time where anything is possible. There is no "right" or "wrong" way of taking this forward, it's just moving on from pretty much everything we already know about the Star Wars Universe and giving us a big, wide open galaxy to play in!

You are a small cog in a much wider machine from where you choose to start, but a little cog can make a big difference in the galaxy so follow your destiny in any Role Play and see where your journey takes you and what you can, and will, become...

:)
Well bugger, that puts a big ol' wrench in the works for my character. I had figured my first character would be the Mando daughter of a clone and a Mandolorian woman. I guess I'll have to cut that bit now. All the clones would be loooong gone.

No, not at all!

There are plenty of clones active around the RPs here! As I said, there is no right or wrong character to use! This clone could be one kept in storage, or came to light years later, or was continued simply from the Clone Wars itself in a big production line, so to speak.

Don't let the timeline limit your imagination because in Star Wars, anything can happen. :)

Go for your character!

Ben Trasker said:
No, not at all!

There are plenty of clones active around the RPs here! As I said, there is no right or wrong character to use! This clone could be one kept in storage, or came to light years later, or was continued simply from the Clone Wars itself in a big production line, so to speak.

Don't let the timeline limit your imagination because in Star Wars, anything can happen. :)

Go for your character!
So... literally anything goes?

That's pretty neat.

Welcome to the boards! "Anything goes" is pretty much the norm here (as evidenced by yours truly). There are some restrictions, like no gods, Celestials, you can't start as a Jedi Master or Sith Lord, that kind of power gaming type of thing. But by and large, if it's a character you want to give life to, go for it! And if it doesn't work, can it and write another. Or ten. Or six hundred. :)

Jack Sparrow said:
Welcome to the boards! "Anything goes" is pretty much the norm here (as evidenced by yours truly). There are some restrictions, like no gods, Celestials, you can't start as a Jedi Master or Sith Lord, that kind of power gaming type of thing. But by and large, if it's a character you want to give life to, go for it! And if it doesn't work, can it and write another. Or ten. Or six hundred. :)
So... Zeus is out of the question?

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
And if you give them candy? @[member="Fabula Cavataio"] *makes noise with empty candy paper in her hand*

Welcome, @a friendly hobo ! Never think the clones are gone. The clones are never gone.

Yes, anything goes, apply a pinch of common sense and when in doubt, open up a thread in forums like Roleplay Discussion or the Water Cooler. People are always very helpful. Also, different people know different parts of the lore. Eventually, you learn who you want to talk about technology or anything else.

Oh, and have fun! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom