Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Forgotten World: Mandalorian Empire/Clans of Mandalore Dominion of Nellogant

As [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] spoke of Phrik, Adenn could tell that she loved the substance for some reason. Yes it may have been a good substance, but it also had its downsides. Then again, most things had downsides. And then she began to talk about bloody snow, and that was rather, unique. Adenn knew that Aditya and [member="Yasha Cadera"] had spent some time in hell itself, but that it snowed, and snowed blood red was different.

Shaking those thoughts from his mind, Adenn didn't comment on it. Different place, different weather. Then Aditya turns at his pat, and he can see her smile. She said that if they escape unbruised she'd cook him dinner. So, Aditya didn't know him that well then, seeing as he hardly, if ever, escaped any form of combat unharmed in any way, and he told her so.
"Aditya," he chuckled lightly, "you may escape unbruised, but me. No matter what'll happen, I'll be injured someway. And that's perfectly fine with me. But I will still gladly accept a free dinner."

Then the Mand'alor gets into it as well, talking about her past as if the rest of them weren't there. Shaking his head to himself, Adenn instead observed the surrounding area. He only listened to the two of them with half an ear. Then Aditya goes on to talk about going down, before she does the exact opposite. She had the Mand'alor throw her spear and used it to jump across to the other side of the ravine. As Aditya patted his shoulder, Adenn merely sighed, seeing the inevitable and knowing it would do no good to fight it.

Unsurprisingly, Aditya made it over safe and sound. Now he'd have to go over as well, and if the group went down, then Aditya would be near the back of the group. Speaking of, [member="Valdus Bral"] spoke around then. He said they'd be heading down, and Adenn couldn't help but turn to gaze at Aditya. Once so, he crossed his arms and shook his head in amusement, more work for her. Valdus then said they'd travel down in pairs, Adenn looked around and snorted to himself. He looked around and snorted again, there could be enough people, or there could not be.

Either way, it mattered little to Adenn. If he couldn't use his jetpack because it was too cold, then he'd get down another way. The way everyone else was going seemed to be rather bland, I mean seriously, just walking down was boring as all hell. With that thought in mind, Adenn reached into his pouch and began to unwind a rather long cable. It was similar to a bungy cable in that it would help cushion a fall, but it was also similar to metals in its durability. At its end was a sharp and jagged hook, excellent for climbing.

Letting the edge fall to the ground, Adenn stretched out the rest of the cable for a bit. When it was a short line, Adenn picked it up and spin it experimentally at his side a few times. Satisfied that it was good, he pulled the edge until it was in his hand.
"Walking down seems rather bland, apologies, but I prefer a more direct approach." Adenn chuckled then and looked around for a nice premade crag.

He found one shortly, and immediately jabbed the hook into it. Securing it tightly, Adenn readied himself to jump. First though he looked around, he observed those that were there and their dour mood. Then he took in the Mand'alor and her mother, noting that both seemed rather relaxed all things considering. Finally, he observed himself. He was, what many would say at least, a madman. He'd done things he had no right to, and survived things lesser people would've died to, and he was still alive. Yet, here he was going to challenge that statement again.

Laughing to himself, Adenn pointed a finger at Aditya, then waggled it in a no gesture. After that, he turned to the rest of the groupd and gave a two finger mock salute.
"I'll see you vod at the bottom, or somewhere on the way down. Have fun, and if anyone wants to follow, go for it." Adenn laughed then before turning to the edge.

Chuckling again, Adenn got a running start to the edge ready. He looked back at the group one time before he took off. Laughing almost maniacally, Adenn jumped off the cliff, holding the chain, but not letting it slow himself down. His momentum brought him close to the middle before gravity took over and he was falling down. That was how his part in the mission would start, him jumping off a cliff and down to the bottom, where life lay.

[member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="The Skald"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Laandur Solus"]

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
Tyran shifted uncomfortably in his beskar'gam, it was his first time using a silicar layer to stay warm. In fact this contained a whole lot of firsts for him. It was the first time he'd worked with a larger group of Mando'ade, it was his first time working with a lot of the Mando'ade in this group though he knew some of them by name and reputation. It was also the first mission he'd undertaken since the death of his parents. It wasn't something that was extremely hard to live with, it happened frequently in their culture. He was just lucky that he'd grown into manhood so they could see him become a good soldier. That being said though he was the last of his family and that fact had been nagging at him for the last couple weeks. The Numeck homestead had become rather large and empty with him just walking its rooms so when this job opportunity had come along he'd jumped at it, which wasn't very typical of him since he was more of a solitary merc.

Maybe he was just lonely. Regardless he stood there at the back of the group of gathered Mandalorians as [member="Valdus Bral"] gave his speech about what they were likely to find and how difficult the mission would be. Tyran didn't expect anyone to turn around and head back to the ships and no one did so the group pressed onward through the hailstorm until they came to their first obstacle and deliberated how to traverse it.

The winds prevented the use of jetpacks or repulsors. The suggested method was to walk two at a time down the slopes while staying close to the walls but there were a few in the group who felt that method a little too...mundane. Tyran watched as one vaulted across the cavern and then watched as another set himself a rappelling line and dropped down off the edge of the cliff. He was certainly in the right company. Of the options presented to him Tyran had to like [member="Adenn Kyramud"]'s method the best.

The chain was holding steady so he shrugged. "Why not?" And sprinted off after Adenn and leaping off the edge into ravine, gripping the chain to guide himself down the edge of the wall.

Objective: 2

Lori looked up to [member="Yasha Cadera"] as she offered to give her a piggyback ride. At first she wondered if it would be embarrassing for her. But then she thought....how often would she get the chance to do so again? Especially before she grew up? Probably NEVER.

Others were finding different ways down the cliffside, and it really made Lori wish that her jetpack fuel wasn't slush. Then she could jump off too.

Anti-gravity spears were a new thing for her. She'd never even heard of them before. But now she was able to see them in action. It made her wonder what else they could be used for besides scaling down a canyon cliffside.

"I'll hop on your back." And hop she did. Or maybe it was a leap, albeit a bit clumsy of one. Lori clambered up Yasha's back until she could wrap her arms around her shoulders and her legs about her waist. "Onward noble steed!" Lori giggled-snorted. Who else could get away with such a thing besides family?

Lauudur stuck to the back of the group, not really saying much. No one seemed to hear or care about his question at first, but [member="Valdus Bral"] soon answered. Phrik. Both parts of it were here. Incredible. Just incredible. This was actually interesting. In all honestly, it was the only thing he thought was interesting on the whole trip. Even the people there. Maybe he had been involved in recon a bit too long. Then again, he never found people too interesting. Ok... maybe one more thing was interesting. How a world could possibly be this cold. At least his thermal scope picked up everyone quite easily.

After some time the group came to a large canyon-like area with some odd ice arches that'd serve as decent bridges. Apparently they were dangerous, though he couldn't see it. Ok. Maybe he needed a break from the Night Witches if he didn't see the danger in this. Alor Bral suggested that people go across in pairs, but he soon saw [member="Yasha Cadera"] vault [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] across the fissure with her spear. She asked if anyone else wanted to go, and Laandur stepped back with a nod. "If you're willing Mand'alor." When ready, the man quickly run up and used the spear to jump cross.

A Forgotten World: The Frozen Divide
ice_planet_2_by_alexson1_d8grmm6-pre.jpg
The wind howled louder as the party descended deeper into the fissure in various means. Those who stayed in contact with the ice and the walls of the cavern would feel harsh gusts of wind that could easily unbalance those who were not wholly focused on the task at hand. Those who were not descending the fissure with a large amount of surface contact (i.e diving into the canyon) would find that they would be quickly pushed farther away from the party, the wind only increasing the farther down they went. It would be impossible for them to dodge every bridge and ice formation within the canyon without some form of rocket propulsion, but even then, inevitably they would impact some formation that formed the icy lattice. It was apparent to all that the canyon would become even more dangerous as the ice bridges thinned, the gale increased, and the possibility that those diving in head-long may end up damaging once perfectly viable ice bridges and formations. There was a long way to go, roughly 2 kilometers of ice to descend, if the grounded party made a conscious effort to descend the bridges carefully, they would find themselves three-fourths of the way to their destination.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Laandur Solus"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Tyran Numeck"]

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
Objective: 1 Minerals to Plunder for Mandalore
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] @Aditya Fitz Kierke [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Laandur Solus"] [member="Tyran Numeck"]

“Then I’ll make soup. Least you can suck that up a straw, if we wire your jaw shut.” Pondered that, before I said it. If this guy is going to be Medics McGee, then at least I can plan ahead.

“See you on the flip side.” So most of them are going down. I can see their positions from mine on the other side, and project the best potential routes down from my armour computer to each of their HUD’s. Overlacing coloured lines, showing how much weight certain places could hold, resting points, and potentially unstable shales of ice.

Hey, if all I am is a woman shaped scanner, then so be it, right?

“Oy! Kyramuddy! Don’t break your neck!” Gosh darn idjit’s going to break his neck… but if he breaks his neck, then he’d have to remove his helmet and wear a neck brace… “Break your neck! Just not irreversibly!”

What? A girl’s got to see what she’s been flirting with. He might have a mole. That would spoil everything. The wind’s killer, and I trigger the cletes on my boots, digging in, while I send Yasha coordinates for peoples’ jumps to the side.

“The jumpers… are they leaning too f-aawhhh… we got any medics? Might need some medics.” I wince. Someone is going to get schmucked in the technical sense, by a bridge of ice. I just know it.

I start down the walking way, spotting the paths of the rappellers, and notice out of the corner of my HUD that Yasha has Loreena on her back.

Well… if that isn’t the cutest thing I’ve seen in five times forever, I’ve been blind for a hundred years. I try not to let Yasha know I’ve seen her, my daughter doing something fun. Gosh darn fun… she might stop if she knows I’ve watched it.

Beth was… Not very happy, about the intensity of this planet. The wind, the cold, and the general instinct which told her to get the kark out really should have been enough for Beth. But no, she just had to come. Of course she did. Nonetheless, she listened and watched with interest as Yasha speared people across the gulf and Adenn being crazy. Nonetheless, she did see a Mandalorian she wasn’t quite sure she knew - [member="Tyran Numeck"]. But… That kid ended up running off right after Adenn.

Beth chose to follow along with Valdus in what seemed like a more safe option. At least, unless his armored weight collapsed the bridges… In which case, well… Kark. That would probably be pretty bad. Following closely behind Valdus, she went. She wasn’t sure what propulsion had to do with it – Beth didn’t have any either.

Finally, after he went forward, she carefully ascended onto the second one following Valdus down the tunnels.

After several more minutes of walking, Beth began to visibly notice the temperature difference. “Huh, it’s getting warmer,” she muttered through her comms. That might be good. Or might be bad, considering they were walking on literal ice. Oh gosh… Her heart began to beat faster, fear rising. She really did not want to end up with a fall like last time. A situation which had instilled a fairly big fear of heights.

Goddess help.

Objective: 2 Find the Moss Plants
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Tyran Numeck"]

“Sure, Laandur! Anybody else want to travel via spear?” Yasha threw any who wanted, using the gravitational modification properties of the Longinus spear to shoot them along. Every one who wished for it received, until finally it was Yasha’s turn.

Everyone except for one very special guest of honour. Lori. Bending down on one knee, Yasha chuckled as Loreena scurried up Yasha’s back and hung on. Taking one arm under her cousin’s leg, Yasha continued to laugh.

“Comfy? Then… huzzah and onward!!” The planet was oppressively harsh. Sort of place which drained a person before they got to safety, until they didn’t care to survive. Many a place in her childhood was much the same… but for Yasha and Aditya’s Epicanthix disposition to be incredibly mentally guarded, and the vast experiences they survived. Making a bit of a ‘steed-like neigh’, Yasha tilted her helmet clad head back for her cousin. “You know the trick of a place like this, Lori? Never let it see you doubt yourself. Stay happy, and it’s got less power to ruin your vibe.”

“… yeeaaaahhh… can we get a medic on Numeck and Kyramud? For the bits that are left?” Careful as she crossed the ice bridge (and using her spear to modify the gravity around her to make it a simpler process physics-wise), Yasha continued onward, hefting her cousin higher up once in a while and honestly glad for the company.

“See any cool plants, yet?” Knowing there was none, Yasha slid down another path, veering closer to her daughter [member="Beth Cadera"]. “What about you, sunspot? Counting the degrees to warmness? Hey, bet you we get down first.”

A motherly hand on Beth’s shoulder. The forward momentum toward a new land. “Hey, Aditya! Hurry up!”

Adenn heard what Aditya said about making him soup. He’d have to take her up on that offer sometime. And he said as much.
I’d love to try some of your soup.” He chuckled then, smirking behind his helmet.

Then he was off, and he got a listing of what was weaker, and what was stronger. He also heard her say not to break his neck, and then that he should break his neck, but not irreversibly. So, even now she wanted to see his face. Before he could reply though, Adenn was being pushed away from the group, and noted that someone had followed him.

Flipping around while falling, Adenn looked up and saw the other Mando. Smirking to himself, he fell back towards the wall slowly.
Follow if you dare vod, where I tread, few dare to follow, and let’s make it a race.” He laughed maniacally again then.

Not a moment later, he hit the wall where he’d started from. That didn’t slow him down, no, instead he used it to speed himself up. The moment he hit the wall, he pushed himself off the wall, and towards the other side, and right over an ice bridge. In fact, he almost hit it, actually, he partially did, Adenn stretched his arm out and grazed his arm across the walkway, leaving a shallow furrow in it where his hand trailed along.

That action exhilarated Adenn, and then he hit the other wall running. Not just running, no, he was running down towards the bottom of the fissure. Below him were more and more ice bridges, too many to dodge. Then again, it wouldn’t be fun or a challenge if it were easy. With that, Adenn kept running, spinning on his heel and through 3 ice bridges and straight through a fourth one.

The fourth ice bridge was weak thankfully, but it still hurt Adenn, who couldn’t feel it because of the adrenaline. Laughing again, Adenn kept running straight down, picking up speed. At this point, every other step was a sidestep so that he wouldn’t hit a bridge. Calling over his shoulder to the Mando who had followed him.
How are you holding up slow poke?

Then he jumped off the wall and towards the other, straight through another cluster of ice bridges, but leaving several furrows across them. It was extremely exhilarating for Adenn, and then he hit the other wall in a roll. That sped him up even farther, but let Adenn feel that his jetpack wasn’t as sloshy anymore, and that the air was warmer. Rolling down that wall, Adenn suddenly jumped back towards the middle, and towards another weak ice bridge.

He rolled up into a ball, smashing through it and slowing down some more. That simply wouldn’t do for Adenn, who kept going to the other wall, slamming into it with a shoulder. Grunting in annoyance, Adenn slid to his side, stretching the other arm above him, noting that he was almost at the bottom. Then he pressed his legs up under himself, and dove towards a middle ice bridge, grabbing onto the edges of it, flipping over it and falling down towards the bottom.

This was the final stretch for Adenn, one he planned to finish with style. Letting out a yell of joy, Adenn jumped towards the wall and running down once more. At the last second, where the ice started to curve, he jumped forward, past it and partially hitting a final ice bridge on purpose. That one hurt like hell, but Adenn ignored it, instead using his jetpack to slow himself down. It wasn’t much, but it was enough.

The jetpack burst slowed him considerably, but Adenn still fell forward. When he hit the ground, he hit it hard, with the same shoulder from earlier. Then he rolled forward for a few meters, towards where the group would come down. That slowed him down enough, before he suddenly got up on his feet slightly and skidded to a halt in a 3-point landing stance. His right hand was inches above the ground, his legs spread out behind him slightly, supporting his weight, and his left arm was leaned against his left knee, looking oddly out of place.

Adenn then straightened himself up, looking around. Life could be felt down here, but Adenn ignored that, instead he looked towards the rest of the group, still far above him, and to the person who had followed him. The Mando hadn’t made it to the bottom yet, at least not in Adenns eyes. Smirking then, Adenn opened his comms to everyone.
Come on you slow pokes! Life and adventure await us all.

Shaking himself, Adenn noted that he had popped his left shoulder during the fall. Along with that, his armor was sporting several new rashes across the jetpack, chest plate, and scratches up and down the armor that hadn’t been there before. Hissing in pain and annoyance, Adenn popped his arm back into the socket. That hurt him more, but he only let out another grunt of pain before looking himself over again.

Adenn was basically ready to fight, if one ignored all the shrapnel from the bridges in him. Shaking himself, Adenn let whatever ice was on him fall off himself. He’d let the medics do the rest of the work, if they really had too. Other than that, he looked up and walked towards where the main group would come down. There he’d wait until they got there. The entire time though, Adenn was smirking from behind his helmet. That had been the most fun he’d had in some time, but it had also hurt him, but Adenn suppressed that pain.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="The Skald"] [member="Laandur Solus"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Tyran Numeck"] [member="Valdus Bral"][member="Tarre Saxon"]

Tyran Numeck

Tyran fell fast, probably a bit faster than he would have liked but now that he had been challenged well speed was key. Traversing the wall of the ravine was easier said than done with all of it's outcroppings of rock and ice, some of which was razor sharp. He avoided some but he felt the sting of more than a few shards of ice cutting through his flightsuit. None of them hurt so much as hitting that first ice bridge did. Tyran impacted the right side of the structure with enough momentum to punch right through it. Instantly his whole left arm went numb and he knew that his left forearm had been broken.

"I'm still coming, vod." He said into the shared comlink. The ice bridge had slowed him down and sent him into a bit of a spin, but he quickly righted himself with a few short bursts from his jetpack and regained that speed he'd lost. He straightened out his body like an arrow and shot downwards, only shifting his body weight around to narrowly miss other jagged outcroppings of rock. When the next ice bridge started rising up to meet him he saw the hole that Adenn had made. What he did next would either wind up with him being critically injured, maybe even dead, if he judged the distance wrong.

Tyran lined himself up with the hole and just barely threaded the needle, the ice scraping the paint from his armor and adding a few more cuts and scrapes to his body. He could see the bottom and Adenn standing there waiting. To prevent himself from crashing face first into the last ice bridge Tyran rolled forward and burned his jetpack for ten seconds. Enough to slow his descent but he still landed on the last bridge a few feet from Adenn a little harder than he would have liked. He took a breath and stood up. "Well that wasn't so bad."

[member='Yasha Cadera'] [member='Beth Cadera'] [member='Aditya Fitz Kierke'] [member='The Skald'] [member='Laandur Solus'] [member='Loreena Arenais'] [member='Valdus Bral'] [member='Tarre Saxon']

Objective: Don't look over the edge, don't look over the edge
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Tyran Numeck"]

She would never understand how Adenn and Tyran managed to jump over the ledge like that and then joke about it at the bottom. She knew they were injured, because it was pretty obvious with a fall like that – jetpack or not. Beth moved slowly along with Valdus. Closer and closer to Adenn and Tyran, who she somewhat hoped were seriously injured from doing something so dumb.

She scowled at Adenn, keeping her eyes on Valdus’s back. Really, she couldn’t look down. Nope, she wouldn’t. Cause if she did, she’d probably die. And karking heck, she wasn’t about to have another fall injury. Nooope.

With the mention of medics, “Yeah, I’ll help them when I get down there,” she muttered. “I’m taking my time, though.

She gave a nod to Yasha’s question. “I just want off of this thing,” she said quietly as she stared ahead, clearly somewhat panicked by the idea of falling to her potential death yet again. The hand on her shoulder was reassuring, though and she took a breath of relief. “I didn’t think this was going to freak me out like it is but… Here I am, low-key panicking.

The trip down wasn’t too bad. They were almost there, so close. And Beth was sure she could hear the sounds of fauna and flora.

Laandur was sent flying across the fisher, but he kept control. As he neared the other side, the Night Witch flicked his wrists, revealing a pair of blades that he had in his gauntlets. The recon specialist used to jab into the wall of the canyon, and keep himself from flying around. Yeah, the wind had blown him around a bit, but he seemed to get off better than [member="Adenn Kyramud"] and [member="Tyran Numeck"] . What were those boneheads thinking? He then heard [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] . The man shook his head, tapping some setting on his helmet.

"Clan Mortui has always been just that crazy. Heck, both them and Gred. Mortui does insane things, and Gred use blasted swords before they'll pick up a blaster." He didn't have much sympathy or Adenn and Tyran. They did something stupid, and got hurt. So what. Yes he jumped over, but he knew what he was doing. The Mando'ade simply continued walking towards the group, and looked around. "So, how far are we from this place?"

Lori laughed-snorted as [member="Yasha Cadera"] behaved like a steed. Gosh if some people could see them now, their eyes would bug out! Yet here they were, descending down a super dangerous ice cavern on a huge iceball of a planet that just wanted to kill them all. How fun!!

"Don't worry, cousin!
I won't let my spirits fall!"
She was more often than not in a good mood anyways. Goofball Lori...that's how most saw her.

Her eyes darted along the canyon walls, looking for any signs of plantlife. At times the ice in it's crystalized form resembled a flower, but it was more a trick of the eye than anything else. Or so she thought. "We'll find you some plants. And hopefully..they can survive the trip out of here." Plants don't melt, do they?

Lori glanced down to [member="Beth Cadera"] as she seemed to be quite nervous. Poor thing didn't seem to like heights at all. Wrapping one arm around Yasha's shoulders, she reached down to Beth. "Wanna take my hand?
I promise we won't fall."

Objective: 2 Find the Moss Plants
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Tyran Numeck"]

"That's the spirit, Lori! We could all use some cheering up. And hey! Everyone, it's getting warmer at the bottom. A treat, eh? Hope's in sight. C'mon." Yasha eased her weight to better help Lori reach out to Beth, keeping her pace steady.

"You can't fall to your death, you're too close to me and the spear. Gravity controls, remember? Trust Lori." Yasha watched Adenn and Tyran find their creative way to the bottom, with the destruction abounding. "I will never understand those two... Come on! Let's hope there's something left at the bottom."

She followed down the trail, sliding the few final metres to the valley's plateau.

"This planet's hinkey. Keep your chin up and try to think of little jokes you can tell, while you plaster the two up. No kidding, Laandur. Hey, Aditya! Hurry up, before your special friend becomes a happy memory. Tyran! You alive, vod?"

Finally at the bottom, Yasha hopped on, and set Lori down. "I hope you enjoyed your trip on the Infernal Express, if you would like a return ticket, please see our ticket agent at the oasis up ahead."

Tyran Numeck

Tyran looked upwards and could see the others make their much more careful approach down the slopes and bridges. Sure jumping off the edge hadn't been the smartest thing to do but he didn't regret it in the slightest. Falling that fast had been exhilarating and he hadn't felt that alive for a very long time even if he couldn't really feel his left arm at the moment, his adrenaline was doing a good enough job at dulling the pain he'd no doubt be in later. He looked around at the ground they were standing on and it wasn't as solid as the hard packed ice up above, an indication of the warmth in the deeper parts of the crevice.

"It's not shirtless weather but it's better down here than it is up top." He radioed to the others. "Watch your step though, those last few bridges aren't exactly stable." The warmth had weakened them a little and the holes that he and Adenn had punched through them with their bodies hadn't really helped matters much.

[member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rapax Jahan the Lion"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Tarre Saxon"]

Having arrived at the bottom first, Adenn was also the first to partially see the warmer underground, and most definitely the first to feel the warmth. That warmth let Adenn smile behind his helm. He was alive, and in one piece, not only that, he had won that little race. The thought gave Adenn a grin, one that he didn't feel the need to remove. Then he spotted [member="Tyran Numeck"] and noted with partial amusement that his opponent hadn't fared as well as he, in fact, the man had a broken arm from what Adenn could see.

Shaking his head ruefully, Adenn focused his attention on the man. Smirking and tilting his head questioningly at his comment, Adenn shook his head in amusement.
"It was fun, but I think it was rather bad. Specifically for you." He let out a chuckle, and partially motioning towards the broken forearm, Adenn continued. "You seem to have broken something on the way down."

Then he turned his focus back on the main group as they descended. When [member="Laandur Solus"] spoke of how Mortui was crazy, Adenn couldn't help but laugh loudly.
"You're not wrong there, but that's part of the charm. Along those lines though, I consider my actions, and my clan mates actions, to be exceptional bravery in exceptionally stupid situations. And the more insane the response is, the more it makes sense, and thus, the better it is." The smirk on his face was evident in his voice, and Adenn didn't even try to hide it.

Turning towards the Mand'alor once she arrived at the bottom, Adenn saluted her. Then he turned to face what would no doubt be another scolding, a scolding he'd ignore. Chuckling quietly to himself, he listened as [member="Tyran Numeck"] spoke once more. Nodding his head, he looked up at the last few bridges, or more specifically the ones he'd gone through. Smiling to himself, Adenn recollected the little run he'd had, and the thought made his smile grow. That'd be another story many members of his clan would be impressed by, even if slightly disbelieving the its credibility. Smiling at the whole situation, Adenn turned his focus back to the group, still smiling behind his helmet.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="The Skald"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"]

Objective: Don't look over the edge, don't look over the edge
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Tyran Numeck"]

Lori was in high spirits, at least. And Yasha seemed fairly confident despite the agonizing fear of falling hundreds upon hundreds of feet to an icy grave. Which Tyran and Adenn of course did, with their jetpacks. She shook her head, still in disbelief. So careless with their lives.

Beth heard Lori mention taking her hand, which Beth did in a heartbeart. She held onto Lori, carefully walking forward. Even with Yasha’s confidence in gravity controls, Beth wasn’t very happy.

But man was she happy when they reached the bottom. She took a deep breath, glad that her head was hidden by her buy’ce. She took a breath as she glanced around at the wildlife below the frozen wastes above. “This has to be a dream come true, eh, mom?” She asked before walking towards Adenn and Tyran. “So, which of you need some healing? I’m sure that fall wasn’t without its consequences…”

Lori was glad that [member="Beth Cadera"] took hold of her hand. She held onto her well and didn't let go at all until they were at the bottom. She didn't even ease her grip either.

Finally they were at the bottom. And indeed it was warmer. As [member="Yasha Cadera"] put her down, Lori snicker-snorted at her comments. "That I shall. And I'll be sure to write a good review on the holonet in hopes of a great discount."

She let Beth go to the others and even let Yasha wander off without her. Lori then brought out the ignition switch for her jet pack and hit it. First there was a sputter, then nothing. She jumped up and down a bit to break up some of the ice inside, then hit the switch again. After a bit of a cough it came to life and she rose up into the air. Lori let herself hover over the ground, the flames melting sone of the ice below her boots. Then she shut it off and dropped back down again.

"Ohhh....hey Yasha!" Kneeling down in front of the patch of ice and snow that she had melted with her jetpack, Lori saw some purple leaves. They were tiny and shaped like hexagons. But they were easily identified as being some sort of plant.

Tyran Numeck

"Eh it's just a broken arm, nothing too serious." He said to Adenn. His adrenaline was still pumping through his blood stream full tilt so he didn't feel it yet. "I've had worse." He stood off to the side as the others made it down to the bottom. He was also sure he'd get a scolding but didn't think too much of it right now. He let the medic tend to his arm as he looked around at their surroundings and just now noticed the tiny leaves that were sticking up out of the ground hear and there.

"If this place does have life it would make sense for it to be down here where it is warmer, the question is though is that life going to be intelligent or are we just going to run into something wampa related?" He mused out loud to the group. Their mission was to find and harvest valuable minerals that the Mandalorian Empire could use in it's weapons, vehicles ans ships but they also had to make sure this planet wasn't inhabited by a people who were also using those materials.

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
Objective: 1 Minerals to Plunder for Mandalore
Allies: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] @Aditya Fitz Kierke [member="Rapax"] [member="Jahan the Lion"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Tarre Saxon"] [member="Laandur Solus"] [member="Tyran Numeck"]

“Wow, you two... just wow.” I shake my head, patting Adenn on the shoulder and hissing at the broken arm comment from Tyran.

“Buddy... Tyran that... gee. You’re a tough nut.” I laugh and move on, bringing out my diagnostic array and scanning the area.

“Yash? I’m reading massive heat signatures.. like the sort of massive that gives sensible people the pause and ‘maybe we should turn around’ thing.” Walking on, I peek around a glacial sheet only to find the landscape shifts monumentally for the warmer.

“... wanna go poke it? Pretty sure what I’ve got isn’t Wampa sized, Tyran... kind of bigger and... well there’s a lot of it on my scanners. Oh hey! Lori found leaves! Whelp! Yash’ll Be busy for the next seven years. There’s leaves.”

Oh... did I mention the sound of snarling hitting my sonics somewhere in the distance?

“Bit of a weird question to ask a bunch of raving Mandos, but... Aaaaanybody got any guns?”

Oh kriff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom